Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 11:22 PM   #361
ilikexd
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Atheism/Theism thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTrixX View Post
Let me ask you something. Are you close with your family? Mother, father, brothers, sisters?
Why do you get to ask me a question without you answering mine first?
Old 02-20-2013, 11:36 PM   #362
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
how bleak.
Nature can be cruel sometimes but that's just the way it is. Reality doesn't change just because we want it to.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:38 PM   #363
JJTrixX
Green & Gold ReflexKage
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
Why do you get to ask me a question without you answering mine first?
Fair enough. It's based on reincarnates response to my question, "What does "science" explain happens to you when you die?" Can you answer my question now please?

Last edited by JJTrixX; 02-20-2013 at 11:46 PM..
Old 02-20-2013, 11:39 PM   #364
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
You live a bleak life. You have nothing to look forward to, except death.
This is a pretty ridiculous thing to say
Old 02-20-2013, 11:47 PM   #365
ilikexd

Quote:
Fair enough. It's based on reincarnates response to my question, "What does "science" explain happens to you when you die?" Can you answer my question now please?
Heartbeat, breathing, and blood flow cease. Then brain cells die from lack of oxygen.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:49 PM   #366
JJTrixX
Green & Gold ReflexKage
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Heartbeat, breathing, and blood flow cease. Then brain cells die from lack of oxygen.
That's not the question i asked you. I asked you, "Are you close with your family? Mother, father, brothers, sisters?"
Old 02-20-2013, 11:57 PM   #367
ilikexd

Quote:
That's not the question i asked you. I asked you, "Are you close with your family? Mother, father, brothers, sisters?"
Yeah I just celebrated my birthday today with my family.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:01 AM   #368
JJTrixX
Green & Gold ReflexKage
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Yeah I just celebrated my birthday today with my family.
Great, Happy Birthday btw. Are your family members atheists?
Old 02-21-2013, 12:16 AM   #369
ilikexd

Quote:
Great, Happy Birthday btw. Are your family members atheists?
No.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:28 AM   #370
JJTrixX
Green & Gold ReflexKage
FFR Veteran

Quote:
No.
Why do you think that is?
Old 02-21-2013, 12:29 AM   #371
BahamutZER0
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Eternal life would be awful btw

Correct answer to the above: because their parents weren't either.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:44 AM   #372
ilikexd

Quote:
Why do you think that is?
I don't know.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:57 AM   #373
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

Jj continues yet again to support the laughable concept that life without god is a miserable life.

Whoever drilled that concept in your head, i feel pity for you. there is SO MUCH you can experience to be one with the universe, so many different scales of emotional intensities you can feel for other people, for yourself, and for the beauty of life in general, that god is not the only way to get to them. It's actually the worst way, designed for people who can't think for themselves, or have been carefully instructed not to. But i suppose that while i find your faith to be source of bigotry, misleading, deeply wrong and as a whole disgusting, you will never understand the heights a person can reach just with human mind's innate curiosity, exploring and discovering life and the universe. To you everything outside your little fairytale world is nonsense. I'd leave it a that, but if i can understand why you feel what you feel through faith, why can't you understand that someone could experience a similar feeling of "ascension" or even a stronger one through the simple pleasure of discover and being intimately connected to the world? I just want you to reply to this, if you can.

Last edited by Mollocephalus; 02-21-2013 at 02:00 AM..
Old 02-21-2013, 01:58 AM   #374
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

JJTrixX, why do you think The Bible is a credible source? You seem to cite it a lot.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:40 AM   #375
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
You live a bleak life. You have nothing to look forward to, except death.
I look forward to continuing my one life that I have. But as a religious person who believes in an after life as the ultimate goal you would be the one that has nothing to look forward to except death. Might as well kill yourself.

I wonder how many generations more until this virus is finally the minority. It has got to be dwindling fast, at least in 1st world countries with high tech communications systems.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:57 AM   #376
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Going to what Izzy said, religion does have a heavy focus on death. Looking forward to an afterlife with a currently terrible life situation? Go kill yourself, God will forgive you, and you go to heaven! It also doesn't help that extremists can glorify suicide/violence by saying God will compliment them for doing so. Or, always fear that you might accidentally commit a sin, and then get sent to hell when you die.

