Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2006, 12:23 AM   #1
xObserveRx
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to xObserveRx Send a message via MSN to xObserveRx
Default So here's an Idea

I was reading through some variations of TWG tonight, and an Idea came to mind. I started talking with a few people about it. Eventually it wound down to Fish, Pumble and I working out as many problems as we possibly could. This is what it turned into.

What do you guys think?

Players: 16
Wolves: 3 (2 + 1 Keybreaker)
Humans: 10
Seer?: Yes
Guardian? Yes
Psychic?: Yes

This game is almost completely reliable on keys. So what's the deal with keys? Let's find out.

Each player in the game holds a key. This key is used to open "the gate" each day. Not every player is placed in front of the gate every day however. Most players will not be standing in front of the gate during the day. The person who is wolf'd the previous night will choose any 3 players he/she desires to be the ones on trial.

Trial? Keys? WTF?

Alright, let's just break this down.

What goes on at Night

The wolves make their kill as usual. However, some new things happen as well. The Keybreaker(KB) chooses a non-red character. This non-red's key is then broken for the entirety of the following day. The non-red is UNAWARE that their key is broken. Why is this important you ask? I'll explain that in just a minute. First I'll finish with the rest of the roles.

The seer will see someone during the night (as is the case in any regular TWG). The difference in this game is that the results the seer gets have everything to do with keys and not so much the player's role. If the seer see's a fellow human player, that human's key will break for the entirety of the following day. If the seer sees a wolf, the seer's key will break for the entirety of the following day, while the red's key will break for the entirety of the game. So, based on these results, the seer should be able to figure out who's who.

The psychic's role may seem less important in this game at first, however, it's actually quite the opposite. Every night, after the KB and Seer do their thing, the psychic receives a report of how many broken keys there are at that time. This may seem stupid at first, but after a little thought, you'll see how important this role becomes.

The guardian's role generally remains the same except for one minor alteration. He/she can now guard against keybreaks as well. What may seem rather dumb on night one, and possibly two, soon becomes a very important role later on. The guardian is now left with a decision each night: Save someone or stop someone's key from breaking? This should be quite an interesting role.

And of course, the Humans simply wait.

And so, the night Ends.

Sounds okay so far, but what the hell goes on during the day with all those keys and what not? You're about to find out.

What goes on during Day

Alright, as explained before, three people will stand before "the gate". Also as explained before, these three people will be chosen by the person who was wolf'd during the previous night. Night 1's death chooses the day 1 people, night 2 chooses night 2's, etc.

The three people will attempt to "open the gate". If a player's key is broken, they will not be able to open the gate. This may mean that the player is a red. It may not either though, considering that the KB may have broken the player's key. On the contrary though, the seer may have seer'd a red and that's who's packing the broken key. In addition, the broken key could belong to the seer, who saw a red the previous night and is carrying a temporarily broken key.

Okay, so that's gonna leave a bunch of people saying "wtf? How do I know who's a wolf then?"

Well that's where normal TWG strategy comes into play. Good ole Aim convos, PMs, and chats; all things that help players discover who's who. This game is no different in that respect. Key's play a major role, but never rule out good ole conversation.

Okay, so now what? we have 1,2, or even 3! players who have broken keys... who do we lynch?

Well, you can only lynch 1 person per day, as per usual TWG. You now have to take into consideration the gate opening results as well as your own ideas from normal game strategy.

After the lynching, all temporarily broken keys are repaired (permenantly broken red keys remain... well... broken) and the next night begins, starting the whole cycle over again.

Hopefully that sums everything up.

Alright people, let's see if we can find anymore problems with this.
Old 03-26-2006, 01:35 AM   #2
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter
Default Re: So here's an Idea

So, people may or may not be able to open the gate. How is what information revealed? That is, will the host say whether or not the gate was opened and who was able to open it? Outside of the game (that is, not in-game, where people need to be set up), I don't see a reason for the Keybreaker to break keys.

Will there be an open Night 1 so that people can discuss who the three should be when Day 1 starts?

Does the seer find out the role of the player he sees? You hint that he doesn't, but unless he's working with another blue I would think that it would be very difficult to figure out who's what.

I have more, but it's mostly contingent on what kind of a report the seer gets...

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 09:19 AM   #3
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Yahoo to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Skype™ to FishFishRevolution

The focus here is on the keys, and the seer only knows if he's seen a wolf IF either that person's key is broken permenantly, or if his own key is broken that next day. The seer does NOT get a report of humanity or wolfishness of the person he sees. I think this would be a good game to allow posting during the night.

The reason the keybreaker is useful to the wolves is because anytime someone doesn't make it through the door, you know their either the seer who's seen a wolf (who would have come out and said "put me through, I'm going to find out if I saw a wolf last night"), a wolf who has been seered, or a person targetted by the keybreaker to create the illusion of the previous two situations.

Also, the psychic in this case can look and see if there are an abnormal number of keys (usually, there would be 2, sometimes 1 per day), and if there are 3 or 4, that means someone's got a permabroken key.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:42 AM   #4
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

OK... this has been modified since you sent it to me last night. And for the better, too.

My issue, and with a few proposed games in the past, is that it gets away from the TWG nature of the game and into other stuff that may or may not be quasi-related, like a bastard 3rd cousin.

I'm all for complicated games like nForcer's or Mini's or whatever Blah comes up with... but throwing in extra random stuff like keys, gates, and whatnot... just seems to get away from the original nature of the game. And if we're going to do that... we might as well make it super original and have CCG3.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:14 AM   #5
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Yahoo to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Skype™ to FishFishRevolution

That's what I was thinking, Tass.