Old 04-9-2008, 07:47 AM   #2981
JonXia
FFR Player

Default Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by emos_are_gay View Post
Damn, these forums suck.
Then leave, nobody is keeping you here.

I don't like Olimar but I guess that if you master all of the characters, each one would have a decent amount of playablility in each. I just got into using Pichu in SSBM before Brawl came out.

JonXia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-9-2008, 08:35 AM   #2982
ckj846
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ckj846

Olimar's up smash and down smash are amazing for knockback, as is his meteor. It's rather easy to kill people with him actually, especially in stages with platforms (which most people don't play with because U CN ONLI PLY FD LAWL LAWL LAWL). I enjoy using him because it's an interesting style of play.

O_o
pyro31191: so they can buy dildos instead of fleshlights
ckj846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-9-2008, 09:05 AM   #2983
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Guys.

Stop saying what this game is for and what it is not for.

It for money making for Nintendo.

They achieve this by giving the consumer a product which is intended to entertain.

Thus, the point of the game is to have fun. It doesn't matter how one has fun, be it mercilessly raping their opponent or by toying around with them. If they're having fun, they're doing it right.

ps all of you jackasses that have flowed into this thread recently need to shut the **** up
Old 04-9-2008, 10:01 AM   #2984
ducky285
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ducky285 Send a message via MSN to ducky285 Send a message via Yahoo to ducky285

Olimar is far from the worst character in the game, guys. He has insane range, damage-building ability and power. Unfortunately, he has one of the worst recoveries in the game that's EASILY edgehogged. Ivysaur is pretty much the same character only not as good.

I was reading on the Shoryuken forums (since Brawl will be at EVO Championship Series this year) and they have a very early unofficial tier list up.

Original thread here with reasonings and some match-up info in the first two posts.
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=152409

Top:
Snake
Pit
Toon Link
Falco
Metaknight
Marth
Wolf

High:
Zelda
R.O.B.
King Dedede
Ice Climbers
Game & Watch
Zero Suit Samus
Lucas
Diddy Kong
Pikman & Olimar
Fox
Pikachu

Mid:
Luigi
Kirby
Sheik
Peach
Squirtle
Wario
Lucario
Ness
Ike
Jigglypuff
Charizard

Low:
Link
Donkey Kong
Samus
Bowser
Yoshi

Bottom:
Ivysaur
Sonic
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
Mario

Keep in mind that it's too early in the game's lifespan to come up with a definite tier list. Also, this is for competitive play only. If you don't care about competitive play, this list doesn't really mean anything so I would just ignore it. Most characters are viable in 4P FFAs, though some characters are usually better than others in those types of matches.

Anyone wanna weigh in on this?
Old 04-9-2008, 10:24 AM   #2985
Flaming_Dingleberry
Everybody gets one.
FFR Veteran

Alright, since I don't know how to quote multiple assholes at the same time, I'll just try to clarify some things. If I ever play someone other than my friend, their ass is getting juggled and their stage will be edge-raped. I support meteor smashing 100% l,,l I'm not trying to make everyone stop doing it, I'm just tired of retards saying it's a better way to play.
Flaming_Dingleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-9-2008, 11:13 AM   #2986
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by djshox View Post
Whaaat how can Wario be so far down? He actually has amazing speed for what his strength is; a lot of his attacks are meant to send opponents flying.
This is pretty true, but I would have to agree that Wario isn't that good of a character. Something about him just doesn't seem all that amazing...

As for the tier listing: I would drop Snake down due to his difficulty of effective use, and in addition, I'd limit it a lot... There aren't such clearcut differences in worthiness of the characters. I would only have probably 2 levels: ones that are relatively easy to be good with (Wolf, Diddy, etc.), and characters that are relatively hard to be good with (Donkey Kong, Ganondorf)... Maybe throw in a category for relative neutrals like Mario or Kirby. Certainly no more levels than that... certainly not 5 ****ing levels of bull****.

But seriously, all of the characters can be good in the right hands. Tier listings are just bull**** that do nothing but beget more bull****. People talk about tiers, other people read it, take the same stance, and the small potential discrepancies in balance become exaggerated to the point where no one will play characters that most people consider low tier, even if they can win well with them.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: tiers are stupid; play the character you think is most fun to play as, and regardless of the character you choose, if you're skilled enough, you could beat anyone with it (barring unfair abuse of oversights).
Old 04-9-2008, 11:23 AM   #2987
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Samus and link are both too low. Sonic Is WAYYYYYY too low. Luigi should be a bit higher. Wario has a weird 8-bit, floaty feel too him.

Snake, Zelda, De-de-de, Diddy kong and zero suit samus are Overestimaed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-9-2008, 11:41 AM   #2988
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
Samus and link are both too low. Sonic Is WAYYYYYY too low. Luigi should be a bit higher. Wario has a weird 8-bit, floaty feel too him.

Snake, Zelda, De-de-de, Diddy kong and zero suit samus are Overestimaed.
Zelda can be amazing if played correctly, and Diddy is great overall. Not a fan of Zero Suit, so I got nothing to say there, and I already said my peace on Snake.

ps luigi sucks butt nuts
Old 04-9-2008, 12:22 PM   #2989
Shoe The Almighty
FFR Player

Pit on the top? Oy that's stupid.....I'm glad wolf and meta knight but whoever made that list is stupid.
Shoe The Almighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-9-2008, 12:32 PM   #2990
Flaming_Dingleberry
Everybody gets one.
FFR Veteran

I'm happy with R.O.B.'s placement, regardless of how retarded that list is (Snake and Pit my ass, just because they're new and everyone was counting on them) but I think he's more fun than he is deadly, although he's strong in both l,,l he's why I don't get bored with multiplayer after a hundred matches.
Old 04-9-2008, 12:50 PM   #2991
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Kinda funny that the four characters I use most often are Wolf, Pit, Toon Link, and Meta Knight.

