Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-3-2011, 12:01 PM   #181
IAAW
FFR Player

Default Re: Maplestory v2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakish View Post
Sadly cleric's never have high damage output :s
Well, what with being pure INT and all, my damage has of course improved slightly. Of course, if I can get my hands on stuff like umbrellas and maple staffs that would help nicely.
IAAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2011, 02:26 PM   #182
BIGEZAY
The ShyGuy
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to BIGEZAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocobothief12 View Post
Well I would add everyone but I'm just dust lol. I'm usually the one mostly on all the time, so it would be better if I was doing the adding, since a few of the members get on and there's no one around to let them join.

edit:fire tusks are in the clock in new leaf city. i think they are 3 or 4 rooms in once you actually get to the 1st room with something to kill
well in the guild i dont think it matters who's what, since it's just a guild for us it's not like were the best guild in the server.

how do you get to new leaf city? the guy in the station said i needed 5000 messos but i have like 3mil and he's still not letting me go there, so yeah.
BIGEZAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2011, 03:34 PM   #183
IAAW
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGEZAY View Post
how do you get to new leaf city? the guy in the station said i needed 5000 messos but i have like 3mil and he's still not letting me go there, so yeah.
You buy a ticket from him, and then you enter the portal there and click the option "New Leaf City" from the prompt that appears. A little complicated but at least the ride is shorter than most rides.

Anyways, my internet has been strangely cooperating today. I got my cleric to level 40, finished the mushking empire quest, and have now finished maxing Heal. Now, to max Spell Mastery, then probably Invincible + MP Eater. Maybe Bless if I have enough SP before the 3rd job adv. Oh, and I'm going to need a maple lama staff in three levels. >_>
Old 02-3-2011, 05:59 PM   #184
BIGEZAY
The ShyGuy
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to BIGEZAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAAW View Post
You buy a ticket from him, and then you enter the portal there and click the option "New Leaf City" from the prompt that appears. A little complicated but at least the ride is shorter than most rides.

Anyways, my internet has been strangely cooperating today. I got my cleric to level 40, finished the mushking empire quest, and have now finished maxing Heal. Now, to max Spell Mastery, then probably Invincible + MP Eater. Maybe Bless if I have enough SP before the 3rd job adv. Oh, and I'm going to need a maple lama staff in three levels. >_>
he wont let me buy a ticket :[

what skills should i put on my battle mage since i think im doing this all wrong,
i want to make my guy hit crazy amounts of damage, and just beast him out
BIGEZAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2011, 07:17 PM   #185
IAAW
FFR Player

I wouldn't know, although I say I've been concentrating on maxing Quad Blow, Drain, and Staff Mastery (2nd job).

Managed to get my cleric to level 45 before my internet turned to crap again (which sucks because it's been fine for the entire day). Will probably stop training for now because healing is internet-reliant pretty much; it slows down when my internet's going slow. In short, imad. Damn internet. :/

EDIT: After turning in a bunch of envelopes and selling a GFA scroll, I was able to get enough funding to purchase a clean Nocturnal Staff. (Nocturnal Staffs are the same exact duplicate of Maple Lama Staffs, only black.)

I also scrolled it with a staff scroll since I had money on me at the time. Success.

Last edited by IAAW; 02-3-2011 at 08:44 PM..
Old 02-3-2011, 11:03 PM   #186
chocobothief12
Getting faster with time
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to chocobothief12

LOL I kinda feel like making random pscreenshots and adding them to the thread if i do or find something awesome. I can't believe I left my check in my room in a rush to get to work, although i was headed out 2 hours early. tried to break back into the house but it didnt work, so at least i can sleep better at night knowing neither can anyone else xD
chocobothief12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2011, 11:53 PM   #187
IAAW
FFR Player

Quote:
LOL I kinda feel like making random pscreenshots and adding them to the thread if i do or find something awesome. I can't believe I left my check in my room in a rush to get to work, although i was headed out 2 hours early. tried to break back into the house but it didnt work, so at least i can sleep better at night knowing neither can anyone else xD
That is why you double-check that you have everything before leaving the house. Nobody's perfect, though. I can be just as forgetful at times. :P

I'm debating on making an Aran... I've made so much progress on my Cleric that I want to kinda give a different class a spin, especially since Arans are basically the arcade-esque class. Wish my internet would start doing better... which it kinda is actually. (That and I'm out of character slots on Galicia. Ugh, I want infinity character slots. I guess I'll have to settle with creating on different worlds, which is what I've kinda been doing.)
Old 02-3-2011, 11:59 PM   #188
chocobothief12
Getting faster with time
FFR Veteran

Make your aran on demethos :P
also, arans are the 31 cause of carpal tunnel syndrome in ms since throughout their entire thing, all they do is spam ctrl and every now and then a directional button. all their other skills are buffs lol
Old 02-4-2011, 12:09 AM   #189
IAAW
FFR Player

My hands already hurt from getting my cleric from level 30 to level 48 in one day. That's a lot of work. >_>

I'll make my Aran on Demethos when I decide to do so.
Old 02-4-2011, 12:19 AM   #190
chocobothief12
Getting faster with time
FFR Veteran

Ya but the thing with arans is that unlike other classes where you can just hold down the attck button, with arans you constantly have to just tap and tap and tap. I never get sore training any class except them. 30 minutes and im like omg fk this character. also you need to quest for a majority of your skills and if you dont get one and lvl too fast, you miss out permanently. shouldnt be a problem for you though, but the quests are very tedious and some are long enough to warrant being their own 3rd job advance

edit: if you love backtracking for a single item just to backtrack again to do something new (kinda metroidish) then arans are for you lol
Old 02-4-2011, 12:24 AM   #191
IAAW
FFR Player

Quote:
if you love backtracking for a single item just to backtrack again to do something new (kinda metroidish) then arans are for you lol
As long as I don't have to deal with the Mushking Empire's problems a third time, I'll be okay. (Although I'm probably going to be solving the Mushking Empire's problems a third time anyway. Just because.)
Old 02-4-2011, 12:27 AM   #192
chocobothief12
Getting faster with time
FFR Veteran

Well if you come to demethos, then ill just follow you everywhere questin with you so that you can just get them all out of the way as fast as possible. that way you can focus on the more important stuff. Ill even help you get started if you want =)
Old 02-4-2011, 01:08 AM   #193
IAAW
FFR Player

I've pretty much already started. You'll probably be able to find me... roaming around, anyway. No seriously, guess. :P
Old 02-4-2011, 01:16 AM   #194
chocobothief12
Getting faster with time
FFR Veteran

LoL the only way id find you is if i knew where you were and if we were on the same channel. I doubt i can guess your new name since there are a ton of possibilites even if they are as you say "unoriginal"

edit: unless your name is REDNotAran XD
Old 02-4-2011, 01:48 AM   #195
IAAW
FFR Player

Heh, I'm starting to use my usual username, AKA IAAW. Usually with the usual extra letters due to repeats in name. I'm not on for right now (going to bed, see), but I'll be on tomorrow; the Aran class is kinda interesting to me. Maybe it's because the Aran class seemingly negates polearm speed despite how slow it may be. And, of course, I'm going pure STR since DEX is no longer a requirement to being a warrior. (Also the comboing bit is pretty sweet as well. I'm used to spamming attacks of course. Thanks clerichood!)

Also, as a note I usually reside within the very last channel of a world. Personal preference; I generally will change channels during training when a map I want to train in is occupied. Channel 1 only when buying/selling stuff inside the Free Market.
Old 02-4-2011, 02:09 AM   #196
chocobothief12
Getting faster with time
FFR Veteran

All righty then well tomorrow i'll be working my 4-11 shift again, so i wont be on most of the day, but i have saturday off so find me by then and ill help you out if you need anything.
Old 02-4-2011, 07:54 PM   #197
ffraxis
FFR Player

regular cleric > int cleric

most of the time you you can get more damage and with equips higher int and obviously better accuracy.

dexless sin however is a thing of beauty.
ffraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-4-2011, 09:45 PM   #198
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffraxis View Post

most of the time you you can get more damage and with equips higher int and obviously better accuracy.

potentially, however, regular dex sins can do more damage than dexless. But that's really hard to get to. I don't know about Lukless battle mages, though.
~kitty~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-4-2011, 11:06 PM   #199
IAAW
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffraxis View Post

I go pure INT because of preference and because it provides a bit of an extra challenge getting around the limitations. Also, accuracy is now based on your level =/= monster's level so accuracy from higher level equips really isn't required anymore.

But really it's just about preference.
Old 02-4-2011, 11:15 PM   #200
chocobothief12
Getting faster with time
FFR Veteran

Woot i have the next 2 days off and im going to grind like a crazy person since ill actually be here this time for the event. probably going to stop at the supermarket tomorrow and just pig out while i train. Also, if you can somehow get the 170 luck worth of equips, then a lukless battle mage with an elemental staff 7 or 8 would be a DPS god among mages and even some warriors. Heck even normal or low luk they are beast enough to keep up with other classes