Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 03:27 PM   #1001
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: TWG CLXXIV - Sounds Like You've got a Problem. - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
This sounds weird...as if it's assumed that the shot "went" somewhere to begin with.
i'm from the school of shooting early and often
Old 12-16-2017, 03:28 PM   #1002
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Regarding the IC, wolves are probably going to kill the IC at some point. I feel like a good time to kill the IC would be either when the IC suspects one of the wolves or when wolves simply don't have any good blue leans. In the former case, wolves could try to play it was the latter case. But yeah, both cases should be considered.

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
Old 12-16-2017, 03:34 PM   #1003
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I am compelled by this argument
t-froce
@inD its cuz I voted for "t-froce"

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 12-16-2017, 04:00 PM   #1004
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
@inD its cuz I voted for "t-froce"
ah ogt it
Old 12-16-2017, 04:03 PM   #1005
the sun fan
FFR Player

btw I swear to god if there's a serial killer that hasn't been shooting, then you're dead to me

Old 12-16-2017, 04:07 PM   #1006
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

probably just gonna skip mech talk on this run-through unless it seems alignment indicative

sunfan 457 i liked a number of these when they were posted but don't think i ever figured out why you were kicking me out of the town core
and 470 you also didn't respond to when i explained it 3 posts down
477 feels like such a post i would make tbh

t-force 500 so did the daychat thing just occur to you later? seems like it didn't here. also said before your first post of the day would be great if it took you places but it seemed like it just didn't

wabby 524 has a contradiction wherein you think i'm making sense for saying wolves were probably PR hunting, but then because you can't really see fg as blue, that would imply that's not what they were doing from your perspective, no?

sunfan 545 little bit of an interesting vote to me because this follows you kicking ben out of the town core and then star's case on both of us, but that gets me a vote but not ben in this sequence

not liking blind's early read on star is practically a meme, roundbox seems to handle it best though? and thanks for putting your thoughts in a post there

ben 592 meh. like i know people use this defense but it feels silly to me and we were calling for people to vote and wagon up and such and it wasn't happening
something something permission and forgiveness
also, lol "i didn't read the long post but sunfan's vote sure does look bad", seems kinda funny without that context

i like that my reading comprehension on sunfan's posts is intact at least

mml 604 what do you mean by "early tone seems right" for me?

sunfan 611 i don't think he really apologized though? he just said "i love you but ..."
also you didn't answer why you were taking me out around here even though i asked you before apparently

wabby 667 my heart is not exactly warmed by you agreeing with the conclusion of star's post without any of the facts that get you there, and also agree that the post you're agreeing with is nitpicky

reading t-force's posts i am now convinced the nightkill was a scam designed to deflate his ego. convinced i tell you, sold

sunfan 752 meh at this point the answers are probably in your LONG POST so i've just been asking you about the same thing over and over knowing actually where it is, but if that's the case then my answers to star did nothing for you and you didn't ack them

i'm trying to run into roundbox's post where he responds to me calling out his read but somehow have missed it so far, probably going too fast
oh it's 733
didn't you mean to make him your first strong town read there? you'd said before you didn't have many reads and that was one you were kind of reserving judgment on but finally ready to make
seemed like strong confidence to me
and like i remember posting a bit later he has made long responses as a wolf, including going through all the players pairwise in response to one of my posts in final 5

t-force 764 i have a reflex dislike for this type of post as we get closer to lynch time, makes it look like you're spinning your wheels which you really were by riding out that hot take
this is also the Cursed Question

wabby seems perhaps most worried about how the lynch is building? sunfan goes and reads blind in other games but winds up back to being fine voting him still

and then wabby kinda gives it up too in 810? was the ben note drop really that powerful

???

lol force didn't vote, mml also settles on blind

blah

i need to go do a thing but this eod seems PROBLEMATIC

big fast
Old 12-16-2017, 04:07 PM   #1007
the sun fan
FFR Player

man tumbril is a good word to use instead of wagon that got dropped and some point and we need to keep using that

Old 12-16-2017, 04:11 PM   #1008
the sun fan
FFR Player

I'm just having a hard time thinking about what I'm reading its kind of annoying

Old 12-16-2017, 04:12 PM   #1009
the sun fan
FFR Player

I haven't read everything yet and tbh I'm not sure if I'm going to before EOD

my guess is that ben, wabby, raeko and t-force are probably all town (maybe wrong on one, ben is the read I'm most likely to be wrong on and def one I need to finish patching up before EOD) and that we should lynch outside of that... which is really scary

Old 12-16-2017, 04:13 PM   #1010
TWGma
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
t-force - so did the daychat thing just occur to you later? seems like it didn't here. also said before your first post of the day would be great if it took you places but it seemed like it just didn't
That's actually where the hottake got started from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
reading t-force's posts i am now convinced the nightkill was a scam designed to deflate his ego. convinced i tell you, sold
//snicker
Old 12-16-2017, 04:16 PM   #1011
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
idea thief confirmed
Were you trying to suggest something alignment-indicative regarding raeko here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post

btw last night's lynch marks the second night of raeko, t-force, and ben not voting
I would be fine with a policy in these three but I'm gonna look through star's posts while I have time
I didn't realize not-voting was policy-lynchable <_>

Quote:
She would've (should've) claimed it, so no, I think that theory is out.
I actually take back what I said about entertaining the idea of a vigi after reading this lol.

Quote:
ok the more I think about it maaaaaybe she didn't know she can (should) claim for free

not really worth talking about, I guess (I'm aware I said she prolly didn't shoot first). I don't really see a deep mystery that needs to be solved in the nightkills.
I would say that she would have. It sounds a bit hypocritical considering I had to read your earlier post to realize how unlikely the idea of a vigi kill on D0 was. But anyone with a role will be the person to think about the implications of their role the most so I feel like claiming would have crossed star's mind if she did use the vigi kill on D0.

Also, regarding this post...I don't like the fact that you're slightly backpedaling here. The post feels a bit...unnecessary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wineandbread View Post

Anyone else think this is a bit unusually phrased?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wineandbread View Post
I'll ask this to everyone as well: Do you think it is still possible for SK to be in this game?

I'm deliberating setups right now (don't hate me rb) and I'd like people to pitch in cause if I can eliminate SK the setups get much easier to frame.

Basically, is it possible multiple kills were blocked/saved between these nights, or SK would save his night action?
I feel like I haven't played (or rather been active) in many games that involved a third faction...so I'm not entirely sure what the "norm" is for SK's, especially here on FFR. I know they have the ability to perform a nightkill every night. Is it particularly common for SK's to save their night action in certain circumstances?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
Old 12-16-2017, 04:16 PM   #1012
TWGma
FFR Player

Quote:
I haven't read everything yet and tbh I'm not sure if I'm going to before EOD

my guess is that ben, wabby, raeko and t-force are probably all town (maybe wrong on one, ben is the read I'm most likely to be wrong on and def one I need to finish patching up before EOD) and that we should lynch outside of that... which is really scary
So box, lar, and inD? Yikes...
Old 12-16-2017, 04:17 PM   #1013
TWGma
FFR Player

Also, I'll be back for EoD easily, but I'm gonna go attempt to brave the madness and actually get started on Christmas shopping (lol).
Old 12-16-2017, 04:19 PM   #1014
the sun fan
FFR Player

when we take those names out, xel and myself, it leaves roundbox, inD and Lar

I don't think I have the team. But I think that these are the names that I am going to be looking at the most today for lynch.

Lar kind of feels to me like he's TMI-ing about night phase stuff of something... otherwise I have no idea what's going on in his head. I want to iso his early posts in the latest FE game because he had some nasty posts then and if I feel like his posts here are comparable then I'd feel a lot better about calling him scum (lol, not that that worked on blind)

inD somewhat lacks... oomph this game. He's definitely done a lot, but I trust Stars read on him after hydraing with him recently, and he is absolutely capable of posting this much as a wolf. I don't feel great about scumreading him, especially because of the read he gave about me talking about dead air and one tricky other thing that I don't really want to talk about, but it feels rather similar t the last turbo game to me, especially his reaction to extended pressure.

roundbox I don't really have much on. His presence has definitely been lacking and his determination to kill blind is probably something he would read other people scummy for if he was town and they were doing it, so I don't feel too guilty. I think I'm the least interested in killing him today but that could definitely change.

I think I'm going to vote lar for now, read his FE posts and then see how I feel.

Old 12-16-2017, 04:20 PM   #1015
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWGma View Post
So box, lar, and inD? Yikes...
yeah I know

Old 12-16-2017, 04:20 PM   #1016
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
Also, regarding this post...I don't like the fact that you're slightly backpedaling here. The post feels a bit...unnecessary?
Why is me backpedaling here wolfy to you?

Old 12-16-2017, 04:22 PM   #1017
the sun fan
FFR Player

ok, looking at his posts is going to have to wait till I get back from the latest lunch of my life now that pete is back cya

Old 12-16-2017, 04:25 PM   #1018
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

Quote:
PS. Thanks for killing star, wolves. That actually clears up a lot for me.
This is a bit of a weird thing to say but I mostly bring it up because I’m not really clear on how this cleared things up for you. You thought ind/sunfan/star were all on the same team, and now you still do? and so that cleared things up for you to think the others are town? Or am I misunderstanding? This is also based on posts I read afterward and I was reading them all out of order so idk if I'm just confusing myself here

Quote:
I'm also low on the town list because I have played like shit because, not gonna lie, my heart wasn't really into this for the first couple days.
But now it's the weekend, Star Wars is awesome, and the biggest hurdle I put in front of myself on D1 is gone and it's made this game a fair bit easier for me.

Knock on wood.
I feel you a lot on this. It’s been hard for me to get into forum games lately, and this one has been especially difficult for some reason

Based on my reading, I like Lar. The way that he has very concrete ideas about what happened regarding kills/IC staying alive seems like a town with a specific idea in their head that they can’t get out. I think that generally wolves tend to be more wishy-washy about what may have happened in the night because they do not want to appear to have extra information, and will pretend to speculate. This is an example of the type of post I found towny
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
To add on to this, if he was rallying for a huge mislynch maybe, except no not even then because then it's super obvious he's going to mislynch.

Also Gradiant wasn't rallying shit so the idea IC would get towns lynched is gone and that doesn't even seem as useful as making sure town doesn't have cleared slots

And for fuck's sake man if you can't see this point then I don't know what to say.
Ind I know I’m slow as hell but HOW DO YOU DO THIS SO FAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
Old 12-16-2017, 04:25 PM   #1019
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

omg wrong account im sorry guys im sorry i promise i wont cheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
Old 12-16-2017, 04:35 PM   #1020
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Why is me backpedaling here wolfy to you?
It feels like you're trying to qualify the statement and the way the qualification of the statement is made feels unnatural and unnecessary. Like your original statement has an feel of confidence (e.g. say you're 95% confident of it). So to turn around and say that the other 5% chance is possible didn't seem like something that was needed. You also say that you thought about it some more...but it wasn't clear to me what happened in your thinking of yours that would indicate a change of mind.

Also, it's just personally annoying to hear about how the nightkills aren't worth talking about <_> I feel like I've heard plenty from roundbox. I can understand how speculation isn't very helpful on D0, but I feel like we have a bit more information to work with now which can help us greatly narrow down the likely possibilities. (I feel like I'm going to get a lot of shit for this paragraph...but whatever).

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread