Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 08:07 PM   #1
jackdark316
FFR Player

Question FFR Resonance

Uhm...what happened to resonance? i cant find it on the sight where it used to be (before ffr shut down for a while) but i can still go to it on google. everything loads fine and looks like its working the exact same, but the songs dont load! i know it would take a while for them to load bfore, but now they dont load at all (i waited for 20 minutes and nothing happend) it just shows the loading bar over-full and stays like that. did you guys take it down or something? im really confused and im sure alot of other people are lol
Old 12-22-2010, 08:08 PM   #2
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Netjet! Send a message via Skype™ to Netjet!
Default Re: FFR Resonance

Unfortunately, resonance is no longer being worked on and that is why it is hidden on the site. After the site came back up, the staff decided that only Spinitup and R1 were going to be worked on. MeTrivia, R2, and Resonance were taken off.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:09 PM   #3
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Netjet! Send a message via Skype™ to Netjet!

Removals
- The Simfile Database has been disabled and will not be brought back at any time in the future. We don’t have the time nor patience to deal with a huge DMCA liability. We are considering bringing it online in the future so that users can access their own files for archival.
- R2, MeTrivia, Yahtzee, and other various non-essential parts of the site have been removed since development on them has ceased.

Source: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/?p=1159
Old 12-22-2010, 10:59 PM   #4
jackdark316
FFR Player

well that's stupid...resonance was fine the way it was, and now there's a ****load of songs that nobody can play anymore! and most of the simfiles for stepmania are retardedly made and not even accurate...just when i thought that you people couldn't get any more stupid, i'm proven horribly wrong, yet again...good job morons, maybe next time you shouldn't try to "Fix" something that was working fine. if i get banned for this post i wont even care. now that resonance is gone, all thats left is FFR original and that one's got barely any decent songs on it, and is almost always lagged. thanks to whoever you are that ****ed around with the site, because FFR is dead to me now...pricks....
Old 12-22-2010, 11:01 PM   #5
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

wow
Old 12-22-2010, 11:01 PM   #6
Tailstail
FFR Player

Hey, if you want to pay for all of the court payments and pay all of the licensing fees and everything, that could bring your music back. Until then....

Stop being an idiotic child.

Just in case you missed it:

We don’t have the time nor patience to deal with a huge DMCA liability.

PS:
Adobe Stand Alone Flash Player 9 [FFR hates Flash 10, it's not the only flash-based thing that hates it either...]
Game Booster 2.1

Goodbye FFR lag.
The power of the king will make you lonely indeed. If you are prepared for that, then...

Last edited by Tailstail; 12-22-2010 at 11:03 PM..
Old 12-22-2010, 11:05 PM   #7
C@!
zןnɹ oןos
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to C@!

This kid obviously doesn't understand the legal troubles resonance can/would be in.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:12 PM   #8
jackdark316
FFR Player

licensing fees? that's bull, and you know it. the site admins just thought it was a lost cause even though it was probably more played than FFR1 just because there was always new songs to choose, and more recognized songs too. all you people are idiots. me along with hundreds, maybe even thousands of people waited for what was it, a year and a half or so? just to come back and see the 2 least popular games on this site are the only ones left. un f*cking believable
Old 12-22-2010, 11:12 PM   #9
Tailstail
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by C@! View Post
This kid obviously doesn't understand the legal troubles resonance would be in.
Shot in the dark with my fix.

Also because it bothers me:

Quote:
Uhm...what happened to resonance? i cant find it on the sight where it used to be (before ffr shut down for a while) but i can still go to it on google. everything loads fine and looks like its working the exact same, but the songs dont load! i know it would take a while for them to load bfore, but now they dont load at all (i waited for 20 minutes and nothing happend) it just shows the loading bar over-full and stays like that. did you guys take it down or something? im really confused and im sure alot of other people are lol
Who wants to play "How old is the kid"?

EDIT:

Oh wow...

Hey Jack. Ever seen this forum? Know what it's for? It's getting artist permission for songs. Why? To avoid possible legal issues.

Should I forward you an E-mail I got from Bassnectar? If I pay the licensing fee we can step some Bassnectar tracks for FFR. You want to pay out-of-pocket for it?
The power of the king will make you lonely indeed. If you are prepared for that, then...

Last edited by Tailstail; 12-22-2010 at 11:16 PM..
Old 12-22-2010, 11:14 PM   #10
jackdark316
FFR Player

Thumbs down Re: FFR Resonance

Quote:
Originally Posted by C@! View Post
This kid obviously doesn't understand the legal troubles resonance can/would be in.
not true.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:16 PM   #11
jackdark316
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailstail View Post
Shot in the dark with my fix.

Also because it bothers me:

Who wants to play "How old is the kid"?
go f*ck yourself
Old 12-22-2010, 11:16 PM   #12
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Well you clearly can't get a lot through to someone mired in this much ignorance. I would make a suggestion myself, but it'll go from one ear out the other.

However, you can't please everyone I suppose. Some people just want the final product, nothing more and nothing less. And a lot of those don't care whatever process is involved. It really IS a serious matter regarding legalities. We don't make that up.

In addition, the site's trying to be more community-oriented ever since it came back up - FFR is not a corporation anymore, so if anything, the site is more flexible and less about rules, lies, and slanders that big companies would stereotypically make.

So I'm being honest with you...we're not spewing crap and making excuses. Make do with the realities.

Last edited by bmah; 12-22-2010 at 11:19 PM..
Old 12-22-2010, 11:17 PM   #13
LoneW0lf
ʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ Bears ʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ
FFR Veteran

13, 14 at the most. If he's older than I just hate this ****ing generation. Not even intelligent to know about all the **** FFR could go through because of permission troubles.
Or it's just a really bad troll.

Either way, instead of complaining just go play Stepmania kid. It was way better than Resonance anyway.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:29 PM   #14
Tailstail
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdark316 View Post
go f*ck yourself
Maybe if I was a hermaphrodite I could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
Well you clearly can't get a lot through to someone mired in this much ignorance. I would make a suggestion myself, but it'll go from one ear out the other.

However, you can't please everyone I suppose. Some people just want the final product, nothing more and nothing less. And a lot of those don't care whatever process is involved. It really IS a serious matter regarding legalities. We don't make that up.

In addition, the site's trying to be more community-oriented ever since it came back up - FFR is not a corporation anymore, so if anything, the site is more flexible and less about rules, lies, and slanders that big companies would stereotypically make.

So I'm being honest with you...we're not spewing crap and making excuses. Make do with the realities.
x10 this

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneW0lf View Post
13, 14 at the most. If he's older than I just hate this ****ing generation. Not even intelligent to know about all the **** FFR could go through because of permission troubles.
Or it's just a really bad troll.

Either way, instead of complaining just go play Stepmania kid. It was way better than Resonance anyway.
13 highest is my guess. Funny is that he complains about bad music.

Maybe he should try stepping songs he likes? I mean.. last I checked SM allows you to do that. So long as he doesn't distribute he won't run into any issues either. Instead?

He's going to bitch and complain.

Closed Thread