Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2008, 02:34 PM   #1
FallenXxRaven
FFR Player

Default PayPal help.

Is there anything around the internet I could do to make money on PayPal? I've looked and didnt find anything too legit looking but I figured it wouldnt hurt to ask the FFR community
Chris Huntress 1:37 pm
I aaa'd vROFL
without any lube
FallenXxRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:37 PM   #2
xXDominationxLyfexX
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to xXDominationxLyfexX Send a message via MSN to xXDominationxLyfexX
Default Re: PayPal help.

Maybe ask someone trustworthy on FFR for some sort of job you could do for them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
[1:39:07 PM] synthlight says: The answer is.. because version .786 has a sun in it.
[1:39:23 PM] Tasselfoot says: i don't get it.
[1:39:37 PM] synthlight says: you are not supposed to.
xXDominationxLyfexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:39 PM   #3
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

what do you mean by "make money on paypal"... paypal is a company that provides a secure money sending service, like western union. they take a small fee to make money for themselves, and then they'll securely transfer money from you to someone or from someone to you.

if you mean... what can you do on the internet to make money that can be sent to me via paypal.... that is a whole different question, although one that makes more sense. and, really, you're only limited by your own creativity and ability.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:42 PM   #4
FallenXxRaven
FFR Player

Tass: I mean kind of like a job, but instead of getting a check i get money sent to my PayPal.
Also no point is wasting a thread- Any reason my downloads will start off at 150 kb/s and end up down at 20-40 a minute later?
Chris Huntress 1:37 pm
I aaa'd vROFL
without any lube
FallenXxRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:45 PM   #5
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Fallen: There are plenty of work-at-home type jobs.... although many are scams or really crappy. You would need to do some research into it to find something legit and worthwhile.

About the downloads.... that is highly typical. Almost always, when you first connect to a site for a DL, you'll be getting near a max speed, but as you continue, you'll taper off to more of an average one. I'm not a technical enough guy to know the exact specifics... but it's very typical for that to happen.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:16 PM   #6
MalDON
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MalDON

I will send you 5 dollars via paypal if you can find a picture of a walrus playing rock band. And no, it can't be 'shopped.
MalDON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:36 PM   #7
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Ive heard of this thing where you can click links and get like 2 cents per link and can easily make 70 dollars a month on spare time. If it sounds appealing i could ask the guy i know who does it.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:04 PM   #8
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Those are -usually- but not always scams.

The way they seem to work is some guy goes "Hey company, I can get you tons of clicks a day, if you pay me 5 cents per click" and they go "Sounds good"

Then he goes "Hey, come click these links and I'll give you 2 cents per click!" and we go "Sounds good"

So we click, he gets 5 cents, passes 2 cents to us and theoretically everyone wins.

Except that even if he pays us, which he might not, he's not doing any clicking on his own, so he has no incentive whatsoever to ensure that the people he's offering to work for have legit ads. Maybe they have spyware, maybe they have viruses, maybe they have keyloggers. Since he has no reason to find out, and we have no real way to ask, and it woudln't be anyone's fault but our own for clicking the links, I really don't find it worth it.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:01 PM   #9
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

You could always try selling creative things on eBay. I've seen people sell essentially nothing, but as the auction drags out they add creative storyline and say they'll only tell more if the bids go up. You'd be surprised what people would bid on some stupid **** on eBay.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote