Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 12:09 AM   #141
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD
Default Re: FFR Awards 2008 – Voting

Well anywhere you go, there will be biased opinions. This is also a flaw with our court systems. Take To Kill A Mockingbird's Tom Robinson vs. Bob Ewell case. Bob Ewell claimed that Tom had raped his daughter Mayella Ewell. Bob called the sheriff Heck Tate to come check on her. They never called a doctor to see how badly she was hurt. They just assumed it was bad. They just assumed Tom Robinson was guilty. These biased opinions led the jury to vote Guilty for Tom, and he was going to be executed, but once he had heard guilty, he made up his mind. Tom had lost hope, because he knew he had no chance. He knew there was no way that the racist/biased opinions of the jury could be changed. So when he was at prison, he ran. And then was shot.

People are going to vote for their friends regardless if they can't or not. It's their biased opinion.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:16 AM   #142
OrganisM
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyokou View Post
A lot of people just voted for their friends and even voted for people in categories that make no sense at all. Especially for sexiest female and hall of fame. Complete failure. I don't understand what's so hard about reading the rules anyway... why do people have to be that damn lazy? :\
And I'm sure your vote of Least Helpful Poster was purely objective. Least friendly makes sense, but I do help from time to time while there are people who don't ever help at all. That is, I'm not complaining, but I don't see how you can complain about objectivity in voting when you're doing the same type of thing.

Originally Posted by jewpinthethird[link]:
"If you get stung by enough bees you turn into a bee,
because the venom gets into the blood stream which
spreads bee DNA throughout your entire body...
changing your genetic structure into a bee's.

Every year roughly 125 people in America are turned into bees this way."

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:
"Do you basically bukkake-paint your walls every time you jack it?"

Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz[link]:
"My pity-sex depreciates at a rate of 5% annually."
Old 11-26-2008, 12:35 AM   #143
Litodude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Litodude

shut up tibs just include it

Friendliest Poster: Omeganitros
Least Friendly Poster: grondiagad
Most Helpful Poster: TRD
Least Helpful Poster:
Biggest Postwhore: Sqk
Most Random Poster: djshox
The "Who Am I" Award (least noticed poster): -paexaea-
Best Newbie:Svaz no doubt
Worst Newbie:netjet!

FORUM[/b]

Best Avatar:
iPatch
Worst Avatar: JKPolk
Best Signature: FishFishRevolution
Worst Signature: lxdestinyxl
Best Moderator: GuidoHunter
Best Administrator: nestle
Best Overall Poster: MalReynolds
Worst Overall Poster: Footbull3196
Sexiest Male: pokelda
Sexiest Female: PurplePoise
Most Missed: boogiebear
Least Missed: madmatt

THREADS

Most Interesting Critical Thinking discussion:Religion (vs. science)
Funniest Garbage Bin Thread: TLS
Most Enjoyable Chit Chat Thread: rofl sike
Best FFya Thread (NEW*): Tokzic's [a] homo[sexual experience]
Best thread 2008: GOTR and SSTT
Worst thread 2008: 1mil get

PERSONALITY / OTHER

Funniest Poster:
Tokzic
Least Funny Poster: chardish
Smartest Poster: devonin
Stupidest Poster: rzr
Most Talented: Wilkin
Most Interesting Poster: Chrissi
Best FFR Music Artist: iPatch whoops i voted twice fine wickedawesomeful
Best Artistic / Art:

FUTURE!

Next Mod: all i do is party ha ha ha ha
Next Admin:
Next Ban: rzr (voided so: hooch)
User Most Likely to Leave Soon: thunderstrike687

FFR - THE GAME

Best FFR-File 2008:

Worst FFR-File 2008:
FFR Gamewhore:
Up and Coming FFRer:

HALL OF FAME nominee(NEW*): Shashakylee

dude
out west?
the fuck kinda location is west?
am i buying weed off a gotdamn pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

http://imgur.com/a/Ww9g3
Old 11-26-2008, 11:27 AM   #144
Xception704
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFD View Post
Well anywhere you go, there will be biased opinions. This is also a flaw with our court systems. Take To Kill A Mockingbird's Tom Robinson vs. Bob Ewell case. Bob Ewell claimed that Tom had raped his daughter Mayella Ewell. Bob called the sheriff Heck Tate to come check on her. They never called a doctor to see how badly she was hurt. They just assumed it was bad. They just assumed Tom Robinson was guilty. These biased opinions led the jury to vote Guilty for Tom, and he was going to be executed, but once he had heard guilty, he made up his mind. Tom had lost hope, because he knew he had no chance. He knew there was no way that the racist/biased opinions of the jury could be changed. So when he was at prison, he ran. And then was shot.

People are going to vote for their friends regardless if they can't or not. It's their biased opinion.
Well we know what book you're reading for English class lol.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:58 PM   #145
fido123
FFR Player

I read that in grade 10 English too =/
Old 11-26-2008, 08:05 PM   #146
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD

It's not like I've never read it outside class, I read it in 4th grade, then 8th.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:48 PM   #147
Sullyman2007
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sullyman2007

I just spent like twenty minutes reading through this thread, and I can't believe how many people can't follow basic instructions. Even something as simple as copy/paste seems above and beyond. I was going to vote this week since I wait until the last minute to do just about everything, but way to end the voting a week before it was scheduled in the OP.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:54 PM   #148
footbull3196
Banned
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to footbull3196

Oh come on. I'm not the WORST poster in this site.

Sure I make bad threads. But I think it's everybody else using the threads as an excuse to flame me that makes the threads bad. I mean, not completely (I will admit, some of my threads are BS) but that's part of it.

I could be a good poster if I wanted to, as I demonstrated in some of my other threads, like the one about video games and story lines, or the WaMu thread.

Even if you don't like me, I ask you, not just as a request, but as an act of kindness, to please, remove your vote for me as the worst poster or newbie.

I am not stupid (I just act stupid because I think it's funny. I don't know if you guys think it's funny, and I'm perfectly ok with that, but I do).

I am not a newbie (I have been on this site for over a year, and I know the rules, I just act stupid because, well, I just explained).

I am not the worst poster (Mans0n goes into a random sports thread and complains about how he hates sports).

Come on, please. It means a lot.

Thank you.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:58 PM   #149
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

I should ban you just for this attention whoring post after you've already had posts in this thread deleted. People are voting for who they personally feel should win in each category, that you personally don't think you're a stupid newbie with the worst posts on the site doesn't mean nobody else sees you that way, as evidenced by the fact that you've ben voted for in those categories.

If you don't want people to think you're stupid, stop posting like you're stupid. Nobody else thinks it's funny, and watching you get butthurt over something you freely admit you do is laughable even if the stupidity isn't.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:23 PM   #150
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammyMcSquirrel View Post
Anyways, this thread should be locked now in case people decide to go back and edit their votes.
Just putting emphasis on this because one person actually did go back and edit their post a couple hours after Tibs said no more votes were being allowed. If any of you guys tallied the votes right after Tibs said that, your totals may be off compared to whoever hasn't tallied votes yet.

Oh, and when should we be expecting the results?
Old 11-26-2008, 10:26 PM   #151
pokelda
⁽ ´ཀ`⁾
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to pokelda Send a message via MSN to pokelda Send a message via Yahoo to pokelda

I feel like i should tally but my mind just stalls whenever i try to get around to it.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:16 PM   #152
OrganisM
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by footbull3196 View Post
SOMEBODY CALL THE WAHHHMBULANCE
As much as I don't identify with the negative votes I get, I don't whine about it, nor do I see it as a personal attack on myself, especially since it's my choice to project what image I want, intentional or no.

I personally think you're one of the most terrible posters I've seen on any forum, and I'm tired of your constant whining as if anybody cares. Shut up and take the votes, and if you really care about them that much, then shape up.

I don't care about votes or awards, nor do I particularly care about perception. But I don't want to be a callous asshole all the time, so I'm working on that. And I'm not whining and pleading about it, either.

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:

Old 11-27-2008, 01:21 AM   #153
Litodude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Litodude

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
I should ban you
brb changing a choice in a certain category

dude
out west?
the fuck kinda location is west?
am i buying weed off a gotdamn pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

http://imgur.com/a/Ww9g3
Old 11-27-2008, 07:38 AM   #154
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
Just putting emphasis on this because one person actually did go back and edit their post a couple hours after Tibs said no more votes were being allowed. If any of you guys tallied the votes right after Tibs said that, your totals may be off compared to whoever hasn't tallied votes yet.