It also doesn't require a religion to figure out that there are certain essential rules needed for any group to survive. For example, a society cannot just have people murdering or everyone would just be afraid of each other. That leads to distrust and miscommunication, and no society would be able to exist under such pandemonium.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:53 AM   #377
star reaper
owning ffr since 08
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to star reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
Going to what Izzy said, religion does have a heavy focus on death. Looking forward to an afterlife with a currently terrible life situation? Go kill yourself, God will forgive you, and you go to heaven! It also doesn't help that extremists can glorify suicide/violence by saying God will compliment them for doing so. Or, always fear that you might accidentally commit a sin, and then get sent to hell when you die.

It also doesn't require a religion to figure out that there are certain essential rules needed for any group to survive. For example, a society cannot just have people murdering or everyone would just be afraid of each other. That leads to distrust and miscommunication, and no society would be able to exist under such pandemonium.
...wow no one seems to understand the gospel...
Old 02-21-2013, 08:55 AM   #378
Dorby
fake plastic deez
FFR Veteran

... or they are just dealing with reality and not using a crutch to help them deal with life.
And so it was, with this thread that, in 2014 Robertsona will be placed in history via the Legendary Thread section. He will be respected as a self-proclaimed master of TGB. A feat so uncared for and ignored that he himself committed suicide in early 2013.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #379
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

"But knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable." -Carl Sagan

Death is only "bleak" after being spoon fed an over-glorifying story of afterlife. This life is your only life, so I'd rather not waste it waiting for an afterlife.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:24 AM   #380
JJTrixX
Green & Gold ReflexKage
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I don't know.
You don't know because you have yet to know the love of God. One day you will.

@ Dossar, let me shed some light on your statement. You can not commit suicide and go to heaven.

The Bible teaches us to trust, depend on, and believe in God throughout its length. (Romans 8:28 is one example.) To take your own life would show no faith in God. Notice that although the prophets, apostles, and Jesus Christ were persecuted, tortured, and put to death; they did not commit suicide for an “easy out.” They “fought the good fight” to the end (see 2 Timothy 4:6-8).

One of the Commandments of God is: "Thou shall not commit murder." This includes murder upon yourself. You are making the choice to give up on life and accepting death as your way out.

Furthermore, you say, "It also doesn't require a religion to figure out that there are certain essential rules needed for any group to survive."

Let me ask you this: According to your very own logic, What would stop you from commiting an immoral act like stealing from an innocent man(outside your "group"), if you knew that the stolen item(such as food, money, jewelry, a car, etc.) would help you survive AND you knew that you would never get caught? Not only this, but a group of people that understand "certain essential rules" is exactly what a religion is. Atheists say very clearly that they dont follow any "absolute moralities" which is a fancier way of saying "certain essential rules".They say that anything and everything can be argued and be put up on the table for discussion, reasoning, disputing, etc. at any time.(qouted by Mr. Dawkins himself in a video interview i saw posted earlier by reincarnate I believe)

You also say, "For example, a society cannot just have people murdering or everyone would just be afraid of each other. That leads to distrust and miscommunication, and no society would be able to exist under such pandemonium."

You are implying that if religion didn't exist and everyone understood the concept you said above, there would be no murder. Just because it makes sense not to commit murder, doesn't mean people will not murder. There will always be people regardless of their beliefs whether they are atheists or theists that will kill others in this world because the world isn't perfect and never will be. All it takes is ONE individual to have a disagreement or seperate view on anything, and a ripple effect occurs where other people will also have seperate views. You can not create a perfect world here on earth where everybody agrees on everything and there is absolutely no violence, war, theivery, murder, etc. because this world is constantly being tampered and manipulated by negative forces, eg. the devil. The bible shows us how to lead a GOOD life in an imperfect world.

Last edited by JJTrixX; 02-21-2013 at 12:14 PM..
Closed Thread