Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2014, 03:19 PM   #27
ilikexd
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: 2nd Official FFR StepCon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Judge 1: I don't get what you mean by "straight jumpstream". I purposely layered my file heavily because I think it's a very hyped song that absolutely fits such a high difficulty level (without being fucking buzzes everywhere rofl). And yes there are sounds to the 16ths which let me step those parts that way to keep the density higher than in the less intense parts of the song. Also "mountains of mistakes" well you're a judge damnit your job is to point out those mistakes so people can fix them...
It means that the more prominent instruments or melodies were not straight 16ths, even if there was some other sound that was 16ths. Layering heavily to match the intensity of the music is obviously fine, but can still be criticized when it's done with non-prominent or even unnoticeable instruments/sounds. I do agree that if there is a supposed "mountain of mistakes", that at least one of each sort should be pointed out with a timestamp, or at least generally described.

Quote:
Judge 2: I don't even know if I want to answer that. Every JS pattern I modified as much as I could (which was fairly enough) and please tell me why it wasnt Meant for JS.
It's pretty much the same thing judge 1 is saying, except maybe in a more curt and less descriptive tone. He or she thinks the music doesn't merit being stepped as nonstop jumpstream, which is a pertinent criticism provided the things judge 1 did say, although in this case judge 2 should be more descriptive. If there wasn't any copypasting/repeating in the jumpstreams, well then that's an error on that judge's part, but it can reflect the degree of disinterest the judge has with the file being stepped entirely that way.

Quote:
Judge 3: I'm just concerned about that last comment, not sure what you meant by that (ending handstream?)
It's a criticism of the hand usage, that it doesn't seem to make sense (it appears to not follow anything consistently or at all, or it's somehow otherwise unmerited).