Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #1
xferrarix
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to xferrarix
Default Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

I'VE BEEN HAVING SO MUCH FUN PLAYING THIS GAME jesus christ i can't describe how much fun i've had playing it through it again

The combinations are endless and in terms of stats you can make one powerhouse of a character

I was curious as to who else has or maybe is playing this game, and what kind of job combinations you've done for amazing results

These are some of mine:
Assassin/Sniper (lol conceal + last breath)
Paladin/Hunter (SONICCC... BOOOM)
Templar/Monk (Meh, kinda bad)
Soldier/Fighter (DOUBLEHAND ON CHILDJAJDEN)
Black Mage/White Mage (them heals)
Juggler/Animist (be right back, healing myself completely if you hit me while being a ****** in the back lines)
Paladin/Illusionist (just lol when you have Excalibur and use a Holy illusionist skill)
Gunner/Mog Knight (get lini, get 60 MP, switch to gunner, master concentrate, 200 damage across map with 95% chance of hitting)

I usually get a Ninja, but I find them to kinda suck unless you combo it with something (Fighter/Ninja is alright)
xferrarix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:28 PM   #2
Hurleyisgod
Let's trash this place
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

I'm an A2 player, but the first game was better imo. I totally forget my class configuration though lol. I know for sure i always had 2 ninjas and an assassin at all times. The ninjas in A2 were buffed like no tomorrow: Dual wield Hyakushiki-Masamunes with counter = Even if they attack you they die.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:42 PM   #3
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

man i remember having logged in well over 200 hours on this game lmao. i dont remember any of my class configurations though. i'll have to start playing again on my phone
Old 05-29-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
xferrarix
FFR Player

Honestly A2 lacked in something. I had completed around ~200 of the missions in it, then decided that it wasn't as good as A1. I pretty much stopped playing it right there. The new classes were cool though, like Spellblade.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:29 PM   #5
-Eidolon-
FFR Player

Ah man, I spent wayyyyy too much time on this game back in the day. I used several of the ones you mentioned. Assassin/Elementalist was another, along with Elementalist/Red Mage for double cast. Sage/Alchemist was one of my most powerful, if I remember correctly. Oh, and a stereotypical Paladin/Fighter (or vice-verse) with Concentrate. Holy Blade was a one-shot every time.
-Eidolon- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
xferrarix
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Eidolon- View Post
Ah man, I spent wayyyyy too much time on this game back in the day. I used several of the ones you mentioned. Assassin/Elementalist was another, along with Elementalist/Red Mage for double cast. Sage/Alchemist was one of my most powerful, if I remember correctly. Oh, and a stereotypical Paladin/Fighter (or vice-verse) with Concentrate. Holy Blade was a one-shot every time.
I put Weapon Def+ on my Paladin, that's actually a really good point. I might switch it just because I'd rather have high hit chances 24/7 rather than a little extra defense bonus.

Elementalist/Red Mage works out well, but I remember liking Summoner/Red Mage a lot. The damage isn't high with a Summoner after you level them as a Red Mage, but you get a bigger radius for your Summoner abilities
Old 05-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #7
-Eidolon-
FFR Player

I used Concentrate on basically any character that could use it. It's so ridiculously overpowered in FFTA. Especially if you use it on a gunner. Auto hit stop shots are incredible. My only exceptions were double sword for my Ninja/Thief, and the races who didn't have archers. Which, I only used a Dragoon/Glad combo and my lovely Sage/Alchemist Nu mou (edit:I think I had a Templar/WM as well. Another one just for fun though). Everything else were human/Viera/moogle. And I loved using a summoner as well. Just more when I was having fun though. Oh, and when you managed to get most of the abilities on a Blue Mage? That was pretty ridiculous. Man, I might have to go back and start playing this again.
-Eidolon- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #8
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

I played the one on the PS1 like 7 years ago, if I remember correctly... but I'm still more into the actual numbered series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #9
ShAiOnEi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ShAiOnEi Send a message via Yahoo to ShAiOnEi

best game ever made

Epic thread killer
ShAiOnEi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:55 PM   #10
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD

Deleted my 500 hour save a few months ago on accident. I stopped playing
Old 05-29-2012, 11:59 PM   #11
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Quote:
Originally Posted by xferrarix View Post
I'VE BEEN HAVING SO MUCH FUN PLAYING THIS GAME jesus christ i can't describe how much fun i've had playing it through it again

The combinations are endless and in terms of stats you can make one powerhouse of a character

I was curious as to who else has or maybe is playing this game, and what kind of job combinations you've done for amazing results

These are some of mine:
Assassin/Sniper (lol conceal + last breath)
Paladin/Hunter (SONICCC... BOOOM)
Templar/Monk (Meh, kinda bad)
Soldier/Fighter (DOUBLEHAND ON CHILDJAJDEN)
Black Mage/White Mage (them heals)
Juggler/Animist (be right back, healing myself completely if you hit me while being a ****** in the back lines)
Paladin/Illusionist (just lol when you have Excalibur and use a Holy illusionist skill)
Gunner/Mog Knight (get lini, get 60 MP, switch to gunner, master concentrate, 200 damage across map with 95% chance of hitting)

I usually get a Ninja, but I find them to kinda suck unless you combo it with something (Fighter/Ninja is alright)
Yes, this game was literally THEE shit. It will always be up there in my book with the best games made of all time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShAiOnEi View Post
best game ever made
I think we can start being cool now.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote