Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Films and Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-1-2008, 07:39 PM   #21
DoctorSerpentine
Banned

Default Re: Twilight.

Anything that gets more people reading is cool with me but it would help if it weren't complete garbage
DoctorSerpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-1-2008, 08:03 PM   #22
cherrygirl1223
FFR Player

Give your thoughts/opinions on
why you hate Twilight?

-Taylor =)
cherrygirl1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-1-2008, 08:05 PM   #23
pokelda
⁽ ´ཀ`⁾
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to pokelda Send a message via MSN to pokelda Send a message via Yahoo to pokelda

Im sorry but this garbage does not belong even in chit chat.
Old 12-1-2008, 08:26 PM   #24
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

i totally reported this thread forever ago
Grandiagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-1-2008, 08:46 PM   #25
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LckyLeprechaun1 View Post
haha, i see you people dont know a good series of movies

Clint Eastwood begs to differ.

Wow, if somebody could make that picture have no white background that'd be awesome, [TeRa]

Last edited by NFD; 12-1-2008 at 10:18 PM..
NFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-1-2008, 10:12 PM   #26
wienerschmidtzel
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to wienerschmidtzel

I can't read and don't plan on seeing this movie. I've heard a little bit about it and Southpark had that episode with vampires. I guess I'm getting old because I don't understand this new fad, nor was I even aware of it until recently. I plan on spending my money on Quantum of Solace instead.
Old 12-1-2008, 10:19 PM   #27
Tater Tot
FFR Player

How do you know what this topic is about if you can't read.......

All images are links, click one and have fun!
Tater Tot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-1-2008, 10:30 PM   #28
meno_rocks123
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to meno_rocks123

ATTN: PEOPLE WHO HATE IT
If you're a guy, don't even post because we already know that 99.999% of guys will hate this.
meno_rocks123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-1-2008, 10:33 PM   #29
PlaceboFX
FFR Player

I'm really stoked to see the remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still. I hope it doesn't make a mockery of the original.

Real spiders wear their hats on their butts.
PlaceboFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-1-2008, 10:35 PM   #30
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

I was actually please with the movie on a Video and story level. They might not have hit ALL the points but they hit most of them. The shots where amazing. Why everyone was crazy is beyond me. The girlfriend gets mad at me when i mock everyone who's Edward crazy.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-1-2008, 10:40 PM   #31
wienerschmidtzel
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to wienerschmidtzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater Tot View Post
How do you know what this topic is about if you can't read.......
I just guessed. How else would I have gotten into college?
Old 12-1-2008, 10:48 PM   #32
cherrygirl1223
FFR Player

if you decide to dislike/hate twilight
give your reasons why.
it's simple.

-Taylor =)
Old 12-1-2008, 10:51 PM   #33
NFD
FFR Player

Because it's popular and I don't want to conform with society.

/hairwhip
Old 12-1-2008, 11:02 PM   #34
cherrygirl1223
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFD View Post
Because it's popular and I don't want to conform with society.

/hairwhip
i respect your opinion on my topic.
i was wondering if it wasn't popular you might like it?
+ have you read the books they go into depth about everything.
i understand where your comin' from but,
maybe you could give it a chance sure Twilight is a little slow getting into
but "New Moon", "Eclipse" and "Breaking Dawn" are very interesting. And Midnight Sun (whenever it comes out) it goes into Edwards prospective of this and I like his prospective because he was planning on trying to drink the girls (Bella) blood and kill again.
Still though, that is my opinion and everyone's opinion is different.

-Taylor =)
Old 12-1-2008, 11:42 PM   #35
NFD
FFR Player

Actually, I tried reading it but I just couldn't. The idea's been overused far too much.
Old 12-1-2008, 11:46 PM   #36
Kekeb
davai
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsona View Post
You've never been around a girl have you.
But twilight sucks anyway.
You've never been around a troll have you.
Kekeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-2-2008, 12:16 AM   #37
DJ_Swabber
Is feckin' leget, betch.™
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

A friend of mine convinced me to go see it, and it actually wasn't so bad.
I thought it was going to be really cheesy, and typical.
Which it was a little...
I just really liked how awkward he was and how he'd pop a tooth boner over her. xD

JOIN the Spartans or DIEEEEE. =D (go to my random thought)
DJ_Swabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-2-2008, 01:42 PM   #38
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

I wish I could lock this because I hear way too many things about this horrible movie, but I know locking it wouldn't do anything because another fangasm thread would be made about it.

So, I just moved it to Media where it will die like all other Media threads.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-2-2008, 02:16 PM   #39
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

Here's what I posted on another forum about this movie/series:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
No. That's not what happened at all. It's based on a dream she had. She's a lonely Mormon housewife. Do you wonder why the relationship is so chaste - almost no kissing? Why Bella is a vegetarian? Why she magically attracts EVERY SINGLE ****ING GUY in the school? Because Stephanie Meyer wishes she IS Bella Swan. It's ****ing tripe, that's what it is. Bella is the least resourceful, weak female characters ever written.

In the series, not only does Bella act as a magnet for danger so OTHER PEOPLE - namely Edward, her immortal lover forever and ever and ever - can save her, but Meyer rejiggered the rules of vampires. Now, they can go out in sunlight. If they do, they just shimmer and sparkle. Dangerous, I know. The only way to kill a vampire is to dismember them and set their bodies on fire.

Something that Bella will never, ever be able to do for herself. She will always have to rely on other people to help her in this world that she so desperately wants to be a part of. ****, man, even Harry Potter was able to defeat Quirrel with the force of ****ing love or some bull**** like that in the first book and he was like goddamned eleven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
... Then she shouldn't call the vampires. I'm going to write a book about zombies, only, the zombies talk, they don't need to eat human flesh, and they live in a monarchical society under the sea. In their spare time, they compete in couples Badminton in the olympics, own a tea company, and several prominent members of the zombie society have won the pulitzer.

It'll be great because it's about zombies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
...There was no story. It was the case with the book - Stephanie Meyer spent so much time setting up the 'romance' between Bella and Edward, with less than 10 interactions between them before OMG LOVE that she forgot to actually add a plot until page 400. The rest of the book was, "Edward is really good looking. I love him. We drove around. His clothes made his body look great." The movie suffered from the same case. While we were given glimpses of the bad vampires - and are they really bad? They're just obeying their goddamned nature after all - but never a real threat until there is only 20 minutes left of film.

Inappropriate music - Paramore in a dress shop, the absolute mockery of Muse during the baseball game, which was incredibly shoddy and looked like ****.

The special effects were off - People say this is due to budgetary reasons, that special effects can't be done right with a 37 million budget, but I say, **** them, hire a competent team.

The script was terrible. Stephanie Meyer, writer of the book, had final say over what went in to the script, and she chose to allow the CORNIEST of lines ever written. "And so the lion fell in love with the lamb," may look good, albiet... stupid, on paper, spoken, it's just terrible. And the follow up, "What a stupid lamb," "What a sick, masochistic lion," was incredibly hammy. As was most of the script. "Hang on tight, spider-monkey." Oh... how cute.

And I'm sorry, there is such a thing as bad acting. Just because it's on the silver screen doesn't mean it's going to be good acting. Kristen Stewart, who is MORE than capable of holding her own on screen with a bunch of action going on - See Zathura - delivered a flat, monotone performance that left me bewildered. Oh, she's in love? She really doesn't show it with her eyes, inflection, words, body movement. And Robert Pattenson - AKA Edward Cullen - he was okay. That's the best I can say about him, he was passable.

But the guy who played Jasper, the vampire who looked like he stuck a fork in the ****ing microwave oven that baked the sun? No. Standing with eyes wide just looks creepy. And he wasn't even supposed to be comic relief, as he becomes somewhat problematic and threatining in book 2. Oh, yes. I'm afraid of Edward Scissorhands when he doesn't have goddamned scissors for hands.

The pacing was off, etc, etc.

Just, everything that could make this a good movie wasn't in this movie. And it's not the movie's fault. Everything that could have made it a good book was missing from the book. It's a bland, stylistic and very stupid book, so in that regard, the movie succeeds in its adaptation.

EDIT: And, adding icing to the cake, Kristin Stewart hates the fans, Pattenson hates the novels and thinks Meyers is kind of ****ed up after meeting her, and they both dislike the film, as is evidenced in various interviews floating around the wonderful internet. I believe Pattenson said the book was, "A kind of weird sexual fantasy by a Mormon housewife. It read like a book that was very personal, never meant to be published."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me... Again
Love is a fine primary plot point. See: Romeo and Julliete, or anything Shakespeare. That's all ABOUT love.

It's the focal point, interspersed with actual interesting things. Not, oh, we're in a forest. Oh, we're in another forest. Oh, we're in a meadow. Oh, you're glaring at me. Oh, I'm glaring back. Oh, we're in ANOTHER FOREST. Oh, we're in a restaurant, looking at each other. Oh, we're in love. Oh, we're playing baseball.

That's not a plot. It's a series of weak vignettes tied together by uninteresting characters.

And I find it very interesting as you pegged Bella as a girl to fall in love with a vampire, when in the book - - AND MOVIE - - she has no indication in any case about any particular brand of person. In fact, she has such heavy ugly duckling syndrome that she is shocked she made friends AND that all the boys are in love with her AND FOR SOME ****ING REASON that Edward initially doesn't want to talk to her, despite the fact that she's supposedly the last cool, clumsiest person around that no one wants to be friends with.

It's poor character development.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Bella is not independent in any way, shape, or form. She's completely dependent on Edward. In Book 3, he wants to marry her before sexing her, and she says she doesn't want to get married right out of high school and have a kid because that's what losers do. And then she does EXACTLY THAT in book 4.
EDIT: Midnight Sun is not coming out for the forseeable future. It has been cancelled as a rough draft was leaked while Meyer was on vacation, she threw a fit and cancelled the project. She says she'll start writing it again in a few years when people forget about her. I mean, when people forget about the book.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!

Last edited by MalReynolds; 12-2-2008 at 02:28 PM..
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-2-2008, 03:24 PM   #40
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

Mal, you're my ****ing hero