Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2009, 11:03 PM   #1
Acnerdz
FFR Player

Default Simfiles

I really need help. I cant figure out what file I need to upload my song... It says you need an .sm file but I never even hear of it.
Acnerdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:11 PM   #2
OmgWtfItsALongNameOfDoom
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Simfiles

To upload it to the simfile database here, just go to the stepmania directory: C://program files/stepmania/songs/my creations/(your song name) and zip all of the files there into a zip folder. Then upload that zip file. The directory could obviously be different depending on where you installed it, but you should get the general idea.
Also, you technically just need the .sm, .dwi, and mp3 files, and not the .dwi.old or .sm.old, but it's up to you.
Hope that helps

OmgWtfItsALongNameOfDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:14 PM   #3
Acnerdz
FFR Player

Ill try =)
Old 03-13-2009, 11:37 PM   #4
Acnerdz
FFR Player

Ok... I downloaded Step mania and it said I had 0 songs... How do I upload my song to it and while I'm asking, do I upload others there too?

And if I'm doing something wrong in the forum, please tell me... =)
Old 03-13-2009, 11:40 PM   #5
Zybanthia
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Well yeah, there is a Stepmania forum and a Resonance forum. This is the FFR forum.

That aside though, I don't think we're clear on what you're trying to do here. What is it you're trying to upload? Resonance is for uploading stepfiles you've created using Stepmania. If you've just now downloaded Stepmania, then I don't think you were trying to upload what we're trying to help you with.

Resonance isn't really for uploading music. It's for uploading levels that go to the music.
Zybanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:50 PM   #6
Acnerdz
FFR Player

What I want to do is make a song like FFR... I have the song but it's a .MP3 and when I upload, it says we can't accept this type of file...(That was where it said download simfile)...
It said the same for .WMA. So I did as OmgItsALongNameOfDoom said and got step mania to make the file but I cant figure anything out...

All I know is that I have the song ready with Step Mania downloaded now. What do I do?
Old 03-14-2009, 12:01 AM   #7
Zybanthia
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

What you do now is go into the Stepmania directory.

C:/
Program Files
Stepmania
Songs

Make a new folder. Name it whatever, like "My Files" or something.
Inside that folder, make another one. Title it the same as the song you want to step.

Now I don't know if this the version of SM I'm using or something, but if you have a song in the folder and nothing else, you cannot create a file using the SM editor. You have to already have the SM file in there to create a blank SM file. It's really stupid. You can download one from somewhere, or you can create a blank notepad file and change the .txt extension to .sm. Name the file the same as your song too.

After that, make sure your song and that SM file are in your folder you created (so if your song name is "Epic" then you should have Epic.mp3 and Epic.sm in the directory you created). Then open Stepmania and choose Edit/Sync Songs. Select your song and select a difficulty and choose "Create from Blank" (hopefully you can find this).

If all else fails, I'll do this in more detail with screenshots and everything, and maybe someone will sticky it. I looked around before posting this and there's not a single tutorial on how to do this. Which is strange because I thought there was a whole grip of them in Stepmania et. al. Am I just not finding them?
Zybanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:32 AM   #8
Acnerdz
FFR Player

yay... i think the hard part is done... I synced the song on the program and everything but now I just can't get the notes on there... But I can probably figure it out... But I think it cut my song after like 3 measures. But in the file its full...

BTW: Thanks for all the major help... I couldn't have done it on my own.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:40 AM   #9
lxDestinyxl
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lxDestinyxl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acnerdz View Post
And if I'm doing something wrong in the forum, please tell me... =)
Try to avoid double posting in the forums. If you have made a mistake, or have more related information to submit, the edit button is a useful tool to utilise in these situations.

In regards to your Stepmania situation, there is a brief guideline, of adding songs into Stepmania under the 'How to add songs onto Stepmania?' subheading in this thread.
In it also contains a useful link to How do I make a simfile (for FFR)?" - A guide.

Although it may be an early start, if you wish to make a file for FFR, be sure to read the copyright permission thread, before realising that your 4 and a half minute long masterpiece does not have copyright permission.