Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-7-2007, 07:59 PM   #141
DigitalS3r4ph
I'm Tsuka
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to DigitalS3r4ph Send a message via MSN to DigitalS3r4ph
Default Re: Spider-Man 3

Lack of "WE ARE VENOM" etc

also why da fuk did venom need sandman's help, and how da hell did he know sandman had daughter trouble.

PM me if you find the secret.
DigitalS3r4ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-7-2007, 08:03 PM   #142
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

I think it would be cool if, in the next movie, Kraven comes to hunt the Lizard, becomes fixated on Spider-man, captures him, then he kills himself.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-7-2007, 08:03 PM   #143
Tenniswrestler
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

dont hate on spiderman-3. such a good movie!
Old 05-7-2007, 09:22 PM   #144
Sh4d0wRe4p3r666
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by super kid View Post
They have to have a venom and carnage movie. The venom saga was the best in the cartoon except they probably won't have iron man or warmachine in it that would be so cool.
What's up super kid? I copied your sig. Spider-Man 3 was a good movie
I just can't believe Harry had to die because of Venom.
Sh4d0wRe4p3r666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-7-2007, 09:31 PM   #145
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

Seriously, how can you people defend such a lackluster movie?

Chris, if you think that the main focus of the movie was Peter's descent into revenge, then you really must have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

VENOM.

VENOM.

VENOM.

VENOM.

VENOM.

Venom is the MAIN REASON people want to come out and see Spiderman 3. He is probably the most well known of Spiderman's enemies and one of the most exciting. Venom is to Spiderman what Joker is to Batman.
Old 05-7-2007, 09:40 PM   #146
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds View Post
Well, the studios have confimed not one, not two, but three additional Spiderman movies. They have yet to confirm Sam Raimi or Tobey Maguire - here's hoping they DON'T give the franchise to Schumacher... Look at what he did to Batman.
They're not seriously thinking of doing that, are they?

You know, I was thinking about it, and I was a bit surprised that Kevin Smith didn't get involved in the Spider-man movies. In hindsight, I would have expected him to direct if I had really thought about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds View Post
Oded Fehr was contacted (he was in The Mummy and Resident Evil: Apocalypse) to play Kraven the Hunter, but they didn't use him for the 3rd film. If they did a fourth, there's a good chance it would involve him.
Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo***

Oh, and regarding differences between costumes:

Spider-man suit: In the comic, it's the same as the Venom suit minus crazy mouth and eyes. In the movies, it is identical to the regular red suit, with a slightly changed spider symbol. As for Venom, he is RELATIVELY accurate. The spider on his chest is correct, although it is not the right color. The eyes and mouth are quite accurate. The only things which are noticeably changed are: lack of white patches on the backside of hand (Spider-man doesn't need the suit to produce webbing so those patches wouldn't make sense), and an added design which is similar to the raised webbing on Spider-man's costume. Also, I suppose it's worth mentioning that Venom's web is black, but given the fact that the black suit doesn't produce webbing for Spider-man, it sort of makes sense when it has to improvise when it moves to Brock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by some black guy
Venom is the MAIN REASON people want to come out and see Spiderman 3. He is probably the most well known of Spiderman's enemies and one of the most exciting. Venom is to Spiderman what Joker is to Batman.
No. Just because something is the main reason a person goes to see a movie doesn't mean that it has to be prominent in the film. He is NOT one of the most well known of Spider-man's enemies. The only people who know who Venom is are people who watched the 90s cartoon show and people who are/were into the comics. One of the most exciting, maybe, but I'd say that Carnage is more impressive in reality, due to his 100% homicidal insanity. And finally, Venom is not to Spider-man what Joker is to Batman. The Green Goblin is to Spider-man as the Joker is to Batman. Do some research and you'll find I'm right.
Old 05-7-2007, 10:39 PM   #147
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

Oh what, Green Goblin kills off Gwen Stacy so now he's more to Spiderman like Joker (or Joe Cool if you want it that way) killed Bruce's parents?

GG.

