Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-2-2004, 10:39 PM   #1
deltro300111
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to deltro300111 Send a message via MSN to deltro300111 Send a message via Yahoo to deltro300111
Default HiTlEr= :( or :) (No Offence To Jewish Followers)

Well, many people out there think Hitler is a terrible terrible person, should burn in hell, not go to Nirvana, blah blah blah, but I doubt he was too bad of a person, I've never read MEin Kampf, and don't have much of a want to, but for what we've studied about the holocaust he wasn't stupid, he just had an unusually high need for power, that in fact he achieved,

His only fatal mistake was attacking Russia (and commiting suicide but that's beside the point)

Most people hunt their lives for a position of power, bully, parent, rapist, political seat, hitler just took it to an extreme, and did a damn good job of it...

Besides the detail that he killed millions of people, and converted many people then and now to Nasiism and Neo-Naziism, and practiced satanism (no offense) does anyone have any problem with what hitler did in the 40's?
Old 06-2-2004, 10:58 PM   #2
BluE_MeaniE
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to BluE_MeaniE Send a message via MSN to BluE_MeaniE

Just because he almost successfully accomplished his evil does not stop it from being evil.
BluE_MeaniE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2004, 11:02 PM   #3
CypherToorima
Boss of all bosses
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CypherToorima

ehhh...well...hmmm...Besides those facts...i guess not...but that's practically all he did in the 40's(as far as I know)
CypherToorima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2004, 11:39 PM   #4
Laharl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Laharl Send a message via MSN to Laharl

Hitler could have been a figure that would stand as a tall proud figure throughout the history of mankind, but he was evil and did lots of really stupid things.

He rallied a nation that was weak from being defeated in the former world war and made them conquer half of Europe. War and making war is never a good thing, but it did help his people. Hell, it helped OUR people. The world was in a depression. His war, even though it took hundreds of millions of lives, probably saved just as many in the long run for stirring the economy.

It's an interesting topic for debate.

POINTLESSLY TAKING UP BANDWIDTH SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THE INTERNET
Laharl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-3-2004, 12:15 AM   #5
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Fascism.

He took a country in turmoil, reeling from WWI, and turned it to his advantage. He was such a good public speaker that he convinced the entire country that the idealistic Fascist form of government would work ideally. Germany was in such a shithole after WWI that they were willing to follow anyone, and Hitler was a strong leader. He took advantage of the crippled state of the country and the ire of its people and took them to war that didn't help the country in the long run. Further reparations and an overall mistrust of Germany by the world killed their development, and they had to play catch-up with Europe. That's an awful thing to do to a country, and that should be on the list of evil things he did.

Even though he should be respected for uniting Germany under his power and doing so well in a war that, under any other leader, it would have been crushed, his evil actions GREATLY outweigh his strengths, so I have to give a to him. He was a bad person and a bad megalomaniac, and I definitely don't think he's misunderstood.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-3-2004, 02:15 AM   #6
Jam930
FFR Player

he wanted to take over the world. believed his race, the "arians" were above all other.

He is an idiot. and he killed himself, that weak ****.

Also he was a short, ugly, weird retard.
Old 06-3-2004, 11:08 AM   #7
Laharl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Laharl Send a message via MSN to Laharl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam930
he wanted to take over the world. believed his race, the "arians" were above all other.

He is an idiot. and he killed himself, that weak ****.

Also he was a short, ugly, weird retard.
Hitler wasn't Aryan himself. Aryans are blonde-haired, blue-eyed, like you are, Jamie.

Also, I doubt that anyone that caused as much havoc as he did wouldn't end his own life. You realize what would have happened to him if he was in fact caught?

POINTLESSLY TAKING UP BANDWIDTH SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THE INTERNET
Laharl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-3-2004, 12:50 PM   #8
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Hitler was an idiot. he had his priorities all wrong. he could have won WWII if he had let Jews live. he should have first conquered the world and THEN set to his goal of ethnic cleansing. just think about all the thousands of Jews in camps dying that could have been fighting the Allies. also, remember that Einstein and the other lead scientist behind the Manhattan project (i forget his name) were both German, and they fled because they were scared of Hitler's anti-simetic (sp?) ways. had Hitler been nice to the Jews at first, he would have had many more men to fight, more women to work the factories, and better scientists who would have gotten him the A-bomb first.

thus, in a way, i'm kinda glad he was a Jew-killing maniac. if he had taken over the world, i wouldnt exist right now, and neither would alot of you.

also, u guys say that Germany was in such a terrible place that it would do anything, but so was the US. if anybody but FDR had gotten the Presidency, the US may have taken the same route as Germany. in fact, there was one governer (i forget which state) named Huey Long that was gonna run for president. he was Fascist and had many loyal followers. in fact, the police force in his state was very heavily armed and acted as his own private army. thankfully for us, he was assassinated and therefore was unable to become president. just imagine if the US was also Fascist. Japan + Italy + Germany + US = World Domination, and alot more death, because those 4 would not be able to agree on things after the war, and WWIII would have come soon after WWII and would have involved the 4 of us killing each other until hardly anyone was left. well, thats my theory, at least.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-3-2004, 03:43 PM   #9
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

The US was in NO danger of becoming Fascist. Huey Long may have had supporters, but not nearly enough to pose any threat of becoming president.

