Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2009, 08:11 PM   #1941
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: R1 - Actual Song Difficulties V2

i reckon we should all vote in 1 song from each lvl (1-12) that is standard.

like uhh...I think that pimp slap is a mid VC, i think BB Evolution is a mid FMO, etc, etc.

so when tass chooses difficulties for new songs in the game, he can compare the song to the chosen mid songs in each level so get the most accurate ratings.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:12 PM   #1942
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127

Can Nitrx be made a VC? That song has a crap load of awkward and tough patterns and the jacks are pretty tricky too. Pretty sad when a 10 good run is ranked in the top 100 and very few AAA's for it on a C rating.
Plan_Bsk81127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:39 PM   #1943
Archelos
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by stavie33 View Post
When you get better at the game, views of song difficulties completely change.
Nah not really bro, plenty of VCs are VCs to me and I've practically sightread AAAed them. Just cause you can do well on something doesn't mean you aren't able to look at its difficulty from a broad point of view (taking its speed and pattern choices into comparison of other songs).

If you're going around saying things should be easier just because you personally can suddenly AAA them / sightread them, then... you missed the point of this thread, lmao. Unless we're all supposed to say what we think about the difficulties personally here. I mean excuse me, I'm new.

And if that's the case, I think J219 should be FMO and LW4 should be VC. After all it took me 5 tries to AAA J219 and 4 to AAA LW4 (3 if you don't count the boo out). And personally I don't think LW4 is hard at all. I barely try and I PA the streams, they're not fast at all. Guess that means it's VC?

EDIT:

Quote:
Ska Cha Cha is definitely a C, I AAA'd sightread, it's really, really easy, mid-high C.
Bro I just sightread AAAed Jelly Roll Blues and I thought it was easy as **** so I guess that makes Jelly Roll Blues Challenging and not VC?

Last edited by Archelos; 03-19-2009 at 09:15 PM..
Archelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:20 AM   #1944
retching oesophagus
(^._.^) =^-ω-^= (^・o・^)ノ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
i reckon we should all vote in 1 song from each lvl (1-12) that is standard.

like uhh...I think that pimp slap is a mid VC, i think BB Evolution is a mid FMO, etc, etc.

so when tass chooses difficulties for new songs in the game, he can compare the song to the chosen mid songs in each level so get the most accurate ratings.
but only lvl 5 songs can be standard ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm im confuzed

it'd be better to measure songs that are borderline. for example any song that is easier than NWE or GOSW is VC, any song easier than FN is FMO. i think that is how it's currently done anyway.

and yeh Kanon-Kanon - 240bpm chains, trils and rolls - needs to be moved up. possibly also xeno flow. that's like my other worst VC.
retching oesophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:03 AM   #1945
lukestepwalker
NEVER GOIN PRO
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lukestepwalker

Why the **** isnt club an Oni Get. i mean if people are getting a token for gay none will escape then i should get 1 for club because its harder hands down . i dont think thats fair i think M.A.M.A. AND KIL STAGE is harder than none will escape.

Just give me the token
lukestepwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:07 AM   #1946
jimerax
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jimerax Send a message via MSN to jimerax Send a message via Skype™ to jimerax

hey what are current major issues in difficulty ratings (oh some suggestions look a bit ridiculous)?
jimerax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:11 AM   #1947
Quasar889
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I actually really like the idea of setting a standard.

You pick one song from each difficulty that exemplifies some of the techniques most often encountered in that difficulty, and you judge all songs that *MIGHT* go into that difficulty against your standard song.

I think this wouldn't be too hard to do, and it might clarify a few issues.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:53 PM   #1948
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimerax View Post
hey what are current major issues in difficulty ratings (oh some suggestions look a bit ridiculous)?
Kanon-Kanon VC -> FMO
Nitrx C -> VC
NWE FMO -> VC (it's about damn time, come on people)

those are the big ones I can think of
You're holding me down (Oh Oh)
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Filling me up with your rules (Oooh)
stavie33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:30 PM   #1949
TheSeventhDawn
FFR Player

I'm giving out my opinion as D/VDs player(I can FC most of the Ds and a few VDs, I can play all VDs, but not neccessary FC them, but I can play them; you can check my other account's scores, it's written in my profile).

Tetris Remix : I think Tetris Remix should be a low-8(in my opinion, so no hard feeling please).

I'm pretty sure the person who asked to change for a 7 almost or already AAAed it, many people have tendency to decrease a song's difficulty because they obtained a good score on it(BF, SDG or most likely, AAA), because the beginning and the ending of that song has patherns harder to read than most songs. I can have an easier time reading a few 8s that I FCed than Tetris, and this is coming from a person Fcing 7s and 8s, not somebody who can AAA 7s and 8s eyes closed, so I believe my opinion on this song is slightly more accurate than his(again, just my opinion, no hard feeling, no flame, no swearing please).

By the way, I didn't mean that experienced players can't have their opinion, or their opinion aren't accurate, or anything like that. I just mean that a person whose skill is around a song's respective level might have a better point of view of its difficulty than those who can AAA with ''eyes closed''.

Sure, the middle part could be considered as ''easy'', because there's no tricky patherns in the middle(however, there's a time in the middle when the jumps seem to be coming at a different pace, I don't know if the person who changed it took notes of this before, he's probably too ''pro'' to see it anyway), but the beginning and the ending are still hard enough to make it a low-8(the person who asked to change this probably had no idea how hard it is to actually read those, since he probably AAAed 7s and 8s already, so he doesn't have an idea about how hard that song is for middle players), not to mention how easy it is to screw up the ending and fail to FC it(I think nobody actually think about the difficulty of FCing a song when judging it). Note that I said a low-8, not a mid or a high.

