Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 01:33 AM   #101
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CI: Fiction's Birthday Party

pizza guy at day 2 sounds right to me. what about a pizza & tattle combo? early tattle ensures that it gets used. we get either a free red lynch or a confirmed town. add in pizza, and that's 2 confirmed town at the start of day 2. kind of a lot for wolves to deal with.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:40 AM   #102
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I'm down with day 2 pizza guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyjayde View Post
Obligatory Charu vote.
Aww... meanie face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:40 AM   #103
pntballa18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to pntballa18 Send a message via Skype™ to pntballa18

Quote:
Originally Posted by pntballa18 View Post
To the blues: Don't be satisfied with just doing your special action. That wont win us the game, but getting dirty and analyzing with the rest of us very well could.
Expanding on this.

To the clown: don't feel obligated to use your ability. I would only block someone if I knew for sure they would contribute more to the game than I could.

Danceguy, unless I'm misreading something again a tattle would not confirm someone's role. There is a human who seers non-human and a wolf who seers human. I'm kinda confused about your post, I'm sure you're aware of those two roles since we were just talking about them.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:02 AM   #104
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

TT is basically more a malediction than a blessing, even if he reveals and we direct his seer, it's basically one more confirmed townie for wolves not to care about. The wolves are more concerned about heading straight for the mom right now. Should he not use his role, he's adding to the probability of a wolf not hitting a major component of team town.
Like I said, we should force the TT to act if he is about to get lynched, apart from that he should just cruise around unnoticed and use it later when the time comes. Don't forget that there's a chance that the super jealous bastard or the troublemaker dies during a later phase, making him way more useful. If this is the case, I think he should act on the following phase.
Whether the role is used or not is superfluous worry for the context of Day 1.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:54 AM   #105
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

I'm here and it's my party. There should be a rule that hosts should never be allowed to post in the thread unless they're being funny or updating the thread. Wolves, feel free to kill pntballa during the night phase. Rules were clear.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:55 AM   #106
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

He doesn't need to be here to digest every possible situation the roles in this game enable. That's what I'm here for.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:56 AM   #107
FictionJunction
FFR Player

And by he I mean the host. Use ur brains
Old 09-28-2013, 04:33 AM   #108
pntballa18
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
I'm here and it's my party. There should be a rule that hosts should never be allowed to post in the thread unless they're being funny or updating the thread. Wolves, feel free to kill pntballa during the night phase. Rules were clear.
Some hosts answer questions, some intentionally keep things ambiguous. What, do you think this party is all about you?
Old 09-28-2013, 04:34 AM   #109
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Quote:
To the blues: Don't be satisfied with just doing your special action. That wont win us the game, but getting dirty and analyzing with the rest of us very well could.
Ok so I get that everybody and their mother wants to win the game but I'm not much of a fan about telling the blues what to do because we're presumably not blue. There will be special instances where the game will require humans i.e. everybody to tell the blues what to do but now is not the time.

Instead of wasting our time giving popcorn level advice to seem active I will describe the existential crises all of our favourite blues will be going through.

SEER: The seer isn't useless. The seer is here to find reds. In fact, the seer is so good at finding reds our lord and savior in the heavens gimped him and prevented him from getting anything but red seerings. Fancy that. Knowing that the red miller is out there the seer needs to be able to determine that his first red seering is actually worth dying for because, you know, there's no private talking. Like it says in the OP.

BOdyGuarD: He's a cool dude willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good. He knows he's useful but what he doesn't know is that he's only as useful as his cardflip. bodyguards struggle figuring out when to throw themselves in the way of a bullet because if he thinks someone is getting targeted and that someone is useless well sorry useless guy you're dead, our bodyguard has nerves of steel and never moves for anyone unless he thinks they're important. Did I mention the bodyguard doubts his intelligence like ALL the time? Yeah. Don't die for anyone not worth dying for. You bench 500. Don't die for a loser skinny kid from the itnernet, yo.

TaTTle: You know that moment when you're in your apartment and someone kind of falls down and you have to make a call whether to phone the ambulance and get a $30000 bill because this is fucking America or apply icy hot to the sad sap's leg because he's whining like he can't take it? Well the tattle is basically the ambulance because you're bad at making judgment calls. There will be a time the everyone will be like we need an ambulance RIGHT THe FUCK NoW! And the ambulance won't know where to go because everyone is giving him wrong directions. Lucky for the ambulance driver, nobody will ever know who he is. But he'd feel bad if people were calling for him and he wasn't available.

Sounds like his existential problem is more like everyone else's problem.

