Old 09-1-2008, 12:13 PM   #41
funmonkey54
The Chill Keeper
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to funmonkey54
Default Re: Who divided by 0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFD View Post
What makes him a failure at all? As far as I know, he knows exactly what college he's going to, and what he's doing after that. He's got his life planned out.
As do I. What makes me a failure?

BTW,

College: Indiana Wesleyan University

Old 09-1-2008, 12:13 PM   #42
RubiedCross
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to RubiedCross

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
Holy **** I've been taking this to PM's but seriously...Funmonkey and NFD...take it to PM's to because seriously...this thread is stupid as ****.
This is much more fun

I mean, come on, LD didn't even lock the thread.
Old 09-1-2008, 12:17 PM   #43
Artic_counter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

yay ! Flaming thread ! I'm so in xP (jk)

Quote:
When will you stop pushing your religion on people? You're just making Christianity seem like a lot like Communism.
What I see there is that your trying to make him drop his religion because you're not able to understand it.

That's what i see though.

Old 09-1-2008, 12:21 PM   #44
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD

I do understand Christianity, but it's just so...biased. I used to go to church with my friend Jon and his family, but I stopped, because it was just ignorant. I'd spend the night, we'd wake up at 6, get ready, listen to Christian 'rock' on the way, and then sing for about half an hour, then sit for another 2, while a guy preached about something, that he had probably preached about a month ago. Christianity is too repetitive. The reason they say sermons over and over so much is they have nothing new to speak about.

And when I told my friend Jon that I was gay, he and his entire family shunned me. They blocked my phone number, and everything, and whenever I saw him at school, he just kind of went somewhere else. So basically Christianity made me lose one of my best friends, so I like to think I have a perfectly good reason to hate Christianity and the people who practice it.

Last edited by NFD; 09-1-2008 at 12:24 PM..
Old 09-1-2008, 12:25 PM   #45
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
I do understand Christianity, but it's just so...biased. I used to go to church with my friend Jon and his family, but I stopped, because it was just ignorant. I'd spend the night, we'd wake up at 6, get ready, listen to Christian 'rock' on the way, and then sing for about half an hour, then sit for another 2, while a guy preached about something, that he had probably preached about a month ago. Christianity is too repetitive. The reason they say sermons over and over so much is they have nothing new to speak about.

And when I told my friend Jon that I was gay, he and his entire family shunned me. They blocked my phone number, and everything, and whenever I saw him at school, he just kind of went somewhere else. So basically Christianity made me lose one of my best friends, so I like to think I have a perfectly good reason to hate Christianity and the people who practice it.
Gayness made you lose your friends not Christianity.
Old 09-1-2008, 12:28 PM   #46
RubiedCross
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I guess I will put a little input into the Christian part of this thread.

Christianity, as NFD said, can be biased. It can be repetitive, and so on. But there is one thing about Christianity. Christianity has been around for about 2000 years. The Jewish religion has been around even longer. And, correct me if I'm wrong, I doubt ANYTHING could last 2000 years without being twisted to man's needs (Other than, say, scientific law. But this is religion, based on FAITH, and NOTHING can prove FAITH, as that's it's key characteristic.). So, with that, there are plenty of churches and denominations of Christianity that are almost completely man-made. Most ALL denominations of Christianity have a man-made prospect in them. Also, being around for so long, it's hard NOT to repeat something that's already been preached.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Christianity has many different parts and people, and you can't group it all as one. That's like saying (sorry) "All black people are stupid". No I'm not racist, I'm just using this as an example. Saying something like that can't be said. Sure, there are some black people that are stupid, but there are also white people that are stupid too. NO religion can be grouped as a whole, and therefore can't really be argued about.

Now, I'm sure you guys have said a lot more by the time I started writing this, but whatever. I hope that someone can at least understand what I say.

EDIT:: @ NFD and the gay part, I understand where you are coming from. I myself am Christian, and I know that my religion preaches AGAINST gays, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't stop being friend's with gay people. If they are my friend, It wouldn't make any difference if they one day said "I'm gay". So really, you can't place that all on Christianity either. Only the people you can really blame, I guess. I can accept someone being, gay, even though I might try to convince them otherwise. I would try my best, but if they are persistant that's what they want, I won't say any more, as there wouldn't be any more for me to say.

Last edited by RubiedCross; 09-1-2008 at 12:31 PM..
Old 09-1-2008, 12:28 PM   #47
NFD
FFR Player

Just one friend, and no. His parents told him that, and I was with them when they said this, "God hates homosexuals"
Old 09-1-2008, 12:29 PM   #48
phe0nixblade
Praise the sun mofo
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Holy **** I've been taking this to PM's but seriously...Funmonkey and NFD...take it to PM's to because seriously...this thread is stupid as ****.
yeah cause the furries
Old 09-1-2008, 12:30 PM   #49
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Just one friend, and no. His parents told him that, and I was with them when they said this, "God hates homosexuals"
I apologize and yeah that's just wrong. Good thing those people aren't your friend any more.

Last edited by Coolboyrulez0; 09-1-2008 at 12:33 PM..
Old 09-1-2008, 12:31 PM   #50
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 View Post
Gayness made you lose your friends not Christianity.
Ignorant Christian views made him lose a friend...not his sexuality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funmonkey54 View Post
As do I. What makes me a failure?

BTW,

College: Indiana Wesleyan University
What makes you a failure is you act like you're ****ing 12 years old and won't even read my PM's but continue to flame like a god damn retard. Seriously, I don't even know what the **** you're trying to do anymore. For the love of god kill yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funmonkey54 View Post
Key words there in bold.
And therefore, I agree. I could be a unique failure, and he is a unique failure.
Please tell me how I'm a unique failure? I can't call your reasons idiotic and stupid until I hear them.

I hate ****ing doing this but when you ******s won't even read my PM's it urks me. You guys seriously need to grow the **** up or go to Gaia online.
Old 09-1-2008, 12:31 PM   #51
Artic_counter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
That's your way of seeing it but I still think that you don't fully understand it because you find it boring. Every kind of Religion is extremly interesting because of the hiddens morals, the way of seeing things, etc... Instead of thinking that it's boring, try to understand why there is some people that find it interesting.

Quote:
Ignorant Christian views made him lose a friend...not his sexuality.
There is a lot of ingnorant religious people. I agree with you but there are some that truely understand religion

Last edited by Artic_counter; 09-1-2008 at 12:35 PM..
Old 09-1-2008, 12:34 PM   #52
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artic_counter View Post
That's your way of seeing it but I still think that you don't fully understand it because you find it boring. Every kind of Religion is extremly interesting because of the hiddens morals, the way of seeing things, etc... Instead of thinking that it's boring, try to understand why there is some people that find it interesting.
Watch Carl Sagan's guide to the Cosmos...Christianity is pretty much dis-proofed and Christians will believe every other part of Science but that which contradicts their own dis-proofed beliefs.

Make a new god damn thread or PM me if you want to continue this because for the love of god this thread is stupid enough.
Old 09-1-2008, 12:34 PM   #53
RubiedCross
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
As for this, from my understanding, God hates NOBODY. But, homosexuality is against the, for lack of a better word, "law" of life, for Christianity. Being gay has no reproductive reason, and I guess that's what "Love" is meant to be used for.

So, he wouldn't HATE you, but you just wouldn't be accepted into heaven (If heaven was real, which I know can't be proven so I can't use it as if it is real. To me it is, but that's just my FAITH.)

But to me, it sounds like your friend is Catholic, as that seems like many of what my Catholic friends are like.
Old 09-1-2008, 12:34 PM   #54
NFD
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 View Post
I apologize and yeah that's just wrong. Good thing those people aren't your friend any more.
But he was a really, really good friend, and his family wasn't bad. I didn't like him like that, just as a friend, but still. It really hurt.

No, he's Christian.
Old 09-1-2008, 12:35 PM   #55
EAGAMES
Y0FACE!
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

This thread went from dividing by 0 and the Gambling system not working to religion and something about Chuck Norris hating homosexuals, or something... wow.
Round 2: 4 Chord Touhou (AAA)
Round 3: October (1.0.0.1)
Round 4: Silly Symphony (1.0.0.0)
Round 5: Hardkore Atomic (4.0.0.1)
Round 6: Blue Rose (2.0.0.0)
Round 7: La Dump (Eliminated for being lazy.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
EA will wander into his house with twenty minutes remaining in the round, load up FFR, realize he needs to ****, go to do so, discover he's hungry, whip up a gourmet meal, return to FFR with five minutes to go, play la camp once, and missflag on the 2154th arrow because scythe of 13 is watching him
Old 09-1-2008, 12:36 PM   #56
MasterOfTheTaco
deer god
FFR Veteran

This thread is so ****ed up rofl. 20 Viewers too.
Old 09-1-2008, 12:41 PM   #57
Artic_counter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Watch Carl Sagan's guide to the Cosmos...Christianity is pretty much dis-proofed and Christians will believe every other part of Science but that which contradicts their own dis-proofed beliefs.

Make a new god damn thread or PM me if you want to continue this because for the love of god this thread is stupid enough.
I don't think this thread is stupid at all

It depends on the beliefs. I find it stupid that someone have so much faiths in their beleifs that they won't accept another's beleifs. Beliefs are made to be contested in my opinion so that we can get closer from the truth. I don't think that everything in the bible is true but I think that what is really important is the messages it gives us.

Old 09-1-2008, 12:42 PM   #58
Sprite-
HAVE ME WITH VODKA
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

You guys are ridiculous.
Closed Thread