If you were to ask some random person on the street who is the first villain that comes to mind when you say Spiderman, 90% chance you'll get Venom. You might get Hobgoblin or some other villain, but I doubt many people synonymously(sp?) think Green Goblin when they hear Spiderman. Also, the last time I checked, people didn't go to a superhero movie for deep character development (or lack thereof). If Venom was portrayed correctly in this film, not only would the fight scenes be more brutal and action-packed, it might have covered up the rest of the failures in this movie.
Old 05-8-2007, 12:17 AM   #148
Eyoshi
Certified Calendarwhore
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Eyoshi Send a message via Skype™ to Eyoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specforces View Post
The movie was garbage. It was hilarious at the most inappropriate times.
When I went to the theater to watch the movie on Sunday, the entire audience cracked up at the scene when Mary Jane rejected Parker's marriage proposal.

The movie would have been much better if the director didn't add so much comedy fluff that felt forced in. I was sure that the comedy scenes took up maybe one-third of the movie, give or take.

At least up to when he did his lame dances, asshole Peter was pretty fun to see. I actually watching enjoyed each character acting like a jerk.

Last edited by Eyoshi; 05-8-2007 at 12:20 AM..
Eyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-8-2007, 04:01 AM   #149
TheRapingDragon
A car crash mind
FFR Veteran

I saw it yesterday. Very hit and miss compared to the first two.

Good points:

- The final fight scene.
- Venom

Bad Points:

- Not enough venom
- The rest of the fight scenes were nigh unwatchable
- Too much dramama
- Pelvic thrusting Peter.

Still liked the 2nd one the best.
TheRapingDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-8-2007, 04:22 AM   #150
Afrombean
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromer View Post
If you were to ask some random person on the street who is the first villain that comes to mind when you say Spiderman, 90% chance you'll get Venom. You might get Hobgoblin or some other villain, but I doubt many people synonymously(sp?) think Green Goblin when they hear Spiderman. Also, the last time I checked, people didn't go to a superhero movie for deep character development (or lack thereof). If Venom was portrayed correctly in this film, not only would the fight scenes be more brutal and action-packed, it might have covered up the rest of the failures in this movie.
Did you know that 23% of people make up statistics? It's true!

In all reality, the people who would even be able to NAME A REAL VILLAIN from Spider-man when asked that question would probably be much less than 90% of the population. Of those who would be able to answer, they'd mostly probably only be able to name villains who have appeared in movies. Also notice that Venom is never actually referred to as Venom within the movie, even though it would be very easy for them to have thrown in a "WE ARE VENOM". If an average person was asked who Spider-man's arch nemesis was, the response would probably be Green Goblin or Doc Ock. The allusion you make there to Gwen Stacy being the same as Batman's parents isn't really realistic... according to the recent movie, that would make Sandman Spider-man's arch nemesis (and obviously this isn't true, both for Spider-man/his Uncle's killer and for Batman/Joe Chill or, in the case of the first film, The Joker). The reason why Green Goblin is Spider-man's arch nemesis is a lot deeper than "he killed Gwen Stacy" because in reality, Gwen Stacy is not killed in this way in most of the continuities. Why is Joker Batman's arch nemesis? Is it because he killed Jason Todd? Is it because in the movie he killed Bruce's parents? Things run a lot deeper than that.

And once again, the only people who know about Venom by name are people who watched the 90s cartoon, those who were/are into the comics, or people who have a close relationship with a person like that and have heard about Venom secondhand. Just because you know of Venom for whatever reason and you feel that he's the best villain doesn't make him Spider-man's arch nemesis. You seem to feel you know quite a bit about Venom. Did you know that he and Spider-man team up to defeat Carnage? Did you know that Venom actually identifies himself as a hero and a defender of the innocent?

And Mr. Dragon, I thought the rest of the fight scenes were very good. The ones with Peter and Harry ended up quite good, even if I didn't like the idea of Peter swinging around without even wearing a mask. You'd think he would have thought to himself "yeah, Harry's right on my tale, but I don't want anyone to know who I am... I should probably at least pull out the mask and put it on, or at least make a makeshift mask out of webbing". As for the drama... they might have overdone it a bit, but I'm satisfied with it.

And as for the cheesy dancing that everyone keeps commenting on: Would you really expect a nerdy college student to be a good dancer? He did exactly what any nerdy kid would do if he thought he was a badass.
Afrombean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-8-2007, 02:53 PM   #151
Chief0678
FFR Player

Location: Planet Earth, beating up all of the Covenant forces
Send a message via Yahoo to Chief0678

Wondering.... isn't one villian enough, like in the other Spiderman movies? I think Venom should be enough already, why bother adding Sandman and Harry to the scene??
Chief0678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-8-2007, 05:32 PM   #152
cC@Zz
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief0678 View Post
bother adding Sandman and Harry to the scene??
Harry is important to the story. I think they could have done the movie with just Harry and Venom. I don't think they absolutly needed Sandman in it.
Old 05-8-2007, 06:41 PM   #153
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cC@Zz View Post
Harry is important to the story. I think they could have done the movie with just Harry and Venom. I don't think they absolutly needed Sandman in it.
Well, the thing is, they had to have Harry because of the events in the first and second film. Then, if they're going to use the symbiote suit, they needed Venom. Then again, when done correctly, neither Venom nor Goblin would have cut it as a primary villain... The only way Venom would work as a primary villain would be to have him appear early in the movie (which wouldn't work because then you'd have almost no time with symbiote Spidey) or...

What I would have liked would perhaps to have Venom not be a primary villain here and have him only be "born" in this film only to come back in the next one (although, this would mean that Spider-man 4 would have to happen within days of the end of Spider-man 3). If they had done this, they could have had just Sandman and Harry as a villain and have Peter remove the symbiote at the end, then immediately go off to beat Sandman. The movie would then obviously have to end with a teaser showing that Venom would return in the next film. This would also appease fans who were disappointed by the fact that Venom didn't get center stage, and it could also open up the possibility of Carnage coming along and having to have Venom team up with Spider-man, when he would have been fighting with Spider-man for the entire first half of the film prior to that.

That all said, I'm just gonna be hoping for Black Cat and Carnage for the next one, because there is no way that there won't be a next one at this point. Really, I'm mad that they had Gwen Stacy in this movie when Felicia Hardey would have worked just as well and would have set up for Black Cat in the future (even if they don't use it, sort of like how they have The Lizard and Manwolf, even though John Jameson didn't appear in 3).
Old 05-8-2007, 07:01 PM   #154
cC@Zz
FFR Player

Doesn't that one professor that Peter gives a piece of the symbiote to still have the symbiote piece at the end of the movie?
Old 05-8-2007, 07:07 PM   #155
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

Yes, and he's the Lizard from the comics and if he Lizard's out, then they have great story potential for Kraven the Hunter to come in.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-8-2007, 07:18 PM   #156
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cC@Zz View Post
Doesn't that one professor that Peter gives a piece of the symbiote to still have the symbiote piece at the end of the movie?
Presumably. It shows him dropping some sort of corrosive onto a sample, but one could guess that he wouldn't destroy every last bit of it he had. This would make it possible for Carnage to come along, even if it might be tough for them to manage getting that sample of the symbiote from Connor to the person who will be the host. The only problem is that Carnage would probably not be able to be as brutal in his killings, although it would be a step up from the 90s cartoon.

And Mal, you're right, but I really just don't like Kraven rofl.
Old 05-9-2007, 02:51 PM   #157
Chief0678
FFR Player

Well, having Carnage and Venom in another Spiderman movie would be great. The Lizard's also a good idea. I just wonder how the movie's REALLY gonna be if another comes out. (sigh). We'll find out in the future.
Old 05-9-2007, 06:23 PM   #158
Myst1278
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Myst1278

There will be spoilers in this reply

It seemed like Sandman only got in this movie for the 2v2 fight scene at the end (which, by the way, probably would have been more awesome if Spidey wasn't half-concentrating on MJ most of the time). Other than that, Sandman could have been left alone. (also, note, this is coming from someone who never read any of the comics). The whole 'emo-spidey' thing...yeah, ok, I can deal with that. But they took it a little...no, WAY too far with the whole 'ladies-man' approach. Rather than funny, it was just..awkward, really.

However, if you're a fan of the other 2, it's still a good one to see, because of the action scenes (however sparse as they may have been).
Myst1278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:58 AM   #159
BLACKHOPS
FFR Player

Cool Re: Spider-Man 3

I thought Spiderman 3 was awesome. And they said that spiderman 4 will come out in like either 2008 or 2009. They dont have an exact date on when though. so ya..
BLACKHOPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:54 PM   #160
Chief0678
FFR Player

Will spiderman 4 introduce Carnage or any other cool bad guys we know????