Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 07:21 PM   #2261
LightManticorex2
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXXII - TWGood End!

Kinda feeling like I'm okay with way too many people at the moment.

Feeling like most of the active people are okay?
Old 09-25-2017, 07:22 PM   #2262
TWG Ike
FFR Player

is there any site meta difference in pushing a mislynch on xelnya/blind versus haku?

cause asmo puts xelnya and blind both as "i think they're just frustrated town" aka "i know they're town and y'all are pushing them but keeping pushing them xoxo" but haku as slightly scummy then votes haku
Old 09-25-2017, 07:23 PM   #2263
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AragakiAyase View Post
idk about scum game, but town game based on what I saw in finals was:

huge post volume (n/a here because burnout) and tons of asking questions

throwing out thoughts (THOTS) and thinking aloud (check)

paranoia/tinfoil out the roof (not seeing this as much here, but I don't think that's necessarily a scumtell)

looking for fellow town (check I think)
just wanna say me throwing out a basis for reading yeti doesn't mean you have to as well, plus you're the one with the meta
Old 09-25-2017, 07:23 PM   #2264
TWG Ike
FFR Player

as in do people in games tend to look stronger at those who pushed xelnya or blind when those two are town whereas if you push town!haku people go "meh w/e i thought the same" ??
Old 09-25-2017, 07:23 PM   #2265
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
is there any site meta difference in pushing a mislynch on xelnya/blind versus haku?

cause asmo puts xelnya and blind both as "i think they're just frustrated town" aka "i know they're town and y'all are pushing them but keeping pushing them xoxo" but haku as slightly scummy then votes haku
well, haku mentioned it himself but he actually rarely gets mislynched because usually people read him as obvtown which hasn't happened this game

so going for haku mislynch is definitely less normal

pikakirby123 reincarnated

Old 09-25-2017, 07:24 PM   #2266
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
just wanna say me throwing out a basis for reading yeti doesn't mean you have to as well, plus you're the one with the meta
? haku said he was in the dark about meta, what's your point with this post?

Old 09-25-2017, 07:29 PM   #2267
LightManticorex2
FFR Player

Quote:

Iirc it's been a while since Haku has been lynched. Pushing for a mislynch on Haku seems like high risk low reward to be honest.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:31 PM   #2268
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

ind iso

Quote:
you ever read a post and go "wow that's a good post i wish i could think to make that post"

i'm bad at this game guys
this sparks a discussion with sunfan about ind's meta

Quote:
another read AA might say is too early: blind is town for that vote l0l
says blind is town for the vote on yeti

Quote:
that reads list is like super obviously not a real list but he doesn't care except for the part where he's in the bottom of it
Quote:
from his second post the vote seems real though
elaboration on blind being town for vote

Quote:
the sun fan

either we have different readings of the setup or you're just trying to mess with us but this isn't going in a productive direction
Quote:
DOG COUNTER: 1

responding to people and continuing to support the idea doesn't square with dropping it
votes sunfan for prolonging discussion about setup mechanics. worth noting that sunfan said to this second post that it was a damned if you do, damned if you don't type situation which I kind of agree with

Quote:
lol, this post next to the previous ones

i'm a bad villager, i'm scared to do anything with confidence and i'll fight people on their most confident reads even if i should trust them. i operate on instinct a bunch and it leads me various weird places

as wolf i feel like i put the game into a more rigid box and just try to make sure it goes the way i think it should in my head
self-meta discussion

Quote:
charu's towny

that's about it
Quote:
tone, he's posting like how i would post when someone is reaching for town cred like he's describing
Quote:
snark is a hard thing to do here if you don't believe you have a good read

i think he believes it
Quote:
and specific to charu

i know his normal posting range has posts where he basically says "ya wolfin' bub?!??!??" with 20 different inflections/turns of phrase

that post is like...more acerbic in a good way
this + blind are his only reads at this point, the bulk of the charu read is tone

Quote:
do you think it's alignment indicative?
asks haku if he thinks manti's entrance/lack of posting is AI

Quote:
what's the difference between his posting there and say, the turbo? like what makes him townier there?

