Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-2-2013, 01:01 AM   #601
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction
Default Re: TWG CI: Fiction's Birthday Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Alright, I'll play along. You're saying it's abnormal that dark is not responding or acting accordingly with his "meta" to some posts?

Is my dumb drunkin' mind understanding this right?
I'm saying that there are things that I expect of manti and those are things I think he wouldn't oblige because helping greens as a red doesn't help reds.
Old 10-2-2013, 01:03 AM   #602
Svaz
quite clever

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
IT's just as much your responsibility to not get lynched as it is to catch wolves if you're green.

Guess who doesn't have that responsibility: me.
wait, what are you trying to say here
Old 10-2-2013, 01:06 AM   #603
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Quote:
I'm saying that there are things that I expect of manti and those are things I think he wouldn't oblige because helping greens as a red doesn't help reds.
You've played enough games with me as a wolf to know that isn't true of my wolf playstyle geeze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 10-2-2013, 01:09 AM   #604
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

you're not the manti I used to know, not anymore. what did you do with the manticore I know and love
Old 10-2-2013, 01:15 AM   #605
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
wait, what are you trying to say here
oh it means that if Charu gets lynched it's his fault but if I get lynched it's everyone's fault
Old 10-2-2013, 01:16 AM   #606
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Even the dead guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 10-2-2013, 04:47 AM   #607
Krauthammer
FFR Player

Aaaaaaaaalright.

Time to weigh in.

I'll have to partially agree with the motives for a Manti lynch, mainly because of the complaint about the wolf role that happened way behind, on Day 1. It just...

To me it reveals something, albeit veiled: frustration. To me it seems like a wolf who got his plans or the collective plans ruined by a sudden role explanation. I really don't see anything else. I feel that a human wouldn't be complaining about the dumbness of a role, at the very least, in the game itself, or would complain in such a direct manner.

The nature of that post shows that to me. However, I'll confess I really can't say I understand the meta and behavior talk Fiction has been saying the last hours. Sorry Fiction, but I personally don't know Manti as well as you claim to do, and while your explanations are concise and all in a lot of parts, it doesn't feel all right to me.

So Manti is it to me, for now.

Now, Fiction, I know you're the main push in this Manti lynch but I'd like to hear from the man who started it, JRodd

Jrodd, what is up? What are you thinking now of the whole Manti thing? You haven't said anything about it since Fiction took over.
Old 10-2-2013, 07:26 AM   #608
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vendetta21

I wasn't adding a fourth vote to manti this early in the phase. I wanted to explore my options as I didn't have a feel for this game.

Also I just got out of some seriously messy shit and life changing shit IRL so the structure of my life has changed entirely and subsequently the amount I invest in TWG.

Manti has a strong wolf tell, his behavoir seems unnatural, and he will likely die today. What do you gain by forcing the situation at early phase? Not much. Will there be a stronger candidate for lynch? You seem to think me, but probably not.

I have a sense that charu is pretty much green and also a sense that there is a UTR contingent to this wolf team. Don't lose yourself in me not acting like myself. Focus on what there is to be gained on the margin.

That being said I want to see more from TPS222. Never really did anything to ameliorate my earlier concern.
Old 10-2-2013, 11:52 AM   #609
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Can I get a vote count before I start reading shit? I'll be in here tonight and will try to contribute loads. Clearing my stuff at last. Be there.
Old 10-2-2013, 12:08 PM   #610
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I believe this is right.

==========================================
DarkManticoreX2 - (4) - J-rodd123, TPS222, FictionJunctin, Krauthammer
TPS222 ------------(2) - Vendetta21, Charu
J-rodd123 -------- (1) - James May
Vendetta21 -------(2) - dAnceguy117, Svaz
Charu ------------ (0) - Vendetta21
==========================================

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 10-2-2013, 01:28 PM   #611
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
I'm concerned about the replacements. Replacing has a strong tendency to help wolves and wolves tend to do this when they realize that they don't feel up to the challenge of lying for two weeks straight.

