Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 10:51 AM   #1
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18
Default TWG X - DAY 6 - CYPHER DECIPHERD - HUMANS WIN

Night 1 - Not in Our Quiet Little Town

Now here in this little Italian village not even 5 miles from Naples lies a very small, tightknit community. They in Angiono have always been sufficient by fishing off the Tyrrhenian Sea and selling it in the big city of Naples. One day however, a letter was found in the middle of town square. It was a listing of the 17 members of the Town Council. The letter demanded that Angiono concede 80 % of their fishing earnings or else the town council will slowly die off one by one. The note was signed simply at the bottom with Don Mafioso. The Council quickly met in a closed door meeting to discuss what, if anything should be done in response to this threat. They decided then and there to pay no heed to this supposed threat because 80 % of their earnings would surely kill them all anyways, and to just go on with their daily lives, but not one member on the council slept soundly that night....

The Members of the Town Council are
Afro
Alain
Aperson
Cypher
EB
Eyespew
Guido
Hans
Jurs
Kefit
Kilga
Matt4444
Mead
Roopert
Stretchy
TPS
Whorli

PM's are going out now. They will be 1 word PM's and will say
HUMAN,PSYCHIC,MASON,SEER,WOLF,DEVIL,GUARDIAN

It is now night 1, I need Choices from Seer,Wolf,Devil, and Guardian.
Good Luck Everyone.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:29 PM   #2
blahblah18
FFR Player

Default RE: TWG X - An Offer Refused - Night 1

The next morning the town council reconvened to continue the discussion about how best to remedy their current problem, however, after waiting 15 minutes, StretchyPanda was still not in attendance. The council decided to go to her house. As they approached to enter, they saw that the door was already unlocked. calling out to her yielded no response, so the townspeople searched every room. And in her bed, there she was, stabbed in the chest, with a note through the knife that only said "That was the first--- Don Mafioso" After close examination of the house, they saw there was absolutely no sign of any forced entry in any way. As the council pondered this mystery, someone stepped up and said, "It must be one of us, we are the only ones with keys to all the houses in the village" There was an initial outrage, but after much heated discussion, it was concluded that this indeed must have been the case. So the decision of the council became that they must stop any detracting forces from within the council before they all wound up dead. So now council, it is upon your shoulders. Weed out the members within you that are working for the Don and bring them to swift justice.

You ahve 48 hours to make your decision and this will lock at 11:59 EST (NOT FFR) time Tuesday night.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:34 PM   #3
blahblah18
FFR Player

By the way, for all the people that didn't really read my campaign speech.
The Devil is a character that is human, but works for the wolves. Devil wins if wolves win, humans do NOT need to kill devil to win. Devil looks at a person each night and I tell them their role. If the seer sees the devil, he comes up human. I think that's about it. Ask me if there are any more misunderstandings or confusions.

Old 01-30-2005, 09:37 PM   #4
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

you BASTARDS! Her death will not go unavenged...

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:40 PM   #5
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Argh, time for that part of the game we all hate: Day 1. And now, I'll ask the question I always ask: why stretchy? I know she has "connections" with Guido, and from the chat she seems to be friends with Jurs. Of course, it's usually not about connections, even though I always ask that.

Oh, speaking of chat: aim:gochat?roomname=TWG+X Come and join. Interesting things get said.

And yeah, to you new people: don't vote right away. That's bad for the humans. Refrain from voting so discussion can go on and wolves can be found. I dunno about these two newbies' TWG experience, so I figured I'd just give a word of advice.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 01-30-2005, 09:42 PM   #6
whorlichan
Tiny Plastic Meat

Send a message via AIM to whorlichan

First thoughts: Stretchy is SMART. But unlikely to be guardianed with some more advanced players in the lot. She's like Roopert was in an earlier game: A good kill for the wolves, because it's hard for us to gather much information from her death.

Suspecting Guido is pointless; he's much too intelligent to go after his own girlfriend night 1. I wish the wolves weren't so smart, I would have liked to have an easy vote on day 1.
My friend Cassie's amazing photography
Old 01-30-2005, 09:54 PM   #7
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda

>O!!!