i'm in a place where he's giving me similar brainfeels to the turbo
asks sunfan about the difference between manti in other games and the turbo, and says that he feels manti is similar to turbo where he was town

Quote:
rest of page 9 reads pretty weird

i'm townreading xel's defense even though there's like 5 disconnects among everyone posting around this time

don't think it means anything for charu

might mean something for sunfan but that depends on where his progressions go

i feel like sunfan is aimless up to this point other than he's staring at manti and charu from his couple of reads posts
makes his catchup posts that manti pushes him on, then this. townreads xel defense, NAI for charu, sunfan is directionless

Quote:
don't hate this
is ok with xel vote

Quote:
VV
Charu seriously the snarkiest i've ever seen him even if we differ on definitions of snark, content : post ratio is perhaps lower than usual but what's there feels good
DaBackpack ez read detective backpack is in the house and is bringing in relevant evidence that's hot and topical on his reread

V
AragakiAyase poking in directions is good, so far has known when a line of questioning is no longer going to bear fruit instead of tunneling, using his vote, wants villagers to be villagery
DarkManticoreX2 i like what he notices well enough, for me he typically posts in a way that says "look at me guys i logic'd good" and that's what's on display here, just don't think you can 1:1 translate the types of findings he makes to reads but it's an approach
XelNya me townreading his picking at the "last game" thing might be wrong but he goes here for now, other posts supremely not alignment indicative
roundbox he iso'd charu for some reason and i think he's doing that to be hip rather than harsh unless he's super afraid of making confident cases as a wolf or something

N
mellonxcollie dunno yet, remember thinking she can play more leveled than haku wants to give her credit for unless some remarkable antitown win streak means nothing, maybe there's something worth looking at there
the sun fan has actually been hard to place up to now because in some respects he's spinning his wheels. i can tell he's reading the game but when he posts thoughts they read more like things to watch
ShadoWolfe where u at pal i miss u
Hakulyte don't know if i can tell yet, i got this idea he was talking around his scumreads rather than trying to engage but i'd have to relook at that
blindreper1179 i think my early read on him is bad and i feel bad. i keep not reading him like i would any other player because he tends to say things that don't make sense to me like how he "caught" MML on "terminology" without ever explaining in the game what the differences were when asked, which when he restates it here makes me think he's actually proud of it and that would seem towny, except that also feels backward
kirkfan2255 lurkfan2255 (actually it's because i didn't read your posts all that well i'll fix this later)

W
Yeti the spice is really a stretch for me, your strongest associative is one i would agree with if it hit before AA/sunfan's interaction but not after and seems like just a hero lynch attempt on AA after all that

WW
nobody really
reads

Quote:
why propose a POE and then like

have charu sort it

idk
questions yeti putting out a POE then asking charu to sort it

Quote:
don't know how much lonver i'll last awake

i don't want sunfan to die here (up from my list) in case he winds up in contention
i don't want haku to die here since he got better, i may have gotten observer's paradox'd by soft calling him out but eeh
i would be ok with blind dying
i'm still thinking about xel
lynch feelings

Quote:
thread consensus on blind is worrisome even if the ideas going into it are good

if there's busing it somehow started ages ago
voices concern about blind thread consensus

Quote:
yeti

i'm not townreading you and i think your vote for xel is for bad reasons

my post about how to use the site was utterly semantically bankrupt compared to shado's since he was trying to figure out how you magically named the bottom half of sortbypostcount as your POE, which could have been a sick catch and possibly why xel's calling him town and doesn't have to call me town

then i didn't see you doing much in terms of trying to narrow that POE besides appealing to others for it (in a more direct sense than blind is arguing)
votes yeti

Quote:
i thinj there's something tk be said for xel having a strong read and actually wanting to lymch it, becausr i cam think of wolf games where he'll state he read he cam get away with amd just not follow through for reasons unknown
this post implies he thinks xel is town

so some questions that are on my mind

ind you said that you were townreading xel's defense in one of the posts that I quoted, and the very next post you make you don't hate dbp's vote on him. did you think dbp's thought process was ok even though the vote was on xel, or did you have reservations about xel that made you think the vote was ok?

