Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2008, 02:57 PM   #141
travman301
#swagdog
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to travman301
Default Re: TWC Rules, Policies, Etc.

Eh, I'll reconsider the chardish/kilga issue. Not right now though.

Also, I move to make mattc's ban a 3 or 4 game ban, seeing as how its his second offense.

Also @ mak, let's just wait the last day out.
travman301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:59 PM   #142
Xception704
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Again I'd like to propose something.

Change the vote from the name having to be bolded to the player saying "I vote for x."

I can be any form of the present tense. "I'm voting for x."

"I'll vote for x" doesn't work.

The reason for this can be demonstrated in the current jTWG.

Lito's being a horrible sport, but he can suck it up, because this isn't about him. I'm glad he did what he did ... because this is a flaw imo.

If I say "I vote for x," there's NO doubt who I'm voting for.

I can bold trav trav trav all I want, and incorporate it into my sentence so that it looks like it would be there anyway and claim that I bolded out of emphasis.

"I vote for x" is STRONGER than x imo.

This is just something I'm proposing ... not sure how well it will be received, but yeah.
Xception704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:09 PM   #143
pntballa18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to pntballa18 Send a message via Skype™ to pntballa18

The point of the bold is to make it easy for the host to see when checking through. I think if they see the "I vote for x", then they should include it into the tally, but if they skip over it because it's not bolded and then write the death post, it should not be changed.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:13 PM   #144
Xception704
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Right. Well I'm going to be participating in TWGs for hopefully a long time, and I always go through and check to see who voted for who.

I'm changing my proposition from "I vote for x" replacing x to "I vote for x" and x being synonymous.

Last edited by Xception704; 03-23-2008 at 08:23 PM..
Old 03-23-2008, 09:00 PM   #145
mattc16
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to mattc16 Send a message via MSN to mattc16

I believe i'm allowed to put a little point across with regards to my absence. I'm not gonna lie i've not been online at all in the past couple of days cause i have had no connection to the internet, my computer has been away being repaired cause my little sister broke it, I just got it back today.

I also had to go back to hospital again yesterday overnight, which was totally unexpected, the scar from my operation opened up and there was quite a lot of bleeding, so i was rushed into hospital pretty quickly.

If I'd have known this was gonna happen i wouldn't have signed up, but it's pretty hard to predict that.

Click for great online poker rakeback offers!
mattc16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:41 PM   #146
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

I'm not going to vote for matt. for reasons I discussed with trav over AIM, You guys have to remember he's in england. which is 6 hours ahead of EST, and 9 ahead of PST. It's very Difficult to be active in a different time-zone. Main TWG activity is from 7-9 PM EST or later, which is 1-3 AM his time. Most people are asleep by this point. So the only time he can be active is during the day, but at that time everyone over here is in school.

So basically the only things he has to form opinions on is the thread, which usually isn't much. Matt's been active enough to avoid phantoms for the most part and he's been responsible enough to get a replacement when he hasn't been able to be active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 03-24-2008 at 04:49 PM..
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:54 PM   #147
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

No offense but if it aint broke, don't fix it. The voting process works fine. Don't try changing it, and if you do just have people increase the font size to see better. But you shouldn't change it since it's been working fine since the first game. And I think we can all understand Matt's "handicap". I apologize for replacing you, I hope you understand why. But don't worry, others won't. I just want my game active, unlike the last two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:13 PM   #148
travman301
#swagdog
FFR Veteran

I've reconsidered matt's case.

When I talked to manti, he made some very good points.

Matt I have no problem taking my vote off of you, but just make sure that the next game you sign up for be as active as you can.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:28 PM   #149
Xception704
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Oh. I had no clue why you weren't active for this game matt. I don't mind as a fellow player seeing someone inactive if it was caused by a real-life situation that really couldn't have been avoided.

Maybe your condition will stabilize by the time the next jTWG starts?
Old 03-24-2008, 04:50 PM   #150
mattc16
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to mattc16 Send a message via MSN to mattc16

Thanks manti, that's another valid point, i try to be on aim whenever i can at home, but like you say it's difficult to get hold of people most of the time!!

Trav, I'm always as active as i can be, but it's kinda difficult to get online when you have no internet connection at home and you're off school for two weeks!!

rzr, i was going to ask you for a replacement anyway because i think i might have to have another operation on the same thing, it's come back again. not good...

Click for great online poker rakeback offers!
mattc16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:49 PM   #151
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattc16 View Post
rzr, i was going to ask you for a replacement anyway because i think i might have to have another operation on the same thing, it's come back again. not good...
Well, I hope you feel better. We'll be waiting for you to come back =]

Quote:
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

Old 03-31-2008, 10:24 PM   #152
travman301
#swagdog
FFR Veteran

Ok, so these are a set of "updated" TWG rules that the TWC has been talking about for a bit.

We didn't change all the much, more or less moved a few words around to make it more relevant to current play.

We are posting it here to hear any problems or revisions the TWG public thinks we should make.

Once we have this under wraps an addition set of extra rules will be added.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Players are not allowed to edit/delete their posts for ANY reason. Moderators are not allowed to edit/delete anyone's posts for ANY reason Moderators are allowed to delete posts by users not in the current TWG who post in the thread.

1a. There is ONE exception to this rule. If the host gives you permission to edit your post for some reason, then it can be permitted.

2. ONE brief death message is allowed the day after someone is wolfed. One post means one. ONE DEATH POST. No information about the game may be said. A Player who is lynched may not post again after they are killed.

3. Players are not allowed to reveal their PMs to anyone else, show screenshots of their PMs to anyone, nor use information within their PMs as a method of confirming humanity. Players are not allowed to reveal conversations relating to the game with the game's host to any other player. Players may not post screenshots of conversations they have with other players.

4. An Insta-Lynch is considered MORE than 50% of all votes on any given day. Phantom votes are considered a minimal fraction of a vote for all intensive purposes (ex. .001 of a vote). If there are 7 players and no phantoms, 4 is needed for an Insta. If there are 8 players and no phantoms, 5 is needed. If there are 7 players + 1 phantom (7.001), 4 REAL votes are needed (3 real + phantom = 3.001, which is not greater than 50%). If there are 8 players + 1 phantom (8.001), 4 REAL votes are needed (4.001 is greater than 50% of 8.001).

4a. In the event of a tie vote, a Knife in Box (KiB)[KitB] situation occurs. A KiB situation is definded by one of the two tied players randomly getting wolfed or lynched, as determined by random.org or other means.

4b. Rule for multiple phantoms: any phantom above the 1st shall be treated as a full vote. 2 phantoms = 1.001 votes, 5 phantoms = 4.001 votes. All rules of 4 still solely apply for persons with multiple phantoms.

4c. After a player accumulates a total of 3 phantoms, a replacement will be sought out for them. The replacement will carry all phantoms accumulated by the offending player.

5. Cheating of any kind (through abuse of the rules stated here, or anything that is determined cheating by a majority of the players) will result in that players immediate death (not counting as that days lynch), and they will be subject to a banning of length to be determined by TWC.

6. The dead are prohibited from talking to living players about the game. Information may not flow into the game from the grave If someone is found giving information to a living giving information to a living player, they are subject to a game or more ban.

7. Imitating another player (dead or alive) through a fake AIM/FFR nickname is cheating and is subject to the cheating penalties.

7a. Contacting anyone anonymously about TWG is strictly prohibited. All TWG communication must be either on your AIM name or FFR account name. No creating second accounts or anonymous accounts for the game.

8. No player, under ANY circumstances, is allowed a free passage into a future TWG. Not if they are killed night 1, not if they are the MVP of the previous game, not if they hosted the previous game.

9. No player may vote over AIM. Ex: IMing the host saying who you vote for. There is no explainable reason for this. If someone can access the internet, they can access the forums. IMing the host and asking them to post a message on your behalf is at the host's discretion. No votes/guardings/seerings/etc. are not official and will not be counted unless sent through a PM.

