Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2020, 08:56 AM   #801
TWG Julian
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cherry View Post
i think you knew they were town (because you're a wolf) and even if i'm wrong, tunneling someone so hard that they claim cop on day fucking zero is not a good look
again, absolutely no fucking way i or anyone else in this game could've known they were the cop
Old 03-10-2020, 08:57 AM   #802
TWG Julian
FFR Player

oh yeah, i agree on boomer being a wolf (around for eod but was quiet, bare minimum engagement, and interactions with zucker + the vote on del at eod are a bad look) and also mathilda is probably the acquisitioner
Old 03-10-2020, 08:58 AM   #803
TWG Mathilda
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Eugene View Post
I have given several possibilities to be true tonight. Which do you feel is the most likely?
Doc saved Del because I think in majority of cases doc is always going to try to protect the cop. Which of course would beg the question of why would the wolves target them, but maybe they thought the doc would go elsewhere thinking wolves wouldn't target cause the'd expect the doc to protect.

I'm leaning on the targeted Del side more than them being roleblocked or not sending a kill. Not sending a kill at all seems like it'd be really stupid especially after already losing on of their teammates. I guess you could argue they'd do it to try to make the cop claim questionable but with a doctor in game that would be kind of stupid to.

Aqui could've ended up roleblocked by either town or wolves so that's definitely a possibility same for vigi. Doubtful they both ended up roleblocked though so I think at least one shelved their ability for the night. Likely due to uncertainty with it being early game.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:01 AM   #804
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mathilda View Post
Aqui could've ended up roleblocked by either town or wolves so that's definitely a possibility same for vigi. Doubtful they both ended up roleblocked though so I think at least one shelved their ability for the night. Likely due to uncertainty with it being early game.
it's more likely that vigi decided not to shoot imo what what

i could see a vigi player be fearful of shooting a town or deciding it's too soon to use their ability, whereas it still makes very little sense to me for the acqui to not take someone over at every possible opportunity
Old 03-10-2020, 09:01 AM   #805
TWG Julian
FFR Player

Quote:
i don't think the acqui can be roleblocked. only the PI can stop them
Old 03-10-2020, 09:02 AM   #806
TWG Mathilda
FFR Player

Quote:
You had a grand total of 8 fucking useless posts

Right back at you
Yeah, I was busy last phase, wasting your time with a shit post of "we don't give a shit when you're sleep hours are" is kind of stupid and actually kind of matters a bit to notice the patterns of hours when people are around and not but alright there buddy.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:03 AM   #807
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Quote:
Doc saved Del because I think in majority of cases doc is always going to try to protect the cop. Which of course would beg the question of why would the wolves target them, but maybe they thought the doc would go elsewhere thinking wolves wouldn't target cause the'd expect the doc to protect.

I'm leaning on the targeted Del side more than them being roleblocked or not sending a kill. Not sending a kill at all seems like it'd be really stupid especially after already losing on of their teammates. I guess you could argue they'd do it to try to make the cop claim questionable but with a doctor in game that would be kind of stupid to.

I never considered the wolves blocking the acquisitioner... so if we consider THIS world we have to assume Del was saved by the doctor as well.

Am I following you correctly here?
Old 03-10-2020, 09:04 AM   #808
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
i don't think the acqui can be roleblocked. only the PI can stop them
i don't think that's the case, nothing in the setup/role info says that what what

PI only has an effect on acqui and nobody else, but that's the only thing even close that i can see
Old 03-10-2020, 09:04 AM   #809
TWG Mathilda
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
oh yeah, i agree on boomer being a wolf (around for eod but was quiet, bare minimum engagement, and interactions with zucker + the vote on del at eod are a bad look) and also mathilda is probably the acquisitioner
Oh yeah? why am I aqui? Why did I not take over someone if I were?
Old 03-10-2020, 09:05 AM   #810
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
I never considered the wolves blocking the acquisitioner... so if we consider THIS world we have to assume Del was saved by the doctor as well.

wouldn't it be more plausible that wolves block del? denying a cop read is going to be worth a lot more to the wolves than hoping they hit someone else worthwhile with it what what
Old 03-10-2020, 09:06 AM   #811
TWG Julian
FFR Player

Quote:
i don't think that's the case, nothing in the setup/role info says that what what

PI only has an effect on acqui and nobody else, but that's the only thing even close that i can see
medic can't prevent an acquisition from happening, and there's an entire PR whose only job is to deal with the 3rd party, so i've just been assuming roleblockers can't stop them either
Old 03-10-2020, 09:06 AM   #812
TWG Mathilda
FFR Player

Quote:

My assumption would be that aqui ended up blocked last night cause it really makes no sense for them to not take over someone else. Well blocked or I guess PI saved whoever they'd targeted. Not entirely used to this 3rd party mechanic yet.

I think it's very possible that the wolves went for the Del kill, Del was saved by Doc and they took the chance at blocking someone else.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:07 AM   #813
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Quote:
wouldn't it be more plausible that wolves block del? denying a cop read is going to be worth a lot more to the wolves than hoping they hit someone else worthwhile with it what what
This is I think 4 of the world's I thought of and seems to be the most likely scenario and it's one that I'm going to use to solve our grand puzzle here.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:08 AM   #814
TWG Mathilda
FFR Player

Quote:
Really we need Del to get in here and tell us if they got a read or not last night. But there's a chance they took the trying to kill over block route.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:08 AM   #815
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Quote:
My assumption would be that aqui ended up blocked last night cause it really makes no sense for them to not take over someone else. Well blocked or I guess PI saved whoever they'd targeted. Not entirely used to this 3rd party mechanic yet.

I think it's very possible that the wolves went for the Del kill, Del was saved by Doc and they took the chance at blocking someone else.
So what you're suggesting is the world that I said that Del was saved and Aquisition was blocked? It's becoming more and more likely
Old 03-10-2020, 09:09 AM   #816
TWG Mathilda
FFR Player

Quote:
This is I think 4 of the world's I thought of and seems to be the most likely scenario and it's one that I'm going to use to solve our grand puzzle here.
I really think you should wait to see if Del tells us they got a result.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:09 AM   #817
TWG Maple
FFR Player

Quote:
Also I'm going to be the one to address the elephant in the room here:

Del, who did you check? We need solutions to the game as we ride on the momentum of lynching a wolf D0. Maybe I'm being a little gungho asking this, but since you claimed, the onus is on you to prove your claim to us
For real? I basically stated this in one of my posts last night, and they have yet to post... trying to look a little too town?
Old 03-10-2020, 09:09 AM   #818
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

But THAT world begs the question: who did our vigilante shoot? And if they shot someone it's either a bullet vest wolf or bullet vest Aquisition
Old 03-10-2020, 09:10 AM   #819
TWG Mathilda
FFR Player

Quote:
So what you're suggesting is the world that I said that Del was saved and Aquisition was blocked? It's becoming more and more likely
I mean there's essentially 3 ways aqui could've been blocked so I'd say it's pretty likely. Two roleblockers and the PI.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:10 AM   #820
TWG Julian
FFR Player

Quote:
Oh yeah? why am I aqui? Why did I not take over someone if I were?
town's job is to lynch wolves, wolf's job is to lynch townies, and acqui's job is to take people over until they're the last one left. lynchings don't really matter to them d1, and i'd say your play best reflected that. no vote, no attempt to solve anything. you just existed because you had no motivation to do anything at that point. presumably you didn't take someone over because you got blocked.
Closed Thread