Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 06:36 PM   #81
Corraiv
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Corraiv

Ok, I'd just like to sum up all the great ideas people are coming up with and add some of my own.

Graphics
It's true, some, like I, have in our possession horrible, horrible, graphic cards and processors. The current quality selection doesn't explain much. If Remix is to be downloadable, then more detail could be put in to customize the game to better suit those with different processing abilities.
Such as, at one of the setup screens, it would ask "What processor do you have?" and "What graphics card?" If that is too complicated, I suppose the number scale for the quality settings would work, but it should list what features are to be turned off. Even better, you should be able to choose what features you want to turn off, like the background, the background animation, and maybe even the arrows flashing to the type of beat it is(1/16, etc.).
Basically, much more customizability and features. One may be able to change the background to a low-res image, or make it animated for those processors that can handle it. Remix should try not to leave everybody out, if it's going to be graphically intense. Stepmania and DWI already use up 90% of my resources as it is everytime I load them, and I would have thought a P4 would help. I suppose I need more RAM.
I think you guys have got the high score and result screen thing covered, but I'd just like to say I like the idea of different rankings and a way to get better screenshots, or even an online way to take screenshots so your skeptical friend won't think you photoshopped it.

Gameplay
If Remix, or the current FFR would really want to be truly different, breaking away from the DDR style might be worth experimenting with. The hexagon style arrow placing I read on of the posts here sounds interesting, maybe even effective, but probably only as one of the modes. I mean, DDR now has the 6-arrow pad and other dancing games are following suit. People cry out for harder difficulty, this is one way to give it to them. Not necessarily hexagon style, but the fact that FFR already supports 3-4 arrows at once takes advantage that one has 10 fingers and only 2 feet. This should be taken advantage of.
The miss system, if we look at it from every angle, really ought to go to the 'Offbeat system.' Why? Look at it this way. I realize people want to continue to the beat of the song, so they won't mess up, and making it so hitting an arrow not on the playing field and no input would only make things easier. But to use the offbeat system, the songs themselves have the duty to beat on-beat. It's probably the best idea, since I'd rather be flowing through a song with the offbeat miss system than having random hand spasms on an offbeat song with the current miss system.
Different features to the arrows. Since I am not rather imaginative, I give the example of the hold arrows on some dancing games/sims. Modifiers, I think thats what I was trying to say. A place would be needed where people can suggest modifiers and maybe a separate table for high scores for certain modifiers, like blinking arrows or random suddens. Those could apply to all songs, rather than slowing/speeding up songs which could both hinder or help someone to play through a song. And to expand on the high score situation, The log-in names should be used as the input, because even if we made it so high-scores rewrite each other, people could just input a new name. Maybe you guys already had that in mind. But then theres the problem with different log-ins, but since I don't see that as a major problem, I'll leave that up to whatever happens in the future.
Oh yeah, and the dance pad allows for countless imaginative ideas for songs and more excitement.

Now, the chasoise grandeux, Music
I see some suggestions like "I want this song, or these should be removed!" And honestly, most people just ignore them for the most part. To summarize this situation, I will outright say that this is where the community comes in. A way to send in songs and make sure they aren't copyrighted must be in order, rather than just use 'secret songs'. The fact is, if people should find a song they like, they had better get the rights to use it and provide empirical proof that it's legal. Its not like the type of song matters, like people wanting anime songs or different genres, but don't do anything that will get FFR removed for good. Now that you have the rights, make sure the arrows are on-beat or whatnot.
Maybe there could be an in-game mode where you can test other players .dwi files or if Remix should have .ffr files(which i think it should) instead of a forum where you just send them by e-mail. To keep things legal, the players would have to download the song themselves, but this makes things much more fun.

I have to do homework; I hope someone at leasts tries to read over this.
Thanks, ~
Old 02-23-2003, 06:45 PM   #82
Corraiv
FFR Player

Default Oh yes...

Oh yeah, I probably forgot a lot, but I'm sure everyone reads through everything.. and

I just thought of something.
For a stepfile creation mode, what would be REALLy innovative is to play the song, but with no arrows, but you create the arrows as you go. It could help build a solid framework, of course you might have to find the bpm/fps first, but that shouldn't be too hard with WinBPM or anything similar.

And you know the two lines that shoot out from the sides if you have hit a good/perfect beat? I'm not too sure of the original purpose, but if you moved it up a bit, maybe to the sides of the arrows, and had different colors for perfect or good and none for below that, that way it works on your subconscious as sort of a better way to tell you if you're onbeat or not, rather than having to look farther down then where you'd normally look, i.e. the middle of the FFR screen to read the arrow ratings. I wonder if that is hard to understand, play it and you'll see what I mean. Also, the huge combo numbers make me paranoid as they go past 200... I mean really.. could we lower them or put them in a corner? So.. paranoid.. they're out to get me.. oh my god!

Ok, My eyes are starting to burn, lemme go get some lemon juice to help clear that up..
Old 02-24-2003, 12:32 PM   #83
NessTormented
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to NessTormented Send a message via AIM to NessTormented Send a message via MSN to NessTormented Send a message via Yahoo to NessTormented

Where am i find WinBPM? the songs i make are haywire sometimes, and offbeat...

Also, you wrote alot. I am sure Synth will aprrectiate to that much because of the time you were take to write it.

We should have also an option to really try a song again. That way, if you are fail a song, you can do it again without having to click try again, section, then load the song again. It would be help a little bit...
Old 02-24-2003, 03:23 PM   #84
Freak83
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Wow corraiv. I've never seen anyone write so much in one reply. You should get an award for that.
Old 02-25-2003, 02:49 PM   #85
CMCAdvanced
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to CMCAdvanced Send a message via Yahoo to CMCAdvanced

Corraiv wins the super duper magnificent, ultra man, mega man, outrageous, monster, boomtastic, lathery award for most written in a single article.

Kudos.
Old 02-25-2003, 02:52 PM   #86
CMCAdvanced
FFR Player

I just realized something!

Workout mode would be cool. For people with a dance pad (if it gets supported) would be able to play this mode to not only have fun, but get fit too.

Did that sound original?
Old 02-25-2003, 05:24 PM   #87
SotN
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SotN

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMCAdvanced
Corraiv wins the super duper magnificent, ultra man, mega man, outrageous, monster, boomtastic, lathery award for most written in a single article.

Kudos.
I've seen bigger posts. Much bigger, but it was in a flame war over the dynamics of Fighting Games.
Old 02-25-2003, 06:43 PM   #88
Corraiv
FFR Player

Default Lol, workout mode

Workout mode - now that IS original. Think of the ideas!
I'm literally glistening with hope!
Well, to an extent.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:35 PM   #89
nestlekwik
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to nestlekwik

Workout modes are featured in many of the home versions of DDR.
Old 02-26-2003, 09:06 AM   #90
NessTormented
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to NessTormented Send a message via AIM to NessTormented Send a message via MSN to NessTormented Send a message via Yahoo to NessTormented

wee sohould have an award forum for awards that people are may win.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:25 AM   #91
nestlekwik
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to nestlekwik

Synth should throw an awards banquet at his house on the one-year anniversary of FFR.
Old 02-26-2003, 01:42 PM   #92
CMCAdvanced
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SotN
I've seen bigger posts. Much bigger, but it was in a flame war over the dynamics of Fighting Games.
Losers, perhaps?

You didn't join them RIGHT.
Old 02-26-2003, 01:44 PM   #93
CMCAdvanced
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by nestlekwik
Workout modes are featured in many of the home versions of DDR.
I know. I was being sarcastic.

Don't feel bad. A lot don't understand me completely.
Old 02-26-2003, 06:13 PM   #94
Yanah
Banned

Default Polka

Who can't dance to a little polka??
Old 02-26-2003, 07:06 PM   #95
NessTormented
FFR Player

Polka... I am hate polka. too slow and pointless.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:48 AM   #96
toapro
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to toapro
Default vs. mode :)

i dont know if this could be possible but im sure you can pull it off somehow...maybe you could make it so people can play against each other via the internet....like i could play against some ffr expert in ohio while im in my room in NC. that would be so fun...well i wont blame you if you cant make this possible but it would be freaking awesome.
Old 02-28-2003, 09:24 PM   #97
guitarist182
FFR Player

Default DWI File Support

If you guys over there could implement just being able to open DWI files and finding their mp3 and picture, then any song correctly made could be played!

The reason for this is because at school, we have those piece of shit Macs! I run Internet Explorer 5.1 (and at home I have 6!) at school and FFR is the only simulator I can use. You guys don't even consider it a simulator!

If this feature were implemented, I would just need to provide the DWI file and its corresponding files (by the Open File dialog box) to play any song at all, which means official DDR songs!

Here's a list of features I would love to see in remix #2:

-DWI file support (if made correctly)
-More accurate timing
-No counting misses! (The arcade never does that!)
-More extra stages!
-Solo mode and double mode
-Versus mode via the Internet with another person over the site
-Arcade-style look
-Announcers
-Challenge, Heavy, Standard, and Light modes
-Random shuffling of arrows mode
-The modification menu like at the arcade by holding the Enter button down when selecting a song
-Remapable buttons through cookies
-Full-screen mode
-AutoPlay for when I don't have a pad (e.g.: school!)
-An easy mode for Hellbeat!

That's it. Of course, that's too much work for any developers to do in one version, but if you guys want to compete against the best DDR simulators out there, you need all this. I bet you don't want to though.

At the very least, I would love to see DWI file support.

Remember that StepMania does all this!
Old 02-28-2003, 11:43 PM   #98
Freak83
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

FFR is different from Stepmania... if Stepmania suits your needs better, than that is the simulator which you should use. FFR on the other hand is supposed to have a different look and style. So depending on which simulator you use, you will have a different layout.
Old 03-2-2003, 10:17 AM   #99
JeffAndonuts
FFR Player

I've only skimmed through a couple pages so please don't get mad at me if I repeat a suggestion.

I think the rating system should be tweaked. The parantheses are sometimes hard to read, so I suggest just writing a number. Also, I would love it if you made the rating out of 20 so people could more accurately gauge a song's difficulty. The ratings should be a bit more precise because I can see a difference in most songs with the same rating.

Also, have a tutorial level. I introduced this to 3 friends and 2 of them are having trouble but the only two levels they can practice at all is Seattle's Finest and the Mario level. The tutorial level should be split into different lessons, like double arrows, timing, etc.

A volume control would be great because as someone else said, my volume on the lowest level is still loud and It's hard to fix it in the sound control menu because my computer is a little screwy.

Also, make a full screen option. All it would be is FFR in a window with a black background. This could cut distractions because sometimes the light menu on the website can get annoying and hard on my eyes if I've been playing FFR for a long time.

There's a small glitch in the top scores. When on the FFR song selection screen and I open a high score list to a song, if I were to go to another it would show the same high score list for the first song I checked.
For example: I see the high scores to the Mario level, then I go to the FF7 level and check the high scores, the Mario level scores will come up again.

I hope everything I said made sense, and that you take these ideas into consideration.
Old 03-2-2003, 10:53 AM   #100
Spazzbite
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Spazzbite Send a message via MSN to Spazzbite Send a message via Yahoo to Spazzbite
Default Re: DWI File Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarist182
If you guys over there could implement just being able to open DWI files and finding their mp3 and picture, then any song correctly made could be played!

The reason for this is because at school, we have those piece of (#$% Macs! I run Internet Explorer 5.1 (and at home I have 6!) at school and FFR is the only simulator I can use. You guys don't even consider it a simulator!

If this feature were implemented, I would just need to provide the DWI file and its corresponding files (by the Open File dialog box) to play any song at all, which means official DDR songs!

Here's a list of features I would love to see in remix #2:

-DWI file support (if made correctly)
-More accurate timing
-No counting misses! (The arcade never does that!)
-More extra stages!
-Solo mode and double mode
-Versus mode via the Internet with another person over the site
-Arcade-style look
-Announcers
-Challenge, Heavy, Standard, and Light modes
-Random shuffling of arrows mode
-The modification menu like at the arcade by holding the Enter button down when selecting a song
-Remapable buttons through cookies
-Full-screen mode
-AutoPlay for when I don't have a pad (e.g.: school!)
-An easy mode for Hellbeat!

That's it. Of course, that's too much work for any developers to do in one version, but if you guys want to compete against the best DDR simulators out there, you need all this. I bet you don't want to though.

At the very least, I would love to see DWI file support.

Remember that StepMania does all this!
Do you realize that FFR is a FLASH game? And Synth is trying to keep FFR as original as possible. The timing accuracy is just a thing of human error if it is a bit off, and who can honestly say they've never made mistakes before? The DWI file support, unless something new has been added to flash that I havent realized, is something flash is incapable of doing. Remember that this game is harder to create, add on, and maintain than it looks.
Closed Thread