Old 09-6-2017, 02:16 PM   #21
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~
 
DaBackpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: unlikely
Age: 26
Posts: 734
Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: Turbo XVIII - Time Travel Turbo (Redux)

also, first serious post

I am choosing to ignore Haku's first post in terms of solving the game
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2017, 02:17 PM   #22
inDheart
FFR Player
 
inDheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 415
Default Re: Turbo XVIII - Time Travel Turbo (Redux)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also hello from office hours, does anybody have any questions about Project 1?
is it going to be on the exam
inDheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2017, 02:17 PM   #23
inDheart
FFR Player
 
inDheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 415
Default Re: Turbo XVIII - Time Travel Turbo (Redux)

the sun fan you better not still come in here as johan when you talked about changing your avatar that one night
inDheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2017, 02:18 PM   #24
inDheart
FFR Player
 
inDheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 415
Default Re: Turbo XVIII - Time Travel Turbo (Redux)

i'm gonna be here for a bit but my eyes really hurt, so i might dip out and try to read a book or something
inDheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2017, 02:22 PM   #25
inDheart
FFR Player
 
inDheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 415
Default Re: Turbo XVIII - Time Travel Turbo (Redux)

i skimmed haku's coaching post, it's not bad if you read all the bold lines as a tl;dr plus i'm familiar with DR/DR2 so i just skipped those bits (also nice choice of music)

completely not alignment indicative though
inDheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2017, 02:26 PM   #26
inDheart
FFR Player
 
inDheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 415
Default Re: Turbo XVIII - Time Travel Turbo (Redux)

what does "weighting game progression and actions" mean

nice touch that xel is apparently an "it"

a town core is good to have too, yeah, though it probably makes the shitpost a little weirder to say i'm looking for villagers. i want the picky kind of polygamous relationship where it's just me/wolf/wolf and i get to lynch them
inDheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2017, 02:28 PM   #27
inDheart
FFR Player
 
inDheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 415
Default Re: Turbo XVIII - Time Travel Turbo (Redux)

also i feel like in some recent game, people were finding ways to "POE" too early because they found too many villagers, and that's not a very compelling motivation for a vote and subject to false positives if you're not open to other ideas
inDheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2017, 02:30 PM   #28
inDheart
FFR Player
 
inDheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 415
Default Re: Turbo XVIII - Time Travel Turbo (Redux)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also, it is very easy for me to chain consecutive posts using the adverb "also" even if none of the posts have anything to do with each other semantically
also, does this confuse argument analysis?
inDheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2017, 02:31 PM   #29
inDheart
FFR Player
 
inDheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 415
Default Re: Turbo XVIII - Time Travel Turbo (Redux)

there are probably three silly meme reasons to randvote haku so i'm assuming blind has one of those in mind
inDheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2017, 02:33 PM   #30
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~
 
DaBackpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: unlikely
Age: 26
Posts: 734
Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: Turbo XVIII - Time Travel Turbo (Redux)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
is it going to be on the exam
also, yes
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2017, 02:33 PM   #31
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~
 
DaBackpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: unlikely
Age: 26
Posts: 734
Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: Turbo XVIII - Time Travel Turbo (Redux)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
also, does this confuse argument analysis?
also, no, "also" is a stopword
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2017, 02:33 PM   #32
Hakulyte
FFR Veteran
UX Designer
DeveloperFFR Veteran
 
Hakulyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Age: 30
Posts: 4,028
Default Re: Turbo XVIII - Time Travel Turbo (Redux)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also, first serious post

I am choosing to ignore Haku's first post in terms of solving the game
Meta would say that this is a towny pattern in your case because of our previous game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
what does "weighting game progression and actions" mean

nice touch that xel is apparently an "it"

a town core is good to have too, yeah, though it probably makes the shitpost a little weirder to say i'm looking for villagers. i want the picky kind of polygamous relationship where it's just me/wolf/wolf and i get to lynch them
Give yourself a goal this phase.
Create a game progression that follows that goal.
Do actions that support that goal.

Right now identifying your goal is difficult.
I disagree with simply finding wolves and ignoring towns.
You need friends. You don't need to sleep with them, but you want some for PoE later on.
__________________
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2017, 02:39 PM   #33
inDheart
FFR Player
 
inDheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 415
Default Re: Turbo XVIII - Time Travel Turbo (Redux)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also, no, "also" is a stopword
i may have said that wrong, i mean rhetorical structure of an argument, where it seems useful as a transition
inDheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2017, 02:40 PM   #34
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~
 
DaBackpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: unlikely
Age: 26
Posts: 734
Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: Turbo XVIII - Time Travel Turbo (Redux)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Give yourself a goal this phase.
Create a game progression that follows that goal.
Do actions that support that goal.

Right now identifying your goal is difficult.
I disagree with simply finding wolves and ignoring towns.
You need friends. You don't need to sleep with them, but you want some for PoE later on.
also, honestly I think finding wolves is better than finding towns --- or rather, I should say that finding towns arises as a consequence of finding wolves

theoretically "searching for a town circle" makes sense, but that behavior makes it extraordinarily difficult for other towns to determine your alignment, at least based on this behavior alone

the motivation for town is hunting wolves and this is usually easy to notice from other players. At least for me personally, there is something base, something primal about hunting for bad guys. This mindset permeates most of my non-shitposty actions in this game. This mindset is comparatively easy to locate and is a reason why I am often townread when I'm town. That mindset of "hunting wolves" is hard to replicate for most wolves, me included.

So I would posit that "hunting wolves" is a better behavior than "solving the game" on average. It makes it easier for other members of town to correctly identify you.

"Solving the game" arises as a consequence of "finding the wolves", not the other way around.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2017, 02:40 PM   #35
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~
 
DaBackpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: unlikely
Age: 26
Posts: 734
Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: Turbo XVIII - Time Travel Turbo (Redux)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
i may have said that wrong, i mean rhetorical structure of an argument, where it seems useful as a transition
also, I understand now, and yes, you are right
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2017, 02:42 PM   #36
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Wayward Vagabond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 30
Posts: 5,653
Default Re: Turbo XVIII - Time Travel Turbo (Redux)

if im lying im dying and i aint dead yet
__________________
Wayward Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2017, 02:42 PM   #37
inDheart
FFR Player
 
inDheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 415
Default Re: Turbo XVIII - Time Travel Turbo (Redux)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Give yourself a goal this phase.
Create a game progression that follows that goal.
Do actions that support that goal.

Right now identifying your goal is difficult.
I disagree with simply finding wolves and ignoring towns.
You need friends. You don't need to sleep with them, but you want some for PoE later on.
mostly i have a goal of not burning my eyes out right now and relevant progression would be me resting my eyes, therefore an action to do so involves leaving thread for a bit

in terms of game relevance i'm probably going to do some note taking because i think things have just been passing out of my head too easily, and rereading doesn't prompt what it should, and that's why whatever town core i might have made in a game could fizzle by the next day, e.g. why i wanted to reset at mylo of twgabout revolution

i don't really have a magic formula for finding villagers or wolves, just distributions of behavior
inDheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2017, 02:44 PM   #38
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Wayward Vagabond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 30
Posts: 5,653
Default Re: Turbo XVIII - Time Travel Turbo (Redux)

this games theme is surfin
__________________
Wayward Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2017, 02:54 PM   #39
Hakulyte
FFR Veteran
UX Designer
DeveloperFFR Veteran
 
Hakulyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Age: 30
Posts: 4,028
Default Re: Turbo XVIII - Time Travel Turbo (Redux)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also, honestly I think finding wolves is better than finding towns --- or rather, I should say that finding towns arises as a consequence of finding wolves

theoretically "searching for a town circle" makes sense, but that behavior makes it extraordinarily difficult for other towns to determine your alignment, at least based on this behavior alone

the motivation for town is hunting wolves and this is usually easy to notice from other players. At least for me personally, there is something base, something primal about hunting for bad guys. This mindset permeates most of my non-shitposty actions in this game. This mindset is comparatively easy to locate and is a reason why I am often townread when I'm town. That mindset of "hunting wolves" is hard to replicate for most wolves, me included.

So I would posit that "hunting wolves" is a better behavior than "solving the game" on average. It makes it easier for other members of town to correctly identify you.

"Solving the game" arises as a consequence of "finding the wolves", not the other way around.
Wolves are usually hiding behind weaker towns and throw them to their deaths by outplaying them. If town knew the actions/intentions/motives of each players better, they could figure out that the player in question doesn't fit a wolf profile.

TWG works with the idea that we're already within a pool of suspects. Everyone knows 100% that there's 2 wolves and 9 towns here.

Maybe you're a badass, will outread everyone, find both wolves and convince town to vote with you, but this is a lot easier if you simplify the game by solving towns as well.

Every time you solve a town, that player can focus 100% of his attention into solving the game because they're not longer under any threats besides NK.

I understand that you may want to maintain a certain playstyle for consistency, but my point is that we can do both.

If you want to stick to just finding wolves, that's fine, but I kind of want to do both.
__________________
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2017, 02:57 PM   #40
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~
 
DaBackpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: unlikely
Age: 26
Posts: 734
Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: Turbo XVIII - Time Travel Turbo (Redux)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Wolves are usually hiding behind weaker towns and throw them to their deaths by outplaying them. If town knew the actions/intentions/motives of each players better, they could figure out that the player in question doesn't fit a wolf profile.

TWG works with the idea that we're already within a pool of suspects. Everyone knows 100% that there's 2 wolves and 9 towns here.

Maybe you're a badass, will outread everyone, find both wolves and convince town to vote with you, but this is a lot easier if you simplify the game by solving towns as well.

Every time you solve a town, that player can focus 100% of his attention into solving the game because they're not longer under any threats besides NK.

I understand that you may want to maintain a certain playstyle for consistency, but my point is that we can do both.

If you want to stick to just finding wolves, that's fine, but I kind of want to do both.
(also)

I'm not suggesting that finding towns is not important, but rather that finding towns comes as a consequence of finding wolves. Your original post seems as though you are saying that finding towns leads to finding wolves, therefore you should approach the game with a "finding town" mindset. I am suggesting the opposite.

Finding towns, and finding blues -- both things that town should be doing -- should stem from a "finding wolves" mindset. Just my two cents
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution