Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 05:58 PM   #521
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179
Default Re: TWG CLXXIV - Sounds Like You've got a Problem. - Game Thread

Either way it's dumb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
Old 12-12-2017, 06:02 PM   #522
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
why do you care?
Also, I care because I'm playing the game. What kind of question is that?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-12-2017, 06:10 PM   #523
the sun fan
FFR Player

maybe blind isn't a wolf idk

I feel like I have too many towns or something

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:25 PM   #524
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
yeah but i assume wolves were ~always trying to aim for a money PR given that it's real easy to rand multiple PRs in this game so if she flipped PR it'd be bad

hence supposed to make him look bad

moreover, a bunch of us were at the point of never lynching funnygurl yesterday anyway so there's a good chance he just gets shouted down over it all other things equal
Oh somehow I didn't even think about PR hunting. That makes a lot of sense as an alternate reason as well. me bad

Also I think you're the only person I've seen use ~always to say almost always (at least I think that's what you were doing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
nothing was going on when you and wv were up for lynch, aside from I think roundbox no one was interested in trying to change the votes, which means that the wolves were likely content with the outcomes

its a bit of a stretch, especially for FFR where sometimes it feels like wolves don't care as much about their teammates as the other places that I have seen the expression used, but I'm gonna go with it for now just because it feels kind of right.

raeko for talking weird atm (reetrance post was weird sounding)
Ok that makes sense. Do you think that makes it more/less likely for a wolf to be among the non-voters?

I looked back on raeko's first post of the day today and the one thing that stood out to me was her mention of not reading into the replacement. Manti was here, he just chose not to participate. It wasn't a situation where the replacement was gone entirely. Do you have anything to say about that @raeko?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
That's not that weird for him

See, if we're gonna call him a wolf I think the tell would be that he was 99% sure on WV for no fucking reason after doing no fucking working.
I mean as far as I'm concerned he pretty much voted WV nonchalantly because of what I consider to be a joke post, and put basically no work. Then again, I guess I have him to thank for me being alive today. xd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWGma View Post
I like how someone gets the meme.

PS. Hi guys, T-Force here. I forgot about the whole deal with mod accounts and playing, ergo my TWG alt.

If no one else was going to make the above point, I was because of the kill.
However, that is a really dumb move to be made by me so early on. If I kill for memes, it's when I'm the last one left in a seemingly unwinnable game (see: Anime North 2015 when the reverse occurred between myself and FG).

If there's anything to be read into who was wolving, it has to be someone who would know about said rivalry/meme and be able to twist it.
Ergo: roundbox, the sun fan, maybe mellon, maybe blind.

Or, of course, the flip side is that it's a wolf (or wolves) blue hunting, and failing. Chalk that up towards novice wolves, or people who haven't played with FG, which includes: Ben (moreso hasn't played in a while), inD (thanks to D0 conversation between them), wine, and maaaaaybe star-crossed if they caught up with the thread.

Either way, that's all speculation, I'm off to read the rest of the... 2? Really? pages that remain to read.

I also have to apologize for no-showing EoD... don't try to play a 3-player game of Magic with Unstable decks... it takes forever.
wb. Why do you think failing at blue hunting is due to novice wolves or someone who hasn't played with fg?

Personally I don't feel like fg gave off any blue vibes d0, I don't know if anyone agrees with me here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindreper1179 View Post
Town
Gradiant, obviously
Myself, obviously
Town read
Lar
Star
Null/ town of I had to pick
Rueben
Sun
Force
Null/ wolf of I had to pick
InD
Round
Mellon
Wolf read
Wine. Obviously, my vote post I give a pretty obnoxious reason, but it may be that I've never really played with wnb, but something doesn't rub right.
If you put me off the table for today which of the null/wolves would you vote?

I'm surprised you cleared star so fast off one post. Haven't played with her so I can't say I can relate, but at first glance looks innocent to me. Where did you have manti before star replaced him on that list?
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Old 12-12-2017, 06:31 PM   #525
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

I don't even bother with Manti until D2, its literally pointless almost always. I just really pay attention to star because she makes longer coherent posts and you can feel the contemplating in her thoughts.
I would push forwards Raeko because she's Raeko and gets away with Raeko things and its no fun to watch anymore.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-12-2017, 07:08 PM   #526
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wineandbread View Post
Ok that makes sense. Do you think that makes it more/less likely for a wolf to be among the non-voters?
this is a deceptively hard question, I think

I think the answer HAS to be yes, but solely from a math standpoint? That's independent of dead air, though.

Old 12-12-2017, 07:09 PM   #527
the sun fan
FFR Player

mellon its the word that opened that door in lord of the rings to open sesame

god I want to punch myself but yeah do stuff please thanks your one post that I remember this phase wasn't good imo

Old 12-12-2017, 07:12 PM   #528
the sun fan
FFR Player

so open sesame*

not that it matters

Old 12-12-2017, 07:46 PM   #529
star-crossed
FFR Player

Ummm...so I am mostly done with a long post just on the subject of a couple of people, but I am scared no one will read it because it is so long.

I could put funny pictures in it or something, if it would help, I suppose.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:48 PM   #530
TWGma
FFR Player

Quote:
wb. Why do you think failing at blue hunting is due to novice wolves or someone who hasn't played with fg?
I feel like I have a really good grasp of reading funnygurl in multiple roles, and I know others have been able to find her when she's a blue role.
I can recall at least one game (which I hosted) where she was roleblocked N1 due to being blue read by wolves, and then killed the next night because she was pinged out almost immediately by wolves [j-rodd, ben, and tiloco. j-rodd found her out].

Tl;dr, fg is pretty easy to read as a blue when she gets it. At least to me.

Because of that, it would make much more sense, to me, if the wolves were unaware of her gameplay and thus the ones who make that kill.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:48 PM   #531
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
this is a deceptively hard question, I think

I think the answer HAS to be yes, but solely from a math standpoint? That's independent of dead air, though.
yes, anything else makes the end of yesterday wolf theater
Old 12-12-2017, 07:49 PM   #532
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
Ummm...so I am mostly done with a long post just on the subject of a couple of people, but I am scared no one will read it because it is so long.

charu's not in the game this time you're good
Old 12-12-2017, 07:50 PM   #533
TWGma
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindreper1179 View Post
Town
Gradiant, obviously
Myself, obviously
Town read
Lar
Star
Null/ town of I had to pick
Rueben
Sun
Force
Null/ wolf of I had to pick
InD
Round
Mellon
Wolf read
Wine. Obviously, my vote post I give a pretty obnoxious reason, but it may be that I've never really played with wnb, but something doesn't rub right.
Spicy.
What have Ben and I done to already make you give me a town lean? As well, why to roundbox and raeko get the wolf lean?
Our posts from D0 feature nearly the same amount of content, minus roundbox because he gave an effort.
D1 is pretty much more of the same.

There's more I could nitpick at with this list, but those stick out to me.

//inb4"But they're NULL reads"
Old 12-12-2017, 07:52 PM   #534
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post

I will read it when I wake up

Old 12-12-2017, 07:53 PM   #535
the sun fan
FFR Player

with or without funny pictures

Old 12-12-2017, 07:54 PM   #536
the sun fan
FFR Player

I literally forgot about ben, that's the read I was forgetting

he's still in my town MAYBE HE SHOULDN'T BE IDK

Old 12-12-2017, 07:55 PM   #537
the sun fan
FFR Player

yeah fuck it he's out gotta post his way back in glgl

make raeko do things while I'm gone pls

Old 12-12-2017, 07:55 PM   #538
star-crossed
FFR Player

So, inDheart sounds strange to me on the first couple of pages, because the vibe I get from his messages goes back and forth from kind of lazy (only saying "second" in post #5, "okay I'm amused" in #20, "this is known", to very hyped and silly (joking that he does not believe Charu in #7, and using exclamation points in #14, and also him just making lots of posts). The apparent emotion there, seems kind of inconsistent, which makes me concerned that he was not being genuine.

