Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 08:26 PM   #81
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: What's happening in here?

Communication sitewide and either Restructuring or Reorganizing the current structure that the Staff runs on would be the most important things to address before things that can be accomplished on a daily basis (working on removing rated/bugged scores, a prevention method (for lack of a better term) against profile bots, etc.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:27 PM   #82
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Raccoon View Post
Now, I took a hiatus for 5 or so years so take my opinion with a grain of salt:
But would it be safe to say that if we had bigger community it would inspire shit to get done? Or is the community on it's last legs because nothing was getting done?
The community was significantly reduced because of the extended downtime that started in Dec of 2009 and ran until I think it was October of 2011. Most people moved on during that time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Old 08-21-2015, 08:33 PM   #83
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpet63 View Post
Hahaa... dude yeah we tried that. Organization is not currently the issue for dev.
Then please prove me wrong (can be PM'd or whatever). I don't know what dev does to monitor their progress or assign tasks. Being a part of staff myself and not having the slightest high-level idea on what dev is working on is definitely a concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpet63
I would be ridiculously happy if the dev team could get to work on, i dunno, making a new version of the FFR engine (that's what dev is meant to do right)? That is what I want to happen, and what I want to be a part of. Unfortunately we've got a laundry list of bugs on the site and in the engine, and I'm not qualified to fix them, neither is anyone else so far.
"Making a new version of the FFR engine" would be an epic that would have to be split into multiple stories and then subtasks for each. That big of a general idea doesn't work unless the work is split into smaller sections that are more well-defined. I understand that may have just been a hypothetical example to illustrate a point, however it still needs to be divided properly.

Let's take a moment to reflect on a few users that entered Dev for a bit, but left:
- Fission
- qqwref

Both Fission and qqwref were great additions to the team but continuously got shut down. Their unpleasant experience being on staff convinced them to leave despite wanting to help, and I can understand their pain. These users were certainly qualified and willing to help with dev, and maybe the dev team should reconsider how it's going to approach its problems. I still don't know what dev does to monitor its progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpet63 View Post
Oh and another thing, sometimes people just want to do one specific project, and then leave, which I think should be allowed, and we should READILY allow those people into the group temporarily to give them CRUCIAL FEEDBACK, with the option of joining if applicable.
Consultants do this. This is a perfectly legitimate strategy.

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 08-21-2015 at 08:36 PM..
Old 08-21-2015, 08:38 PM   #84
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

List of important things to do from chronological order of most important to least:

1. Things To Fix

1. Staff communication

2. Restructure/Reorganize current staff structure

3. Address inactivity within staff

4. anything else
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class

Last edited by Rapta; 08-21-2015 at 08:39 PM..
Old 08-21-2015, 08:46 PM   #85
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Also another comment - I do recognize that some things (aka "laundry list of bug fixes" as mentioned before) are not AT ALL enjoyable, or even overly stimulating to the community as a whole - but even those need to be done to make progress. The fact that it's a "daunting task" just makes it THAT MUCH more relevant for dev staff to have accountability on finishing these fixes. Get it done, and move forward!
Old 08-21-2015, 08:58 PM   #86
Mister_Raccoon
FFR Player

I prefer to be solution oriented.
If anyone has any realistic ideas, the authority to get it done, and some gumption, I donate my time to the cause in any way I can be useful.

I'm just a PM away.

God dammit I just got back into FFR. It's too early for me to be hearing talk of how the shit is already dead.

SKG_Scintill: but apparently you're too brony to get that
SKG_Scintill: freaking jehova's witnesses of the internet
Old 08-21-2015, 08:58 PM   #87
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

It may be easier to fix the issues at hand if everything were explained a bit more.

For example, someone in staff could tell us how they would try to contact someone else either for permission to do something or clarification, or if they use a chatting platform like a Skype group chat they could talk about that, and then they could state what they think the issue is with the current way it is done.

Quoting older posts wouldn't be a bad idea for this too.
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Quote:
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
do u even agrabah
Quote:
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class

Last edited by Rapta; 08-21-2015 at 08:58 PM..
Old 08-21-2015, 08:59 PM   #88
MosaicMan3
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapta View Post
I spent an hour on a post and said "nevermind" lol

In a nice, short, non essay, I would like to exclaim that I think if staff applications were open at all times, and staff applications constantly reviewed, and consensus on said reviewed applications was reached with a (subject to change) time minimum of one month of contemplation about said applicant being reviewed, it might be a good idea. I also agree that what's going on should be expressed in some way, or at least a more effective system be put in place which allows ALL staff and possibly all users to know what's going on with EVERYTHING.

In fact, someone tell all staff about this thread please, this is a well past due "what is happening" thread
I know it's a little dated. But I absolutely agree with Rapta here. Applications need to be offered 100% of the time. Different people can bring different things to the table.

We put a lot on the current staff's shoulders. There are a lot of people here who have the skill, and the passion to help this site out. I personally don't give a damn if 50% of the active community base is staff, as long as it gets things moving again. I took a short hiatus from this game, and I come back seeing it worse than it was.

There's a lot of work that needs to get done, and a lot of people willing to help with that work. Please offer positions to people who can and want to help.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:00 PM   #89
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
It may be easier to fix the issues at hand if everything were explained a bit more.

For example, someone in staff could tell us how they would try to contact someone else either for permission to do something or clarification, or if they use a chatting platform like a Skype group chat they could talk about that, and then they could state what they think the issue is with the current way it is done.

Quoting older posts wouldn't be a bad idea for this too.
Everything used to be on skype but Zag moved everyone to slack. I really am not fond of slack at all and still prefer skype when I can but usually if I'm trying to reach him I use the slack. I went on earlier though and it really doesn't look like much has been going on. I can't see the dev chat though, so idk.
Quote:
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:

Quote:
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Old 08-21-2015, 09:02 PM   #90
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosaicMan3 View Post
I know it's a little dated. But I absolutely agree with Rapta here. Applications need to be offered 100% of the time. Different people can bring different things to the table.

We put a lot on the current staff's shoulders. There are a lot of people here who have the skill, and the passion to help this site out. I personally don't give a damn if 50% of the active community base is staff, as long as it gets things moving again. I took a short hiatus from this game, and I come back seeing it worse than it was.

There's a lot of work that needs to get done, and a lot of people willing to help with that work. Please offer positions to people who can and want to help.
Quote:
Please offer positions to people who can and want to help.
And if anything, you could just do it more often! Like, Psycho said that the last applications for one of the staff groups' was almost a year ago, which in her opinion isn't long but I think that is a very long time for applications, especially when this site is as slow as it is.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-21-2015, 09:02 PM   #91
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosaicMan3 View Post
I took a short hiatus from this game, and I come back seeing it worse than it was.
I think this is a really unfair statement, there has been a lot of stuff that has been done. I wouldn't say that the site is worse than it was, but there is a lot of things that can be improved on.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Old 08-21-2015, 09:04 PM   #92
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺

Psycho:
Quote:
I really am not fond of slack at all
What do you not like about it? I don't know what slack is, i'll try a quick google search.

Edit: basically a communication thing is what I've gathered.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Rapta; 08-21-2015 at 09:06 PM..
Old 08-21-2015, 09:06 PM   #93
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
And if anything, you could just do it more often! Like, Psycho said that the last applications for one of the staff groups' was almost a year ago, which in her opinion isn't long but I think that is a very long time for applications, especially when this site is as slow as it is.
There were other additions that came after that though, and again it's not the fault of the people added if there's no real structure for what's going on. I've seen quite a few of the people who were added that have been in this thread expressing this. Adding a bunch of new people to teams doesn't mean jack if the teams aren't functioning right. If the teams were functioning right we really probably wouldn't have to be adding many more people on. There's actually a good deal of people in various staff roles right now.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Old 08-21-2015, 09:07 PM   #94
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Psycho:

What do you not like about it? I don't know what slack is, i'll try a quick google search.

Edit: basically a communication thing is what I've gathered.
It's a chat thing but I just don't really like it. I preferred skype and always will.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Old 08-21-2015, 09:13 PM   #95
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
It's a chat thing but I just don't really like it. I preferred skype and always will.
I feel like I don't have much information to go off of about Slack.. Is everyone in a big group? Do the Events and Devs and such have their own groups? You said you can't see the Dev chat, do you think that should be changed?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-21-2015, 09:16 PM   #96
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
I feel like I don't have much information to go off of about Slack.. Is everyone in a big group? Do the Events and Devs and such have their own groups? You said you can't see the Dev chat, do you think that should be changed?
There's a general chat that everyone from every group is in, but it hasn't been very active. Then everyone has their own private groups. I don't think that everyone should have to be able to see everything but I think there should be more communication in the main chat about what's going on.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Old 08-21-2015, 09:17 PM   #97
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

FFRama

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
Old 08-21-2015, 09:33 PM   #98
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺

-Waiting for other staff members to give information/opinions on the current form of staff communication (which seems to be Slack)-
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-21-2015, 09:35 PM   #99
Trumpet63
Mostly Ignored
Skill Rating Designer
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I love slack. I think it's pretty subjective honestly, although clearly slack has more features. I don't care where we talk, just that we talk.
2014 October 7th 1:03 AM

Zageron: Trumpet
Trumpet63: yes, im here
Zageron: You have a problem.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:37 PM   #100
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

I should probably note that I actually don't mind people approaching me outside of application periods about possibly joining the events team. I added badman on without the application period cause he had been doing some event stuff and looked like a good fit. I want to say that if someone really has the skills for something that even maybe going to a staff member and just saying hey I know how to do x could I help out? Idk, I'm getting tired at this point.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Closed Thread