Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2020, 03:54 PM   #921
TWG Maple
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
Hi I just finished reading from the beginning of the day until now and nothing has happened. Almost all the talk has been about speculating on what happened in the night which doesn't do anyone any good. I get the feeling that wolves are driving the conversation to make it as pointless as possible to get the least information on the coming days.

I will say I do like Eugene Mr swag koala
Please do be more hypocritical. You don't like any of the conversation that's being done yet you like the person that has mostly been the driver in the convo....
Old 03-10-2020, 03:55 PM   #922
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Chrissy View Post
Julian's chiller to me than they used to be now, don't get me wrong, but that reasoning doesn't make sense to me.
Which part, specifically?
Old 03-10-2020, 03:56 PM   #923
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Rolf View Post
What are your thoughts on Julian's vote on Del last phase?
Haven't read through EOD yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Maple View Post
Please do be more hypocritical. You don't like any of the conversation that's being done yet you like the person that has mostly been the driver in the convo....
Sometimes it be like that to. Gotta hype up your wolf pals
Old 03-10-2020, 03:57 PM   #924
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

To>tho*
Old 03-10-2020, 03:58 PM   #925
TWG Rolf
FFR Player

Quote:
Just... Just cuz they don't know who's a PR doesn't mean that they can't accidentally tunnel one...?
My point being that people are saying Julian voting Del was bad, but that it's even worse that Del's a PR. There's no difference there whether Del was a PR or not. And again, calling that a tunnel I believe is pretty overexaggerated. 'Tunnel' would be more appropriate here if Julian didn't give a shit and kept the vote there anyway calling Del a liar.
Old 03-10-2020, 04:00 PM   #926
TWG Chrissy
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Eugene View Post
Which part, specifically?
In all honesty, only part because I was attempting to tunnel Julian in that big post I made earlier, however because I misread that one crucial lack of comma and after reading further up it kinda... nullified everything I was tryna do. I was deadset on it being him and/or anyone else who voted for Del that night. But after everything that's happened I'm kinda rethinking that stance now.

It's one of those "I blew my entire load on one read that fell through" situations rn.
Old 03-10-2020, 04:03 PM   #927
TWG Rolf
FFR Player

Like a wolf Julian could've picked literally any other player and voted them instead if the route they were going to go was just make wagons on people to see if they'd out a role. And what would they do if Del never outed? Or if he was just vanilla town? Say oops they messed up and just try it again the next phase?
Old 03-10-2020, 04:21 PM   #928
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Del was a reasonable vote prior claim with the "let's lynch inactives" mentality.
You may remember me trying to support inactives earlier in the game.
What happened to Del is part of it.

Does that mean we should stop lynching inactives and go for an active hypothetical wolf ?
Not really.
Old 03-10-2020, 04:56 PM   #929
TWG Phil
FFR Player

Angry Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
was hoping to see Eugene lose his shit at Del claiming cop
guess I'll have to wait for tomorrow for it
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Eugene View Post
Oh my God...

I feel like this is gonna be a possible point of contention when Del is around.

I'm near end of EOD and, yes, I was correct. It's a fucking circus
I was SOOOOOOOOOOO CLOSE >
Old 03-10-2020, 05:00 PM   #930
TWG Phil
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Fauna View Post
If Roleblocker blocked someone last night, theres a good chance that someone was a wolf
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 03-10-2020, 05:07 PM   #931
TWG Phil
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
phil also only pushed del to claim despite the vote being tied between del and zucker at that point. why say "if you're around del" and not "if you're around del or zucker"?
I'll give you a hint
its because Zucker hadn't posted in over 24 hours
Old 03-10-2020, 05:08 PM   #932
TWG Phil
FFR Player

Quote:
question about del
obviously, I was telling Del to claim, if he is a role
Old 03-10-2020, 05:33 PM   #933
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Rolf View Post
Like a wolf Julian could've picked literally any other player and voted them instead if the route they were going to go was just make wagons on people to see if they'd out a role. And what would they do if Del never outed? Or if he was just vanilla town? Say oops they messed up and just try it again the next phase?
To expand upon the meta I've seen in the past in the way Julian was acting specifically nearing eod;

