Old 03-29-2007, 10:17 AM   #1
WarlockRox
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to WarlockRox Send a message via Yahoo to WarlockRox
Default "Pervert will glow in the dark"

Clicky for article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro.co.uk
A peeping tom has been ordered to wear a fluorescent jacket whenever he goes out at night, so he can be spotted by potential victims.

Stephen Cooper, 24, was caught creeping into a woman's garden and staring through a crack in her curtains.

The pervert, who gave his occupation to police as a 'diamond driller', was already on the sex offenders' register.

Cooper, of South Ockendon, Essex, pleaded guilty to voyeurism. A police spokesman said: 'This is an interim order but it will probably become permanent when he returns to court.'

He will be sentenced at Southend Crown Court on May 1.
Seriously, I don't think that he should have to wear the reflective jacket. Sure, he shouldn't be looking at people naked without them knowing, but what right do we have to say, "Ok, well, now you have to wear this dumb jacket at night."

Besides, if you're in your room changing or whatever with the windows open, aren't you kind of ASKING to be looked at? I know that when I was a kid, I was taught to always make sure the drapes were shut before I changed, and I'm pretty sure that most other people were taught the same thing.

Also, when I'm changing, I don't glance out the windows often searching for people wearing reflective clothing...I don't know about you guys...

I gave into the myspace trend. T.T
^ Link ^
WarlockRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:19 AM   #2
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734
Default Re: "Pervert will glow in the dark"

You should be able to do what you want in the privacy of your own home. People shouldn't be staring into your windows regardless. Don't be an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
JurseyRider734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:20 AM   #3
TheRapingDragon
A car crash mind
FFR Veteran

He peeped through a crack in the curtains, so it wasn't as if she was inviting him in.

Also, no, even if your curtains are open, you have the right to privacy and if a man or woman is standing outside your window staring at you then it is wrong of them.

Also, I don't know about you, but when I suddenly see a bright yellow glow from outside my window, I tend to wonder what it is, or try to close my curtain to block it out.

Also, the guy should wear the jacket. He is a sex offender, and he tries to sneak around. When wearing that he won't be able to sneak around, he will be seen by people not only in the house, but people across the road, people walking by. Hell, anyone nearby should be able to see a guy standing in a garden wearing a bright fluorescent jacket. So yes, it's a good thing.
TheRapingDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:42 AM   #4
-Fallen-
xqsite OG
FFR Veteran

I wonder how big her rack was..
Old 03-29-2007, 10:56 AM   #5
סּ_סּ
Banned

Send a message via AIM to סּ_סּ Send a message via MSN to סּ_סּ

Jesus christ i never knew roadworkers and police and cyclists and builders and etc etc etc were perverts
סּ_סּ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:08 AM   #6
JasonKey
FFR Underseer
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

"Stephen Cooper, 24, was caught creeping into a woman's garden and staring through a crack in her curtains. "

Criminal trespass for starters. Doing that for the sake of catching a peek compounds the crime.

In Texas years back, a teenager was shot through the door while trying to go in a back door of a house where he thought there was a Halloween party. Though obviously legally messy, the shooter was found justified as a result of the thought that they feared for their safety.

Some dude lurking in someone's garden, standing right outside the window is lucky to NOT get shot in some parts of the US.

He is LUCKY to have the opportunity to wear a jacket. Even in the UK, a pint bottle to the head is likely enough to put someone in a pine box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight View Post
I will be fix this. No worries. It happened during a version upgrade.
Cheers,
Synthlight
JasonKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:16 AM   #7
Chrissi
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Chrissi

How are they going to enforce this? I mean... they can't lock the jacket onto him. He has to be able to remove it, for cleaning purposes...
Old 03-29-2007, 11:23 AM   #8
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

He only has to wear it when he goes out at night. I imagine he wouldn't need to leave his house to take a shower.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Kilgamayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:25 AM   #9
Chrissi
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Chrissi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgamayan View Post
He only has to wear it when he goes out at night. I imagine he wouldn't need to leave his house to take a shower.
But what I'm saying is, how will they enforce that? Who's watching him go out at night?
Old 03-29-2007, 11:29 AM   #10
inflames07
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to inflames07

Wouldn't that be considered a "Cruel and unusual punishment"? I personally think that is a violation of his rights. He was wrong on his part don't get me wrong, but I think that making him wear that is idiotic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewpinthethird View Post
Sex kills time and it's free.

Instead of taking her out to a movie and buying her popcorn, bend her over the arm of a couch. It's very economical. Just make sure you are using the proper protection, because then it can become VERY, VERY GOD DAMN UNECONOMICAL if she pops a baby 9 months down the road.
inflames07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:29 AM   #11
JasonKey
FFR Underseer
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

consequences are likely the intent of enforcement.

found outside without the jacket would mean imprisonment .. though the UK isn't as "severe" as some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight View Post
I will be fix this. No worries. It happened during a version upgrade.
Cheers,
Synthlight
JasonKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:53 AM   #12
nestlekwik
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to nestlekwik

Maybe it's a house arrest type thing where they know when he leaves the house and if he's caught not wearing the jacket, he gets busted.

But it's similar to the DUI plates we've had for about five years now. If you reside in Ohio and get busted for DUI, your registered vehicles then have to have yellow license plates with red print so other people can see you've been convicted of it.

It's something that some people favor and something that other people have a huge problem with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar
Naruto Vs Math Class. That has got to be the funniest choice you'll ever make in your life dude.
nestlekwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:28 PM   #13
סּ_סּ
Banned

Send a message via AIM to סּ_סּ Send a message via MSN to סּ_סּ

he proberly has an ankle tag with it so the police can monitor his going outside times.
סּ_סּ is offline   Reply With Quote