Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-3-2007, 10:35 AM   #21
MeaCulpa
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MeaCulpa
Default Re: Mother of god?

Informative post, slip, but you gotta split it up into paragraphs next time.

Stuff like this got me thinking a few times. I've always heard that "in the beginning there was God", but then Jesus is God, who was born of the virgin Mary. If God was the one who created the Earth, surely he doesn't have any descendents? I suppose I'm with Guido on this one.
Old 04-4-2007, 11:53 AM   #22
ReachfortheLight
FFR Player

It's been mentioned a couple of times, but if God had a mother then that would strain the whole idea of cause and effect. It's kind of nice to just be able to say, "God was the first cause in the Universe." We can almost comprehend that concept. But then to say that there have been multiple generations of "gods," where did that family start? And if God has a family of separate entities, then how could he be all-powerful in the first place? He couldn't be.

Mary... well, I don't consider her to be Heavenly Queen, even though Catholics do. Now, I guess since she gave birth to Jesus some could call her "Mother of God," but she obviously wasn't around before God, so I don't think that counts in the context of our discussion.
Old 04-4-2007, 02:21 PM   #23
meiloyn
FFR Player

Hmm.

The original god was born from the birth of the universe. There was no mother.

According to Christian beliefs, Jesus is the son of God and a human, Mary. Which only makes him half-God. But Christians believe Jesus to also be God, so that makes Mary the Moyther of God.

Zack: Okay, I've got tampons, a Venus razor, now to stop at Victoria's secret.
Joe: Uh, I think you're taking this joke a little too far. Seriously. I can understand going off to buy a bra, but TAMPONS? You're starting to kill the joke. And do I really have to come with you?
Zack: Shut up. It's funny.
Last edited by Meiloyn : Today at 06:09 PM. Reason: Removed NSFW content
Old 04-4-2007, 05:29 PM   #24
Lamoc
FFR Player

Uh... I didn't know Jesus was god?
Old 04-4-2007, 08:32 PM   #25
ReachfortheLight
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by meiloyn View Post
Hmm.
According to Christian beliefs, Jesus is the son of God and a human, Mary. Which only makes him half-God. But Christians believe Jesus to also be God, so that makes Mary the Moyther of God.
Whoa there. Ok, you can argue as much as you want through whatever logic that Jesus is some kind of demi-god. But there's no way you can say it's in accordance with Christian beliefs, because it's not. Like, not at all.

Jesus was fully God and fully man, according to Christian beliefs. Unless, you're looking at the Mormon view. According to Mormons, God the father has a physical body. In that case it would make more sense to have like, "God" blood and human blood. I'd prefer not to think like that, though.
Old 04-5-2007, 12:17 AM   #26
slipstrike0159
FFR Player

Location: In the shadows behind you with my assassin's blade waiting to strike
Send a message via MSN to slipstrike0159

"As man is, God once was. As God is, man may become."
So according to my thoughts, God was once mortal but is now a perfected being. I have always been taught that Jesus was the literal Son of God, now im not exactly sure how to explain it in the best context but i would like to think that Mary was chosen to bear the seed of God. I will be a little sketchy on the details because i cant remember exactly what was said right now but this came to make me believe that Christ gained his mortality through being born through Mary and in such a case he would gain the weaknesses and other such limitations of the mortal man. Also, i dont want to think that the miracles were performed because he had "special powers" or anything, i would rather think it to be that he received the ability to perform such miracles only through asking God to give him the strength to carry out such a task. The only reason i am a little skeptic on the idea of Christ not having at least some of the powers of God is because it has also been said that the only way Christ could bear all the pain on the cross and in the garden of Gesemity (major spell check needed for that word =\) because he could not die by the mortal man and only after his task was completed on the cross did he almost literally choose to die. I happen to personally think that this would come from the idea that if you die before your time (or before your work on this earth has been done) then God will allow you to return and live on. So I personally just think that it would mean that if the mortal man tried to kill Christ before he suffered for the sins of the world to be later resurrected, then God would simply let him live on like it didnt happen. In this case it would show that he indeed had the limitations of a mortal man but with the power of God to help him complete his tasks on earth before returning.

So, expanding on the God being once mortal idea, according to the plan of salvation it shows that in order to reach the highest degree of glory in the celestial kingdom (where you become like God and thus are bestowed the powers to create planets and life) you must have an eternal spouse that you were married and sealed to in the temple. From this i concluded that if God is indeed a perfected being once mortal having to meet the same standards who attained this position then he must have a spouse. If you think about God as having a spouse then you could conclude that God had a heavenly Father and heavenly Mother while he was living his mortal life thus showing a Mother of God.

Also, in response to Reachforthelight's question on where the beginning of the predecessors of God is i would just simply have to say that they would have to think the same for the beginning of time. Simply enough, we do not have an answer, it cannot be proved through logic to either side and we cannot comprehend it so why waste precious time on this earth worrying and wondering about it?

Last edited by slipstrike0159; 04-5-2007 at 12:24 AM..
Old 04-5-2007, 12:30 AM   #27
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Though I knew the first four letters, I'm still impressed that I spelled "Gethsemane" correctly on my first try...

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 04-5-2007, 12:52 AM   #28
ledwix
Giant Pi Operator
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ledwix Send a message via Yahoo to ledwix

If God created the universe, then who created God? A logical conclusion is that God has ALWAYS existed, and that there has never been any need for his creation, because the universal phenomenon of time does not apply to him. From these assumptions, you could conclude that there is not a mother of God. Someone will probably flame this post, though, because of the whole "no scientific proof means not possible ever in 1000000000000000000000000000000 years" thing.

Last edited by ledwix; 04-5-2007 at 12:56 AM..
Old 04-5-2007, 01:13 AM   #29
soulofcerberus
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to soulofcerberus

Back to an earlier post, Christians believe that Jesus was the Son of God, and also that He was God. Its explained in the Trinity which most Christians believe in.

Also the "Mother of God" is nobody if you're referring to God as a being, but if you're speaking in the sense of who gave physical birth to God's physical form then it would be Mary.

Pretty much go read Neon's post, it is all pretty much there.
Old 04-5-2007, 01:20 AM   #30
slipstrike0159
FFR Player

Location: In the shadows behind you with my assassin's blade waiting to strike
Send a message via MSN to slipstrike0159

Do you pretty much think so? ... =\

I think its interesting how some people think that the universe is the end all to be all. You know, there are some thoughts that there was something before the creation of the universe especially if you hold the Big Bang to be completely true. Besides, calling him God does not mean that he is THE ultimate being letting ABSOLUTELY no one have the ability to become anywhere close in comparison to him, even if he could somehow let you have the same powers. We call him God because we only know of one capable of such feats, remember that thinking that there is only one universe and that God will never be matched doesnt make anything true. I could say that humans are the most complex life forms because i cant imagine anything greater but that doesnt hold water at all.
Many people think of God as having had always existed but guess what, it is also proposed that we too have also always existed as spirits without ever having had a physical body.
Also, the concept of the holy trinity is not accepted by all christians.

Last edited by slipstrike0159; 04-5-2007 at 01:27 AM..
Old 04-5-2007, 06:16 PM   #31
flashMaster10
FFR Player

ok. if jesus was god, then how come he didnt just "pop" himself into a physical form rather than being born, wasting 10 years growing up, learning, and getting a job. jesus shouldv just "pop" himself on earth in a physical form if he was truly god. if noone can give me a logical explanation, hell, any explanation, ill assume everyone agrees with me.
Old 04-5-2007, 06:20 PM   #32
customstuff
♥C.S. + A.M.♥
FFR Veteran

Dude, this is kinda like the Chicken or the egg thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 View Post
Placements are final, custom will not be moved to D6, just because he is good at jacks, and mediocre at just about every other FMO in the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by customstuff View Post
Quote:
welcome to D6

start playing
Old 04-5-2007, 06:22 PM   #33
flashMaster10
FFR Player

lol.. obviously that riddles answer is,
for "evolution believers": a animal evolved while living already to a point were its called a chicken.
for religious people: god "popped" the animal.
man i keep saying "pop"
"pop""pop""pop""pop""pop""pop""pop""pop"
Old 04-5-2007, 06:26 PM   #34
customstuff
♥C.S. + A.M.♥
FFR Veteran

"pop"corn, "pop"rox, "pop"...lol

Quote:
Placements are final, custom will not be moved to D6, just because he is good at jacks, and mediocre at just about every other FMO in the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by customstuff View Post
Quote:
welcome to D6

start playing
Old 04-6-2007, 08:31 AM   #35
FyRe-AnT
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FyRe-AnT

Im not christian but this is what I have learned, Jesus is the son, or human embodiment of god, his "mother" would be mary, as in the mother of the human embodiment, there is no mother of god persay, except in the human form but the concept of god is just god, nothing more, nothing less, no father or mother.
Old 04-6-2007, 08:33 AM   #36
FyRe-AnT
FFR Player

it is a symbol, look beyond logic and look into everything as a whole, logic will get you nowhere in terms of religion and things science cannot explain, the human mind can only understand but so much, sometimes you have to admit you dont and cant know and understand everything.
Old 04-6-2007, 08:35 AM   #37
FyRe-AnT
FFR Player

it is a symbol because the religion is trying to associate god with us " lesser beings", personally i think religion is just a way to control the masses but i do beleive in a god or greater being.
Old 04-6-2007, 09:28 AM   #38
RandomPscho
FFR Player

Ant, learn to use the edit button or you won't be on these forums long.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:10 PM   #39
AquaTeen
FFR Player

It says in the Bible that Mary was the mother of Christ. But seeing how God gave him to Mary woudn't that make God Christ's mother and father?
To live is Christ, to die is gain Philippians 1:21 ♥
Old 01-19-2009, 05:23 PM   #40
kmay
Don't forget me
FFR Veteran

god was never born, he is a spirit...