Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2014, 07:59 PM   #1
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Getting started stepping video tutorial!

Here's my three-part basic stepping tutorial that I streamed tonight on Twitch:

https://www.twitch.tv/hi19hi19/profile/highlights

Part 1 - Downloading Stepmania and covering what a .sm file is and how it works. Then downloading DDReam, and covering basic DDReam song import and syncing.
-Feel free to skip the first part of this if you already have Stepmania and are familiar with the SM editor. DDReam content starts about halfway through.

Part 2 - More basic DDReam syncing - how to sync a constant BPM song, how to make BPM changes, how to save the file. Attempted explanation of the "BPM artifacts" issue with DDReam.

Part 3 - More advanced DDReam syncing - how to sync a complex, multi-BPM live metal song with slowdowns and lots of subtle BPM changes.

In the future I plan on covering more complex DDReam techniques. Core among the things I plan to cover are sub-beats and their many uses, such as color theory, syncing songs with irregular time signatures, and more. I will definitely make this tutorial on sub-beats soon, but I want to see what kind of reception these first 3 parts get before I do, as well as get any questions that people have so I can answer them in the upcoming parts.
Also I'm going to cover what happens when you hit "b" and the window is not highlighed. Because that's a major part of getting used to DDReam rofl

If someone can explain to me the easiest way to convert archived Twitch broadcasts to YouTube, that would be wonderful. I'd love to have them available on my YouTube channel because the Twitch VOD servers are objectively awful.

EDIT- Twitch changed all their shit, I'm just linking to my highlights page now.
I might put them on YouTube at some point but... work...

Last edited by hi19hi19; 06-1-2016 at 10:34 PM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote