Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 08:54 AM   #81
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

Uhm... they are making skins for it (a shell that works like another controller), and there are GC controller ports on the system itself. Have you been paying attention to any of the info in this thread at all?

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
nforcer06164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-3-2005, 08:03 PM   #82
ajenka
FFR Player

Nintendo is gonna be awesome it's gonna be the Have to Have Game System. Sure X-box and Ps may have the power but nintendo has the innovativity the new controller is totally stylish and cool. Ds has been a testing ground for whats to come the free wifi in ds and McDonalds and other famous places. And the Touch screen were only tests for the Totally maneuverable Gamecube Remote. Once you realize the ability to move around such as flicking twsiting pulling moving up and down register as commands you've realized you've got a ton of opportunities. Add the shells such as extensions for the controller for more buttons or more conventional game pad shapes. Then you've got your regular controller with a 3d mouse style. Ds had a 2d free form movement ds has a 3d free form movement. Then they're gonna enable free internet for Revolution which is totally awesome. Hell If u've caught on a few quotable sentences uttered from nintendo. One of their future ideas is to hopefully one day do away with televisions themselves. This is all just a test for that day to come. (in case your stupid it pretty much means making a 3d world and interacting with it think holostations from various shows where they have a 3d world) totally awesome...
ajenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-4-2005, 10:02 AM   #83
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajenka
Nintendo is gonna be awesome it's gonna be the Have to Have Game System. Sure X-box and Ps may have the power but nintendo has the innovativity the new controller is totally stylish and cool. Ds has been a testing ground for whats to come the free wifi in ds and McDonalds and other famous places. And the Touch screen were only tests for the Totally maneuverable Gamecube Remote. Once you realize the ability to move around such as flicking twsiting pulling moving up and down register as commands you've realized you've got a ton of opportunities. Add the shells such as extensions for the controller for more buttons or more conventional game pad shapes. Then you've got your regular controller with a 3d mouse style. Ds had a 2d free form movement ds has a 3d free form movement. Then they're gonna enable free internet for Revolution which is totally awesome. Hell If u've caught on a few quotable sentences uttered from nintendo. One of their future ideas is to hopefully one day do away with televisions themselves. This is all just a test for that day to come. (in case your stupid it pretty much means making a 3d world and interacting with it think holostations from various shows where they have a 3d world) totally awesome...
Who are you and what the hell are you talking about?

Quote:
Old 11-6-2005, 10:42 AM   #84
Musical_Master
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Musical_Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nforcer06164
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajenka
Who are you and what the hell are you talking about?
"Asked what he thought videogames would be like in the future, Miyamoto suggested removing what has always been a key ingredient for the medium: televisions. "It's convenient to make games that are played on TVs," he said. "But I always wanted to have a custom-sized screen that wasn't the typical four-cornered cathode-ray-tube TV. I've always thought that games would eventually break free of the confines of a TV screen to fill an entire room. But I would rather not say anything more about that."
-IGN
Musical_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2005, 12:00 PM   #85
Zarbon
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to Zarbon

I cant w8 til it is released!! SMB3 is gonna rule! also i like that we can download games off the internet for FREE. Well, it was said at tokyo game show(or E3 05, cant remember) that they will allow free downloads. idk how long that will last or even if they will aloow it. If they do I'm gettin all the games I can.
Zarbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2005, 01:54 PM   #86
suicidalmuskrat
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to suicidalmuskrat Send a message via MSN to suicidalmuskrat Send a message via Yahoo to suicidalmuskrat

No free game downloads. Unless some 3rd parties decide to release their old content for free, but that is outrageously unlikely. Nintendo has already said their back catalogue won't be free.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:29 AM   #87
Zarbon
FFR Player

aww.... oh well, i'll still download some games
Old 12-11-2005, 05:38 AM   #88
jamuko
FFR Player

Check this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGN
December 6, 2005 - Just yesterday IGN Revolution launched with technical details on Nintendo's next-generation console, codenamed Revolution. And today more development sources have come forward with both clarification and even more tech specs. The latest news begins to paint a clearer picture of Nintendo's aim with its next platform.