Red Miller: HEY HUMANS YOU MIGHT THINK THIS ISN'T LIKE YOUR PROBLEM BUT IT'S TOTALLY YOUR PROBLEM BECAUSE IF YOU'RE THE MILLER AND YOU GET SEERED YOU'RE GONNA feel p bad if the seer comes OUT revealing that you're RED because you both sucked at TWG. Wolves may try to hide in the crowd but wolves can't hide in the crowd unless you let them.

fucking WIZARD (MOM): This motherufkcer right here is INSANE. You know what his problem is? He doesn't care. He ust doesn't care at all. He goes around prancing his magic wand like dumbledores assistant and shit and he prevents people from getting targeted AND prevents them from targeting anyone. He fucks the entire guessing system for every red and blue in the game. Whcih is totally cool. But totally balls too.

If you don't understand the wizard let me explain. The wizard (MY MOM) prevents actions from taking place. He doesn't guard, per se. He prevents kills from being sent and kills from landing. In a similar fashion he prevents seerings from being sent and seerings from landning. He prevents bodyguards from guarding (and dying) and people from getting bodyguard (not killing the bodyguard). He prevents the tattle from selecting someone to reveal and someone selected by the tattle from being revealed. ETC ETC.

YOu know what sucks about the wizard? He knows he's leaving every single blue and red in the dark. Seers will never know if their seering didn't go through because he got blocked or because his guy got blocked. And he can't talk about it can he? Reds won't know if their kill got blocked because they got picked or because the guy the wolves wanted dead for picked? AND GUESS WHAT? Neither does the wizard. SO FUCK YOU WIZARD ENJOY YOUR HEADACHE.

PizzaguY; Plz nobody order pizza. we don't want pizza now or on day2. We should know when we want pizza. When the time is right we will order pizza. this whole planning when we're going to be hungry thing isn't smart guys.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:35 AM   #110
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Quote:
Some hosts answer questions, some intentionally keep things ambiguous. What, do you think this party is all about you?
Yes.

The issue here is that you're allowing questions to become a part of the metagame. Stop.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:38 AM   #111
FictionJunction
FFR Player

my mom is a dude
Old 09-28-2013, 04:42 AM   #112
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyjayde View Post

7. Again, if a wolf targets the Tattle Tale, and this latter targets someone. Do we still get result?
the only good question in this thread
Old 09-28-2013, 04:51 AM   #113
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
pizza guy at day 2 sounds right to me. what about a pizza & tattle combo? early tattle ensures that it gets used. we get either a free red lynch or a confirmed town. add in pizza, and that's 2 confirmed town at the start of day 2. kind of a lot for wolves to deal with.
it doesn't make a difference, though, does it. There are no alliances. The way I see it by having two confirmed greens in the thread by d2 you're telling the wolves NOT to kill them because they're NOT BLUE. Also, they're kind of useless because they're not alliance heads. They do not communicate messages from the blues. They do not represent anyone. They're just a confirmed body that nobody will touch and nobody should listen to.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:51 AM   #114
FictionJunction
FFR Player

so what exactly is the benefit? How is it 'a lot for wolves to deal with' ?
Old 09-28-2013, 04:53 AM   #115
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rodd123
wow
I agree, jrodd
Old 09-28-2013, 04:56 AM   #116
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Quote:
it doesn't make a difference, though, does it. There are no alliances. The way I see it by having two confirmed greens in the thread by d2 you're telling the wolves NOT to kill them because they're NOT BLUE. Also, they're kind of useless because they're not alliance heads. They do not communicate messages from the blues. They do not represent anyone. They're just a confirmed body that nobody will touch and nobody should listen to.
Oh, it's a human/non-human seering. THAT'S BORING.

oops.
nevermind.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:58 AM   #117
FictionJunction
FFR Player

the tattle is not as exciting anymore. The threat of revealing a blue was kind of AMAZING.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:02 AM   #118
FictionJunction
FFR Player

yeah now I'm super bummed I kind of expected this weird situation where reds and blues will all react weird because people were requesting them to be publicly revealed and now blues get to sit comfortably as the reds freak out about being picked.

Time to sleep bye
Old 09-28-2013, 05:05 AM   #119
pntballa18
FFR Player

Quote:
Yes.

The issue here is that you're allowing questions to become a part of the metagame. Stop.
Fine, I wont ask Xiz any more questions about his game.

As for your role analysis, I completely agree with your opinion of the tattle tale. That ability is much better off being saved, using it right off the bat on a (relatively) random player would be a waste.

I disagree about the pizza guy, though. Yeah ideally it would be nice to call on him if there's 2 wolves and 3 humans left or something like that. But realistically if we leave him out to dry for that long his interest will most likely fade. We'd call on him and he might not make his 30 minute guarantee, or if he does he stopped for a bowl along the way and has no clue what's going on in the game.

Or maybe I'm wrong and everyone in TWG is super active nowadays. The last time I played was 4 years ago so I'm not working with the most up to date information.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:27 AM   #120
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
@James May - Please use actual usernames for your vote to count.
>_> danceguy

btw pete, aren't you quick to ensure a kill now. Is there something you would like to tell the guests and fic's mom now :3?

Closed Thread