Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2007, 11:23 AM   #441
vengefullangel
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to vengefullangel
Default Re: R1 - Actual Song Difficulties V2

I'm going to have to recomend that Switchback be placed in Very Easy near Stay With Me, but since Switchback has a higher BMP it should be placed at a slightly higher difficulty. I AAA'd it on my 6th try, and if it is put in easy then it's going to be in the same category as snowflakes, which I can't AAA, and See You dance, which I still haven't managed to FC (and have given up on because of how much I hate it).

Switchback's patterns are simple, and have basically the same skill requirements as Stay With Me.

Hi Hi19.

AAA breakdown: 0.5-2.5: 75/75 ;3.0: 28/30 (2 BF's);3.5: 29/35
Latest:Story of Snowman V1; Most Appreciated:5 Black Skulls; Video: Eternus Best: Hanabi
Average Rank: 304.9 ; Tier points: 86;Total AAA's: 176

Last edited by vengefullangel; 02-17-2007 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: Saying hi.
vengefullangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 12:04 PM   #442
Shashakiro
TWO THOUZAND COMBO
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Shashakiro

hi: trills are actually easier on pad than on keyboard. That would probably explain it.

And the 24ths make it instantly too hard for a DDR 9 anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogiebear
use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.
Shashakiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 03:04 PM   #443
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

vengeful: the debate has been between a high 3 and a low 4. wouldn't mind more input from not as good players... as it is too hard for us skilled guys to judge appropriately, as we can all AAA it in 1 try without trouble.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:32 PM   #444
Dronak
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Dronak Send a message via Yahoo to Dronak

Tasselfoot, are you talking about having Switchback at high 3 or low 4 (out of 6)? I think I'm more in agreement with vengefullangel on this one. I'm not an expert player, so here's some background and my thoughts.

My average rank is about 3100 or so, I have 11 PCs (2 at 0.5, 7 at 1, 2 at 1.5), 3 black flags (1 at 1.5, 2 at 2), and have FC'ed almost all of the songs up through near the high 3s. Songs at 3.5 and 4 are usually what I use to push myself a bit, but things are typically too hard at 4.5 and up (I mash a lot in them).

I BF'ed Switchback on the 1st attempt, and think my other few tries so far were SDGs. With that and my PC/BF stats, I would place Switchback in the area of high 1.5 to mid/high 2, I guess. From my best scores, my hardest PC is on RainDrops (1.5) and my hardest BF is on Snowflakes (2). I suppose it could be a bit easier than RainDrops or a bit harder than Snowflakes since I don't always get things in order, as you may have guessed from the background stats above.

I'm not sure exactly where the song should go. The tempo isn't that fast, and most of the rhythms are pretty simple quarter and eighth notes. Only a couple of 16ths show up, in what I think is a half note triplet pattern. I think those are the hardest parts of the song, mainly because they break the even quarter/eighth rhythm used everywhere else in the song. They're short and not too hard to catch though, so I might go with a bit easier rather than a bit harder, probably high 1.5 where I have other SDG best scores (I've only got one SDG best at 2).

I know that's a lot, but that's how I usually post. I hope it's of some use to all of you in determining the level for Switchback.

Essentially retired now, but still ranked on the list of FFR's Top One Handers.
One-Hander Skill Tokens unlocked: The V2 Token, The Patience Token, X_X1MissX_X, AAA v5, T.H.E.G.A.M.E.T.O.K.E.N
Pseudo Skill Tokens unlocked: Numbers 21, 44, 33, 57, 26, 24, 47, 95
Dronak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 04:28 PM   #445
Doug31
Falcon Paaaauuuunch!!!!!!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Doug31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
vengeful: the debate has been between a high 3 and a low 4. wouldn't mind more input from not as good players... as it is too hard for us skilled guys to judge appropriately, as we can all AAA it in 1 try without trouble.
Then I'm a terrible player, since I've yet to AAA it, even after several tries. It's too slow for me to do well on. I can't stand any slow, long, easy songs.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:09 PM   #446
sonic_star67
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug31 View Post
Then I'm a terrible player, since I've yet to AAA it, even after several tries. It's too slow for me to do well on. I can't stand any slow, long, easy songs.
i feel your pain
sonic_star67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 10:08 PM   #447
vengefullangel
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Switchback is no harder to pass than Stay With Me V1. All you need for Switchback is the skill from Stay With Me V1 and a bit of patience. Patience is the reason why I can't AAA Too Tight. I really think that Switchback is no higher than 2. And it's likely 1.5. Somewhere after Stay With Me, though, because Switchback has a higher BMP and length.

Latest:Story of Snowman V1; Most Appreciated:5 Black Skulls; Video: Eternus Best: Hanabi
Old 02-18-2007, 07:27 AM   #448
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

it's currently listed as a 2... debate is whether it should be a high 1.5 or stay as a low 2.

and passing is NOT part of the discussion for difficulty. ever. no song is difficult to pass on FFR due to its nature. discussion of difficulty is always about FCing and PAing.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:35 AM   #449
dawg4321
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to dawg4321

frozen is way out of place i believe. I mean destiny is ranked more difficult. yeah I have over 40 goods on frozen and i have 3 goods on destiny. Something is messed up here.

EDIT: oh nvm, i guess they're just next to each other for no apparent reason in the game. My bad.

dawg4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 09:46 AM   #450
Sweet_Feet
Washed Up
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawg4321 View Post
EDIT: oh nvm, i guess they're just next to each other for no apparent reason in the game. My bad.

when they say the songs are listed page by page easiest to hardest this doesn't make sense its just there

switchback is easier than stay with me (in my opinion) beacause the BG isen't confusing, colored arrows help with the beat and so on
Sweet_Feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 09:57 AM   #451
jimerax
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jimerax Send a message via MSN to jimerax Send a message via Skype™ to jimerax

Switchback - 1.5/6, 13-14
Incognito - 4/6, 50-51

for me.
jimerax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:00 AM   #452
Brilliant Dynamite Neon
nobody fiffers anymore.

Send a message via MSN to Brilliant Dynamite Neon Send a message via Yahoo to Brilliant Dynamite Neon

I suggest Hardcore of the North be put higher in the list, before Go Go Power Rangers. 24ths and tricky increasing speed make it hard.

Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes

Last edited by Brilliant Dynamite Neon; 02-18-2007 at 10:03 AM..
Brilliant Dynamite Neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:27 PM   #453
vengefullangel
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot
and passing is NOT part of the discussion for difficulty. ever. no song is difficult to pass on FFR due to its nature. discussion of difficulty is always about FCing and PAing.
OK.
How's this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slight Correction From The Somewhat Irked Vengefullangel
Switchback is no harder to PA/FC than Stay With Me V1.
Either version works for me, and in the context of the post means practically the same thing. And, of course, now you've confused me because I've always seen this on the first page:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimerax
This list is based on the difficulty for passing (without mashing)....
The list does go on, but passing without mashing is the first thing on the list.

Maybe in the case of players who can only just pass 1.5 songs, and are trying to pass 2.0 songs does passing without mashing apply? Is it possible that they would have more trouble passing Dr. Willy Theme V1 than V2? And a lot more trouble trying to pass See You Dance than Snowflakes?

Maybe at your level things seem a lot easier to understand, and passing is irrelevant because of mashing; but there is a lot of subtlety behind this ranking list -- there is no complete right answer --, and passing a song is a factor albeit one that can't be arbitrarily be measured when mashing becomes an option.

Don't worry, I won't post in this thread anymore. I can't stand being so blatantly disrespected. If you want more opinions from lesser players, don't yell at the first one that walks through the door.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:15 PM   #454
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawg4321 View Post
frozen is way out of place i believe. I mean destiny is ranked more difficult. yeah I have over 40 goods on frozen and i have 3 goods on destiny. Something is messed up here.

Ya the first few files of Dance2 are way out of order.

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 02:38 PM   #455
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Frozen is first in Dance2 just for the time being.... once I get around to it, it'll be moved to its proper place. Shash put it there so it'd be easy for people to find, access, and play.

also Vengeful... my apologies for being a dick.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:27 PM   #456
will-o-wisp0_me
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

hardcore of the north, ya, the token song, dosnt need to be very difficult, it's more of a difficult. plain difficult...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaughtNWon View Post
Sometimes i touch myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolade123 View Post
This is a video showing somebody playing FFR on the Wii. It's pretty damn hard lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Gk9T1QsRk#
will-o-wisp0_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 06:31 PM   #457
Doug31
Falcon Paaaauuuunch!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to Doug31

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-o-wisp0_me View Post
hardcore of the north, ya, the token song, dosnt need to be very difficult, it's more of a difficult. plain difficult...
And what's your support for this? It seems like at least very difficult to me.

Also, are you really the age it says you are?
Old 02-19-2007, 01:08 AM   #458
ledwix
Giant Pi Operator

Send a message via AIM to ledwix Send a message via Yahoo to ledwix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug31 View Post
Also, are you really the age it says you are?
how about you doug? are you the age it says you are? XD

anyways, i would have to say that the triplets/24ths if you will in HotN make it at least very difficult. and there are tempo changes where you still have to do the 16ths and then 24ths. its a really hard AAA.
ledwix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:48 AM   #459
Dronak
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Dronak Send a message via Yahoo to Dronak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
Well, as vengefullangel noted already, the initial post does say, "This list is based on the difficulty for passing (without mashing), full combo, good pefect attack." This indicates that passing is a factor in the difficulty rating, as long as you're not mashing to pass the song. If that's not really true, perhaps the initial post should be edited to remove this part or clarify it further. Or maybe a reordering of the points would help, to put the most important factors first in the list.

I do understand your point though. I've passed some really hard songs by mashing the heck out of them, and I'd hardly consider those worth very much. Switchback is slow with easy rhythms, and I dare say that no one should have to mash it, so to some extent I think vengefullangel is OK to talk about passing that particular song. But in general, I think you're right -- PC, FC, and PA, are much more important factors than simply reaching the end of the song.

FWIW, I think 13-14 for Switchback is OK with me. That's an area where I have mostly SDGs with 1 BF and 1 PC for best scores. At 15, I only have SDG bests. I have BFed Dr. Willy Theme v2 at 18 and Snowflakes at 20, but only 1 SDG in the 2 category at 19, but those seem to be unique, fortunate plays -- I can't remember repeating them. So from what I can do, Switchback seems to fit better in the high 1.5s than the low 2s, and maybe not at 15 (the highest in 1.5).

Essentially retired now, but still ranked on the list of FFR's Top One Handers.
One-Hander Skill Tokens unlocked: The V2 Token, The Patience Token, X_X1MissX_X, AAA v5, T.H.E.G.A.M.E.T.O.K.E.N
Pseudo Skill Tokens unlocked: Numbers 21, 44, 33, 57, 26, 24, 47, 95
Dronak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:52 AM   #460
jimerax
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jimerax Send a message via MSN to jimerax Send a message via Skype™ to jimerax

Ingame rating of Switchback was already changed to 3.

Added new songs and character's face thing.
jimerax is offline   Reply With Quote