Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-2-2008, 02:07 PM   #23
psychopete
Quite electrifying.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychopete
Default Re: FFR Convention: An Epic.

Posting a convention story. Woo. Only because none of you actually care. ;D It's also not very epic or entertaining.

FRIDAY
I leave for the airport around 1:30 and get to the airport at 2:30 due to traffic. My flight left at 4:20, got in at 6:30. So, a boring plane ride next to a bunch of ladies complaining about how they're sitting next to a foreigner (accent =/= foreign some of the time -.-) and how they couldn't smoke on the plane. We're held up at the gate for like 15-20 minutes because they needed to go to another gate. I rush out, wait for Chaz. I suddenly see Drugstore and Sprite, telling me he's a few cars behind. Fast-forward to getting in the car. As soon as Chaz hears me IRL, he's like, "HARRY POTTER! =D" and Jelly was kinda hyper. Hammy, surprisingly, you were quiet, besides for the occasional very hilarious quip. Anyways, we keep getting told by Ricky that we're close by Pinball Pete's, and after a gas station, Chaz runs over a curb and his car is making an AGNRY FAIC >8( for the rest of the trip. We get to Pinball Pete's, and we have epicfuntimez. Afterwards, pizza, and we meet Tass, Nestle, Synth, and others. Once Manti's group comes in, though, I just go over to Flippy and give him a huge hug. <3 He and I sat next to Synth, heheh. Afterwards, back to Pinball Pete's. I lose to Jelleh in air hockey but win against Flipsta (I didn't go easy, not even against my own fiancé, but hell, that was fun xD. The score was tied for most of the game against Jelleh and I won 7-5 against Flippy). Everyone now knows how much I suck at DDR/ITG and Guitar Freaks...yeah. xD Back to the house, where I sleep on a couch and Ken sleeps on the floor next to me (sleeping around 4 AMish). I don't get much sleep because I fell off the couch constantly. :X

SATURDAY
Convention after best breakfast I've ever had on a trip. Epic funtimez. I felt like making a sign that said "NO PLAYING CREEP OR BLACK HOLE SUN. PLAYERS WHO DO SO ARE VIABLE FOR SHANKING. =3" Did some stuff on the cam for a bit (I HAAAAAAAAS A BUCKET!), ate some pocky, met people (BDN, Lonewolf, Rebirth, etc.), sucked at SM and FFR...yeah.

SUNDAY
I almost missed my flight coming back. xD Flippy and I spent the night in the same room (insinuate all you want >.>), and we never heard our alarms go off. So, we were supposed to leave at 7 and woke up at 7:37. Drugstore was giving me a ride to the airport, so I rushed to get ready (forgot my FFR shirt and nearly forgot my phone, iPod and wallet). We sped down the highway with Sprite and Drugstore. At the airport, got my boarding pass, as normal. I didn't have any liquids, so I thought security would be a breeze. Who knew that not having my social security card and them not actually looking at my permit and medical card would make me get additional screening? But by the time I got through security, I had five minutes to get from gate 56 to gate 23 in Detroit Metro Airport. I ran like the wind, and got there with a minute left to get on the plane. Then, when I got back, got a coffee and got picked up by my friend's Radiohead fan of a father. I heard Creep like 6 more times before getting home.

Last edited by psychopete; 04-2-2008 at 02:11 PM..
psychopete is offline   Reply With Quote