Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat > Ask Me Anything
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Ask Me Anything A forum where notable users offer to answer questions from the userbase.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:54 AM   #1
Kefit
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kefit
Default wher ma kef@

So in the years since I almost destroyed my right arm protecting my ultimate ssj3 stepmania einhänder honor I've done the following:

Gone to law school (don't do this)
Gotten a job as a "lawyer" (meaning fluffy doc review, don't be a lawyer period but if you have to be one then this isn't so bad except it has nothing to do with what you envision lawyers actually doing)
Became the best English speaking Touhou player for many years, though I retired from that in 2010 and have since been mildly eclipsed by a couple other English speaking players.
Joined Moogy to become a Let's Play non-superstar
Played a bunch of really cool and hard games for the amusement of the internet.
Became one of the best Super Smash Brothers 64 players in North America. No one cares because Isai. but I'll be at Apex 2014!!!!
Learned Japanese to a sufficient degree to read just about any visual novel or play any video game I want. Only to not have a huge desire to do so, aside from a few select titles. All of which are infinitely long and that I don't have the time to actually experience.
And of course I've continued to watch new anime every season. Because I am mentally ill.
Also Kilga made me play Mafia a few times with some Mafia pros, it was hard but way too stressful to ever do again.
Also also I guess I modded ODI, the most amazing forum to ever exist. I also wrote a comprehensive history of Stepmania

jesus christ my signature is still a .gif thing from Eureka Seven. Which was a cool show and all but from like fucking 2006

So yeah ask me anything. With any luck I won't forget about this thread immediately, but if I do then be sure to blame Moogy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seinno
and also thank you everone for clearing it up for me I will try to start using my two hands iv tried quit a bit i put my left hand index and middle finger middle finger is on the up arrow index on on left arrow and right hand i use my index for the down button and middle for the right button does that seem weird?

Last edited by Kefit; 12-23-2013 at 01:17 AM..
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:55 AM   #2
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy
Default Re: wher ma kef@

when are we going to make another LP

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Moogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:59 AM   #3
Kefit
FFR Player

maybe we can do a blind run LP of la mulana 2

Quote:
and also thank you everone for clearing it up for me I will try to start using my two hands iv tried quit a bit i put my left hand index and middle finger middle finger is on the up arrow index on on left arrow and right hand i use my index for the down button and middle for the right button does that seem weird?
Old 12-23-2013, 02:03 AM   #4
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

yo dude! impressive accomplishments, damn.

favorite anime?
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:34 AM   #5
Kefit
FFR Player

Impressive only in the degree to which they hold absolutely no value in the real world.

My favorite animu is Mai HiME. I need to rewatch it again, except it's kind of hard to watch since it was produced in 2004 in 4:3 SD with not terribly high production values for most sequences.

Quote:
Old 12-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #6
Zapmeister
FFR Player

You're playing poker with a tiger, an octopus, a walrus, and a caterpillar. You're holding 7h 8h and the flop is 9h 10d Kh. The tiger thrashes its tail around a lot while grinning at the walrus and looks ready to pounce on something, and makes the minimum bet. The octopus is waving its tentacles round a lot and seems not to be intimidated at all by the tiger and raises to 5 times the minimum. The walrus scornfully looks at the octopus and looks like it's showing off its tusks, and calls. The caterpillar already folded preflop. Do you fold, call, raise, or run screaming?

How much money would I have to pay you to let me duct tape you to a ceiling 3 metres off the ground, on condition that I will leave the room and won't un-duct-tape you for 24 hours (but you can try to escape if you want)? What about 4 metres? or 5?

Yesterday I got 3-0-0-0 on Walking on Water 1.25x rate but then I tried playing it on normal rate and couldn't get better than 4-0-0-0 after half an hour. Why is ffr so weird?

What is your opinion of bitcoins?

Theorem: If you have a large enough number of monkeys, and a large enough number of computer keyboards, one of them will sight-read AAA death piano on stealth. And the ffr community will forever worship it. Proof Example

ask me anything here

mashed FCs: 329

r1: 5
r2: 4
r3: 6
r4: 8
r5: 3
r6: 5
r7: 15
final position: 4th
Zapmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #7
Kefit
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapmeister View Post
You're playing poker with a tiger, an octopus, a walrus, and a caterpillar. You're holding 7h 8h and the flop is 9h 10d Kh. The tiger thrashes its tail around a lot while grinning at the walrus and looks ready to pounce on something, and makes the minimum bet. The octopus is waving its tentacles round a lot and seems not to be intimidated at all by the tiger and raises to 5 times the minimum. The walrus scornfully looks at the octopus and looks like it's showing off its tusks, and calls. The caterpillar already folded preflop. Do you fold, call, raise, or run screaming?

How much money would I have to pay you to let me duct tape you to a ceiling 3 metres off the ground, on condition that I will leave the room and won't un-duct-tape you for 24 hours (but you can try to escape if you want)? What about 4 metres? or 5?

Yesterday I got 3-0-0-0 on Walking on Water 1.25x rate but then I tried playing it on normal rate and couldn't get better than 4-0-0-0 after half an hour. Why is ffr so weird?

What is your opinion of bitcoins?
Don't play FFR, it's bad for your health and killed soccer.

Quote:
good resources/advice for learning japanese?
http://www.guidetojapanese.org/learn/
http://www.polarcloud.com/rikaichan/

Learn by reading stuff written in Japanese for a Japanese audience. Then read more. And more. Keep going until you suddenly know thousands of kanji and endless words. Then keep going because there's still tons of uncommon kanji and words that you haven't learned yet (this is where I am).

Quote:
Old 12-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #8
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Oh it's Kefit, hello again!

I'm jealous that you played TWG/Mafia with people who are considered professional. I didn't even know such a thing existed. I guess I'd like to hear about that, and if you survived the night 1 wolfing.
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote