Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-7-2012, 06:06 AM   #41
VisD
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Songs of the Week (October 6, 2012)

Case Closed is fantastic, and so is Aerospace (def not a 63 imo though lol, show me one that has similar patterns and density at its most intense...probably a 64 at least, maybe a 65.)

People have already railed on Jack the Ripper enough lol - I find Yoshl's files interesting: they're always very unique and 'out-there' compared to other stepfiles. Sometimes the experiments work very well and are memorable, sometimes they don't...and then they're also memorable, but not in a good way <:

VisD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2012, 09:53 AM   #42
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author

Aerospace is still meh, thought the same thing when I judged.
Sightread AAA'd Case Closed, was pleasantly surprised, it was pretty fun for a hip-hop song.
I'm surprised at the hate on G air, still one of my favorites, especially from bmah.
Jack-the-Ripper, I've seen worse, but around the middle, it seemed like the notes were a little early. Could have just been me or my computer, not sure.
Kind im Einschlummern was good, not much else to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alloyus View Post
Mfw End of Battle isn't what I thought
This.
Garden Party - Dance, level 38
ichliebekase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2012, 11:21 AM   #43
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

IMO, if you quit out of a song, then you can't ever make a proper review. Don't bother telling me your opinion if you won't even be willing to see the entire picture.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2012, 11:23 AM   #44
SK8R43
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Right, thats like drawing part of a picture and someone telling you it sucks without you even finishing it.. :P
Old 10-7-2012, 11:43 AM   #45
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

i quit out of the song well into it because i didn't find it fun, if the last 30 seconds were somehow amazing that wouldn't change anything for me lol

edit: o realize u were talking to hi19 lol, oh well my point for my quit out stays :P

Last edited by j-rodd123; 10-7-2012 at 11:56 AM..
j-rodd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2012, 11:45 AM   #46
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
To Make the End of Battle: I hope that at least after playing this nobody will complain about the 8th jump patterns in Reality, now that they've seen how bad it could have been.
Haha yeah, if people complained about mindblocking the 8th jumps in Reality this file would be a nightmare for them.
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2012, 11:59 AM   #47
bmah
shots FIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rodd123 View Post
i quit out of the song well into it because i didn't find it fun, if the last 30 seconds were somehow amazing that wouldn't change anything for me lol
Still more understandable than quitting out only a quarter way through. I have the same complaints when people try to review SM packs as well. Don't tell me you've "reviewed" it if you halt halfway or even earlier.
Old 10-7-2012, 02:11 PM   #48
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
IMO, if you quit out of a song, then you can't ever make a proper review. Don't bother telling me your opinion if you won't even be willing to see the entire picture.
Okay I played the whole file.

My review changes little:
I should have quit out after the massive (12)2(12)2 trill anchor because it ruined the flow of the file for me entirely. The fact you mirrored it near the ending is an additional slap in the face.
The middle slow section is fine but pretty boring considering the rest of the file. Overall it fits the song well but it's a tad long- nothing you could have done about that though really.
The jumpstream patterns are excellent in terms of not having long 8th anchors but you use too many 1-arrow transitions into 1-handed jumps (i.e. 1 4 (12) and patterns like that) which I don't find fun to hit on FFR. Overall the JS parts were pretty fun but I still won't bother to play again because the trill anchor difficulty spikes ruin my fun of trying to score on the file.

Honestly it changes little to know that the JS is acceptable when there's a giant turd in the middle. In fact I thought higher of the file before I learned said turd was mirrored at the end :/
You know my opinion on pattern-related difficulty spikes and this is no exception. Obviously some people enjoy it but this is my review and I don't like playing the file because of that section- no point in sugar coating that.

EDIT- Okay I'll elaborate on my opinion with difficulty spikes because maybe not everyone knows.
People remember files by a particular section. 99% of the time this is the hardest part of the file- nobody remembers much of For FFR except the ending rolls, nobody remembers much about Kanon-Kanon except the fast trill, etc. etc.
(12)2(12) anchors are the single most complained-about pattern in FFR as far as I can tell. Just look at all the widespread hate for Teh Tricky Techno and AIM Anthem.
When the "memorable part" of the file is difficult because of such a pattern, people's opinion of the file on as a whole tends to just boil down to that one pattern. So it IS totally fair to review a file based on one bad pattern, because that's all anyone is going to remember.
Sure if you like the file feel free to use the pattern (I mean obviously it got past the judges so some people don't mind, though I think it would be different if the judges actually reviewed files for FFR using the FFR engine *cough*) but you also have to be ready for tons of people to say they hate the pattern. Comes with the territory.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 10-7-2012 at 02:48 PM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2012, 05:12 PM   #49
bmah
shots FIRED

thank you for -fully- playing the file

Whether your opinion has changed or not, that doesn't matter to me.