First Try : This song should be bumped to a mid-7(at least a low-7, but not a 6), I can name a lot of 7s easier than this song(Pondering Stuff, Platypus, Roses and Butterflies (Heavy), Elements, and many others). It's really annoying to FC and to PA for a middle-level player, because of its quick rolls and staircases, not to mention the annoying constant slow jacks in it. If it doesn't get changed, then I would like to know the reason. The only 6 harder than First Try is Dragon's Final Roar, which is supposed to be a high-7, if I refer to the list at the first page.

That's all I can think right now. I can't give my opinion on any songs above 9s, because I don't have the skills to judge, seeing how I can't play a 9 without mashing at least at one part of the song, but there's more people taking judging songs above Challenging than below(correct me if I'm wrong, but I can hardly see anybody paying attention to songs below 8).

By the way, shouldn't be Dragon's Final Roar changed to a 7 already? Just wondering, since nobody seem to notice how that song is way too hard for a Tricky song, I guess there's not a lot of middle level players(7s-9s) here.

P.S: I'm still not familiar with FFR vocabulary, so feel free to correct me, I won't mind.

Last edited by TheSeventhDawn; 03-20-2009 at 11:15 PM..
TheSeventhDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:20 PM   #1950
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Oh yeah, First Try. I remember that song. It's one of, like, two difficulty 6s that I can't AAA. I kinda agree that it should be a 7, even though it's short it's got some tricky bursts and the slow jacks are annoying to PA.
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:32 AM   #1951
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I HATE First Try. Make it a 7, that ****'s evil...
You're holding me down (Oh Oh)
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Filling me up with your rules (Oooh)
stavie33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:42 AM   #1952
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

NWE is an FMO to me, lol
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:56 AM   #1953
mhss1992
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Ska Cha Cha is definitely a C, I AAA'd sightread, it's really, really easy, mid-high C. Honestly, I think Otter's Dance should be VC, as it's the only C I haven't AAA'd (keep BF'ing it). That song is really much harder than a lot of easy VC songs, but it won't get changed. Ska Cha Cha is a joke, AAA'd sightread. When you get better at the game, views of song difficulties completely change. I used to think Gradeus was really, really hard. Now I think it could be C.
I'm really not that bad. I can AAA many VC songs much more easily than Ska Cha Cha, it has really annoying bursts. I sightread PLANETZ and I don't think it's a C.

Best AAA: Frictional Nevada (Done while FFR was out, so it doesn't show in my level stats)

Resting. I might restart playing FFR seriously someday.
mhss1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:54 PM   #1954
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

If NWE becomes a VC then Why don't we make RATO a FMO? It fits.

That just ridiculous NWE While being easy for Index compared to most FMO, Still is a complicated song to even FC. Around arrows 400 - 420 is a rather annoying pattern, then thee jumps with those random 16ths in it (I don't know what arrows these are.) just would make it ridiculous. And 0 I'm sure that if NWE was dropped to a VC, FOTBB would be left as FMO, cause those trills are just hard.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 01:54 PM   #1955
cedolad
moonchild~

Send a message via Skype™ to cedolad

I agree with Midnight on keeping NWE a FMO. But if NWE was dropped why would FotBB and Silence be dropped? The offsync of Silence makes the jump stream seem harder than what it is, because it doesn't follow anything. And FotBB the left handed trill is annoying as hell for spread users. I think we should just leave those 3 alone.

And First Try should definitely go up to a 7. Because the rolls inside the jumps, would not make a 6. It should easily be a 7.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:13 PM   #1956
Archelos
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeventhDawn View Post
First Try : This song should be bumped to a mid-7(at least a low-7, but not a 6), I can name a lot of 7s easier than this song(Pondering Stuff, Platypus, Roses and Butterflies (Heavy), Elements, and many others).
Okay, I just played First Try and Elements. You're assuming that everyone can combo stream as easily as you can. People who have trouble with stream will find Elements harder than First Try, I guarantee you. Plus, maybe you're forgetting that Elements has 8th note jumpstream. Yeah, that's not really so simple for somebody playing at that level. First Try, however, is pretty much all 8th jacks, with some 24ths, and an occasional 16th wedged in between two jumps.

Quote:
It's really annoying to FC and to PA for a middle-level player, because of its quick rolls and staircases
That's a good point.

Quote:
not to mention the annoying constant slow jacks in it.

Did I miss something? We're now bumping levels up for being... slow? Also, what's "slow" to a newbie? Maybe an experienced player will go back on these and think "wtf these are slow hard to PA omg" but for somebody not so experienced, maybe the First Try jacks are a comfortable speed.

EDIT: You're playing with one hand, which can also change the way you look at things.

Last edited by Archelos; 03-21-2009 at 02:16 PM..
Archelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 02:25 PM   #1957
cedolad
moonchild~

Don't forget NWE gets you oni. Oni is attached to a few songs, dropping NWE could lower the songs you can AAA for oni.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:52 PM   #1958
mhss1992
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

The new public song, Keep In Mind, is harder than many of the lower FMO songs, even though it's considered VC.

Best AAA: Frictional Nevada (Done while FFR was out, so it doesn't show in my level stats)

Old 03-21-2009, 03:02 PM   #1959
cedolad
moonchild~

The difficulty of Keep In Mind is right. It's a consistent VC. It's fine.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:09 PM   #1960
mhss1992
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedolad View Post
The difficulty of Keep In Mind is right. It's a consistent VC. It's fine.
But Silence, Going on Spring Wind, NWE, etc. are all easier than it. It's not a mid VC.