Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-9-2007, 01:26 AM   #1341
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: The Wii is Here.

Nothing says they can't. All they have to do is put a Bluetooth device in there. And those are like pocket change these days.

Who knows. Alls I know is that it'll be wireless. And that I'll probably buy it.

Anyway, the 360 version is known as the "moneywhore" version. See, with XBLA, they'll probably throw bonus songs and characters and crap for an extra fee. Wii doesn't have that, and if it's coming out later, they might include them in the version we get.

But I doubt it.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:56 PM   #1342
Blud_n_Gor
FFR Player

I am posting from my Wii right now! It is SO cool! I downloaded the trial browser. I've been watching videos for the past hour!
Blud_n_Gor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 02:56 PM   #1343
ImEric12
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ImEric12

So I got WarioWare from my girlfriend for my birthday. Sooo much fun! I was thinking about getting it, and I'm really glad she got it for me. We spent at least 4 hours playing yesterday, and she's not really a video game person at all.

ImEric12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:17 PM   #1344
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

92% finished with Zelda.

Been taking my time with it over the 2 1/2 months since I've had it.
banditcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 06:52 PM   #1345
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

I'm still in the first town in Zelda.

It's just not worth playing for me. All I've done so far was ****ing annoying. Like duh I know I gotta get the cat to go back and duh I know I need to catch a fish. What's this? Oh someone is supposed to give me a fishing rod so that's how I get a fish. Oh wait. The person who is supposed to give me the rod is stupid and seems to not have any idea that they're supposed to get that for me. So OBVIOUSLY THE ONLY WAY TO GET A SLINGSHOT IS TO CALL A BIRD TO ATTACK A MONKEY

It'd probably be more bearable with a guide, but I don't play like that. Also, it comes back to the "3D Zelda games are not Zelda games" ideal that I live by. I downloaded the NES LoZ and I'm far more interested in that (even though I need a guide just to find the damn dungeons... ****), but I don't have a whole lot of time on either games. Elebits was fun for a while too, but I got to a stage where it seems as though there simply isn't enough time to complete it, so I've put that on hold for a while. WarioWare=already completed and I don't feel like "100%ing" it.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:05 PM   #1346
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Afro, sheesh. You just got the slingshot, right? That means you're practically done with the introduction. The story begins right after that.

It's called a learning curve. Old games didn't have them. Now they do.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:36 PM   #1347
ducky285
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ducky285 Send a message via MSN to ducky285 Send a message via Yahoo to ducky285

I beat Zelda a while ago, now I'm searching for Poes. I have everything else. I have about 8 left. God, these things are annoying to find.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:36 PM   #1348
ImEric12
FFR Player

Yeah, it definitely picks up after the learning curve, Chris. It assumes you've never played Zelda games before.

Though, admittedly, I got past the first dungeon and haven't really played it since. Elebits I play here and there. Warioware's a lot of fun right now. I've mainly been playing focusing on WoW, honestly. I got that at a bad time.

Edit: got 2 new Wiimotes for my birthday, though, so I have 4. Not directly useful right now, but it'll definitely be sweet later.

Old 02-13-2007, 07:01 AM   #1349
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEric12 View Post
Yeah, it definitely picks up after the learning curve, Chris. It assumes you've never played Zelda games before.
Technically, I haven't ever played a 3D Zelda game seriously before. I played OoT a bit, but I think I only got as far as the first dungeon. I never even touched Majora's Mask or WindWaker. That little bit of OoT was enough for me to realize that I just couldn't stand the style of it (and TP has reinforced this opinion). It's a totally different game when you bring the third dimension into it. Really, I can deal with stupid puzzles like that when I love the game, but when I'm not into the style of it, it just ruins it for me.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:13 AM   #1350
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Technically, I haven't ever played a 3D Zelda game seriously before. I played OoT a bit, but I think I only got as far as the first dungeon. I never even touched Majora's Mask or WindWaker. That little bit of OoT was enough for me to realize that I just couldn't stand the style of it (and TP has reinforced this opinion). It's a totally different game when you bring the third dimension into it. Really, I can deal with stupid puzzles like that when I love the game, but when I'm not into the style of it, it just ruins it for me.
WOW. WOW. I thought I was the only one!

I'm going to try to break this problem. However, I started out playing The Legend of Zelda at about age 3. I'm too attached to top-down Zelda.

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
nforcer06164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:05 AM   #1351
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I started playing NES games since I first got an NES. It must've been at least 15 years ago.

I've played every Zelda game that has come out as they come out (sans the knock-offs).

That said, no, I don't think there's any adjustment needed to a 3D Zelda. It came naturally.

Actually, I prefer it. There's so much you can't do in a top-down view. Let's face it. In all the games that allow you to move the camera in a full axis of vertical rotation, do you give it a top-down view? I know I've tried in Afro's games of choice: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater. You can't see ANYTHING. They have to continuously pan the screen.

Putting it in 3rd person 3D gives the game a better feel of realism. While I don't care about graphics as they are not the primary factor in determining a game's worth, I do feel that in this game, they just make it feel so much more natural.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:11 AM   #1352
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

skateboarding = magic / sword fighting / arrow shooting / etc.

Seriously though, I do not mean to say that the 3D games have no merit; they're just a totally different game and I don't really like it.

Last edited by Afrobean; 02-13-2007 at 09:12 AM.. Reason: I GUARANTEE I DID NOT EDIT THIS POST AND I CHALLENGE YOU TO PROVE THAT I DID.
Afrobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:46 PM   #1353
ImEric12
FFR Player

Yeah, Squeek, most 3d games aren't designed to work top down... So that argument is rather debunked. =\

Old 02-13-2007, 06:59 PM   #1354
Blud_n_Gor
FFR Player

Is Wii Play out yet? Just wondering

And what's so great about the Sonic game coming out (when is it coming out?
P.S. I'm still posting from my Wii
Old 02-13-2007, 07:29 PM   #1355
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Wii Play just came out today or yesterday.

Not enough details on the Sonic title to say if it's a worthwhile title thus far.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:34 PM   #1356
ImEric12
FFR Player

Awww. Really? And is it being sold with remotes like in other regions?

Old 02-13-2007, 09:34 PM   #1357
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

Yep.

Oh, big surprise! A new Wii Channel just launched; the Everybody Votes Channel. You must first perform a Wii system update, and then download the channel from Wii Ware in the Wii Shop Channel.

With this channel, you can vote in general polls put up by Nintendo, register your Mii for choices, predict the most popular choice, and even suggest new polls. Data is kept based on your predictions and various other things. It only launched today, but it's a nifty feature, and a nice little present from Ninty for Valentine's Day. Give it a try!

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
nforcer06164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:41 PM   #1358
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Crap man, I was just going to post that =(

Anyway, I recommend you all watch the trailers for Sonic and the Secret Rings. The newest one is on GameTrailers if you can't find it on Youtube.

It looks like a return to what Sonic games should be: Speed, speed, and speed. 'course, I'm not going to get it on launch day. This is one of those titles I think is necessary to wait a bit on and watch real gameplay footage before considering.

Ack, my funds are going to start dropping soon. Sonic, Mario, Cooking Mama, Metroid Prime, Super Smash Bros. Brawl... this is why I own a Wii <3
Old 02-13-2007, 11:56 PM   #1359
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

haha it's pretty cool...

I voted all green, predicted all but one green (voted cat but predicted dog).
banditcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 05:13 PM   #1360
Blud_n_Gor
FFR Player

has anyone heard any news on a mario kart for Wii? Mario kart would be really fun on Wii