Julian was perfectly ready to back off of Del closing in on eod, and then Del called out Julian for the lazy amount of pressure they were putting on tons of players, and that if they aren't going to follow through, they should either not do it, or possibly be a wolf. And then took that as a threat so they continued pressure.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Del View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
timing based reads are low effort intrinsically especially when another observer would be able to see i've been floating here

agree on me not pushing but to be frank we still have a couple hours anyways, getting my ducks in a row before making a case on one person ya dig
you say floating, i say freezing.

but agreed on the timing and the ducks. the night is young!
freezing would be more if i panicked and regressed or pitfalled myself after being called out

see if you said something like indifference, I'd begrudgingly admit to it for now

also why so quick to back off
alright, we'll go with indifference then. i suspect the indifference comes from a wolf mindset, though.

not backing off. i still stand by my suspicions. just can't see what can come from arguing with you other than you're a wolf, no i'm not, yes you are, no i'm not.
if you're too lazy to argue with a suspected wolf, chances are you either shouldn't be playing or you're a wolf
alright, i suspect you're lying about being indifferent then. you don't care about solving the game as much as keeping up appearances. you acknowledged not pushing your reads that people ignored but still haven't done anything in that respect either.
This is the one biggest example in Julian's post history that shows the flipping back & forth in what they want to do & how they want to exert pressure, but their entire post history coming into eod reeks of exerting pressure for reason to vote someone, and then taking their foot off the gas because of good reasoning or backlash, and then putting their foot on the gas again. When I asked where they were going with this, their arguments for why were just as flimsy.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Molly View Post
I'll admit, answering for Tank was wolfy behavior on my part. I tend to be overly worried about what people think of my posts (regardless of role/alignment); I'm trying to get over that since I think as a general rule of thumb, (as a towny) it's best to just say what one thinks in order to provide town with as much information as possible. Of course, there are certain exceptions, like the situation with me answering for Tank. It was a lapse in my judgement; I should have put more thought into what is best for town before I post. I had immediately regretted the post a few moments after posting it; I'm glad that Phil called me out on it in particular.

The post you mention that's in "commentary mode" was made to argue for the validity for voting for the inactives at the time. There were two inactives at that point in time and I was hoping that message would encourage others to put pressure on the other inactive at that moment in time.

I apologize if you don't like my "formal" or "robotic" tone; unless I'm roleplaying, that's just going to be the way I type. If you weally pwefew, I can wespond like this instead.
i think i like this response. pretty sure i do. at the very least, i don't feel inclined to push on you anymore. let's see how the rest of the phase pans out for you!

switching over to punchy. vibe seems off!
ooooooooookayyyyyyyyyyyy, wanna clarify what is it that seems off?
already did!
Quote:
punchy's kinda wolfy! making a big quote post like that is classic wolf behavior! also ruins the thread's feng shui...yuck!
Quote:
not shrugging it off! it's just a classic wolf move to make a post like that! gives them lots of time to go through, read it over, make some edits, make sure it all makes sense before sending it out into the world.

speaking of editing:

what's the name for when a wolf is more likely to make errors like this because they're going back and editing/fine-tuning their posts? can't remember!

otherwise, the content of the post was fine. not wolfy but not towny either.

for your question, the tone change was a combo of having thought over where apollo was pulling that accusation from and also not really having solidified my roleplay voice yet!
I called them out, I got pressure put on me, had a good reason, backed off, and then threw shade again when I peace'd from the thread for 30mins. Like wtf what sort of town pulls that shit. This is prime wolf looking for lynch candidate at eod behavior, not town scum hunting/polling the masses for slips, especially with the reasons being so weak.

I made a large, thought-out post. Have at me, sidekick.
Old 03-10-2020, 05:35 PM   #934
TWG Phil
FFR Player

kinda where I'm at rn

Zucker [9]
Flurry, Phil, Tank, Dora, Rolf, Molly, Julian, Boomer, Chief

Flurry, Tank and myself were on Zucker before Del claimed cop, basically dooming Zucker. Dora joined almost immediately after, and had voiced intent to vote for Zucker before Del claimed, so they're in this bracket as well. Del was on Zucker at this time, but moved to Julian before phase end.

I think that its likely that all 4 of these names are villagers: Flurry, Tank, Dora, Phil

I think Flurry looks the best (other than me ofc ) for their progression, they were deciding between Mathilda and Zucker, before deciding to follow me on Zucker after (re?)reading Zucker's Iso

Tank talked about how he "could go either way" between Mathilda and Zucker, and said that he thought he preferred to go for between those names, than go for Del

Dora was talking about voting whoever the lowest person that wouldn't get replaced/modkilled was (which is why I was trying to get Zucker also)

None of these at all feel like a bus, maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe Tank. Its very, very strange for Flurry to be a wolf, given they definitely could've chosen to go on Mathilda, without the team being a very bus-heavy Mathilda/Flurry/Zucker/x world.

All of the other names look pretty bad, aside from Julian, none of them even have additional words in their votes, and I think that looks kinda bad, as I've said before.

To me, it really looks like town started the wagon, and wolves had no choice but to hop on, or risk looking awkward.

After all this, I think I've decided that it makes Punchy kinda townie to go on Chief. I get that he dodged the now overwhelming wolf wagon, but its just not really how I expect most people on FFR to play; I think most people would just resign themselves to voting their low-posting partner as a wolf. If they're a wolf, they have more power in the CFD than they really should imo.

I think people pushing Julian today for outing the cop are probably doing it for bad, post-justification, reasons. I do think, however, that Julian has trended down a bit. I was basically in love with his posts yday, but the more I've read, the less I like his quips about looking at things in hindsight, if that makes any sense. I think the post where he begged people to lynch Del and just resolve Zucker some other way has to look bad, in the end. People pushing him for pushing Del are being stupid/wolfy though.

I think Boomer had an absolutely awful reaction to being voted (he only quoted Fauna, I think), and that makes me feel better about leaving my vote there.

I think Mathilda has had an awful entrance today as well, just being mad at people for stupid reasons. Their part about pushing on Flurry is really, really stupid, and I think its a wolf trying to justify something that they feel like should always look bad for someone. It makes me think they didn't read eod, because Flurry should always look very town to them, given Flurry was the person who really got the Zucker v Mathilda thoughts going towards Zucker, rather than Mathilda.

I think Rolf gets a singular cool point for saying people pushing Julian are doing it for bad reasons, but he's in the list of people who swapped to Zucker without saying anything, so I think that he's only a tiny bit ahead of the rest.

I encourage people to look at Boomer's ISO and see if they see what Flurry has about lack of engagement.

I talked about Chief a bit yday, I think they look really bad for their read on Zucker.

I think Fauna is going about Zucker's ISO the totally wrong way; if people look comfortable interacting with Zucker, then it means they probably don't know he is a wolf; wolves are pretty notorious for being unable to interact with their partners well, but I liked the thought.

Where I'm at for town (this is in order):
Del (pending, etc etc)
Flurry
Dora
Tank
Eugene (not for yesterday, ofc, but for today)
Punchy

Fauna?

people I haven't mentioned are null (I kinda want to put Agent S in my town, but I'm not going to yet)

wolfreads (there are definitely like 2 wolves here based on how yday went):
Rolf (putting him here makes me want to bump him up to null)
Molly
Julian
Chief
Boomer
Old 03-10-2020, 05:36 PM   #935
TWG Phil
FFR Player

alright, yeah, Agent S can be in my town for that post, put them below Eugene and above Punchy
Old 03-10-2020, 05:38 PM   #936
TWG Phil
FFR Player

ah, one last thing, Mathilda is where she is for her play today, not yday
same reasoning as my townread on Eugene, just a different boat
Old 03-10-2020, 05:40 PM   #937
TWG Mathilda
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
kinda where I'm at rn

Zucker [9]
Flurry, Phil, Tank, Dora, Rolf, Molly, Julian, Boomer, Chief

Flurry, Tank and myself were on Zucker before Del claimed cop, basically dooming Zucker. Dora joined almost immediately after, and had voiced intent to vote for Zucker before Del claimed, so they're in this bracket as well. Del was on Zucker at this time, but moved to Julian before phase end.

I think that its likely that all 4 of these names are villagers: Flurry, Tank, Dora, Phil

I think Flurry looks the best (other than me ofc ) for their progression, they were deciding between Mathilda and Zucker, before deciding to follow me on Zucker after (re?)reading Zucker's Iso

Tank talked about how he "could go either way" between Mathilda and Zucker, and said that he thought he preferred to go for between those names, than go for Del

Dora was talking about voting whoever the lowest person that wouldn't get replaced/modkilled was (which is why I was trying to get Zucker also)

None of these at all feel like a bus, maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe Tank. Its very, very strange for Flurry to be a wolf, given they definitely could've chosen to go on Mathilda, without the team being a very bus-heavy Mathilda/Flurry/Zucker/x world.

All of the other names look pretty bad, aside from Julian, none of them even have additional words in their votes, and I think that looks kinda bad, as I've said before.

To me, it really looks like town started the wagon, and wolves had no choice but to hop on, or risk looking awkward.

After all this, I think I've decided that it makes Punchy kinda townie to go on Chief. I get that he dodged the now overwhelming wolf wagon, but its just not really how I expect most people on FFR to play; I think most people would just resign themselves to voting their low-posting partner as a wolf. If they're a wolf, they have more power in the CFD than they really should imo.

I think people pushing Julian today for outing the cop are probably doing it for bad, post-justification, reasons. I do think, however, that Julian has trended down a bit. I was basically in love with his posts yday, but the more I've read, the less I like his quips about looking at things in hindsight, if that makes any sense. I think the post where he begged people to lynch Del and just resolve Zucker some other way has to look bad, in the end. People pushing him for pushing Del are being stupid/wolfy though.

I think Boomer had an absolutely awful reaction to being voted (he only quoted Fauna, I think), and that makes me feel better about leaving my vote there.

I think Mathilda has had an awful entrance today as well, just being mad at people for stupid reasons. Their part about pushing on Flurry is really, really stupid, and I think its a wolf trying to justify something that they feel like should always look bad for someone. It makes me think they didn't read eod, because Flurry should always look very town to them, given Flurry was the person who really got the Zucker v Mathilda thoughts going towards Zucker, rather than Mathilda.

I think Rolf gets a singular cool point for saying people pushing Julian are doing it for bad reasons, but he's in the list of people who swapped to Zucker without saying anything, so I think that he's only a tiny bit ahead of the rest.

I encourage people to look at Boomer's ISO and see if they see what Flurry has about lack of engagement.

I talked about Chief a bit yday, I think they look really bad for their read on Zucker.

I think Fauna is going about Zucker's ISO the totally wrong way; if people look comfortable interacting with Zucker, then it means they probably don't know he is a wolf; wolves are pretty notorious for being unable to interact with their partners well, but I liked the thought.

Where I'm at for town (this is in order):
Del (pending, etc etc)
Flurry
Dora
Tank
Eugene (not for yesterday, ofc, but for today)
Punchy

Fauna?

people I haven't mentioned are null (I kinda want to put Agent S in my town, but I'm not going to yet)

wolfreads (there are definitely like 2 wolves here based on how yday went):
Rolf (putting him here makes me want to bump him up to null)
Molly
Julian
Chief
Boomer
Lmao seriously? Did you even read anything else I said? I don't care how towny they looked at eod what they said sounds like. A huge slip and I'm not going to pretend it didn't happen.
Old 03-10-2020, 05:42 PM   #938
TWG Phil
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mathilda View Post
Lmao seriously? Did you even read anything else I said? I don't care how towny they looked at eod what they said sounds like. A huge slip and I'm not going to pretend it didn't happen.
slips don't exist
Old 03-10-2020, 05:43 PM   #939
TWG Phil
FFR Player

good to see you don't give a shit about anything I said other than my read on you, though
Old 03-10-2020, 05:45 PM   #940
TWG Mathilda
FFR Player

I'm on my phone because I'm not home, I'm not available to dig through everything at the moment. But I think what you said about me is lazy af so yeah I'm going to call you out on it. And what do you mean slips don't exist? There's a wolf role blocker that sounded very much like a duh I'd block the cop.
Closed Thread