Also, the US was in an economic slump at the time of WWII, but we were by no means crippled, as Germany was. They weren't even allowed to act independently due to their WWI loss. I do agree that FDR was a good, strong president who is largely responsible for our recovery at the time, but I think other, lesser, candidates could have pulled our country through the relatively not-so-rough time.

I don't think Hitler was an idiot, either. You have to be extremely intelligent to pull off what he did. It was his evil megalomania that was his downfall, and I will agree that that part of him contributes to what some might consider idiocy.

And Evil, I think you're taking things a bit too far. I could say that Hitler could have won WWII with a billion more Nazi soldiers and unlimited resources. That statement would be about as possible as yours regarding him being nice to the Jews.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-3-2004, 03:59 PM   #10
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

Quote:
Besides the detail that he killed millions of people, and converted many people then and now to Nasiism and Neo-Naziism, and practiced satanism (no offense) does anyone have any problem with what hitler did in the 40's?
I'm not going to answer that.

There's no doubt Hitler was a smart man. He was brilliant, really. He rallied an entire country and became a dictator in just over a decade, eventually taking over half of Europe. He pulled us and the rest of the world out of the depression.

But nothing can ever, EVER make up for the millions of people that he killed. 12. MILLION. PEOPLE. The mind cannot fathom how many people that is. "Million" just seems like another number. But those 12 million were PEOPLE. FUCKING PEOPLE. All of them are dead. Hitler set the Jews back generations, as well as 6 million others.

He may have helped us out of the depression. But the means that he went to in order to accomplish his ends were inexcusable. And frankly, I severely doubt I'll ever be able to read anything you've written with any semblance of respect ever again. The last shard of patience and civility I had for you is now gone.

There aren't very many things I take seriously. But racism is way high up on my list, and as far as I'm concerned, Hitler was the main man. And it's morons like you that don't take this shit seriously that allow another atrocity like this to be committed. We can't forget about the slaughter, because if we do it will happen again.
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-3-2004, 09:05 PM   #11
deltro300111
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to deltro300111 Send a message via MSN to deltro300111 Send a message via Yahoo to deltro300111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticrombie0909
because if we do it will happen again.
WTF, Just WTF?!?!?!?!? that's B/S, we've got nukes and BIG bombsa now...
Old 06-3-2004, 09:10 PM   #12
CypherToorima
Boss of all bosses
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CypherToorima

Nukes=a whole lot of dead people=slaughter. If we do forget about it, no matter what, there well be a whole lot of dead people
CypherToorima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-3-2004, 09:12 PM   #13
deltro300111
FFR Player

meh.. you all are OT
Old 06-3-2004, 09:25 PM   #14
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltro300111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticrombie0909
because if we do it will happen again.
WTF, Just WTF?!?!?!?!? that's B/S, we've got nukes and BIG bombsa now...
Ah. So not only is the ruthless slaughter of millions acceptable, it's also acceptable to launch nuclear missiles at other countries, creating a nuclear holocaust?

Let me explain to you what would happen if we nuked anyone, for any reason. The US has set scenarios describing what course of action the US should take for any given circumstances. If we use nukes for essentially any reason, any scenario leads to war. And since almost every modern army possesses nuclear weapons, that would lead to nuclear holocaust. HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS DEAD.

You don't deserve to post in the critical thinking forum, as you're missing one key aspect. You don't think.
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-4-2004, 06:57 AM   #15
DracIV
FFR Player

Although not all modern armies have nukes, there is a vast network of treaties and alliances between all the major countries. The only reason little dictators getting nukes is a worry is because they aren't part of this network and so they don't have anything to worry about but their own hides. If the US used nukes, we have about 1/3 of the world supporting us. If we used the nukes on someone like Russia, we now have 1/3 the world against us, too. If we used the nukes for a petty reason, it's now world vs the country's leaders. The big reason why the US has so many nukes is so that it can never be the world against Americans, but can only be the world against the american leaders (political war, not military for the most part). I'd say the world is pretty safe from nukes if we keep them away from the petty children (dictators) and so we don't have to worry too much about something so horrible as that happening.
DracIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-5-2004, 03:00 AM   #16
SotN
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SotN

Well, if you want to be objective about it, Hitler should have won WW2. He made 5 mistakes.

1) He had Britan backed into a corner. All he had to do was invade and finish her off. He chose to just continue bombing and fortify the coast of europe.
2) He invaded Russia.
3) The holocaust. Those 11 million people could have been working in factories. Not to mention the SS soldiers who were guarding them, who were some of the best trained in his army.
4) He focused too much of his army on Stalingrad, going for that symbolic victory.
5) When the japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, he declared war on the United States immediately. If he hadn't, there was a chance that the US would concentrate its forces on Japan and ignore Germany.
SotN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2004, 01:06 PM   #17
deltro300111
FFR Player

he still did a damn good job as a world conquerer, most of hem fell pretty quick, Napolean or that oriental conquerer,...
Old 06-10-2004, 09:23 AM   #18
TheTypist
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to TheTypist
Default Not relevant

You know, Hitler DID make another mistake of delaying the production of the Messcherschmidt ('tis spelled something like that) Me 262 to attempt to make it a bomber... but that's beside the point.

Hitler had the basic vision, the basic desire which was twisted, and evil. People should try and find other ways of trying to stand out besides pretending to find a case to justify Hitler's cause. It makes me sick.

By the way, I AM still offended.
TheTypist is offline   Reply With Quote