Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2020, 02:52 AM   #2721
TWG Phil
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
More something along the lines as it's rarely used to find wolves for the right reasons probably.

Anyway, occam's razor on Julian for this phase.
you lost me
Old 03-16-2020, 03:04 AM   #2722
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
you lost me
Looks like I misremember what you typed.

I was the interaction around this quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
Eugene doesnt have the awareness to do either of those things intentionally imo
Nothing to see here tbh.
Old 03-16-2020, 07:10 AM   #2723
TWG Fauna
FFR Player

Quote:
Dora's Wagonomics 101:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Flurry’s post quoted for easy access to Dora’s reads

I find Dora’s wagonomics a lot more interesting now that we’ve had several flips. We’ve had 2 people flip town from her top 4 suspects, with only Mathilda and Maple left.

She also clears Julian and Eugene, who both look bad now that molly has been outed as blocker.

Not too sure what to make of this yet. I’m gonna have to read Julian and Eugene again because I’ve been townreading them up until today.
Old 03-16-2020, 07:48 AM   #2724
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

hey all I'm gonna be busy a good chunk of the day today but I'll catch up properly when I can what what
Old 03-16-2020, 07:51 AM   #2725
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

initial thoughts while I'm here - very surprised to see Molly flip blocker, annoyed that chief flipped town, was sure I was onto something there what what

will need to reread and re-evaluate a hell of a lot now
Old 03-16-2020, 08:27 AM   #2726
TWG Phil
FFR Player

If Julian is town, I honestly don't think I can get to Eugene being a wolf, which is weird to say considering its entirely tone

I guess it should make me feel better about voting Julian, but its not really doing that (not that I feel very bad or anything)
Old 03-16-2020, 08:36 AM   #2727
TWG Phil
FFR Player

I guess I just feel antsy, given that the game is starting to feel less and less like we can just mow down the late-voters on Zucker
Old 03-16-2020, 08:36 AM   #2728
TWG Julian
FFR Player

you gotta be fucking kidding me on the molly flip. this is just too cruel
Old 03-16-2020, 08:43 AM   #2729
TWG Julian
FFR Player

so, two possibilities here:

one, that this game isn't actually a werewolf game but a huge prank you guys are pulling on me. there aren't any wolves or townies or whatnot and you're just waiting to see who i push on, and in that moment you turn them into PRs. at the end of the game you're gonna say GOTCHA! and that's when the hidden cameras come out

or two, boomer's shot went through, wolves tried to kill boomer but he was protected, and wolves tried to roleblock whoever they thought the doctor was instead of stacking the roleblock and kill on boomer. from their perspective, where they know that i'm a townie, i wonder if my "if i'm the doctor, i didn't save boomer so i could save them tonight" and "don't shoot me" comments made them think i was the doc. i've also been trying to play the way i think a PR should: confident, active, and with enough scumreads that the wolves won't want to nightkill me since i'm a viable mislynch wagon to set up
Old 03-16-2020, 08:44 AM   #2730
TWG Julian
FFR Player

also, please stop saying i singlehandedly made three PRs come out. i take responsibility for del, but i was NOT the only one or even the first one to push on boomer, and i was NOT the only one on molly
Old 03-16-2020, 08:53 AM   #2731
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
so, two possibilities here:

one, that this game isn't actually a werewolf game but a huge prank you guys are pulling on me. there aren't any wolves or townies or whatnot and you're just waiting to see who i push on, and in that moment you turn them into PRs. at the end of the game you're gonna say GOTCHA! and that's when the hidden cameras come out
I think we can stop the game. He got it imo.
Old 03-16-2020, 08:54 AM   #2732
TWG Julian
FFR Player

flurry seems opportunist this phase but i still think they're town. they're just a mix of excited and confused.

feels like phil is trying to control the narrative after the flip, pushing his version in a way that makes it seem like no other version is legitimate. kind of dominating and steering the conversation. worries me given i know he's wrong

agent s is going to tunnel on me, and maybe that's fine given they've been on me since the first phase, but i hope they come up with something beyond a meta read based on who i am which i still believe is wrong to begin with

maple thinking the wolves killed molly makes no sense
Old 03-16-2020, 08:57 AM   #2733
TWG Julian
FFR Player

Quote:
I think we can stop the game. He got it imo.
you focusing on that and not the other part of the post makes me worry you've locked in your scumread on me and won't be changing it regardless of what i post
Old 03-16-2020, 08:58 AM   #2734
TWG Fauna
FFR Player

Alrighty, I've gone and read Molly and I'm gonna try cover every single instance of Molly being suspicious of someone.

Phil
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Molly View Post
I didn't like Phil's post early on in this phase regarding having people list what they would have done as each PR and also the post about having the town blocked claim. I might make a more detailed post about this later
Quote:
Phil: Despite my saltiness towards him saying blocker should claim, town. However, if in the rare event that we somehow find out wolves did the galaxy brain move of not sending a kill last night to sow confusion, I think it might be worth looking at Phil more carefully.
Early phases. Hasn't mentioned thoughts on Phil any time recently.

Agent S
Quote:
I want to say that there is likely to be at least one wolf amongst those trying to normalize the idea of the doc not saving cop and/or wolves targeting cop.
This was in response to Agent S stating he thinks its likely the wolves attacked Del night 1. Nothing since.