We cannot stress this enough: Revolution is not being positioned as a competitor to either Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3. Nintendo has instead chosen to design a console that will be very affordable for consumers. For that very reason, say developers in the know, the Big N has opted out of filling the system with a massive supply of expensive RAM.

-snip-

Exact clock rates were not disclosed, but one development source we spoke to had this to say of the Revolution CPU and GPU: "Basically, take a GameCube, double the clock rate of the CPU and GPU and you're done."

-snip-

"It's a gamble for the Big N," said another source. "It's not about horsepower for them -- it's about innovation and gameplay." [Jamuko note: <3 ]

-snip-

Software houses we spoke with also waxed on the immediate advantage to Nintendo's approach with Revolution, which is, of course, system price. Every developer was in agreement that Revolution should launch with a price tag of $149 or lower. Some speculated that based on the tech, a $99 price point would not be out of the question.
Wow. So the Rev will be about twice as powerful as the GCN, and will cost no more than a DS; potentially even less.
I shoot eye beams at the things I hate and make them explode! (Yay!)
So Happy! Smile! Hello! It's a picnic every day
There's lots of happiness in my pocket
So let's play forever~
jamuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 06:51 AM   #89
nickadeemus
The spice must flow.
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nickadeemus Send a message via MSN to nickadeemus Send a message via Skype™ to nickadeemus

It's so cheap and different, how can anyone not buy it.
nickadeemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 08:19 AM   #90
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Genius, or stupid? I'm really not sure yet. Technical specs aren't really important when you see what Nintendo is really doing with this system. They don't have to compete. They're Nintendo. Nobody is going to drive them out of business, ever. Nintendo is synonymous with video games. Anybody that looks at Revolution and whines about graphics has a problem. I don't think the graphics difference will be big anyway.

At this point in console development, technical specs really don't matter. Graphics can't really advance at leaps and bounds like it used to. New technology is going to rule the arena. PS3 and Xbox 360 have lent themselves to conventional gaming. Nintendo is expanding itself into new areas, while still allowing itself to do whatever any other system can do in terms of general gaming. Look at the DS and PSP right now. Which have you heard more about recently, hmm?

Quote:
Old 01-5-2006, 11:56 PM   #91
Silver_Brian
¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(o_°)/¯
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I am loyal to Nintendo forever. The controller design looks a bit tricky, but the system looks like it overall has amazing potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogle-master
i now have another excuse to grow a dick
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishFishRevolution View Post
"i've seen your little boy's penis"
Silver_Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-9-2006, 09:51 PM   #92
PrinceVegeta
FFR Player

Default Re: RE: The Revolution is Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djshox
So beautiful..

EDIT: I'm not too impressed by the Zelda trailer though. Not much improvement from the GC.
but it IS for the gamecube.....
PrinceVegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 11:41 AM   #93
Zarbon
FFR Player

Default RE: Re: RE: The Revolution is Here.

If it is really gonna be that cheap, noone's gonna stop me from getting it! It will be very hard for the 360 and ps3 to compete with that!! I think more people will buy this for either A. not enough money for the other two, or B. they are major fanboys of nintendo. I am pretty much both =P I need a job...
Old 01-10-2006, 01:03 PM   #94
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default RE: Re: RE: The Revolution is Here.

Well, since this was bumped, I might as well put my thoughts in as well.

As was stated earlier by someone else, I thought the same way about graphics. Obviously going from 4 to 8 to 16 and so on was HUGE. But now... it's not really much different. Put a 256MB card in your computer and see if there's a huge difference between that and a 128. Yes, there is a difference, but you're going from almost-lifelike to... almost-lifelike.

Everytime I see a crowd of people watching that kid play the 360 in the store I wonder why. He's playing Perfect Dark. It's just another generic first-person shooter. The only thing it has over other FPS games is that it's the first one on a new console. But no matter how I look at it, it looks like just a regular Xbox game. I see no increase in graphical capabilities utilized whatsoever.

This is where Nintendo steps in and says ENOUGH OF THE CRAP. DS was revolutionary enough. The first new system that CANNOT be emulated on a PC. Now comes the Revolution which also cannot be emulated. They are promising games that you enjoy playing. Games that you can get into. Games like what they should be.

If Revolution doesn't sell well, it means people really are idiots. I actually once had this guy at Best Buy overhear a conversation I was having with my friend about the Revolution and asked if he should get his kid the 360 now or wait for a Revolution to come out. I most certainly convinced him against the even-more-expensive paperweight that was the 360 along with the PS3.

Who would spend more than $400 for a console? Seriously? And $60 for each game?! Ok money-whores. Get out of the market. The gaming community will change once the Revolution is out.

~Squeek
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:22 PM   #95
vashthestampede0987
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vashthestampede0987
Default Re: RE: Re: RE: The Revolution is Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrESqueek
The gaming community will change once the Revolution is out.

~Squeek
More like they're all to mainstream to realize that. Then they will claim that the revolution sucks because they can't adapt to the controller and because it doesn't have Halo 2.

gg Xbox, way to fuck over the gaming community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I hate myself.

Cheers,

Synthlight
xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me
vashthestampede0987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 04:54 PM   #96
jamuko
FFR Player

Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: The Revolution is Here.

Microsoft doesn't care if they screwed over the gaming community. They made plenty of money, and they are in a good position to be making more money, and that's all they care about.

Of course Nintendo cares about money too (that's life :/ ), but since gaming is ALL they do, they have a much clearer vision for where the market should go; and I honestly believe they care more about gamers than Sony or Microsoft do. While everyone's in it for the money, Sony and Microsoft see it simply as a highly profitable business venture... they'll give gamers tried-and-true things they know they'll like and pay lots of moolah for. Nintendo sees it from the perspective of their entire company, and the direction the market goes is essential to the survival of the whole thing. Being a little bold and trying something new is a good thing. They know what they're doing here, and it's going to be great.

I think it's good that Nintendo has decided to stay out of direct competition with the PS3 and 360. Let the two big lugs duke it out until they both stagger when nothing can really be 'improved' power-wise, and gamers get tired of paying crazy high prices for things that really aren't any more fun or interesting than their predecessors. Once that happens, the market will wake up and realize that the Revolution isn't stupid; it's a breath of fresh air.
So let's play forever~
Old 01-10-2006, 04:59 PM   #97
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

I'll consider putting $150 into a Revolution when Nintendo shows me that their good games drought is over.

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:12 PM   #98
jamuko
FFR Player

I think the Revolution's innovation alone will be enough to spark a new life into the "good games" fountain. Just look at the DS... it's only a handheld, and already there are lots of new and interesting games out for it merely because they couldn't have been before.

For a good while I didn't think I needed a DS, but now that I finally got one and some key games, I'm impressed.
So let's play forever~
Old 01-10-2006, 05:36 PM   #99
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: The Revolution is Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokzic
I'll consider putting $150 into a Revolution when Nintendo shows me that their good games drought is over.
The latter half of 2005 was just terrible for gaming all around.

Nintendo has purposely held back on Gamecube releases to strengthen hype around the Revolution and Twilight Princess.

~Squeek
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:59 PM   #100
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic
Default Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: The Revolution is Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrESqueek
The latter half of 2005 was just terrible for gaming all around.
As true as that is, I'm talking about a much larger timeframe. I've been disappointed with Nintendo for a long time - after producing great N64 games, they brought out Gamecube, and all was good. It only lasted a year, however. Following great games like Metroid Prime and SSBM, they started to decline quickly. By the time 2003 came around, a good game from them became rare. With the exception of a few, there have been no games that stood out from the crowd since then, even considering DS. I don't know what change brought it around, but whatever it was, I'm hoping it doesn't last forever, or my little hibernating Nintendo fanboy inside me may never wake up.

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote