Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-8-2010, 10:09 AM   #81
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: College/University??

Like I said, implying a 700k/year profit is retarded if he's talking about pure arbitrage, here. The only way to make that kind of money is to grow your own, and you'd need some pretty massive storage facilities to maintain that sort of thing. I don't see bender being able to utilize those kind of assets after only a year, especially if all he started out with was 80 bucks. I'm guessing he's trying to argue that he knew dealers and basically found people to sell to, and networked to match supply to demand, taking a cut from the middle. Of course, making 700k/yr this way is retardedly unlikely. Most major profits come from small profits over time -- not huge purchases all at once. Trying to take an average of $1900/day as a middleman-salesman? lmfao.

Again, though, I think it's all pretty pale in comparison to actually acquiring legitimate earnings. "Life on the street" as a "more fun/real replacement for a responsible reality" is just complete nonsense and is an appeal to confirmation bias. Let the statistical expectations/averages speak for themselves. Like I said, there's a reason the premiums are as high as they are. If you're not making money from skill, you're making it off luck. And luck has a nasty habit of being an impermanent thing.
MrRubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 10:55 AM   #82
Zamiax
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Zamiax Send a message via MSN to Zamiax Send a message via Yahoo to Zamiax

First year at Drew University Chem major x]
If you want an FFR convention somewhere in the New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania area copy and paste this on your siggy to support so that this message can be heard and we will get a convention here

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=77229

Support the FFR help system
Click me!

Join Kongregate!

Join a new gaming community,

"God does not exist"
-- Karl Marx
"Karl Marx does not exist"
-- God
Zamiax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 12:51 PM   #83
Charlo
FFR Player

Community college programmer/analyst program. I'm enjoying myself.

I make metal files for keyboard players! Check them out at:
Charlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 12:54 PM   #84
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

rubix is smart.

oh I guess I didn't actually respond to the OP. I don't have anything new to add to whatever I said in the college thread from last year, but eh.

University of Central Florida, sophomore, Information Technology. our football team got totally snubbed from making the top 25 cut this week. any of you techies wanna join me and fix the stupid computers that churn out the bcs standings? hah.
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 02:31 PM   #85
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

Yup, Rubix, you got me. I didn't make any money based on skill at all. You're right. I didn't put hundreds of hours of hard study into my trade, nor did I spend countless all nighters to go out of my way to satisfy the consumer.

Nor did I make EVERYONE happy, and still leave a demand that CANNOT be met because I no longer have a supply. Or maybe I didn't become insanely successful because I set out to return legitimacy to a long broken game, hmmmm, I can't tell which of those things were luck, but I mean I guess it must have been all of them, right?

You make me sick, you just assume that because you're smart no one else is. You have a lot to learn about life, and one day my name WILL be a household name, and you will still be Mr. Rubix, king of flash games, every 12 year old boy's wet dream, and you'll have a pretty good paycheck and a comfortable way of life, but will you actually enjoy any of it? I highly doubt it.

the ONLY reason I'm not providing exact math is because I'm not dumb enough to put on record exactly what I was moving and when.
bender5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 02:38 PM   #86
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

lol "you get pretty defensive"
lol "pretty good paycheck"
lol "but will you actually enjoy any of it?"
Old 11-8-2010, 02:45 PM   #87
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender5 View Post
you'll have a pretty good paycheck and a comfortable way of life, but will you actually enjoy any of it? I highly doubt it.
There's a reason why people get to choose their majors in universities.. Of course they got to enjoy what they major in.

Proud member of Team No
leonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 02:46 PM   #88
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
will you actually enjoy any of it? I highly doubt it.
why? is a challenging and satisfying career not worthwhile? will his 9-5 eliminate his chances of having any endeavors outside of his job? somehow I think you're off on this one.

it's cool that you're so ambitious about your whole business. I just hope you know what you're doing, because I sure as hell don't.
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 02:47 PM   #89
xXDeltaXx
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to xXDeltaXx

Im a senior in highschool most likely going to Gordon Christian College to major in Biology. I was going to do pre-vet but I chose Bio to keep my options open in case things turn another direction

Tournament Results:
1st Place Finishes: 5
2nd Place Finishes: 3
3rd Place Finishes: 2
xXDeltaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 02:56 PM   #90
RobertsonaIsBack
FFR Player

bender is dumb
Quote:
Originally Posted by customstuff View Post
BUMP with our first ever Dubstep permission!!
RobertsonaIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 02:57 PM   #91
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

You guys act like I'm not gonna do the same thing and get a 9-5 in a dispensary while keeping it stocked.

I'm just pointing out that corporate finance is not only a horribly greedy system, but it is a really boring way of life. Doing the same thing day in and day out, coming home to an online forum because you don't actually associate with anyone in real life, and you play the same games as preteen kids. Sorry, I just don't see how they compare.

and calling me dumb, is flat out the stupidest thing you can do. I know people better than anyone, and I know what they like and I know what they need. If you guys honestly want to think otherwise than this community is just a loss, and you're all just a bunch of stupid ****ing nerds with your heads up your asses.
Old 11-8-2010, 02:59 PM   #92
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I think you have a strong stereotype against financial/comp jobs...

Proud member of Team No
leonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 03:00 PM   #93
RobertsonaIsBack
FFR Player

Quote:
and calling me dumb, is flat out the stupidest thing you can do.
i dont know man i think there are probably stupider things
Quote:
Old 11-8-2010, 03:00 PM   #94
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonid View Post
I think you have a strong stereotype against financial/comp jobs...
I have a strong distaste for the banks in our country, and most people end up working for banks, getting paid pretty well, while the corporate executives make MILLIONS off of people's very VERY hard work.

I see it happen to my dad every day and I think it's sad to be honest.
Old 11-8-2010, 03:02 PM   #95
RobertsonaIsBack
FFR Player

bender's job is probably creating those popup internet ads that tell you that

I Made 700 K A Year Just Sitting On My Ass You Can Do It Too Click This Link
Quote:
Old 11-8-2010, 03:04 PM   #96
Jaw-Long
FFR Player

*clicks*
Elitist
Self-important
Trolls

The more butthurt you get about us, the more we profit from your misery.
Jaw-Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 03:05 PM   #97
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
You guys act like I'm not gonna do the same thing and get a 9-5 in a dispensary while keeping it stocked.

I'm just pointing out that corporate finance is not only a horribly greedy system, but it is a really boring way of life. Doing the same thing day in and day out, coming home to an online forum because you don't actually associate with anyone in real life, and you play the same games as preteen kids. Sorry, I just don't see how they compare.

and calling me dumb, is flat out the stupidest thing you can do. I know people better than anyone, and I know what they like and I know what they need. If you guys honestly want to think otherwise than this community is just a loss, and you're all just a bunch of stupid ****ing nerds with your heads up your asses.
Wow, faulty stereotype much? Finance/technology are amazingly fun fields. Not sure why you're throwing games/forums in there as if that's all our lives are. I've got a very fulfilling life outside of the internet and a successful career ahead of me. And I don't need to have a job I hate or crappy hours to do it. You may have a taste of 700k, but that's nothing compared to making financial decisions that involve millions of dollars -- decisions that ultimately result in massive gains for the end-consumers -- value that no drug money can provide.

For someone who claims to know people/"the real world" much, you're not exactly showing it. Maybe you understand the "marijuana underground," but you do not understand higher education or economics/business (or even psychology, for that matter).
Old 11-8-2010, 03:06 PM   #98
RobertsonaIsBack
FFR Player

bender killed a ***** once
Quote:
Old 11-8-2010, 03:06 PM   #99
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I have a strong distaste for the banks in our country, and most people end up working for banks, getting paid pretty well, while the corporate executives make MILLIONS off of people's very VERY hard work.

I see it happen to my dad every day and I think it's sad to be honest.
This depends on where you work and what you do. Not all firms are built equal. Some have horizontal/vertical management structures. Others have small teams (hell, just look at some successful hedge funds). Not everything is about "making the Man rich." Not everything is as cut-and-dry as you imply, Mr. Real World.
Old 11-8-2010, 03:12 PM   #100
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

I've studied psychology, and the things that I find fascinating. Maybe you find working in an office building in NYC a satisfying lifestyle, but I certainly don't. You'll enjoy yourself now, but in 40 years when you've been doing the same thing every single day, you'll realize there was so much more you COULD have done in your life, but didn't because you were too caught in the moment and going with the flow of society and what you think makes you happy.

I'm just saying, that if you really haven't found out the true values of life and think that a white collar job is the route of all happiness or whatever you cling to, you're never gonna be as happy as I am.

I've never enjoyed myself more than in the year this forum was down than ever before in my life and I got a chance to go out and experience things. I've seen every walk of life, and the people that enjoy themselves the most are the ones that have the least.

What I do is provide a medicine that people much like myself (I almost died in a VERY severe car accident and have permanent pains because of it) need to get by, so they don't get their bodies horribly addicted to disgusting opiates. I help people far more than you seem to get and seeing someone's smiling face when I give them the most beautiful product is more than enough to make me want to do exactly what I do.