Chrissy
Quote:
This looks like a lame attempt to pocket Phil. You should want to hold your vote back because you want to wait until EoD to make sure a lynch doesn't happen.
Julian
Quote:
Julian: Anyone that is wolf reading him because he was pushing for a Del lynch at EoD is dumb. However, I didn't like how you were somewhat flip-flopping regarding your read on me. I was honestly surprised that a single post that I made on d0 seemed to satisfy you (if TWG has taught me anything, it's that I'm not good at being convincing). I was thinking you might revisit the idea of my being wolf this phase, especially due to my absence, but you seemed to mostly be quiet on this. I still have a strong wolf-lean of you because of this.
Quote:
I'd say to shoot either Julian, Chief, maybe Mathilda. I'm not caught up though so take this with a grain of salt.
Mathilda
Quote:
Mathilda: Didn't really care for the lazy attitude on d0. And nothing strikes me as particularly towny from you this phase either. Might put as slight wolf lean for now...might change a tad if I have time to do an iso later.
Quote:
I'd say to shoot either Julian, Chief, maybe Mathilda. I'm not caught up though so take this with a grain of salt.
Eugene
Quote:
Eugene: Slight town lean.
Quote:
I started entertaining the idea of a Eugene wolf and the reads from flurry and del regarding eugene did somewhat resonate with me. I will definitely say, Eugene is definitely putting in solid effort into the game. However I feel like most games tend to have at least 1 active high-postcount wolf that tends to be near-univerally townread early game so I try not to forget that such wolves can exist. In particular, the posting style seems very towny at first glance: post after post and many interactions. A wolf that's confident in their ability to interact with others can rack up a high post count and have a large "presence" in the thread, so easy townie points. However, as Del brings up, "Eugene is relying a lot off of quoting and then just reacting to a quote, instead of giving raw, genuine thoughts on people/situations". Although one could explain things away by appealing to posting styles, I think that Del might be on to something.

Although this sounds OMGUS-y, I found it incredibly opportunistic that you hopped on Boomer's read on my "AMA" post, especially after you "missed" it the first time you posted. Also, when I asked if anything significant happened since the aqui claim, you said "you're on nearly everyone's watch list and everyone wants you dead". However, if it is the case that lots of people wanted me dead, when I eventually went back to read what I missed, your response was hardly indicative of what was going on in the thread. My guess is that you were trying to evoke some type of response out of me, idk.
Quote:
I'm sorry Eugene that I had made you upset; I don't intend for my reads to also be personal insults. I do see you as town for now though because of the way you reacted.
Molly has seemed fairly indecisive of Eugene, and it also seems like Eugene would be her biggest suspicion by EoD yesterday. If we were basing her night actions on her scumreads, this would be my guess at who she blocked.
Old 03-16-2020, 08:59 AM   #2735
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
you focusing on that and not the other part of the post makes me worry you've locked in your scumread on me and won't be changing it regardless of what i post
I actually think you're town and that the night actions simply played in a way that makes you look back. What I'm waiting for is the others reaction.
Old 03-16-2020, 08:59 AM   #2736
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

look bad* (I know I voted you but tsh)
Old 03-16-2020, 09:10 AM   #2737
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Julian, would you agree that:

Wolves Roleblocker blocked Boomer.
Some random wolf NK'd Molly.
Boomer's target was also Molly.
He cannot know his shot was blocked.
That corners you and we don't even know if Molly -really- targeted you.
Not only that, but it's possible Molly did target you and you're town anyway.
Old 03-16-2020, 09:13 AM   #2738
TWG Mathilda
FFR Player

I think it's very much likely the wolves just let boomer go last night because it was pretty damn likely he was going to take that shot on Molly since EoD was primarily between Chief and Molly.
Also may mean that Chrissy's slot is clean too because that probably would have been the other likely shot, or they just took the risk.

If I were a wolf in the senario I'd let boomer do his thing and feel pretty confident he'd be hitting a town/PR and I'd try to kill someone else in town that everyone/majority is reading as such, that's what makes most sense to me personally.

Going to look at all the Molly stuff again.
Old 03-16-2020, 09:22 AM   #2739
TWG Julian
FFR Player

Quote:
Julian, would you agree that:

Wolves Roleblocker blocked Boomer.
Some random wolf NK'd Molly.
Boomer's target was also Molly.
He cannot know his shot was blocked.
That corners you and we don't even know if Molly -really- targeted you.
Not only that, but it's possible Molly did target you and you're town anyway.
do i agree that it's possible or do i agree that it happened? it's possible but very very very very unlikely, and i don't agree in that being the version of events. can't understand why they'd kill molly there if they were PR hunting when others have openly softed

i think they assumed the doc blocked boomer the night before this and wouldn't be able to protect him again, and they were wrong
Old 03-16-2020, 09:24 AM   #2740
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
do i agree that it's possible or do i agree that it happened? it's possible but very very very very unlikely, and i don't agree in that being the version of events. can't understand why they'd kill molly there if they were PR hunting when others have openly softed

i think they assumed the doc blocked boomer the night before this and wouldn't be able to protect him again, and they were wrong
Molly was the bigger threat because Blocker can stop an entire NK or the Roleblocker.
Boomer is a lesser threat because he can be roleblocked infinitely.
Doc doesn't stop a roleblock. Doc only stop the NK.
Closed Thread