Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 12:40 AM   #41
Kefit
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kefit
Default Re: TWG XXXI: Postgame

Confusing?

This was one of the most straightforward TWGs I have ever seen. A lot of this is attributable to Talis' luck in seering though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seinno
and also thank you everone for clearing it up for me I will try to start using my two hands iv tried quit a bit i put my left hand index and middle finger middle finger is on the up arrow index on on left arrow and right hand i use my index for the down button and middle for the right button does that seem weird?
Old 05-22-2006, 01:14 AM   #42
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

with judas and saulus out iggy had no chance of winning, stretchy. If wolves wolf him, they know (not for certain, but it would be probable, given an alliance in place that iggy wouldn't be guarded) who iggy is and they know that eventually they have to kill him. If iggy is lynched, the humans know who he is and that they have to kill him.

Best case scenario for vampire/serial killer to win solo would be if he were wolfed and judas and saulus didn't come out. Otherwise, it's very very hard and requires luck on the vamp's part and stupidity on the humans'.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:18 AM   #43
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

Whoa, this game is over? I could barely remember that I was actually in this game...

Hooray for being killed Night 1 for my second game in a row. And actually being seered. Too bad they couldn't have been separate.

Viva la TWG 32!

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
Old 05-22-2006, 10:50 AM   #44
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda

Well, the super-uncloseting-madness hinders red victory, but still doesn't make it impossible. Masons were introduced to create a human alliance that didn't have to be formed by role-revealing, and wolves beat them, too.

I would have LOOOOOOOOVED to be the serial killer. He could have said he was resurrected because he's the seer and the guardian knew, and hope both the guardian and the seer were dead. Had Iggy NOT come out, by the time the final wolf was dead, most of the humans had already been killed for him. It would have just been a matter of playing well to avoid suspicion and continuing to pick off humans.

Yeah, it's a hard role, especially when you have to explain being killed and brought back to life, but it's not impossible and it's an insult to the host to just give up like that.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:24 AM   #45
Wilkin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Wilkin

The Judas/Saulus switch probably could've only worked if one of them contacted one of the seer'd wolves before they were lynched to get out a word to the others. The only problems with that is that they might accidentally spill the entire plan to a framed human, and that it would take some convincing to make the wolves believe their story.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:04 PM   #46
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

The Judas/Saulus switch was MY idea... and I am well aware at how far-fetched it is. I only posted about it because my plan had completely backfired by that point (Thanks Kefit), and it was a small attempt to cause doubt in who Judas/Saulus were.

Looking back, I probably should have tried to keep Wilkin quiet day 1. He came to me a few minutes before he posted, telling me he was Judas. I thought my plan was solid, so I didn't want to risk revealing myself to him when he was on the human team, in case he decided to not think logically.

But chances were, had I told him who I was, he would have kept quiet. We would have then attacked him night 2, and Kefit wouldn't have come out either... Because otherwise, he then goes and reveals me as a wolf... we go and turn him anyway out of spite, and he's now ****ed his own team over.

I regretted it pretty quickly.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:22 PM   #47
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

making host voting now.. pm me game ideas.

Old 05-22-2006, 01:42 PM   #48
Wilkin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Wilkin

Yeah, I figured I didn't lose anything by telling you no matter what team you were on. If you told me you were a wolf, I would've kept quiet, and the game would've been a lot different. Especially since without the other two roles out there, Iggy might've kept quiet about coming out, too.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:11 PM   #49
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Yea... was dumb on my part. Fooey.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:41 PM   #50
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Tass, you're just not a very good wolf. That's all.

Had you not been on my team this game, and I actually cared enough to really try hard, I would have been pushing so hard for your lynch. That "what if the resurrection roles somehow switched before coming out" was so farfetch'd that the only possible reason to mention it would be if you were a wolf trying to cast doubt. I don't see why it took you being seer'd to have you lynched.

Also, this game pretty much showed that framing isn't a good counter to the seer either. The way it was played was that if the seering came back wolf, that person was lynched no matter what. We only got lucky with Guido, and even that didn't help much at all.

Really, I think the next game should be blueless, or maybe just like the game I hosted a while back with blind guardings. It seems that every game these days is won thanks to an alliance and when run effectively with a blue, it's really hard to beat.

Oh. Another idea I had just now. Increase wolf count up to like 5 or something, but leave all alliance possibilities open. That would actually give the wolves a fighting chance(while keeping the number of human players the same, of course).
Old 05-22-2006, 02:48 PM   #51
MiniNeo
FFR Player

hay guys

so I was kinda like gone at the last few days of the game

im bak now

hi

PS Thanks tails for seering me, <3 kilga =D
Old 05-22-2006, 02:55 PM   #52
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniNeo
hay guys

so I was kinda like gone at the last few days of the game

im bak now

hi

PS Thanks tails for seering me, <3 kilga =D
wtf you were playing?
Old 05-22-2006, 03:00 PM   #53
MiniNeo
FFR Player

LOL.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:02 PM   #54
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkin
If you told me you were a wolf, I would've kept quiet, and the game would've been a lot different. Especially since without the other two roles out there, Iggy might've kept quiet about coming out, too.
That would have been better. As far as coming out being stupid, it was really my only chance of winning at any level this game. I was the only unknown RR and it wouldn't have been hard to figure me out if I was wolfed. I would have to wait a day or two before using my power to avoid suspicion from wolves (if I was wolfed). And it would be game over if I was lynched.

So I did what was in my best interest to win. Yea I wasted the role, but I don't think it's a very good role to begin with. It's interesting and different yes, but the whole aspect of it has to have too many things happen perfectly to pull it off.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:18 PM   #55
talisman
Resident Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tass
The Judas/Saulus switch was MY idea... and I am well aware at how far-fetched it is. I only posted about it because my plan had completely backfired by that point (Thanks Kefit), and it was a small attempt to cause doubt in who Judas/Saulus were.
YES. This I do remember noticing, and just like afro said, being "wtf... why is tass trying to rain on this parade?" I think kefit might have even posted about that as well?

But I don't think you're all that bad as a wolf, but you were pretty off this game. That game with alain though you had me fooled.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:12 PM   #56
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

That game with Alain was funny... and I worked it well because I was attacking. Just happened that I knew the person I was attacking was a wolf, which made it all the easier to make the attack.

And, Chardish and I were talking about a week ago... we feel pretty strongly that all future games with 16 players should have 4 wolves instead of 3. It just isn't balanced anymore with 16/3. And adding an extra wolf is the easiest way to correct the balance issue. Much easier that ****ing with the blue roles.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:21 PM   #57
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot
Much easier that ****ing with the blue roles.
I know, but I just plain don't like blues. This game should be about deduction, not about who can guess at who's a wolf without much reason, then have it confirmed or denied the next day.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:00 PM   #58
User6773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot
And, Chardish and I were talking about a week ago... we feel pretty strongly that all future games with 16 players should have 4 wolves instead of 3.
Agreed, but I'm keeping it at 3 for my game concept because I think that having 4 would make it way too likely for the wolves to find the statue and the wolves already have a stronger chance of finding it than a human working by himself.

Old 05-22-2006, 07:05 PM   #59
talisman
Resident Penguin

16 players 4 wolves no blues cardflipping.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:31 PM   #60
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

random roles no one can come out ... that's all that's needed me or ap will do it, he'll run it

Closed Thread