Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-8-2008, 08:20 PM   #2961
zidart
FFR Player

Default Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

ook i thought you were talking about hanging on the edge so the oponent can't comeback (english issue again) that's what i don't like...but what you guys are talking about is something that's usually common sense to do in smash since the days of N64
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-8-2008, 08:48 PM   #2962
Flaming_Dingleberry
Everybody gets one.
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamo0 View Post
Juggling is an essential part of brawl. There's a reason characters have three jumps and can airdodge at any time. Even in the "How to play" video it tells you do this. Your argument is lame. It simply is saying you don't support skill. It takes skill not to get juggled. It also takes skill to perform juggles. Lol, I can't believe i actually responded to this lol

Hell even the computer edgegaurds. It's a tactic that even the developers acknowledge. So... Stop sucking lawl.
Read again Random dumbass Brawler, I already said "I can juggle and edge hog [as well as anyone else, probably better than you can] and bitchslap anyone who tries to do it to me, it's just no fun [winning if that's all you do]".

Quote:
Originally Posted by djshox View Post

You've never made me laugh until now. Thank you for insulting me and agreeing with me at the same time.

Last edited by Flaming_Dingleberry; 04-8-2008 at 08:51 PM.. Reason: Your mom
Flaming_Dingleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-8-2008, 08:49 PM   #2963
l2awr
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to l2awr Send a message via MSN to l2awr Send a message via Yahoo to l2awr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming_Dingleberry View Post
Read again Random dumbass Brawler, I already said "I can juggle and edge hog [as well as anyone else, probably better than you can] and bitchslap anyone who tries to do it to me, it's just no fun [winning if that's all you do]".
I BET you are TERRIBLE at this game. The object of the game is to win lol! So many weird people in this world, god damn.
l2awr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-8-2008, 09:08 PM   #2964
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

So I'm sitting here in my desk, I took out the little Instruction Booklet that came with the game and nowhere in the booklet is there an objective page stating: The Reason Why We Made This Game is to Win.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-8-2008, 09:14 PM   #2965
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

The reason to play the game is to have fun, but you're still an idiot if you prolong a match by letting the other guy get up.

Do that in reality and you'll get your ass shot.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-8-2008, 09:21 PM   #2966
Tonberry_Kid
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tonberry_Kid Send a message via MSN to Tonberry_Kid

I guess I'm an asshole... Or a tourneyfag. I love to juggle, I love to edge blocking and I love to cliff hang.

Juggling took me forever and a day to learn how to do it almost perfectly, edge blocking took forever to master and cliff hanging was something I did to begin with.

Do you have a problem with people who knock you off the stage then meteor smash you down?
My method of making love is quite different than you might expect. I prefer to find a girl taking a nap at the local preschool, and then make love to them as they scream in my large, sound-proofed, white van. I then make love on their face, and throw them in an ice-chest of bleach. For pillow talk, I usually say, "Your parents can't hear you," and keep their teddy bear as a momento. You could call me a hopeless romantic, I guess.
Tonberry_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-8-2008, 09:45 PM   #2967
Shoe The Almighty
FFR Player

To answer djshox question, I post here because I like talking about brawl....it should have obvious to see that.

Letting people back up: I do it to give the person the chance to kick my ass. Why? It's cool to let that person know that I could have throw them off the stage any time, but I spared them......plus it's more fighting time. Usually when they get back on the stage, they go crazy and fight harder. I played some matches online and when I let them back on stage, they fought harder.....try it once in a match just to see what happens.

Juggling: Anyone can do it, it gets up the percentage very easily and it's harder to get out of. I don't see it as a skill because ANYONE can do it. If you can’t, or don’t, then good for you.

robertsona :"Shoe and Flaming, stop postwhoring."
I wouldn't be talking, compare your posts to ours, you have about 800, I have 50 something.

I wish I could play everyone here and online match to show you how I play. I'm not saying I'm the best player ever, I'm sure some of you can win against. When I get better internet that actually lets me play more than 1 match every week, I'll put my brawl code up or whatever.
Shoe The Almighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-8-2008, 09:47 PM   #2968
Shoe The Almighty
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
The reason to play the game is to have fun, but you're still an idiot if you prolong a match by letting the other guy get up.

Do that in reality and you'll get your ass shot.
I find it fun for letting a guy get back up and go crazy.....and why are you comparing a game to reality? If you knocked down a guy with a gun, chances are, you'd get your ass shot before you do anything.
Old 04-8-2008, 09:51 PM   #2969
zidart
FFR Player

meteor smashing i think is a better way to eliminate your enemy than cliff hanging >_> in my opinion that's just cruel XD (because with meteors they at least had the oportunity to scape). or just hitting them right in the face when they try to comeback

Last edited by zidart; 04-8-2008 at 09:54 PM..
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-8-2008, 10:00 PM   #2970
Shoe The Almighty
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by djshox View Post
No I meant posting in general.