When he comes back in at page 4, I do not really get what he was meaning by "feeling like a bad person" or "shitpost-hunting" and why the latter is weird (he does explain it to the sun fan later but I still do not get it). And I found it kind of awkward, that inDheart and the sun fan had strong opposite reactions to what was happening with Force and Funnygirl. It was still fairly jokey at the time and like they were maybe trying to test Force and Funnygirl, but from reading it I felt they had taken different 'sides' to it but were waiting on the others' reactions, not trying to get a feel from one another on it.

In #104 (pg. 6), inDheart makes his first lean of sorts, that sun fan and WV were awkward. Two things stood out to me about that. One is that when Pusheen was wanting to know what awk meant, inDheart posts a dictionary thing, which seems strangely aloof, and like he did not really want to talk more about it. (I am trying to decide if that is good or bad weird - it could be a town that can't really put words to it yet, or a mafia that is worried he will sound bad if he explains it). The other is that inDheart made a similar first theory when he was a mafia in the turbo I played with him, where he pointed out that two people seemed to be unaligned to him, but he did not explain why. In this game, he also zeroed in on an interaction between two people without giving further commentary. So from that, and him making lots of posts, I see him as having a more similar attitude at the start to when he was a mafia, than when he was my hydra partner.

I was unsure of sun fan's read on blind (pg. 6, #111), because I do not recall blind as a mafia trying to make friends with anybody or that being how sun fan tried to read blind in the first turbo I was playing with them. I was also unsure if he was being genuine in trying to make the game be more serious. His stream of consciousness about ben and inDheart (""cuz my shitpost radar wasn't getting pinged there AND cuz I'm not exactly sure why he felt the need to point that out? / idk / now that I've said this I'm not really sure where I'm going with this" (#117)) seemed drawn out. That and the side tangent about the hat, gave me the feeling that he may be being over the top, with trying to sound imaginative. But I do appreciate the direction he tried to move things in.

In #150 (pg. 8), inDheart said "pretty sure i'm winning the lynch right now though so i don't know with what authority i make this post," which seems like he is kind of defining his self-worth by how much people want to hang him, which seems like something mafia care more about than town.

I have some conflicting thoughts on #189 (pg. 10) from inDheart, where he says "well if he didn't disappear with just that we'd know for sure" to reuben about MML being vague. I feel like it makes more sense for a town to be annoyed about that, since mafia would not really care about that. Unless, it is just a tactic to try to make MML look shady. (I would think MML and inDheart would be less likely to both be mafias from that.)

I did like #211 (pg. 11) where inD talked about wanting to have more pressure votes. It gave me a warm feeling. But then I felt let down, when he noticed there were more messages, that there wasn't more pressure and questioning from him.

Quote:
oh but we kinda didn't know who each other was though and i died early
that would explain it
The above post from pg. 13 confused me, because the last sentence seems to conflict with the first sentence, in a mollifying way. Like he is confused, but still wants to drop the conversation. (Since Funnygirl was a town, I am not sure there is a specific reason for him to want to drop it as a mafia, but it still gave me a weird feeling.)

From sun fan (#248, pg. 13) I liked that he was worried about not having time to find the right person to hang. I remember feeling that way in the last game that I played. And I think the emotions in the next post, about MML being harsh with him, are a bit more likely to come out as town, because they seem...subtle/mixed, I guess, rather than more angry. My only worry with it, is I am not sure sun fan was actually trying to figure out if MML's unreasonable expectations are because MML is a mafia. But then in #251, he does say that he was thinking about that regarding MML, even if it did not come across to me.

But the more interesting part of #251 to me, is his lean that inD is a town "mostly for his solviness." I would like to know why sun fan thought inD was seeming particularly "solvey". Wineandbread (I forgot his name actually and had to look it up...), sun fan and MML, are the people that come to mind more for that. I do not feel most of what inD has posted, would be hard to come up with as a mafia, and if I am missing something with that I would like to know what. This lean concerns me particularly, because what I remember sun fan reading inD based on in my turbo with both of them, was whether inD seemed "like a man on a mission," and it sounds to me like sun fan's tactic for that changed. So I would like to know more about why he is looking for that with inD.

As a note, I do not feel like sun fan and inDheart continued to avoid each other throughout Day 0. Mainly inDheart at points, would talk about his thoughts on sun fan's thoughts.

Quote:
getting absolutely zero leverage out of anything happening here tbh

agree wv wolfing here would be different than turbo
This was from page 20. I did not really get what he meant by leverage. I don't like his comment about Pusheen, because it seems like a very passive (as in kind of manipulative, rather than actually invested in it or wanting to be more direct) way of discounting sun fan's feeling that Pusheen could be a town. sun fan had a whole ramble on the previous page, of how Pusheen seemed different, and inD focused on "agreeing" on an aspect of it that was actually seeming to go against sun fan's conclusion that Pusheen may be a town. So inD framed it as agreement, despite that 'agreement' basically implying that sun fan should give up his feeling. (Actually, I am having trouble seeing that as being from two mafias talking to each other, so I think I may have read into them not talking to each other at the start too much.) Especially since sun fan follows up with inD, asking to make sure inD gets sun fan's meaning, while inD seems to keep passively doubting WV (#394, pg. 20).

I feel a bit better about sun fan's posts around page 20 and 21. He mostly seems to be trying to figure out blind. I do not really know, why a mafia would have this reaction to somebody's vote:

Quote:
if you're right then I would have a hard time believing it was for the right reasons but alright
Although, I actually just realized sun fan was sussing Wineandbread, when I have felt Wineandbread was really trying to figure things out. It was something to do with how Wine was voting, but I did not really get it. But I should probably explain my Wine lean, in another message. (Well, sun fan changed his mind on that, apparently? And changed his other leans that I thought were the most odd (inD and blind?))

I do kind of like at the start of today, inD being annoyed that nobody wanted to talk to him (438-439, pg. 22)

Quote:
yeah but i assume wolves were ~always trying to aim for a money PR given that it's real easy to rand multiple PRs in this game so if she flipped PR it'd be bad

hence supposed to make him look bad

moreover, a bunch of us were at the point of never lynching funnygurl yesterday anyway so there's a good chance he just gets shouted down over it all other things equal
I am confused by the first part still.

Quote:
i don't think you'd point out dadv knowing it doesn't look that great for you as a wolf
dadv?

So...my thought from my first readthrough, was that at least one of sun fan and inD were likely a mafia. I was hoping that a town one of them would die in the night actually, because it would be easier to reevaluate if I was wrong then. But having gone back through it I am leaning more that it would not be both, and that I am sussing inD more.

indheart

I was focused on inDheart and the sun fan for this readthrough, but there were a few other things I noticed, that I will put in a separate post.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:59 PM   #539
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Oh somehow I didn't even think about PR hunting. That makes a lot of sense as an alternate reason as well. me bad

Also I think you're the only person I've seen use ~always to say almost always (at least I think that's what you were doing)
i might have picked that habit up off someone else but yeah

---

i am kinda having trouble caring right now but i know i like don't have reads either and these two impulses are stretching me in opposite directions

i'm in the same place as sunfan reckoning that wabby's probably town from how yesterday shook out, and i guess my running idea on the nightkill is that mml's town from it

idk i'm just not in the mood for HARDCORE ANALYSIS i'm just talking
Old 12-12-2017, 08:00 PM   #540
TWGma
FFR Player

Wow.
Closed Thread