Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 08:33 PM   #1
User6773

Default TWG XXXII Postgame

Wow, you guys got whacked, and hard. I really don't think it was the wolves' skill that won it - with humans playing this terribly, it was the wolves' to lose.

Roles:
Wolves - Stretchy, Blah, Nforcer
Seer - Kilga
Channeler - Matt

Statue location - #63

All in all, I think the statue thing is a nice twist to the game. Yes, I intentionally stacked this game in favor of the wolves. But with the humans winning almost every time (9/10 in the past 10 games before this one), I felt the wolves could use a little edge.

I think masons instead of a seer would have made the statue more interesting, and it would have given the humans a reason to pass the statue.

I also think the statue was too hard to find. I was starting to get really worried that it wouldn't be found, but there was no way I could change the balance without making it obvious that the statue hadn't been found. Maybe reveal 15, 15, 15, 10, 10, 10, 10 instead of 15, 15, 10, 10, 5, 5.

You guys suck at being active.

I'm really surprised none of you were able to get Nforcer, as he was acting very wolfish the whole time.

You guys suck at winning without an alliance (i.e., thinking for yourselves.)

If I were going to run a game like this again, here's what I would do differently:
12 players
-----------
3 wolves
3 masons
Channeler
Seer
[Card-flipping rule in effect]

16 players/3 wolves is too difficult to keep track of and we're getting too many inactive players. We need to keep the games smaller.

Old 06-10-2006, 08:37 PM   #2
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default Re: TWG 32 Postgame

Only wolf that threw me off was stretchy. blah was totally known to me. If I had lived, I would have done my best to ensure that blah would have been dead the next day. After that, I probably would have pushed for nforcer (I have a habit of being hard on people, then letting up completely and them ending up being a wolf; Most noteable example is the game where I guarded Tps as a wolf). But yeah, I didn't expect stretchy at all.

A few notes:

@People who I thought were wolves: Wtf. Stop being stupid. Especially, nforcer. Your pressing for me being a wolf was so asanine, I was pretty damn sure you were human (wolves tend to be more laidback and not suggest such stupid ideas). It wasn't until you got all buddy-buddy with me that I was like "oh i was probably wrong about him being human and nforcer is just really stupid as a wolf."

@nforcer: suggesting that someone who got wolfed was probably the seer was pretty damn stupid (this happened during that one IM convo we had where you got all buddy-buddy). The only people who put extra thought into things like that are wolves.

@stretchy: Perfect under the radar play. I really hate seeing this happen, though. I'd rather see a game of 100% activeness with the wolves getting owned, than a game where the wolves are innactive and win. I guess I can't really blame the win on you though. blah wasn't doing great, but nforcer managed to get me off his back (and essentially save him from further trouble) so yeah, whatever.

@blah: I don't remember what you did exactly that made me sure of you being a wolf. Whatever. I still don't get how Kefit got picked in place of you.

@me: GJ of handing the game to the wolves. Then again, the people I wanted to lynch early in the game probably would have been lynched if I hadnt even been playing, simply because it was all so stupid.

So yeah, guys, it is pretty obvious when I'm human. I can't understand why ANYONE besides nforcer would have wanted me lynched.

ps whoever helped the wolves win on end day: wtf. srsly wtf.

pps
Quote:
I'm really surprised none of you were able to get Nforcer, as he was acting very wolfish the whole time.
Except that I called him day 1. Yes, I did openly say that he probably wasn't a wolf, but had I lived any further, I would have been openly attacking nforcer (after I got blah lynched, of course).
Old 06-10-2006, 08:40 PM   #3
MiniNeo
FFR Player

Eh, I can say I am semi suspicious of nforcer on the last day >_>. Have him post the conversation we kinda had.

Inactive fest for us lol

PS I think ddr would kind of know to not vote so fast on the wolf auto win day next time =D
Old 06-10-2006, 08:41 PM   #4
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

I take a big chunk of the blame for inactivity.

But all three wolves were not on my radar.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:41 PM   #5
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

First, that "flaw" in my plan didn't exist... kefit just misinterpreted it. I didn't mean that if someone was autoprotected that autoprotected person was a wolf, but the person doing the autoprotecting was. That annoyed me, reading the game.

Wolves won this game because there was no guardian, which let them kill off the power players and the active players early. They got a littly lucky with iggy picking up the suspicion he did, and even more lucky that kefit, of all people, was selected as the replacement lynch.

I disagree with chardish to some extent... later in the game I think nforcer started to slip and become obvious but early on he played really solidly. Blah played blah in the beginning and that worked for him, but later on he was basically obvious as hell (evidenced by afro and jurs picking up on him). Stretchy I thought was obvious from the beginning. However, with few experienced humans in the game and with those few being as inactive as they were... it was easy for the wolves.

Also, the activity blew... I think I made more posts day one than the entire game made in either of those last couple days.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:43 PM   #6
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Seemed like an interesting concept.

I'll join the next one.

No tass in the next one, I wonder if Whorli will want to play.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:51 PM   #7
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

I spit on this game. How utterly painful to watch.

Why did no one pick up on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nforcer
Afro can make a counterpoint to any point I bring up.
He might as well have said this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nforcer
Hey guys I'm a wolf and Afro's human.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

Last edited by Kilgamayan; 06-10-2006 at 08:53 PM..
Old 06-10-2006, 09:15 PM   #8
ddrdanc3r55
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ddrdanc3r55 Send a message via MSN to ddrdanc3r55

As soon as everybody started voting, I started fearing that Blah and Nforcer were wolves. Of course, I was right. I still didn't have the players to do it, anyways. Incredibly well for the wolves, and incredibly bad for the humans.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:21 PM   #9
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DiscoBobbyPARANOiA

Sorry about my post after I died. I was under the impression that everyone got a brief death post, but apparently it's only the people wolfed.

Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:25 PM   #10
User6773

Read, know, and love the rules.
Quote:
2. ONE brief death message is allowed the day after someone is wolfed. No information about the game may be said. A Player who is lynched may not post again after they are killed.

Old 06-10-2006, 10:43 PM   #11
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DiscoBobbyPARANOiA

I know, I know. And I found it after the fact.

I just remember the sticky about the death post, but didn't notice it said only thoes wolfed.

Sorry guys, won't happen again ~_~

Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:15 PM   #12
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

Guys, the fact that you thought you knew who the wolves were is no excuse for not lynching us.

I'd like to take a moment to apologize to blah for getting on him for wolfing Afro. I was going to have matt killed, and then I expected Afro to vote ddr... we'd bandwagon and end the game that way. Still worked in the end, though.

I did make a few mistakes here and there (my biggest was a complete turnaround on Afro, getting budy-buddy), but you guys still didn't manage to lynch me. I expected to screw up totally, being human so many times, but I didn't. Talisman read me as human. Afro took me down as human later on. Jurs read me as human.

Sorry if I sound like I'm gloating. Gimme a break guys, I'm proud of myself here =)

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
Old 06-10-2006, 11:52 PM   #13
User6773

Quote:
Originally Posted by nforcer06164
Guys, the fact that you thought you knew who the wolves were is no excuse for not lynching us.
QFT&E.

Old 06-10-2006, 11:56 PM   #14
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda

I really wouldn't call myself inactive, except that on a few occasions during the game I was worried about my internet availability. I really had nothing to contribute that hadn't already been brought up, and I'll take any road I can to avoid a lynch (which I have never experienced, I don't think). Talisman's right, though, I'm pretty sure I stuck WAAAAY out. Jurs picked up on it, too. Even asked Andy to tell her I'm a wolf. And he did.

Chardish, I know you were busy, but I voted for you over my boyfriend and signed up to play after swearing off the game because I was excited about your idea, and then your wonderful game stories that I loooove to read were not there and I really didn't enjoy myself. =( I know it's been a while since you've hosted and you were itching to do it, but please do us all a favor and wait until you have the time to spare? And I'll do the same. <3333

So, yeah, I really wasn't trying to be under the radar. It just happened that way.

But, uh, thanks, everyone, for dicking around and not voting. =)
Old 06-11-2006, 12:09 AM   #15
User6773

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchypanda
Chardish, I know you were busy, but I voted for you over my boyfriend and signed up to play after swearing off the game because I was excited about your idea, and then your wonderful game stories that I loooove to read were not there and I really didn't enjoy myself. =( I know it's been a while since you've hosted and you were itching to do it, but please do us all a favor and wait until you have the time to spare? And I'll do the same. <3333
: (

I'm sorry, Amanda. Ever since Chicago I've been working on FFR anywhere from 2-6 hours a night, except for days when I'm away or too exhausted to work on it. It also didn't help that Day 1 came up when I was actually in Chicago, and I couldn't really take a 90-minute break to write a story (yeah, that's about how long they take.) We have so much awesome stuff in the wings, and we're all working like rabid lunatic squirrels trying to get it done as soon as possible.

The next game I run will probably be Infiltration 2. It'll probably happen near the end of the summer. And I won't run it until I have the story 100% written. I have learned from my mistakes. I feel really disappointed about this game.

Shift-comma three.

Old 06-11-2006, 12:16 AM   #16
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

!

I swear on my honor that if I get in Infiltration 2, and it's like the last one with the Roy Campbell interactivity and all, I will roleplay my effing hardest and not be a douchebag that uses terms like "Reds" or "Wolves" in the middle of the game.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:27 AM   #17
User6773

I was thinking of making it Battlestar Galactica based (the new one, not the crappy 1978 one.) The whole idea of cylons posing as humans is perfect TWG material. Furthermore, giving people particular characters (Adama, Starbuck, Tigh, Apollo, Baltar, Gaeta, Dualla, Tyrol, etc.) might make it harder to pick people out than simply callsigns like "green," "blue," "magenta," etc.

But if there's strong support for the MGS theme, I'll continue that story arc.

Old 06-11-2006, 12:35 AM   #18
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Aww, in the MGS games, when you lose you get the GAME OVER sign and then you RESTART. I figured you'd restart and give the good guys another chance to get the good ending. I get the feeling you wanted to do a lot more with story, except that the mind-taker-overers won so quickly so you had to adapt to that. Nobody cooperated with playing roles and keeping things in In Character Perspective.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:53 AM   #19
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

Oh also, for the record:

Night 1 I looked at talisman. By the end of the day I had concluded that he was most definitely not the master wolf and was all set to come out to him on Day 2 when he died. D:

Night 2 I looked at Omega because he was high up on talis' suspicion list. Never got in contact with him for any reason, mostly because he wasn't around to talk to. >_>

Night 3 I was strongly considering stretchy because she has nearly vanished into the shadows, but in the end I looked at Afro because I just had to know. He was doing everything on Day 1 that, whenever most everyone else I'd ever played with did it, they were a wolf. However, discussion in the thread that he normally acted like that as a human kept pulling at me. If I had survived and recieved the human report I most assuredly would've backed off, but, well, yeah.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:54 AM   #20
User6773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omeganitros
I figured you'd restart and give the good guys another chance to get the good ending.
That's basically the gist of it, if I went with the theme.

If I did BSG I'd probably be rewriting the two-part episode "Resurrection Ship" involving the destruction of the eponymous ship via infiltration rather than assault by a fighter squadron.

Closed Thread