10. All new players to TWG are required to play in at least 1 jTWG first. Note: 99% of new players will be required to play at least 1 jTWG before being allowed in TWG.
Players will get moved up through host and/or TWC recommendation.

10a. A host’s recommendation may be overturned by the TWC as they see fit.

11. NO PLAYER MAY BE ALLOWED IN BOTH A JTWG AND A TWG AT THE SAME TIME. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.

11a. If you are dead without the chance of revival in your respective game, it is up to the host’s discretion as to whether or not you may participate in their game.

12. TWC have final say on all matters TWG. Any TWG related issue should be brought to one of the council members.

13.: A host may not prematurely remove a player from the game unless they are caught cheating. If a player requests removal because they no longer wish to play or because they will be gone for an extended period of time, the host/former player should seek a replacement rather than eliminate the role altogether.

14. In a standard game, for the wolves to win a game, they must equal their human counterparts during the night.

14a. However, there are extenuating circumstances that nullify this rule. For example, if there are roles (i.e. SK, vigi) who can alter the number of wolves during the night or protect the humans, then the wolves must outnumber the humans during the day to achieve victory.

jTWG to TWG rule
We are officially re-instating the TWG/jTWG system. It is the host’s responsibility to evaluate a player’s ability to participate effectively in a TWG.

Also, it should be noted that a host is evaluating a player based on their play in their game and their past games as well. A player should not be allowed passage into TWG just because they played well in one game.

Last edited by travman301; 03-31-2008 at 11:27 PM..
Old 03-31-2008, 10:30 PM   #153
Litodude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Litodude

I will be looking over this and revising the flaws.

dude
out west?
the fuck kinda location is west?
am i buying weed off a gotdamn pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

http://imgur.com/a/Ww9g3
Litodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:33 PM   #154
travman301
#swagdog
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litodude View Post
I will be looking over this and revising the flaws.
I will be looking forward to it.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:46 PM   #155
Litodude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Litodude

Done for now. I'm sure my version is applicable to all situations, and if there's something I missed feel free to point it out.

1a. Players are not allowed to edit/delete their posts for ANY reason. Moderators are allowed to edit/delete anyone's posts, given acceptable reasons why. Moderators are allowed to delete posts by users not in the current TWG who post in the thread.

1b. If the host gives asks a moderator to delete certain post(s), then it can be permitted. Absolutely NO player can delete/edit their posts while participating a j/TWG game AT ALL.

2.One death post may be allowed by the person killed during the Night phase. This post must be brief, and contain no information about the game. A player who is lynched, during the Day, may not post again after they are killed. If a person is insta'd during the Day phase, that person [u]cannot]/u] post after he or she has been insta'd.

3a. Players are not allowed to reveal their PMs to anyone else and is included (but not limited) to: forwarding the PM to any other player, showing a screenshot of the PM, or copypasta'ing the PM info into the thread or to another player. Players are not allowed to reveal conversations - with the Host - relating to the game to any other player. Players may not post screenshots of conversations they have with other players that are not involved in the current j/TWG.

3b. Players are allowed to fake AIM conversations.

4a. An Insta-Lynch is considered MORE than 50% of all votes on any given day. Phantom votes are considered a minimal fraction of a vote for all intensive purposes (ex. .001 of a vote). If there are 7 players and no phantoms, 4 is needed for an Insta. If there are 8 players and no phantoms, 5 is needed. If there are 7 players + 1 phantom (7.001), 4 REAL votes are needed (3 real + phantom = 3.001, which is not greater than 50%). If there are 8 players + 1 phantom (8.001), 4 REAL votes are needed (4.001 is greater than 50% of 8.001).

4b. Rule for multiple phantoms: any phantom above the 1st shall be treated as a full vote. 1 phantom = .001 votes, 2 phantoms = 1.001 votes, etc.

4c. After a player(s) accumulates a certain amount of phantoms, commonly 3 phantoms, the Host will get a replacement for that person(s). The replacement will carry all phantoms accumulated by the offending player.

4d. In the event of a tie vote, a Knife in Box (KiB)[KitB] situation occurs. A KiB situation is defined by one of the two tied players randomly getting wolfed or lynched, as determined by random.org or other means. All rules of 4 still solely apply for persons with multiple phantoms.

5a. Cheating of any kind (through abuse of the rules stated here, or anything that is determined cheating by a majority of the players will result in that players immediate death (not counting as that days lynch), and they will be subject to a banning of length to be determined by TWC. Their role will be substituted.

5b. Two IRL friends CANNOT play in the same game. Parties cannot have a Player-to-Player relationship, nor can they have a Host-to-Player relationship. There is a possibility of account sharing, whether allowed or not, and possibility of exchanging information outside of AIM/thread. "TasselFoot (7:59:32 PM): 2 IRL friends can't play in the same twg." If you have a problem with this rule, ask Tass yourself.

-Exception:
"chardish" (9:59:25 PM): two IRL friends can play in the same game as long as they don't physically see or talk to each other during the game
"chardish" (9:59:34 PM): e.g. if they live in different states or something

6. The dead are prohibited from talking to living players about the game. Information may not flow into the game from the grave. If someone is found giving information to a living giving information to a living player, they are subject to a game or more ban.

7a. Imitating another player (dead or alive) through a fake AIM/FFR nickname is cheating and is subject to the cheating penalties.

7b. Contacting anyone anonymously about TWG is strictly prohibited. All TWG communication must be either on your AIM name or FFR account name. No creating second accounts or anonymous accounts for the game.

7c. If the account that you signed up for the game gets banned, it is up to the Host or Moderator to decide if they are allowed to post on an alternate username. There are still means of communication to a player (i.e. AIM) even if that player is banned temporarily. If the player is somehow banned permanently, a substitution will occur.

8. No player, under ANY circumstances, is allowed a free passage into a future TWG. Not if they are killed night 1, not if they are the MVP of the previous game, not if they hosted the previous game. You must sign up in the Game Signups as everyone else. Hosts are allowed to set specific times when the players are able to sign up.

9a. No player may vote over AIM. Ex: IMing the host saying who you vote for. There is no explainable reason for this. If someone can access the internet, they can access the forums. IMing the host and asking them to post a message on your behalf is at the host's discretion. No votes/guardings/seerings/etc. are not official and will not be counted unless sent through a PM.

9b. If the player is banned AND ONLY IF THE PLAYER IS BANNED: As mentioned in 7c., it is up to the host to decide whether a contact vote over AIM is applicable or if the Host requires the user to send in the PM on an alternate account. The banned user MUST tell the Host which account he is using to send the PM.

10a. All new players to TWG are required to play in at least 1 jTWG first. Note: 99% of new players will be required to play at least 1 jTWG before being allowed in TWG.
Players will get moved up through host and/or TWC recommendation.

10b. If a player believes they are well-equipped to play right into a TWG, they must submit written evidence supporting their claim and why they should be allowed to play.

10c. A host’s recommendation may be overturned by the TWC or Moderator as they see fit.

11a. No player is allowed to play in a jTWG and a TWG at the same time. There are no exceptions to this rule.

11b. If you are dead without the chance of revival in your respective game, it is up to the other Host’s discretion as to whether or not you may participate in their game. Example: You are dead in a TWG game with no possible chance of ressurrection. jTWG Player Signups are open and you wish to participate. It will be decided by the Host if you are allowed to play or not.

11c. The Host reserves the right to admit or kick any player he sees fit before the game begins. If the player is unequipped to play during the game, it is the hosts descretion whether or not the player will be removed. A subtition will take place.

12. TWC have final say on all matters TWG. Any TWG related issue should be brought to one of the council members and will be discussed accordingly.

13a. If a player wishes to be removed from the current game contact the Host, via AIM, PM, or thread. Give clear explanations on why you wish to be removed. If it's something ridiculous such as, "Oh I don't like my role." then it's your own fault for signing up in the first place. Legitimate explanations will be tried for unpunished, but idiotic reasons will not be forgiven.

13b. Consider the amount of time needed to play j/TWG. It might last from a few days to a couple of weeks, so be prepared to sacrifice your time to the game. Do not become inactive during the game because of personal reasons.

Default Wolf Victory Part I: The default wolf team victory condition is when the wolf population equals the human population at the end of a day interval after someone is voted off (Obviously, if the wolf population exceeds the human population at any time then the game can be stopped because it is academic).

Example:

End of Day X: Person P is voted off, leaving N wolves and N humans. Wolves win.
Middle of Night X: Person P is wolfed, leaving N wolves and N humans. Play goes on.
Middle of Day X: Person P is vigilante'd or otherwise eliminated, leaving N wolves and N humans. Play goes on.
(Special example - Middle of Day X: Person P is vigi'd or otherwise eliminated, leaving N wolves and N-1 humans. Wolves win.)

Default Wolf Victory Part II: If the game is down to 1 wolf 1 human, during any phase, it is an automatic wolf victory.
[Credit: Kilga, alain]

Differencing between jTWG and TWG:
We are officially re-instating the TWG/jTWG system. It is the host’s responsibility to evaluate a player’s ability to participate effectively in a TWG. This was previously mentioned in part 11c. It is the Host's right to include or exclude a player from their game, given an adequate reason as to -why- the decision was made. Consult the TWC or a Moderator's approval on your decision (do not let it be baseless!). If you are unable to play in the TWG, wait to play in the jTWG. No player is denied the right to play in a jTWG unless otherwise specified.

dude
out west?
the fuck kinda location is west?
am i buying weed off a gotdamn pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

http://imgur.com/a/Ww9g3

Last edited by Litodude; 04-1-2008 at 12:17 AM.. Reason: spelling
Litodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2008, 06:12 AM   #156
rzr
TWG Veteran

Ok, tell rule 5b to go **** itself up the ass. Me and argo have been playing here long enough that you can't enforce it on us now, it's be pretty ****ed up if you did.
If you want to start enforcing it now, then it doesn't apply to us. Granted, we should withhold or discard information obtained outside of the internet, you still cannot force us to stop playing.
Nuff said.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by rzr; 04-1-2008 at 11:48 AM..
Old 04-1-2008, 10:50 AM   #157
dooey100
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

If the game is down to 2 wolves and 2 humans then even if a wolf is voted out from KitB then the wolves kill someone and its down to 1 and 1 anyway. If 1 wolf 1 human = wolf win then 2 wolf 2 human will still be wolf win unless someone gets guarded or there is a vigi kill.
dooey100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2008, 11:50 AM   #158
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
Granted, we should withhold or discard information obtained outside of the internet, you still cannot force us to stop playing.
Pretty sure they can force you to not play in the same TWG at the same time. The potential for game breaking is way too high. All it takes is one person to be reading over someone else's shoulder and the entire game is wrecked. That's why there's the exception for people who live very far apart.

I think it's a perfectly fair rule. I know how pissed off I'd be to lose a game because someone looked at my chat logs while I was in the bathroom or something.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2008, 12:43 PM   #159
argo15
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

i have to admit rzr, when we play together we both take on the duty of figuring out each-others role, and pretty quickly can get each-other to slip up. Games without you are much different.
argo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-1-2008, 12:46 PM   #160
Brilliant Dynamite Neon
nobody fiffers anymore.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Brilliant Dynamite Neon Send a message via Yahoo to Brilliant Dynamite Neon

Nice revisions, Litodude.

So do we have a list of people who are approved to play TWG?

Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes

Last edited by Brilliant Dynamite Neon; 11-10-2013 at 12:28 PM..
Brilliant Dynamite Neon is offline   Reply With Quote