Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 08:48 AM   #1961
TWG Fauna
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Heres some stuff

Town

- Boomer (very vigi)
- Eugene (I’ve already stated my case on Eugene earlier. Reads, reactions and emotions are very authentic and I think the arguably dumb observations they sometimes make are the result of over enthusiasm, typing before thinking. They play with no filter and I think that’s a very towny thing to do. I don’t think we should ever touch Eugene.)
- Cherry (Cherry is asking very good questions and noticing a lot of things that people are missing. They also don’t seem to be pocketing anyone which I really like. In particular, I like that they questioned Dora about the soft clear they did for everyone who was on the Zucker wagon before Del claimed. I’m still upset Dora never responded because I’m still struggling to read people like tank and flurry. I would be pretty surprised if Cherry was scum.)

Town Lean

- Tank (I’ve spent a lot of time reading Tank’s posts and it's frustrating because I sort of understand how he is getting from A to B mentally but the reasoning he gives is next to non-existent. I’m inclined to lean him town because even though he is much more big brain than I am, I do agree with a lot of the analysis he does that I understand.)
- Phil (I initially didn’t like the whole Roleblocker fiasco back in D1 but when I look at his overall play I really don’t see how his game is ever scum. He has been consistent in his reads, his progressions seem very natural, and he actually has an understanding of the game mechanics, which is more that I can say for a lot of people. For now, I see him as a benefit to town.)
- Maple (This is my biggest gut/tone read of my list of potential townys. I feel like their frustrations of not really being acknowledged are genuine, and I feel like they are doing their appropriate digging when they have their suspicions, even when I don’t necessarily agree with them. I think their suggestion of keeping the acq alive for a day is a very towny thing to suggest.)
- Julian (I still maintain that his play, especially at d0, has been especially towny. He opened up the conversation on a lot of people and quite frankly a lot of the interaction that’s been had would not have happened if it wasn’t for his play. It was aggressive but it worked, and I think town is better for it. Could a wolf have done it? Sure, I just don’t feel like his play came from a scum position. Only note I have was his weak read on me and tank. I still don’t understand why you have tank locked as a scum and based on your description of me, I really should have been in null, not locked town. Overall, I’m still leaning town on Julian though.)
- Flurry (I don’t really see what’s so wolfy about flurry. He is engaging conversation and keeping critical, and also staying quite active. I know theres the whole julian vs flurry thing but I just don’t see a world where Flurry is a lock wolf. Saying that, there is a lot of flurrys posts I just don't know how to read, and I'm not really sure why.)

Null

- Punchy (Punchy’s play has been very towny and good questions ARE being asked but I also feel like they’re not following through very hard with their questions and I feel like it could be the type of towny play a wolf could make. There’s nothing I’ve read that leans him scum though so I’d be very hesitant to touch him any time soon.)
- Agent S (Agent S was always going to be a null for me cause nothing has stood out from him at all to me. I had to do a full ISO to write this. Everything seems super towny from what I’ve read but I don’t like how under the radar he seems to be flying)

Wolf Lean

- Rolf (This is the gut read of my scum leans. Their questions don’t seem to go anywhere, and he seems disconnected from the actions of the thread whenever he comments. He just seems to be using a lot of words to not actually say much. Under the radar is what I’m sensing)
- Apollo (I was scum reading apollo early for similar reasons as Maple, his gameplay was pretty useless in helping town in any way. After Maple called him out on this, he has shifted into being a lot more active in questioning and commenting on the game, which I really like. I’m just curious whether this shift was due to him getting more involved to avoid suspicion, or if he just waited until he had observed more of the game before digging in.)
- Chrissy (Chrissys play has been extremely wishy washy and they haven’t pushed the game in any sort of direction. I get that they entered the game late and they’ve been playing catchup, but all the clarification she seems to be asking for is mostly related to night actions rather than the chatter of the day phases. Is this a newer player trying to keep up with the game? Possibly, but I think its also possible its a wolf coming into the game late and trying to stay separated from all the more intense conversations.)
- Chief (I think Dora’s read on Chief’s vote being opportunistic is a very good one, especially as it supports my read on Chief and Zuckers interactions early in d0. I know people say not to put so much leverage on early game interactions, but looking back on the conversation, it just seems like banter between partners. His decrease in activity levels can either be based on actually just not having as much time to play, but his style and tone make me feel like he just doesn’t care anymore. This is why he is in my leans, not my lock pile, because I feel like a wolf would care and a wolf would try and defend themselves in the situation Chief is currently in.)

Wolf

- Matthilda (I have been scum reading Matthilda from the very start and I just want to know what they flip as at this point. They’re not interested in helping the game so I feel like its low risk. Their reactions to accusations have been extremely defensive and just don’t feel genuine.)
- Molly (Molly was, for me, the most suspicious vote on Zucker during first phase. She has been the most inactive player in the game based on post count and half the posts she has made have been word spam trying to defend herself. If previous games are anything to go by, this type of play is very wolfy)

I am exhausted, I'll probably respond to stuff for 5-10 minutes then I'm going to sleep. Nightmare of a day.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:49 AM   #1962
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cherry View Post
wrong country too, you're way off what what

i need to do some isos but i still like chief for today's lynch

Chief didn't really do much since I replaced in... and if Chief sees this yes I am pretty sure I ISOd you two times because I wanted to confirm a certain post you made about someone reading you Null and you admitting you didn't look very good.

The person who Null read you at the time of that post was me
Old 03-13-2020, 08:54 AM   #1963
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Also Fauna: The fact that you took the time to ISO Tank and didn't almost die from a stroke is astounding. Kudos to you
Old 03-13-2020, 08:56 AM   #1964
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Chief View Post
Also, I saw someone said I was null earlier - I think honestly I look a bit bad due the way that zucker lynch played out. While I feel the reasoning is really obvious, I don’t think I just walk away here. Mostly because it’d be openly hypocritical, despite the circumstances. In short, consider this a personal acknowledgment from me of that.
This post is the one I'm talking about
Old 03-13-2020, 08:57 AM   #1965
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Also makes me wonder why Chief would self reflect on the way they posted D0 as opposed to letting other people read him based on his actions?
Old 03-13-2020, 08:59 AM   #1966
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

preemptive defense from being paranoid of getting caught out what what?

feels very much like trying to have excuses at the ready for when they're under more scrutiny
Old 03-13-2020, 08:59 AM   #1967
TWG Phil
FFR Player

tank has much fewer posts than I remembered
I think this is probably a good look for him
(you can't make me iso him)
Old 03-13-2020, 09:00 AM   #1968
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Quote:
preemptive defense from being paranoid of getting caught out what what?

feels very much like trying to have excuses at the ready for when they're under more scrutiny
This matches well with that massive wall post they made last phase as a means to catch up
Old 03-13-2020, 09:03 AM   #1969
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Top two lynches today for me would be Molly/Chief. I don't see either of them as part of a solution for a town win here
Old 03-13-2020, 09:13 AM   #1970
TWG Boomer
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
hosts never answer questions that are publicly asked on FFR
remind me to explain why after the game is over and I will (there's a good reason)

ask privately if you want an answer
don't bother. ive been bitten by it before and if i wanted to find the reason ahain, it wouldn't be too hard for me.
Old 03-13-2020, 09:15 AM   #1971
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

god help me it's tank iso time what what

i wasn't originally planning on doing a big post with quotes but there's some things that are sticking out to me so here we goooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Tank View Post
wolves should be most worried about acqui rn
my platform is village focuses wolves

yo chief, time to sell out your pack
Quote:
nah fam that's p nai.
what's wolfy is hunting down acqui not wolves
if village helps em do it, it lets the pack blend

what's with this weaksauce "if" blah blah is gonna happen?
you want that or not?
solid argument for not specifically going after the acqui, i don't think a wolf would point this out especially so early in the game

Quote:
Phil, flurry town presences of the chatty kathys
Apollo, Agent s towny
twg rolf is wolfing
watching dora, julian, mathilda, fauna
Quote:
don't like the apollo lynch. dude has big beak energy

phil I can tell is a welcoming birdy
tank not wanting to lynch apollo is a recurring theme and i don't really understand it what what

he says apollo is towny and has 'big beak energy' but so far has not actually explained why apollo should be left alone and that seriously rubs me the wrong way

Quote:
i mean tbh idg why you make the posts you make except to try to look good
we dont need a lecture on why something multiple dudes mentioned already is a good thing to look for even though its prob nai
dora stuff is LoOk HoW tOwN i Am I ThOuGhT aBoUt SoMeThING
"not shoehorning" thing sounds like it's a read. i don't think it should be. wolves can hunt acqui ez
pressuring rolf here is a good look, and another mention about acqui hunting being inherently wolfy

Quote:
im not really feelin these claim plans
theres a lot of factors at play
village is already ahead, its legit d0 again w 1 less wolf
just feels risky when im not sure its needed
pointing out it's basically d0 again minus a wolf is a very good observation. being against claim play is also solid

Quote:
idg why you care enough to write a speech but dont care who said it about you
not relatable fam
this is a good point re: chief saying someone null read him - if you're that worked up about it to the point you feel the need to proactively defend yourself wouldn't it make sense to remember who did it? i like this a lot

Quote:
early claim is towny
better than pansy afk vigi?? tht was my worry tbh
dora more likely wolf than chance. reaction to the situation by the book
ima think on it tbh. this is whack

fauna be trippin
Izzy be slackin, mayor tank would give the deets pronto

molly pls
this is v generic
drop some hot takes
it took me several tries to parse this but i think i like it??? dora analysis on point, molly pressure also a good thing to see. still confused on the fauna bit but the rest of it looks good to me

Quote:
I still townlean Apollo
Big clown turnt actually caring
Think he's Del's top wolf tho
for the love of god man please let us know why you keep townreading apollo. stop trying to get all up in that big beak

CONCLUSION - i highly dislike the weakass apollo read but i very much like everything else. town-ish is where i'm at for them right now
Old 03-13-2020, 09:18 AM   #1972
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

still planning on doing more of these but dear god that was painful
Old 03-13-2020, 09:20 AM   #1973
TWG Fauna
FFR Player

The me bit was me thinking acq Had claimed instead of vigi lol
Old 03-13-2020, 09:22 AM   #1974
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Cherry... I'm so sorry you had to put yourself through that agony. Reading Tank's posts is basically the same as if he posted in Wingdings font. No one understands what he's saying, and it's very mind breaking to understand

We ARE on the same page in the sense that we're town reading him though. I don't want to imagine a wolf posting like that but we had someone making pikachu noises for nearly a phase and a half in smash brothers who turned out to be the Godfather IIRC
Old 03-13-2020, 09:22 AM   #1975
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Quote:
still planning on doing more of these but dear god that was painful
I also feel sorry that if you ISO me you've got over 250 posts to go through.
Old 03-13-2020, 09:23 AM   #1976
TWG Mathilda
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Boomer View Post
i went with the majority for my shot.

Mathilda
Well good thing it didn't go through then.

So I know no one wants to hear excuses but over here we're getting a little bombarded with some things dealing with corona virus as well. I'm going to do my best to get in here but have to take care of some things for sure today.
Old 03-13-2020, 09:26 AM   #1977
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Eugene View Post
I also feel sorry that if you ISO me you've got over 250 posts to go through.
you're not that high up on my priority list but i'll absolutely dig through hundreds of posts if it comes to that what what
Old 03-13-2020, 09:27 AM   #1978
TWG Mathilda
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
if only there were an entity that knew the answers to how these kinds of resolutions are resolved...
that you could ask (PRIVATELY)
and receive an answer that you know to be the truth
I asked privately if roleblocks block aqui since people were unsure and never got an answer. But apparently the answer is no he doesn't get notified of being blocked since I was the one shot, unless it's just cause Xiz wasn't well.
Old 03-13-2020, 09:28 AM   #1979
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mathilda View Post
Well good thing it didn't go through then.

So I know no one wants to hear excuses but over here we're getting a little bombarded with some things dealing with corona virus as well. I'm going to do my best to get in here but have to take care of some things for sure today.
How the fuck are you still alive if you were shot?

1. Wolves roleblocked Boomer, and we've yet to get clarifications as to whether Boomer is notified that their shot was blocked
2. Doctor is playing 5 dimensional chess and saved you from the shot
3. You're our bulletproof wolf and your vest popped and can't acknowledge it because that would mean you're confirming you're against town
Old 03-13-2020, 09:31 AM   #1980
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

which of these scenarios is more likely what what:

wolves rb'd del just in case doc didn't save n1

or

wolves rb'd boomer assuming that doc did save n1 and they would guarantee the del kill
Closed Thread