I'm going to assume I died because of what Whorli said -- that I'm smart, and not just because the wolves were like, "OMG THIS WILL MAKE HER BOYFRIEND LOOK SUSPICIOUS."

Sigh. Have fun. =(

EDIT (because it has to be done):
Blah (12:26:34 AM): heh
Blah (12:26:44 AM): i assigned no wolves
Blah (12:26:48 AM): i felt like killing you

OMG I SOLVED THE MYSTERY.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:05 PM   #8
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by whorlichan
Suspecting Guido is pointless
That's what I was thinking, but there's also Jurs. Plus, I was hoping maybe a stupid wolf newb would come along and claim Guido did it so we'd have somebody to vote for, which is why I didn't say that earlier.

And stretchy, we all know you're smart. Especially when you're a wolf with alain. Oh that was a good game.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 01-30-2005, 10:58 PM   #9
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

I can't believe that either one dumb wolf would be able to make that move with the consent of two other veteran wolves or that there are three dumb moves.

Looking at this from a wolf's perspective, killing stretchy and trying to pin it on me would be far too wasteful. Getting me lynched wouldn't (well, shouldn't) work, so why waste the free kill?

The only person who I can see having an actual interest in killing her is alain, simply because they worked closely and she might be able to figure him out, but as of right now that's no reason to vote for him. I stay voteless.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:32 PM   #10
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

To further emphasize the point

We all remember what happened when Kefit was killed Night 1 and everyone said "omg kilga did it", right?

Yeah that worked out SO GREAT FOR THE HUMANS
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:32 AM   #11
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Hehe, yeah guido, I wolfed stretch so that you couldn't talk to her for the remainder of the game, meanwhile I can rack up the brownie points Yep yep, well blah said that he would redo the roles if anything was unfair, so we can be certain that there is at least one compitent person on the wolf team, and not three fools. This being said I think we can assume that the strategy used was to wolf someone not connected to any of the wolves. Stretch is linked to a few people, but probably not one of them are wolves. It would obviously be foolish to vote guido, because that would be TOO obvious. I think by the same logic, you can remove any idea that my connections with stretch place me under suspicion for this wolfing. This is just the type of subltle misleading that the wolves will have planned. If we're looking for someone to put near the top of the list, I would say that it would exclude anyone that can be obviously connected to this kill. Unless, of course, you beleive in double reverse psychology...
Old 01-31-2005, 03:49 AM   #12
alainbryden
Seen your member

I wanted to add a seperate thought. The general trend is that one of the more obsessive players (Tass, me, blah, eb) attempt to pursue everyone to come to them with information and form the alliance. I realise after the past few games that this is the most effective strategy for the player in question, but not for the team. I believe that the alliance should be formed by the seer. This is the best strategy for the seer. Keep seeing people, but never tell that you are seer until the following happens: Each time you see someone and they come back human, ask them their role, but don't say yours. If you see two people, and both admit to being masons and can vouch for eachother, then you can tell them that you are the seer and begin the alliance with the three masons. This ensures that the seer will not be tricked into giving himself away to the devil (the somewhat master wolf in this game.) If you follow that plan, you run no risk of the name of the seer falling into the wrong hands, short of the devil by change viewing the seer. Hopefully by the time this happens the seer will already be established.

There is also another interesting strategy, and if the seer sees me and generally trusts me at some point in the game, as well as knows the masons, it is a great strategy that combines the power of the four to practically guarantee the humans a subsequenly swift win. I will say more on aim if given the opportunity.

If odds play out fairly, the seer should be able to be in alliance with the masons by the end of the third night.

There are 16 players left in this game, 12 humans. I'm going to assume that the wolves win when 3 humans remain, not four, because the devil doesn't count as a wolf in terms of killing. This means that the game can last a minimum of 5 nights and a maximum of 8 I belive. By the fourth night, let alone the fifth, it is almost guaranteed that the seer is in with the masons, unless an unlucky wolfing got the seer by random by then. If my strategy were then implemented and successful, it would be easy to take out a wolf each night after that without fear of missing one. I'm hoping this one is in the bag. Have a good day everyone.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:01 AM   #13
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to mead1 Send a message via Skype™ to mead1

^ What you said is a very good point. But also something that should be pointed out: This is TWG X. The 10th one. I think by this point the wolves have gotten a bit smarter than to use the same patterns that they are expected to use. Perhaps stretchy's relations were just obvious enough to be overlooked by us. This is pure speculation, but as of now I am not ruling Guido or Alain out.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:39 AM   #14
alainbryden
Seen your member

Well of course I'm not ruling anyone out, that's just silly. I'm pretty sure what I brought up was a new level of strategy, as I try to outdo the thinking of each previous game. I'm just saying there are some things a wolf never does and setting themselves up by voting their girlfriend is pretty much something a wolf never does. Analysing connections are always the most popular passtime of TWG players directly after the day 1 lynch, because there's nothing else to go on, so the wolves don't have much choice of strategy with which to play either on this first night; they try to vote someone sure not to be guarded, someone with no connection to any of the members, and if possible, someone with misleading connections to other players. It's always been the same.

I'm interested as to how the poor wolves will ever know if they accidentally wolf their devil at one point :P

On a side note, I'm betting that after last game, many of us will be less quick to form our usual non-chalant personal alliances with other players. I know I had a reality check after Blah has taken the skill of friendship trickery to a new level after last game, and it's why I think we need to take a more cautious approach to forming alliances, especially the main one, as stated above.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:35 AM   #15
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to mead1 Send a message via Skype™ to mead1

Strange...

Your second post didn't show up while I was typing up mine...

I was responding to the first post.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:47 AM   #16
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchypanda
EDIT (because it has to be done):
Blah (12:26:34 AM): heh
Blah (12:26:44 AM): i assigned no wolves
Blah (12:26:48 AM): i felt like killing you

OMG I SOLVED THE MYSTERY.

Oh. Well that was easy.

Anyways. On to the topic at hand. Of course, pinning a wolf right now is damn near impossible, so we'll have to wait a bit until everybody posts, and then go from there. Alain, you have good ideas. They should work out pretty well(if all goes as planned, of course). But I really don't have too much to say right now, so I'm going to stop before I start rambling.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:53 AM   #17
Matthew4444
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Matthew4444

While I hate to make accusations so early in the game, I suspect evilbutterfly to be a wolf. This is based on a short AIM conversation I had with him. In the main chat, I made a comment about "I'm gonna go now, but not because I'm sending PMs to blah" (or something like that). EB then contacted me in a separate window about how I should be more careful. He also casually asked if I had a special role. While this didn't seem suspicious at first, I soon realized that it was usually only wolves who got so friendly so early without being certain of roles. So basically, I'm paranoid because someone tried to get me to trust them.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:57 AM   #18
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

I doubt the wolves would kill stretchy and try and get people to link her to guido, that's just too obvious, unless they are trying some of alain's triple reverse pyschology stuff. I was in the chat for a while, but most of the chat was just bs'ing around, and really was pointless, though i did see some relations with jurs and stretchy. Right now, i'm going to put a random vote out. Yay for generators. Roopert
Old 01-31-2005, 11:39 AM   #19
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

Me and Pander are close because I <3 her, so suspecting me at this point would be a little irrational on your part, buttfly. Anyways, the only person that seemed sketchy to me in the TWG X aim chat was Matt, but I do not have enough conclusive evidence to make a vote just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:55 AM   #20
eyespewgreekfire
FFR Player

There really is not much to go on at this point, which everyone has said. I agree with what everyone has said so far about alliance strategy. However, one should be wary of any seer that comes, since it could be the devil. I would say that the seer should find a mason, and then vote in proxy for whoever that mason wants, after giving the mason all seer data. I see nobody suspicious at all as of yet. A noob at this point could go after guido, jursey, or alain, but I believe that they each have a average chance of being human as of now. One thing which I think will help people out in this game is to list all the people that do not post during the previous day. On day 2 (if there are any) I'll post a list of everyone with no posts, if people would be intersted by this.

Closed Thread