TPS222

I'm curious as to what made you vote manti and I also want to know your opinion of danceguy and crazyjayde thus far.
I strongly disagree with your first point. It's going to be a matter of opinion, but I bet if were to do some stats on replacements requested vs the role assigned, it would be largely in favor of humans being replaced over any other role. The typical situation would be receiving a PM, seeing that you're a vanilla townie, have life dump a shitload of unexpected work/problems on you, and deciding that it isn't worth playing with such a powerless role.

I think I'm replacing YMIA, and I know he's been a wolf before, and he was a much more vocal and active participant. I've never heard anyone complain about not being up to task to "lie for 2 weeks straight". Maybe I'm just clouding this with my own beliefs, but when I sign up for a game of TWG, I hope first and foremost that I get a wolf role. I assume a lot of people agree with that; one may not be a wolf for months at a time, it is a cherished opportunity.

This is all inconsequential banter though. My vote on Manti was simply a joke bandwagon vote to follow up on my vanilla townie vote. So I like to create a bit of a stir when I enter games, simply to kick up some dirt and see where it settles. I'm satisfied with the responses and interpretations of what happened following. I need time to analyze that. I'll switch my vote to Fiction for now because I do agree that he seems slightly off from the limited posts that I've read so far. I realize Fiction's defense of this is to call upon his usual meta of being erratic and unpredictable, but this falls too closely into Ribs/Viccica territory; where one relies solely on their meta and manipulates the reputation of it to their advantage.

To address your final two questions: I don't have an opinion on danceguy or Charu yet, simply and honestly because I haven't had a chance to completely read the thread. I want to see what went down at the end of phase on day 1, who switched and when, and determine where a wolf could fit into all of that. I also want to investigate the accusations against Manti to see if they are actually informed votes or not (besides mine obviously, but it is a bit concerning that he is/was leading the vote count).

I'll do my best to get through all of that by the end of tonight. Any other questions?
Old 10-2-2013, 01:38 PM   #612
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

manti- maybe I am mistaken and u weren't here at end of day but you were definitely lurking leading up to it and it just bothers me.

V-ur using this sub thing as the basis for your decisions but why are you just ignoring netjet/now melloncollie and focusing only on yoman/now TPS

and I keep waffling on fiction like one second I wanna murder his wolfy ass and the next moment I second/third/fourth guess myself because I just don't know, he is giving me a wolfy vibe but I really need to do a reread

Quote:
wow
Old 10-2-2013, 01:47 PM   #613
FictionJunction
FFR Player

That wolfy vibe is deliberate, calculated, programmed.
Old 10-2-2013, 01:53 PM   #614
FictionJunction
FFR Player

I mean if you guys want me tattled that's cool too.
Old 10-2-2013, 01:53 PM   #615
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Guys, I'm feeling like pizza. Are you feeling like pizza?
Old 10-2-2013, 01:56 PM   #616
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

then what, would you want to lynch manti/tattle fiction

Quote:
wow
Old 10-2-2013, 01:57 PM   #617
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

vice versa? idk I need to reread as im at must lynch in the other, but I don't have any super strong reads right now which is disheartening

Quote:
wow
Old 10-2-2013, 02:17 PM   #618
Krauthammer
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauthammer View Post
Jrodd, what is up? What are you thinking now of the whole Manti thing? You haven't said anything about it since Fiction took over.
Jrodd the question still stands.
Old 10-2-2013, 02:41 PM   #619
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Manti why are you forcing us into a staring contest
Old 10-2-2013, 03:03 PM   #620
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vendetta21

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rodd123 View Post
V-ur using this sub thing as the basis for your decisions but why are you just ignoring netjet/now melloncollie and focusing only on yoman/now TPS
Because TPS concerns me more, and is moving from YMIA's slightly wolfy position in a very reserved way.

Netjet I didn't get as many vibes off of, and I have no literally no fears about getting information out of raeko.

Put it simply, TPS has always been a hard nut for me to crack.
Closed Thread