Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2008, 12:15 PM   #1
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Is Vista really that bad?

Well today I got a new latop. I was excited at first, but then I checked and saw a Windows Vista logo. After I had seen that I immediately frowned upon myself. The first thing I did when I turned on the computer was play FFR. I thought it was horrible, I couldn't AAA a easy song such as "Air Breeze". I was thinking of just stopping FFR forever. But I was skeptical. I decided to try out the game more on harder songs like "Lawn Wake IV" I anded up black flagging it. This is when I decided that maybe Vista isn't so bad. I ended up getting a black flag 3 times. So I just decided to move along and try different songs. And look what I ended up getting.

It goes to show that Vista isn't all that bad. Sure the frame rate is slightly lowered, but still playable. So if you're thinking of getting a new computer, and it has vista on it, don't hesitate to buy it. Vista isn't all that bad for FFR. It just makes the game slightly harder. Then again, it could be a good thing. It can make you a better player. Well that's all I really wanted to say haha.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:25 PM   #2
Quigly
nah
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Is Vista really that bad?

The lag for Vista differs between computers. Some Vista computers have no difference between XP while others the lag is horrible.You might have gotten off easy.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:26 PM   #3
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigly View Post
The lag for Vista differs between computers. Some Vista computers have no difference between XP while others the lag is horrible.You might have gotten off easy.
Yes but this can also go for people are just recently buying computers with Vista. If it's new, and you aren't running anything, the probability of FFR lagging horribly is low. I don't think they would equip the system with vista if it couldn't run it so well.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:29 PM   #4
Quigly
nah
FFR Veteran

Actually, when I got a computer with Vista my PA was horrible, but over time it improved. I guess you can get accustomed to the lag.

BTW: Nice Thrash score.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:36 PM   #5
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Actually, when I got a computer with Vista my PA was horrible, but over time it improved. I guess you can get accustomed to the lag.

Yeah lol, oh and thanks
Old 12-25-2008, 12:39 PM   #6
16 Hour Whore
FFR Player

Noice.
16 Hour Whore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 12:57 PM   #7
Ground_Breaker
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Ground_Breaker

Wrong forum. I'm a Vista user, and I don't know if I'm just allowing the computer to do something or what, but if I leave my computer on for at least eighteen hours, FFR plays like it's on a completely different operating system. If I restart it, I don't even play for a day because my PA is so terrible that it's frustrating to play, but after that, it's fine.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:02 PM   #8
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground_Breaker View Post
Wrong forum. I'm a Vista user, and I don't know if I'm just allowing the computer to do something or what, but if I leave my computer on for at least eighteen hours, FFR plays like it's on a completely different operating system. If I restart it, I don't even play for a day because my PA is so terrible that it's frustrating to play, but after that, it's fine.
That's why you shouldn't leave a laptop on for so long, it's easier to overheat then a regular computer.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:04 PM   #9
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127

See vista isnt that bad. Plus you just need to use FF with it. IE screws it up for some reaosn. Plus this goes for all you computer buyers, all you are gonna get now adays is a Vista when you purchase a computer, you need to pay extra now to get XP installed which is kinda gay. D:

Nice score though. You win!
Plan_Bsk81127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 01:11 PM   #10
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 View Post
See vista isnt that bad. Plus you just need to use FF with it. IE screws it up for some reaosn. Plus this goes for all you computer buyers, all you are gonna get now adays is a Vista when you purchase a computer, you need to pay extra now to get XP installed which is kinda gay. D:

Nice score though. You win!
That's true, and yay for winning!
Old 12-25-2008, 08:14 PM   #11
StringsnKeys
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

got a new laptop today..........gutting it and putting Xp back........Vista does suck, but for reasons that have nothing to do with FFR
StringsnKeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 08:18 PM   #12
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

Quote:

this is very true

TOLD YOU TRAV
Old 12-25-2008, 08:20 PM   #13
ogmsband
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

well i dont know, i got a brand new computer i have nothing running and ffr is a lot worse on this one than my lap top
ogmsband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 08:21 PM   #14
TC_llama499
Resident Rock Climber
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TC_llama499 Send a message via MSN to TC_llama499 Send a message via Yahoo to TC_llama499

i just got a laptop today with vista on it and i did the same thing lol easy songs are horrible but the harder songs arnt too bad to play
Old 12-25-2008, 08:56 PM   #15
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127

lol, nobody is gonna be able to by a computer now adays cuz almost everyone comes with Vista now. You have to pay extra for someone to put XP whihc is kinda gay, but Vista isnt all tht bad once you play on it a lot more and are used to the playing. Then you will get used to it and improve over time like Quigly said.
Plan_Bsk81127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 08:59 PM   #16
GG_Guru
Let em' do what they want
FFR Veteran

Nice score man. XD

I don't know why people hate vista, it works well with my computer but maybe it's because I still bought it brand new. That was like 2 years ago.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:02 PM   #17
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

On vista, I got 3 goods on {Rose} in MP once.

Also on vista, I got 84 misses on LWI.

On XP, I got a blackflag on {Rose} twice in a row

Also on XP, I got 13 goods on LWI.

XP wins.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 09:50 PM   #18
sumzup
(+ (- (/ (* 1 2) 3) 4) 5)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to sumzup Send a message via MSN to sumzup

Everyone has varying experiences; I've had both extremely good scores and utterly horrible scores (such as 200 goods, etc.) on Vista. Either it works amazingly for you, or it doesn't.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:02 AM   #19
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfreak04 View Post
That's why you shouldn't leave a laptop on for so long, it's easier to overheat then a regular computer.
He's saying he can play FFR better when he leaves the computer on for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 View Post
lol, nobody is gonna be able to by a computer now adays cuz almost everyone comes with Vista now. You have to pay extra for someone to put XP whihc is kinda gay, but Vista isnt all tht bad once you play on it a lot more and are used to the playing. Then you will get used to it and improve over time like Quigly said.
I'm sick and tired of you preaching Vista like it's a godly operating system and that we all suck for not being able to see why it's so good.
As far as I've seen I have NEVER seen you saying a legitimate reason as to why Vista is better than XP.
Your opinion doesn't count imo cause youre a vista fanboy and you can't even spell "buy".

But aside from that.
First of all, you can always uninstall vista and install XP yourself.
Second of all, you should not HAVE TO GET USED TO LAG cause it's not supposed to happen omg.
Third of all, a simple flash game like this should run just as good on both browsers you mentioned, ESPECIALLY when it did on the previous OS. But apparently it doesn't... hmmm... suspicious?

Microsoft should have thoroughly tested it before releasing this pos. Yes, it runs decently good on some computers. (Although most that experience no lag are noobs who couldn't tell the difference anyway)
But on most computers it does not, EVEN with good specifications.

The only thing I like about vista is the search bar in the start menu.

That's all.
I say good day.

Last edited by Nullifidian; 12-26-2008 at 10:06 AM..
Nullifidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 10:59 AM   #20
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ View Post
He's saying he can play FFR better when he leaves the computer on for a while.

I'm sick and tired of you preaching Vista like it's a godly operating system and that we all suck for not being able to see why it's so good.
As far as I've seen I have NEVER seen you saying a legitimate reason as to why Vista is better than XP.
Your opinion doesn't count imo cause youre a vista fanboy and you can't even spell "buy".

But aside from that.
First of all, you can always uninstall vista and install XP yourself.
Second of all, you should not HAVE TO GET USED TO LAG cause it's not supposed to happen omg.
Third of all, a simple flash game like this should run just as good on both browsers you mentioned, ESPECIALLY when it did on the previous OS. But apparently it doesn't... hmmm... suspicious?

Microsoft should have thoroughly tested it before releasing this pos. Yes, it runs decently good on some computers. (Although most that experience no lag are noobs who couldn't tell the difference anyway)
But on most computers it does not, EVEN with good specifications.

The only thing I like about vista is the search bar in the start menu.

That's all.
I say good day.
That's true, isn't Ground_Breaker a girl? And then again think of how good you will be if you master on Vista then go back to XP, you will be better than ever. Lets just say Vista is a challenge lol. :P