Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2023, 04:57 PM   #121
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG 208: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (side-episode) [GAME THREAD]

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
From a base pov, I can see where Haku is coming from just based on numbers alone.
3 wolves to 8 town is disadvantage in many ways, and also having our one-night vigi to begin with can basically make this game go from 3 to 8, to 3 to 5 and a MYLO situation *really* quickly; and that's not even counting our paranoid sword-wielder.

I do want to still vote, though, because voting is our power. If vigi doesn't shoot today, I think that's safer for town to ensure we don't lose on the next day, and shoots N2 while there's a better chance of hitting (if that makes sense).
I wanna pick your brain a sec -

Does Rean or Fie affect how you view this?

I'll also front-load why I ask: I think your thoughts are incomplete possibly.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 05:21 PM   #122
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG 208: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (side-episode) [GAME THREAD]

Quote:
From a base pov, I can see where Haku is coming from just based on numbers alone.
3 wolves to 8 town is disadvantage in many ways, and also having our one-night vigi to begin with can basically make this game go from 3 to 8, to 3 to 5 and a MYLO situation *really* quickly; and that's not even counting our paranoid sword-wielder.

I do want to still vote, though, because voting is our power. If vigi doesn't shoot today, I think that's safer for town to ensure we don't lose on the next day, and shoots N2 while there's a better chance of hitting (if that makes sense).
I think you're missing the point that the jailer has a private chat and can also kill the target in the night. Town has 2 kill powers in theory even if the most likely scenario is that the jailed target is town and nothing happens.

There's even a scenario where they jail Millium and can technically know the entire setup after.

If it was just a regular jailer I would understand the lack of interest, but this game is different.
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 05:39 PM   #123
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

I'm glad the jailer has options doing the night that help us solve

But town as a whole still has to come to consensus and letting one person do the work behind the scenes doesn't seem like the pro strat here

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 06:13 PM   #124
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post

But town as a whole still has to come to consensus and letting one person do the work behind the scenes doesn't seem like the pro strat here
It actually is because town has plenty of PRs and keeping the game in the dark also keeps the game in the dark for scum which town heavily need right now.

By example, if nearly every player wants to insta one player except one town player that is completely right on the money. Chances are that this player is Millium and poof voilą, town loss the game. By not providing voting data and trends, scum is stuck kicking a player out of the game randomly and that's vital here.

I would tend to no lynch every phase because we don't have to deal with the votes from scum team. There's no bias to fight against.

What you're suggesting imo is only optimal after they kill the jailer, but right now it makes no sense. If I was scum, I would promote going for an insta and just misdirect town enough so they mislynch. It's easy here and fill two goals at same time. It solves the game faster for them and give them more data. This is literally a war of information.
Old 08-20-2023, 06:25 PM   #125
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Haku the number of wolves there are never goes down of town doesn't kill anyone

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 06:40 PM   #126
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I wanna pick your brain a sec -

Does Rean or Fie affect how you view this?

I'll also front-load why I ask: I think your thoughts are incomplete possibly.
No. I'd imagine Rean's ability is based off of a person they want to join; not a character.

Fie, based on how I understand that role, doesn't pro-long the death announcement, but just the flip.
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 06:42 PM   #127
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lightknight924

Oh shoot guys I'm alive and here now! I ended up sleeping most of yesterday to catch up from overnights irl job...I have a lot of reading to do but I've skimmed a bit of the thread...need to catch up...will be around for end of day though at least.
Lightknight924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 06:43 PM   #128
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I think you're missing the point that the jailer has a private chat and can also kill the target in the night. Town has 2 kill powers in theory even if the most likely scenario is that the jailed target is town and nothing happens.

There's even a scenario where they jail Millium and can technically know the entire setup after.

If it was just a regular jailer I would understand the lack of interest, but this game is different.
And I don't trust one person's opinion on who to jail versus the consensus of people voting.
Old 08-20-2023, 06:43 PM   #129
T-Force
Your world ends with you

We can try to sway a jailer to pick who we want, but ultimately it is up to them. I don't think giving them that power is necessarily in our best interest.
Old 08-20-2023, 06:44 PM   #130
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post

Didn't even read this post, so it looks like I basically sheeped it, but yeah. This.
Old 08-20-2023, 06:45 PM   #131
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Quote:
No. I'd imagine Rean's ability is based off of a person they want to join; not a character.
Elaboration:
If I was Rean, how I interpret the ability is "I want to join the team of mellon_collie," rather than "I want to join the team of Fie."
Old 08-20-2023, 06:52 PM   #132
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightknight924 View Post
Oh shoot guys I'm alive and here now! I ended up sleeping most of yesterday to catch up from overnights irl job...I have a lot of reading to do but I've skimmed a bit of the thread...need to catch up...will be around for end of day though at least.
How early can you be here before the end of the day ? It's not a big read and most of the posts can be skimmed tbh.
Old 08-20-2023, 06:56 PM   #133
Hakulyte
the Haku

Ok so, who's the obvious scum you guys spotted that must be voted out and is completely worth the risk of losing the game ?
Old 08-20-2023, 07:00 PM   #134
the sun fan
FFR Player

votecount:
Zenith (1)- Lar

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 07:05 PM   #135
Hakulyte
the Haku

I think even if everyone wanted to insta someone, it would still be difficult to do so. Remember that majority vote without insta do not hang someone.
Old 08-20-2023, 07:10 PM   #136
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Elaboration:
If I was Rean, how I interpret the ability is "I want to join the team of mellon_collie," rather than "I want to join the team of Fie."
I operated on this assumption as well, my concern in the question was how Fie's delayed flip plays into what you outlined

Or the idea that Rean is scum effectively and how it would interact with the 3-8 becoming a 4-7 effectively.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 07:13 PM   #137
Hakulyte
the Haku

Vigi bad shot + Third party leaning scum + mislynch = mylo next phase.

That's how ridiculous this game is.
Old 08-20-2023, 07:16 PM   #138
Hakulyte
the Haku

The game could have no merlin and you could still lose next phase.
Old 08-20-2023, 07:17 PM   #139
Hakulyte
the Haku

Actually, the game could end tonight if too many town PRs target Laura.
Old 08-20-2023, 07:17 PM   #140
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I operated on this assumption as well, my concern in the question was how Fie's delayed flip plays into what you outlined

Or the idea that Rean is scum effectively and how it would interact with the 3-8 becoming a 4-7 effectively.
It doesn't. Whoever is delayed being flipped, we still assume they're town seeing as that's a wolf kill no matter what, right? We just don't know what specifically they are.

As for the possibility of 4-7, yeah, that sucks p hard, but that just makes it that more urgent for us to not wait on voting someone out, or hoping and praying that jailer hits.

Regardless, I want my fate to be in my hands, dammit. I'm not letting a jailer determine that for me.