Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-3-2007, 01:06 AM   #1121
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: The Wii is Here.

Rockin'.

Thanks for telling me about XS rank. The FAQ on it made it seem like XS was possible on all levels of difficulty =/

I just went and checked it now. Yeah. He pretty much just outlines how to get the best out of each stage in terms of bonus points. Never mentions the point cutoff or difficulty setting for them.

I'm gonna start Hard mode some time soon. I want to watch the story again, and since I blew through Medium before I realized I wanted to watch the story from the beginning, I just didn't bother.

I think it's cool having games people consider difficult, like Trauma Center and Ikaruga. Because when I'm really good at them, people are like 'wtf hax'. Apparently, beating X-missions without Healing Touch is good, and apparently, I can do it pretty easily. I only used Healing Touch on Triti and Savato in the X-missions (averaging out the fact that I didn't need it when I played again as Kimishima so playing it again as Derek wouldn't necessitate its use either)

So anyway, after I finished Trauma Center for the evening, I went back to Elebits. On stage 22 working toward Pink Elebits. After I get the Pink Elebits in a stage, I do the stage's challenge mission. But stage 21 in Elebits is special. It's the best stage in the game, really. The entire stage is filled with puzzles. There are ring toss games, slide puzzles, 3-D cube puzzles, chess games, othello games, slot machines, and even bowling. Of course, none of this takes you outside of the general mechanics of the game. You pick up and place the pins in their 10-pin arrangement. You find and hurl the rings from all across the stage. All while finding Elebits under shrubs and boxes and such, and all while turning on electronic devices to find more.

Kinda sucks that Challenge mission 21 is among the hardest... right next to 27 (which I happened to unlock my first time around... what's up with that?)

SO THEN I was like k challenge level 21 angers me let's play sports. And I FINALLY beat Spin Control on bowling. Somehow during my new year's party at a friend's house, I figured out how to make the ball take a huuuge spin curve. I finally beat the 19th lane only to miss the 20th (It's just 10 pins... no walls at all -.-). Then I did it again with success. Whoo!

That makes three platinum medals: Returning Balls, Spin Control, and Working the Bag. Really need to play this more before WarioWare comes out, since that's going to be all I play and, from the looks of it, will really wear me out more than boxing could.

tl;dr: Trauma Center is coo~, Elebits is still fun, and I platinumed another Training mode.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-3-2007, 10:42 AM   #1122
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

I was at first disappointed when I started Story Mode on Elebits. I thought there was only 6 stages. Guess I jumped too soon; yet, I've had so many more games to play.

Rayman's a lot of fun, but I've played it the least out of my collection. It's not hard at all; just very whimsical.

Squeek, if you love games that are difficult by nature, try out Metal Slug Anthology. Beating a game on one credit would have to be the final sign of the apocalypse.

I beat the main story of Trauma Center, then tried X1 and quit. I will finish it eventually; I love Trauma Center.

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
nforcer06164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-5-2007, 03:07 PM   #1123
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

I am coming across a lot of difficulty in procuring a Wii. Does anyone have any advice outside of "call a ****load of places until you find one"?
Old 01-5-2007, 03:09 PM   #1124
BLAZZE-
Banned

The stores lie on the phone. Be at the right place at the right time.
BLAZZE- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-5-2007, 03:18 PM   #1125
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=56383

Try that. Two sites in that thread.
Old 01-5-2007, 03:37 PM   #1126
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=56383

Try that. Two sites in that thread.
Thanks, but I don't know how much to trust this itracker site... It listed 4 I think to be in stock, but none of them said they had any. In fact, one place said that they hadn't even gotten any for a week or so even though the site said that they had them in.

So yeah, either the people at the stores lie, or that site isn't really all that helpful. I suppose it gives me a good listing of stores to call though so I don't have to try to remember a bunch of stores to call/look them up in the phone book.

How likely is it that the store employees would lie? I wouldn't think that they'd still be buying them for themselves to sell on ebay (but then again, the resale cash cow shift from PS3 to Wii may affect that).

EDIT: Oh I see. Gray clocks are bad. Orange clocks are good. Those ones I called were grays.
Old 01-5-2007, 10:13 PM   #1127
BLAZZE-
Banned

So I went to Connecticut over break and played the Wii at my cousins house for all wednesday. Then I woke up thursday and played more. Then I stayed up all night with my cousins and their friends playing it. Then at 7:00am we (me and my cousin's friend) to find some Wii's. We checked wal-mart and they had 2 PS3's. He bought one and then we went next door to Toys R Us. We went in with no hope and then we saw two wii's sitting there. We both jumped in line. There were a bunch of people behind us. We heard them saying, "Oh look! There are two wii's left! I bought mine and then my cousin's friend was up. He had to choose between a PS3 and a Wii. He decided to get the Wii. Then we had to go back to Walmart and return the PS3. Then the people checked the PS3 for about 2 minutes checking if we took anything out, damaged the box, etc. Then I went back to their house and slept. My aunt is the best.

I've been playing Zelda for 3 hours total and im starting the forest temple right now. So far its a really good game.
Old 01-5-2007, 11:47 PM   #1128
cC@Zz
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZZE- View Post
So I went to Connecticut over break and played the Wii at my cousins house for all wednesday. Then I woke up thursday and played more. Then I stayed up all night with my cousins and their friends playing it. Then at 7:00am we (me and my cousin's friend) to find some Wii's. We checked wal-mart and they had 2 PS3's. He bought one and then we went next door to Toys R Us. We went in with no hope and then we saw two wii's sitting there. We both jumped in line. There were a bunch of people behind us. We heard them saying, "Oh look! There are two wii's left! I bought mine and then my cousin's friend was up. He had to choose between a PS3 and a Wii. He decided to get the Wii. Then we had to go back to Walmart and return the PS3. Then the people checked the PS3 for about 2 minutes checking if we took anything out, damaged the box, etc. Then I went back to their house and slept. My aunt is the best.

I've been playing Zelda for 3 hours total and im starting the forest temple right now. So far its a really good game.
The Forest Temple is one of my favorite places in the game.
Old 01-6-2007, 12:07 AM   #1129
BLAZZE-
Banned

Did I mention my aunt is rich. I played on a 70" HDTV.

Tomorrow I am going to exchamge: brain age, star wars, tony hawk for ps2, and a giftcard to best buy to spend on games for DS and wii. Suggestions from now to tomorrow afternoon please.

Games I have already:
DS: Mario 64
Wii: zelda, NFS:C, and red steel

Last edited by BLAZZE-; 01-6-2007 at 12:24 AM..
Old 01-6-2007, 01:13 AM   #1130
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZZE- View Post
Wii: zelda, NFS:C, and red steel
Out of those games, Zelda is the only good one.

Try: Elebits, Trauma Center and Rayman.
Old 01-6-2007, 09:26 AM   #1131
cC@Zz
FFR Player

I didn't really like Red Steel. Rayman though is a very fun and addicting game.
Old 01-6-2007, 11:09 PM   #1132
BLAZZE-
Banned

I got:

Rayman: bunch of minigames but no real plot

Call of Duty: Looks really fun. Haven't opened it yet

Elebits: Is this game actually fun...I havent opened it yet. But what is the point.
Old 01-6-2007, 11:54 PM   #1133
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Why would you buy games that you don't research beforehand?

Elebits has a very thin plot, but that's because a plot is unnecessary. Just like the story for Katamari Damacy was irrelevant, but still there because it added to the game.

Pre-story: Elebits are bits of Electricity.

You play as Kai, a young kid who hates Elebits. His parents are Elebit researchers. They spend a lot more time researching Elebits than they do with their son. That's why he hates Elebits.

One night, a massive bolt of lightning strikes in the town and the power goes out everywhere. All of the Elebits start acting strangely. Kai's parents rush to the lab to try to figure out what's happening, leaving Kai home alone. He figures he'll spend the time watching TV, but... the power is out.

So, Kai figures in order to watch TV, he needs to capture Elebits and use their wattage to turn the power back on in his house. Elebits are electricity, so he can't pick them up with his hands. He uses his dad's Capture Gun to capture them. His quest takes him out into the hallway, down the stairs, outside, into the streets, and all over town.

All in all, it's amazing.

NEXT TIME YOU WANT A GAME: Go to YouTube and look at PEOPLE's videos for the game. Developers and publishers put the game in the best light possible, so it's always biased. Watch ACTUAL gameplay videos. That'll show you precisely what you're getting yourself into.
Old 01-7-2007, 10:48 AM   #1134
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

Squeek, I was a bit disappointed with Elebits, mostly because it seemed like it was in the same vein of Katamari Damacy, yet it doesn't deliver the same immersive experience. I'm not saying it's bad... it's just not what I expected.

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
nforcer06164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-8-2007, 12:27 PM   #1135
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall

www.Wiicade.com

XD

Edit: Oh and www.tinyurl.com/yye9tz

You can convert video files like Avi's and DivX's to the Avi type that the Wii can play. I've done it. I can watch One Piece on my Wii!!

Last edited by SethSquall; 01-8-2007 at 12:54 PM..
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-8-2007, 12:53 PM   #1136
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nforcer06164 View Post
Squeek, I was a bit disappointed with Elebits, mostly because it seemed like it was in the same vein of Katamari Damacy, yet it doesn't deliver the same immersive experience. I'm not saying it's bad... it's just not what I expected.
Do I work for Konami? =x

People can dislike games that I like and I won't have a problem with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth
Welcome to three months ago >_>

I might give it a try someday.
Old 01-8-2007, 01:39 PM   #1137
SethSquall
FFR Player

Meanie. I bought a magazine with loads of nifty things. Like did you know your Wii USB slot will charge your iPod. Also mini usb lava lamps. Which I thought was cute. Also. There is a little cat in Photo channel under the fun section. If you catch him/her you get a hint XD. You can download peoples saves if you have an Sd card reader.
Old 01-8-2007, 02:00 PM   #1138
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Your country is weird, Seth.

They've renamed Elebits for the Europe release of the game. It'll be called "Eledees". You know, like "LEDs".

Why?

" bit Noun. A woman. Abb. of 'bit of fluff' or 'bit of skirt', generally a person viewed sexually. Derog." -- http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/b.htm

You guys have some weird words.

Oh, and it's set to launch in Spring. They have to re-do all of the voiceovers and text now, along with encode it for your crazy television formats.

Last edited by Squeek; 01-8-2007 at 02:02 PM..
Old 01-8-2007, 02:10 PM   #1139
SethSquall
FFR Player

Lmao. YES. Yes we do. A normal sentence from my home town,

"Safe, I was milling around bay like and there was bear heddlu there mate, was hectic. Vexing."

Thats tame as well.

Although I have no idea why we would change the name.

The games not out till spring for us.

Last edited by SethSquall; 01-8-2007 at 02:19 PM..
Old 01-8-2007, 02:41 PM   #1140
jamuko
FFR Player

Heh, I've re-encoded anime to play on the Wii too. Only problem is it increases the size close to 5x, because it has to be motion jpeg. XD Not very convenient, but fun to play with anyway. (You can also do a jigsaw puzzle made out of the video as it is playing!)

Also, I just got an SD card for my Wii, and realized something amazing. Because of this, anyone can share game saves with each other over the Internet! o_O That's really cool, although I honestly can't think of many uses for it right now. Maybe if someone rents or borrows a game and doesn't have time to 100% it in the time they will have it, but they want to see all the stuff the game has to offer, they can get a save from somebody else and check it out.
I shoot eye beams at the things I hate and make them explode! (Yay!)
So Happy! Smile! Hello! It's a picnic every day
There's lots of happiness in my pocket
So let's play forever~
jamuko is offline   Reply With Quote