Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2003, 09:41 PM   #1
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds
Default Ghosts, anybody?

How bout them? Moreover, do you believe they exist? Do you think they can be malicious? Opinions, stories...

Mal

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 10:35 PM   #2
JustJono
FFR Player

Read about demons. They're quite interesting.
Mischievous, 2 dimensional, black figures running around your peripheral vision. I don't mind ghosts though.

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Jono.asp
JustJono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 10:46 PM   #3
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

Those are... uh... geeze... I think they're called shadows. I think. I dunno though. I have read about them before...

I think I've seen some, too. Creepy fuckers.

Mal

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 11:12 PM   #4
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

I believe in ghosts. Though probably most of my fear at scary times are just manifested by myself thinking that something's out there invisible that wants something from me (my soul?), believeing keeps life from being dull.
What was that one MTV show where they sent people to supernatural areas for college money? That show was awesome.
Omeganitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 10:01 AM   #5
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

I dont have much time to respond, im in school (computer programming)
I dont belive in ghosts, but i belive in optical illusions
people might see reflections of light, or the wind blow something
they might make them belive what they see as something that its not.

Thats my take, but, yeah!
Old 12-16-2003, 11:31 AM   #6
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

I keep going back to this...but I don't believe in 'ghosts', per se. I believe that remmnants of the human mind can be left behind, or make a virtual 'mindprint' on whatever it is that they are now 'haunting'. I think that ghosts are nothing more than powerful mental projections by the deceased.
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 12:19 PM   #7
Freak83
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

I think that there is just so many stories of ghost sightings and hauntings it's impossible for them not to be true. I'm not saying all of them are true, but some of them have to be... There's way too many.
Freak83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 02:21 PM   #8
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak83
I think that there is just so many stories of ghost sightings and hauntings it's impossible for them not to be true. I'm not saying all of them are true, but some of them have to be... There's way too many.
so are you saying alieans are real?
because there have been tons of sightings too, and a lot of people say their true!
Old 12-16-2003, 04:30 PM   #9
RobbyZero
FFR Player

Don't believe in them but I believe some people may be able to sense their presence and stuff...
RobbyZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 04:35 PM   #10
IAMTHEEVILBEAN
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to IAMTHEEVILBEAN

I dont think they exist......like in my post in the paranornmal

I think they exist....but are in a giant room somewhere where everyone has a TV screen......they can watch whoever they want and press buttons that say like "say hello*

thats how all the nutjobs are all like "I TALKED tO MY GRANDMA"

fact
IAMTHEEVILBEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 04:41 PM   #11
heyhey11
FFR Player

they dont exist
heyhey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 04:43 PM   #12
Cenright
You thought I was a GUY?!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Location: Beaumont (A town with 25 times fewer people than this site)
Send a message via AIM to Cenright Send a message via MSN to Cenright Send a message via Yahoo to Cenright

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightdarkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak83
so are you saying alieans are real?
because there have been tons of sightings too, and a lot of people say their true!
Sorry, but most of those people WANT to see them and so their mind actually gives them small things to hold on to. You would look at the same thing, and while they say they KNOW it was a ghost, you pretty much think it was the shadow of a cat walking by. Your mind does this all the time.

EX.
You are reading through text really quickly and when you go back, you see that a few of the longer words are ones that you had mistaken for different words. You saw a few letters and your mind filled in the rest. When you look back, you wonder how you ever mistook the word for another because, except for a feel letters and the length of the word, it wasn't similar at all.

(Ghosts aren't real. Alcohol and Marijuana are.)
Cenright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 04:51 PM   #13
User6773

I was taking a seminar about memory once. This seems off-topic at the moment but it will get interesting. Turns out people have an "audible memory" and a "cognitive memory" (i think that's what the last one is called.) Basically, the audible memory records stuff you've heard and cognitive memory records stuff you've experienced yourself. So basically, if the cognitive memory kicks in when you're recalling stuff, then you're telling the truth.

Remember the sniper attacks in D.C.? And how everyone thought there was a white van involved, when there was no white van? They did tests of the brain waves of those people and found that they really hadn't witnessed a white van, they just thought they had witnessed a white van. The cognitive memory hadn't kicked in.

I hope I remembered all that stuff correctly

But this relates to the ghost/alien thing in this manner: If you want to believe something bad enough, it is possible to keep telling yourself it's true to the point where you will actually think it's true.
Old 12-16-2003, 04:54 PM   #14
JustJono
FFR Player

Or the other way around. Ghosts (if you believe in them) may have been seen by many people, but those people may have been too busy or zoned out to realize what they had just seen.

Ok, kind of the other way around~

Old 12-17-2003, 09:54 AM   #15
Falcon
FFR Player

heres another example of your mind controlling how you perceive things.

think about how it feels to have a bug crawling on you. now, start to think that there is one crawling on your shoulder. if you do this for several seconds... you will actually feel like there is something there and have the urge to brush the imaginary bug off. its kinda weird.

ghosts are an interesting thing to think about. i've seen lots of shows and read several things online about encounters people have had, many of which have really gotten me thinking. some of the mysteries are somewhat explained in the paranormal post, but things like "seeing a girl that has been dead for 50 years in the window of an old sanitorium" and stuff like that still seems a little out there. either, in my opinion, people or making things up to gain some sort of fame for themselves or for the place that has a "ghost", seeing things because there mind is telling them they are, or there is really something going on. for whoever said something about that MTV show, i remember it. dont remember the name, but it was really interesting. i would say a vast majority of that was mind games, considering they were basically goin underground into the pitch darkness of an old warehouse (or whatever) with meters that were telling them that there was paranormal activity around them. still, if anyone has anything definitive to say about this stuff or any websites, i'd read it.

heres something one of my buddies posted thats pretty interesting...
http://www.prairieghosts.com/waverly_tb.html
Old 12-18-2003, 10:35 AM   #16
ringluver
FFR Player

i know they are real i have seen one in my house i knife floting stabing our turkey on thanksgiving

I LIKE YOU

when the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.
ringluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 12:25 PM   #17
HNJhack
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HNJhack

ok, i'pretty sure that nobody has saidthis yet, but here is my thoery. they don't exist. personally i think that it is just an illusion of the mind/eyes. here is a good example of how the mind fucks with your vision.

everyone has a blind spot in each eye. it varies from person to person, but it is there. if you sit faceing a wall of one color and hold your hand out, with your thumb up, and slowly move it across the plane of vision, it must be in your periferal view! The top part of your thumb will dissapear. and you will just see the wall instead. it is the mind filling in the blank spot, this could cause people to "see ghosts". ^_^

- 無秩序の神
HNJhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 12:28 PM   #18
ringluver
FFR Player

weall have our own thoughts

I LIKE YOU

when the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.
ringluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 02:18 PM   #19
Scarlette
FFR Player

Ghosts don't exist, but spirits do.

They can be evil or good.

ROCK FOR LIFE
Scarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 05:02 PM   #20
JustJono
FFR Player

I use the term ghost for spirits. I use the word spirit orbs for orbs.