Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Other Music Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2009, 09:06 PM   #41
xealix
One Among The Fence
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to xealix
Default Re: DJ Hero

Got it today and it is fun. The only thing that makes it is that you cant fail. at least i haven't found a way to do that so far. Rofl oh well. Still i think the game is hard to do well on, but easy to play after you get used to it, and as i said before it definitely beats american IIDX.

I will use musical lyrics for my siggy.
"In the cradle we are helpless, but on our feet we are fatal" - The Dear Hunter
xealix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 01:20 PM   #42
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfreak04 View Post
Played it today, game is easy as hell on Hard, since it was a demo I couldn't try expert. But I can assume the game is easy even on expert.
Nope

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9m4Woo_N2M&NR=1
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2009, 03:06 AM   #43
xealix
One Among The Fence
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to xealix

Not easy at all eric. You need to take into consideration that the demo probably only had easy songs on it as well.

Benny Benassi vs. Tiesto.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2XQGPu6vjA

Scratch Perverts- Beats and Pieces
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLhikuZDJ30

I will use musical lyrics for my siggy.
"In the cradle we are helpless, but on our feet we are fatal" - The Dear Hunter
xealix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2009, 07:32 PM   #44
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

Just 4 star'd Beat Juggle.
OneHandNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2009, 07:35 PM   #45
t-rogdor
tane orb
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to t-rogdor

You best be playin' Expert n***a'.

Also: I have 89 of the 93 tracks in game in iTunes right now. It was an awful decision for Activision to not make an OST available to the public :\
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.
t-rogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2009, 07:42 PM   #46
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

I'm playing Expert.

4 Star is giving me f**king hand spasms... Q_Q

I should stop playing DJ Hero lmao
I haven't been on FFR cause of DJ Hero :O
Old 11-1-2009, 07:48 PM   #47
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xealix View Post
Not easy at all eric. You need to take into consideration that the demo probably only had easy songs on it as well.

Benny Benassi vs. Tiesto.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2XQGPu6vjA

Scratch Perverts- Beats and Pieces
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLhikuZDJ30
The first song doesn't seem hard at all, the running man can easily be over come, especially if you play solo on stepmania.

Second song may be hard, but that's just for reading capability, if you can read it, you can pass it with ease. Note that I'm going based off the gameplay itself, if one of my friends had the game, I would try it in a heartbeat. And the game hasn't been out for a long time, and people are doing fairly well on really hard songs?Hmm....
Old 11-1-2009, 07:51 PM   #48
t-rogdor
tane orb

Quote:
The first song doesn't seem hard at all, the running man can easily be over come, especially if you play solo on stepmania.

Second song may be hard, but that's just for reading capability, if you can read it, you can pass it with ease. Note that I'm going based off the gameplay itself, if one of my friends had the game, I would try it in a heartbeat. And the game hasn't been out for a long time, and people are doing fairly well on really hard songs?Hmm....
DLC, /thread

Also, OneHand, are you playing on PS3 or Xbox? If you're on PS3 we should play eachother some time.
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.
Old 11-1-2009, 07:57 PM   #49
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
DLC, /thread

Also, OneHand, are you playing on PS3 or Xbox? If you're on PS3 we should play eachother some time.
OHN is already playing expert lol, same thing.
Old 11-1-2009, 09:31 PM   #50
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

i have both x360 elite and ps3

BUT dj hero is for ps3

we really should play each other ehehehehe
Old 11-1-2009, 10:24 PM   #51
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

See, I'm thinking that once you learn how to play expert then the fun is over; at least with IIDX you can always go for that better score. I have always personely hated the way GH/RB kept scores and I much perferred Konami's method. Also, as with GH/RB, these songs look way too long and that doesnt do well for score based games.

I know people say this isnt for score, it's for fun and all...but I find high scores fun. I find shorter songs I can replay easily if I dont get that score fun. I find a setup like IIDX/DDR/DM more entertaining then that of RB/GH.

Still want to play it, but I really dont want to go out and spend the money for a game I know I will get bored of once I beat ever song =/

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2009, 11:02 PM   #52
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
See, I'm thinking that once you learn how to play expert then the fun is over; at least with IIDX you can always go for that better score. I have always personely hated the way GH/RB kept scores and I much perferred Konami's method. Also, as with GH/RB, these songs look way too long and that doesnt do well for score based games.

I know people say this isnt for score, it's for fun and all...but I find high scores fun. I find shorter songs I can replay easily if I dont get that score fun. I find a setup like IIDX/DDR/DM more entertaining then that of RB/GH.

Still want to play it, but I really dont want to go out and spend the money for a game I know I will get bored of once I beat ever song =/
Exactly what I mean, DJ Hero is not that hard to begin with. You guys are showing me video's of all these hard songs, but in reality, they probably aren't that hard at all. I'm sure my 14 year old brother can do quite well on expert right when he buys the game. He did that with Guitar Hero and Rock Band lol. And he doesn't play any instruments. >.>
Old 11-2-2009, 01:33 AM   #53
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

you guys don't get it lol
dj hero/gh
and
itg/ddr/sm are completely different things, as they are geared towards different audiences/demographics

trust me, dj hero expert is NOT as easy as you think lmao
its not like, 332305 people are already like, FCing the expert songs, not at all
4 star = not fc, not even NEAR fc lmao

$15 that nobody will fc beat juggle for 1 month +
Old 11-2-2009, 01:46 AM   #54
Dr Tran
Banned

Quote:
]He did that with Guitar Hero and Rock Band lol. And he doesn't play any instruments. >.>
because knowing how to play an instrument gives you an advantage playing these games right rofl
Dr Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-2-2009, 07:12 AM   #55
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tran View Post
because knowing how to play an instrument gives you an advantage playing these games right rofl
Yeah it does actually. If you play guitar really well, would the concept of Guitar Hero or Rock Band seem easier? I think so, since my step sisters friend was in a metal band, and he FC'ed the expert songs easily because he plays guitar on a regular basis, so yeah playing instruments does help.
Old 11-2-2009, 05:00 PM   #56
t-rogdor
tane orb

Just thinking about it, Disconnected Hardkore would be fucin awesome on DJ Hero.
Old 11-2-2009, 05:25 PM   #57
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
Just thinking about it, Disconnected Hardkore would be fucin awesome on DJ Hero.
What song would you mix with it though? Or are you just going to play that song alone?
Old 11-2-2009, 05:26 PM   #58
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post

Okay after the first 2 people saying this I thought meh. But after hearing so many of you whine about something that isn't right in the first place, it's pretty annoying.

The game is aimed at people who want to have fun. Yes. The game is aimed at people who want to pick up and jam. Yes. The game is aimed at those who want to compete and get high scores? YES!

Jesus how do you not get it. The game on expert is pretty hard. Really hard. Go FC Nosia and come back to me and say it's easy. The game is score based. That's how you are ranked. That's how you earn stars. That's how you play the game, it's a rhythm game based on a DJ concept in which you have to get the best score. The game isn't just about having fun. It's merely simple to have fun. It's a pick up and play game if you need it to be but it's also a challenge if you get into it.

Hated the way they kept score? You mean by....score? What? In like every rhythm game you aim to get the highscore. IIDX or DDR have points for how well you hit the notes on time, and RB and GH don't have that yeah, but it counts towards a score. So the overall difference is stupid, there is none.

If you find aiming for the highscore fun THEN PLAY THE GAME THAT WAY. It doesn't have an issue as a score based game, guess what the biggest competitive music game is now? Yeah, GH and RB. It's taken over. Because it works as a score based game.

Quote:
Exactly what I mean, DJ Hero is not that hard to begin with. You guys are showing me video's of all these hard songs, but in reality, they probably aren't that hard at all. I'm sure my 14 year old brother can do quite well on expert right when he buys the game. He did that with Guitar Hero and Rock Band lol. And he doesn't play any instruments. >.>
Prove it. You've moaned about the game being so easy so go ahead and prove me wrong. I want to see your 14 year old brother GS one of the hardest songs mentioned in this thread.

Quote:
Yeah it does actually. If you play guitar really well, would the concept of Guitar Hero or Rock Band seem easier? I think so, since my step sisters friend was in a metal band, and he FC'ed the expert songs easily because he plays guitar on a regular basis, so yeah playing instruments does help.
Umm no. No it doesn't. Slash, the Guitar legend speaks (in guitar hero) about how he found it amusing he has a guitar god status but still gets beaten by his 8 year old children at guitar hero.

Real guitar is almost nothing like GH or RB. You extremely loosely simulate playing guitar. In the way of holding a guitar shaped controller. The buttons are nothing like real frets. The chords are nothing like real chords. Strumming is nothing like real strumming. You don't even strum, you flick a bar up and down. You don't read a song chart like you read guitar tabs. I could go on for hours about how Guitar hero is nothing like real guitar.

Last edited by SethSquall; 11-2-2009 at 05:30 PM..
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-2-2009, 05:31 PM   #59
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethSquall View Post
Okay after the first 2 people saying this I thought meh. But after hearing so many of you whine about something that isn't right in the first place, it's pretty annoying.

The game is aimed at people who want to have fun. Yes. The game is aimed at people who want to pick up and jam. Yes. The game is aimed at those who want to compete and get high scores? YES!

Jesus how do you not get it. The game on expert is pretty hard. Really hard. Go FC Nosia and come back to me and say it's easy. The game is score based. That's how you are ranked. That's how you earn stars. That's how you play the game, it's a rhythm game based on a DJ concept in which you have to get the best score. The game isn't just about having fun. It's merely simple to have fun. It's a pick up and play game if you need it to be but it's also a challenge if you get into it.

Hated the way they kept score? You mean by....score? What? In like every rhythm game you aim to get the highscore. IIDX or DDR have points for how well you hit the notes on time, and RB and GH don't have that yeah, but it counts towards a score. So the overall difference is stupid, there is none.

If you find aiming for the highscore fun THEN PLAY THE GAME THAT WAY. It doesn't have an issue as a score based game, guess what the biggest competitive music game is now? Yeah, GH and RB. It's taken over. Because it works as a score based game.

Prove it. You've moaned about the game being so easy so go ahead and prove me wrong. I want to see you're 14 year old brother GS one of the hardest songs mentioned in this thread.

Umm no. No it doesn't. Slash, the Guitar legend speaks (in guitar hero) about how he found it amusing he has a guitar god status but still gets beaten by his 8 year old children at guitar hero.

Real guitar is almost nothing like GH or RB. You extremely loosely simulate playing guitar. In the way of holding a guitar shaped instrument. The buttons are nothing like real frets. The chords are nothing like real chords. Strumming is nothing like real strumming. You don't even strum, you flick a bar up and down. You don't read a song chart like you read guitar tabs.
Okay, if my brother gets the game, I will, if he doesn't oh well.

Then I don't see how my step sisters friend FC'd experts songs when he never had the game, and he doesn't play rhythm games at all, so on how he did that beats me. Because that is not by ****ing luck I can tell you that much.
Old 11-2-2009, 06:14 PM   #60
t-rogdor
tane orb

Quote:
What song would you mix with it though? Or are you just going to play that song alone?
You could mix it with another disconnected :\