For one, I want to think that even if we lock it, people can still edit posts, just not post new ones.

For two, if numbers of votes don't match up at the end in a way that suggests someone was editing votes after the deadline, some of us have the magical power to actually look through the log of post edits a la wikipedia, and see what was changed.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:50 PM   #155
OrganisM
FFR Player

When a thread is locked, editing is also disabled. At least, no locked thread has let me edit my previous messages in this forum.

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:

Old 11-27-2008, 12:59 PM   #156
nuclearsamurai
huehuehue
FFR Veteran

Dev's a mod, so he doesn't know we can't edit after a lock.

D:
Old 11-27-2008, 01:42 PM   #157
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
For one, I want to think that even if we lock it, people can still edit posts, just not post new ones.
What Organism said. Regular users can't edit their posts in a locked thread.
Quote:
For two, if numbers of votes don't match up at the end in a way that suggests someone was editing votes after the deadline, some of us have the magical power to actually look through the log of post edits a la wikipedia, and see what was changed.
Oh cool, I didn't know that could be done. Just figured it would save you guys a little more work from having to deal with edited posts if this was locked and discussion continued in that other thread. I'd imagine that despite being able to see what has been edited, you especially wouldn't want people to go back and edit their votes at this point. =P Ah well, whatever works. Thanks for the response.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:37 PM   #158
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien

Alright I went ahead and tallied everything for my categories. If anyone edits their post now, I will slit your virtual throat.

THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW FOR NEXT YEAR, VOTERS

1. Telling us that you changed your vote means nothing. If the other talliers are like me, then they didn't keep track of who voted for what people. And since normal users can't see edits, we don't know what votes to take away in order to update our tally properly. In short, DON'T CHANGE YOUR VOTE, EVER. PUT SOME THOUGHT INTO IT SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO.

2) Use the entire goddamn list provided. Don't remove any categories. Each of us has specific categories that we need to tally, and it's more convenient when we can see exactly where they are. Removing blank votes isn't doing anyone a favor. By the same token, my preference is that you leave a non-vote blank, so I don't think you're voting for someone. I don't know about the others, though.

3) Either quote or copy the list directly. I don't know how people wound up with non-bolded lists, because even if you quoted the one TRD provided, the bold tags are RIGHT THERE. It makes it a whole lot easier to tell where votes are when the category is bolded.

4) USE FULL NAMES. If you don't give the full username or song you're voting for, there could be confusion about what you mean. For example, the winner of at least one category this year is unclear because one poster used an ambiguous name that may or may not refer to one of the possible winners. It also took me a while to realize that an abbreviation I'd been tallying wasn't a full name, so I had to merge two tallies. That could **** up who wins.

5) DON'T VOTE FOR THINGS YOU'RE NOT SURE ABOUT. Yeah, this isn't supposed to be some super-serious-business here, but voting just to fill a spot on your vote only wastes the talliers' time. It also results in early closing of voting when you vote for stupid ****. Example: This year. In addition, giving reasoning behind your vote doesn't do anything. We still only count the number of votes, we're not going to fix the vote because of some shining gem of logic about who should win a category. It's a waste of your time and ours.

6) READ THE GODDAMN RULES. People editing posts, voting for themselves, etc. It's retarded. Once again, we're not looking for a perfect scientific election, and some joke votes can be well-received, but only if done tastefully and obviously, and only if they're actually funny. Your best bet is to just do your vote the way the rules say.

This doesn't apply to all voters, and there were many people whose votes were a cinch to tally because they actually followed the rules, but jesus christ this year's voting sucked because of the ones who didn't do what they were supposed to.

Basically, just follow all the rules in the OP, put some thought into your votes, and do what you can to make it easier on the talliers, and you'll have your results a lot faster than you would otherwise. Because then we'll be able to tally as the vote goes on, and all the counting can be done just a little while after the vote closes.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:51 PM   #159
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

ps if you vote for a guy in hall of fame and we dont like him ur dumb
Old 11-29-2008, 09:58 AM   #160
TheRapingDragon
A car crash mind
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Devonin has yet to PM me his tallies of everything, same with pokelda. I'm hoping they correlate so I don't have to go and tally everything myself because, to be honest, I don't have the time or patience right now.

Once they PM me their tallies I'll strum up some patience and write up a decent results thread.
Closed Thread