I agree with the bottom of the list too. Every time I have a "do with all" character challenge it's always those few who give me the most trouble.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-9-2008, 12:51 PM   #2992
Shoe The Almighty
FFR Player

Why is Olimar at the top near the top?

I wish they would have taken more time to make Snake. His B movies are okay but his A attacks are bad. I can understand that his up strong attack would be shooting a bomb up, but down A and forward (or backwards) A really sucks. To me he seems like he doesn't really fit into brawl.
Old 04-9-2008, 12:53 PM   #2993
Telvanni_guard
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Telvanni_guard Send a message via MSN to Telvanni_guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoe The Almighty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telvanni_guard View Post
I'm obviously a moron. I've seen people hanging on the side of the stage so many times.. and I still don't know why they do it. They run over to it, hang off, then keep hanging off it over and over again.
Sarcasm?
Maybe it sounded that way because I was being humble and calling myself a moron, but no. It's a serious question.

So.. why are Toon Link and Link so seperate from each other?
Telvanni_guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-9-2008, 12:55 PM   #2994
Shoe The Almighty
FFR Player

Quote:
Maybe it sounded that way because I was being humble and calling myself a moron, but no. It's a serious question.

So.. why are Toon Link and Link so seperate from each other?
I'm guessing people like Toon Link's speed over Link's power.
Old 04-9-2008, 01:02 PM   #2995
Flaming_Dingleberry
Everybody gets one.
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamo0 View Post
Juggling is an essential part of brawl. Your argument is lame. It simply is saying you don't support skill. It takes skill not to get juggled. It also takes skill to perform juggles.
Think about it, everything takes skill. Committing a crime takes skill, but that doesn't mean you have to support it or appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamo0 View Post
I've never heard anyone who is good at brawl down talk the concept of juggling. Keep talking smack, it doesn't get you anywhere rofl.
Thanks, I'm glad you finally met one, and I bet you've never met anyone good who doesn't own Melee, Brawl, or a Wii. Well, to your surprise, you met both simultaneously.

Last edited by Flaming_Dingleberry; 04-9-2008 at 01:04 PM..
Old 04-9-2008, 01:05 PM   #2996
Telvanni_guard
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Telvanni_guard Send a message via MSN to Telvanni_guard

Metaknight's Up+A is pretty damn strong. It's usually the move I do for knock outs. I hear more about his Up+B though.
Old 04-9-2008, 01:24 PM   #2997
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Pit on the top? Oy that's stupid.....I'm glad wolf and meta knight but whoever made that list is stupid.
You're retarded. The only thing with any semblance of logic in what you said was the word "Wolf", and even then you failed to capitalize the proper noun.

Quote:
Metaknight's Up+A is pretty damn strong. It's usually the move I do for knock outs. I hear more about his Up+B though.
Isn't his up A a flurry like his neutral A? And yeah, I'm pretty sure that his up B is his only power shot. I think his down B might possibly work, but to be honest, it was so forgettable that I can't even remember how it went down on the rare instances I could successfully land a hit with his down B. Yeah, that's right, I'm pretty bad with Meta Knight.

Personally, I would say that Meta Knight is only truly good for team battles. Or else, you'll need to be very skilled to get any kills in during a 1 on 1 or free for all.
Old 04-9-2008, 01:26 PM   #2998
Telvanni_guard
FFR Player

His Up+A is alot like Link's Up+A.
Old 04-9-2008, 02:35 PM   #2999
Shoe The Almighty
FFR Player

[quote=Afrobean;2112095]You're retarded. The only thing with any semblance of logic in what you said was the word "Wolf", and even then you failed to capitalize the proper noun. QUOTE]

Why are you stressing out about this? If it really bothers you I could correct my retarded sentence so you can sleep well at night knowing that your one of the few people who care about sentence on a brawl topic. Yes that was a run on sentence. It doesn't take a genius to understand what I said.

Back to Brawl, Metaknight is a badass character, but I wish he was a bit stonger with his A attacks.
Old 04-9-2008, 03:31 PM   #3000
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
[QUOTE=Afrobean;2112095]You're retarded. The only thing with any semblance of logic in what you said was the word "Wolf", and even then you failed to capitalize the proper noun. QUOTE]

Why are you stressing out about this? If it really bothers you I could correct my retarded sentence so you can sleep well at night knowing that your one of the few people who care about sentence on a brawl topic. Yes that was a run on sentence. It doesn't take a genius to understand what I said.

Back to Brawl, Metaknight is a badass character, but I wish he was a bit stonger with his A attacks.
Holy ****.

My point was that the content of your post was almost wholly retarded, and that fact wasn't helped by the format of it which was entirely retarded.

In other words, Pit is DEFINITELY a good character, Wolf is good too, but Meta Knight lacks one of the most important things for a character to have: the ability to easily deal death blows.

ps good game ****ing up the format on your quote.