what was your progression on xel after you townread him early? it's hard to find in your ISO and you seemed to be wavering a lot before you slept

meh. tbh the ISO d1 isn't bad, I think the townread was justified. he pings out interesting things like the yeti/charu POE thing, he pushed sunfan a bit for talking too much about mechanics (albeit with a catch-22 situation towards the end), his defense of manti's push was alright. his progression on the reads seems fine in general, one example being the blind read. I'll try to do d2 but I keep getting distracted and I still want to ISO haku

Old 09-25-2017, 07:32 PM   #2269
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightManticorex2 View Post
Iirc it's been a while since Haku has been lynched. Pushing for a mislynch on Haku seems like high risk low reward to be honest.
This is entering meme territory.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:39 PM   #2270
Hakulyte
the Haku

That makes sense if that's what Shado was thinking tho.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:55 PM   #2271
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
? haku said he was in the dark about meta, what's your point with this post?
you giving it the "(n/a here because burnout)" addendum seemed like appealing to what i said about it
Old 09-25-2017, 07:58 PM   #2272
Hakulyte
the Haku

When I look at postcount, TWG Ike is right above me so, I don't really see a problem here.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:00 PM   #2273
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
charu why is your vote on manti and not blind if per the above quote you think he's playing exactly to his last wolf game? what is your blind progression looking like?
It's simple. I think Manti is the bigger target here.

But for reference.

I still don't like blind, but his EoD was at least in an "okay" light in terms of trying to live whereas Xel showed none of that which is why I disregarded my vote to blind and believed in backpack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:01 PM   #2274
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Quote:
you giving it the "(n/a here because burnout)" addendum seemed like appealing to what i said about it
I had a discussion very early on with yeti about why she wasn't posting so much so no

Old 09-25-2017, 08:03 PM   #2275
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Also, distracted at the moment, playing tabletop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:03 PM   #2276
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

hello what is going on friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
Old 09-25-2017, 08:04 PM   #2277
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

almost fell asleep
let's try this again
Old 09-25-2017, 08:11 PM   #2278
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
so some questions that are on my mind

ind you said that you were townreading xel's defense in one of the posts that I quoted, and the very next post you make you don't hate dbp's vote on him. did you think dbp's thought process was ok even though the vote was on xel, or did you have reservations about xel that made you think the vote was ok?
i thought his process was ok for where he was because he was playing catch-up and wouldn't have yet seen why i would be townreading him

Quote:
what was your progression on xel after you townread him early? it's hard to find in your ISO and you seemed to be wavering a lot before you slept
i was trying to square the strong meta case backpack seemed to have on him with what i think is his "vanilla" game for lack of a better term

had 3 past games in mind: twgabout revolution (VT) and grand twgabout (wolf), as well as the last turbo (vigi)

grand twgabout was pretty much a great wolf game for him, but the thing i couldn't get out of my head was how he made a wallpost trying to chew people out over letting me get away with bad logic, without actually ever going much after me or the logic directly. that's what i meant about having a strong read and pushing it

twgabout revolution he had kind of a stranger defense of himself, insinuating the only reason you'd be pushing on him in that game was if he was framed by that one framer role, and that felt more similar to what he was doing here - like a similar anger bordering on unreasonable or "fake" - as opposed to the turbo where he went for more direct defense type stuff, and we mislynched him (this wasn't early either, it was like day 3?)

the bit i was weighing around then was him pushing blind faltered when he said we were letting him get away with the same shit again, but then i figure he had to leave before he could really rally us harder to the cause (and several of us got suspicious of the level of suspicion blind had). because i was trying to work through that, i would have preferred a blind lynch around then between the two of them

tl;dr i think you can read him largely according to the chart of how you read batman if you've seen that
Old 09-25-2017, 08:13 PM   #2279
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

kind of not really bothering with these roundbox posts until they take him places
Old 09-25-2017, 08:20 PM   #2280
TWG Ike
FFR Player

roundbox + manti scum

who else pink it
Closed Thread