Juggling does require skill, and if it hasn't been noted before, it takes skill to escape being the victim of juggling.

Brawl/Melee aren't games where it's somehow cool to "spare your opponent some mercy." Like Squeek said, it makes the match annoyingly longer, especially if your opponent keeps getting sent flying off the stage every time and you're just wasting time letting them get back on each time.

I have near 7K posts, does that mean I'm postwhoring?
I post because I want to.....like I don't have a good reason for it, other than I do it because I'm bored and have things to say and I want to hear the reaction of other people......I'm sure that's why everyone posts.

If you put it that way, sure avoiding a juggler (most brawl players) takes skill. "annoyingly longer" is what I like in a match. I fight for the thrill of testing my brawl skills, I just like fighting in brawl.

7k......yeah I guess so, I was just saying that because he/she seems to be the topics I'm on
Old 04-8-2008, 10:02 PM   #2971
Shoe The Almighty
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by zidart View Post
meteor smashing i think is a better way to eliminate your enemy than cliff hanging >_> in my opinion that's just cruel XD (because with meteors they at least had the oportunity to scape). or just hitting them right in the face when they try to comeback
Meteor smashing is like a big F YOU...and looks cool so yeah your right.
Cliff hanging is just like.....I'm an A HOLE haha you died u r noob for not getting up
Old 04-8-2008, 10:08 PM   #2972
Shamo0
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Shamo0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming_Dingleberry View Post

I've never heard anyone who is good at brawl down talk the concept of juggling. Keep talking smack, it doesn't get you anywhere rofl.

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadShamoo
Shamo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-8-2008, 10:12 PM   #2973
Shoe The Almighty
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamo0 View Post
I've never heard anyone who is good at brawl down talk the concept of juggling. Keep talking smack, it doesn't get you anywhere rofl.
Who knows I could be a good player compared to you. I know people are going to juggle no matter what I say, and most of the time I can get out of the juggle, but I just want to complain about juggling. As I said I'm sure some people are better than me.
Old 04-8-2008, 10:17 PM   #2974
Shamo0
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Shamo0

Well that was directed at Flaming_Dingleberry but yeah, I know juggling isn't everything and that someone who doesn't use it could still win.

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadShamoo
Shamo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-8-2008, 10:18 PM   #2975
Telvanni_guard
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Telvanni_guard Send a message via MSN to Telvanni_guard

I'm obviously a moron. I've seen people hanging on the side of the stage so many times.. and I still don't know why they do it. They run over to it, hang off, then keep hanging off it over and over again.
Telvanni_guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-8-2008, 10:25 PM   #2976
Shoe The Almighty
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telvanni_guard View Post
I'm obviously a moron. I've seen people hanging on the side of the stage so many times.. and I still don't know why they do it. They run over to it, hang off, then keep hanging off it over and over again.
Sarcasm?
Old 04-8-2008, 10:40 PM   #2977
Shoe The Almighty
FFR Player

Alright, I know a question that is bound to make some people angry because their favorite charcter might be bashed. (I hope this hasn't already been asked)

Who is the worst character in Brawl?

I'd say Olimar
Old 04-8-2008, 11:11 PM   #2978
sjoecool1991
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoe The Almighty View Post
Alright, I know a question that is bound to make some people angry because their favorite charcter might be bashed. (I hope this hasn't already been asked)

Who is the worst character in Brawl?

I'd say Olimar
First of all, don't double post.
Second of all, Olimar can do ridiculous amounts of damage very fast.
He just sucks horrible at edgeguarding.

Last edited by sjoecool1991; 04-9-2008 at 11:06 AM..
sjoecool1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-8-2008, 11:25 PM   #2979
x After Dawn x
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjoecool1991 View Post
Second of all, Olimar can do ridiculous amounts of dame very fast.
Which is what makes him a downfall in being able to kill people...like Meta Knight, Olimar can rack up damage fast, but that's not going to do anything when you can't knock somebody off the edge and prevent them from coming back. That's why Wolf is such a good character- he might not be able to rack up damage, but his smashes allow him to keep his opponents outside of the edge.
Drink for forget you are retard and this bring you more retard.
Just take nicotine patch lol
x After Dawn x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-8-2008, 11:47 PM   #2980
emos_are_gay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjoecool1991 View Post
Second of all, Olimar can do ridiculous amounts of dame very fast.
Third of all memberating is against the rules.
He may be able to do a massive amount of damage but that doesn't mean he doesn't suck because he lacks more things than many of the other characters. I think that flaming_dingleberry complains too much but he is good enough to back up what he is saying.

Damn, these forums suck.
emos_are_gay is offline   Reply With Quote