Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 12:54 PM   #1
l Endorphin l
Maybe
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Lucidity >.>

I was lucky enough to experiance a Lucid dream last night.
Anyone else have one of these?

If you don't know what it is.
A lucid dream is a dream in which the person is aware that he or she is dreaming while the dream is in progress. During lucid dreams, it is often possible to exert conscious control over the dream characters and environment, as well as to perform otherwise physically impossible feats.

A lucid dream can begin in one of two ways. A dream-initiated lucid dream (DILD) starts as a normal dream, and the dreamer eventually logically concludes that he or she is dreaming, or a wake-initiated lucid dream (WILD) occurs when the dreamer goes from a normal waking state directly into a dream state with no lapse in consciousness.

Or just go to wikipedia and look it up.

It was pretty cool; But didn't last very long.
I'm hoping with this first one they will come more often.
l Endorphin l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:56 PM   #2
falcondude
FFR Player

Default Re: Lucidity >.>

Never happens to me. What was your dream about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by derblub View Post
this pic is photo-chopped 100%
falcondude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:03 PM   #3
l Endorphin l
Maybe

It started out like one of the recurring dreams/nightmares. Where you think you woke up, but your just still in another dream.

But I woke up(In a dream) and went to the bathroom, and walked back into my room; I didn't feel tired at all, so I went to go turn my closet light on (Which I never do because its been dead for about a year now), and when it turned on I felt kinda weird...Like...Somethings not right.

And it just kinda clicked; I've been studying Lucid dreams for a while, so I know a few things to check and see if your in a dream. So I tried putting my hand through a wall and it worked.
Then I kinda just screwed around inside my house.
I feel really stupid for not doing the things I've wanted to do.

Like talking to people in my Lucid Dream, Walking through a mirror, Fly, Killing Spree....>.>

EDIT: I also have these weird dreams where I'll see something thats not scary or frightening at all, and it'll scare the crap out of me and i'll wake up.
Like one time I walked downstairs and saw my sister cooking bacon, and for some reason it scared me to waking.

I also went to the movies once and saw Tass manning the popcorn maker. I think the only reason behind that was because it was the night after the convention's live broadcast.

Last edited by l Endorphin l; 07-26-2007 at 01:05 PM..
Old 07-26-2007, 01:05 PM   #4
falcondude
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by l Endorphin l View Post
Like talking to people in my Lucid Dream, Walking through a mirror, Fly, Killing Spree, Sex....>.>
Fixed.

Seriously though, it sounds really cool. Too bad I don't even have regular dreams most of the time. =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by derblub View Post
this pic is photo-chopped 100%
falcondude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:06 PM   #5
Chief0678
FFR Player

Location: Planet Earth, beating up all of the Covenant forces
Send a message via Yahoo to Chief0678

Wow, now that seems really cool and interesting. I think I've had one of those kind of dreams before, but never quite understood it exactly.

[SIGPIC]C:\Documents and Settings\andrew\My Documents\My Pictures\die-in-style.jpg[/SIGPIC]
You're going to die soon. You have seven more days to live.
Chief0678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:09 PM   #6
l Endorphin l
Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by l Endorphin l View Post
Like talking to people in my Lucid Dream, Walking through a mirror, Fly, Killing Spree....Sex with 5 women at the same time...all asian....>.>
Fixed.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:19 PM   #7
DJ_Swabber
Is feckin' leget, betch.™
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I have lucid dreams allllll the time. It's weird... they sometimes start out being normal ones, and I eventually start taking control of the dream, or I have control at the start.

I had one last night.. I went to bed at 5PM! (I felt really ill, and still do) then I woke up at 11PM for an hour or so then fell back asleep.. I was in a world that was completely dark.. the sun gave out I guess. XD I was in my town, and there was an invasion.... of ZOMBIES. I quickly started to think;.. where would be safe? Everyone from Portland, Salem, the coast... everywhere started coming to my small (under 3k populated town) and trying to hide. I had a team of people who where my friends in the dream, a couple guys with blonde dreadlocks.. they started to scatter to aid people. They learned quickly that the Zombies did not like Fire.. I guess Zombies are flammable? Anyway, TONS of Zombies showed up... I quickly grabbed whatever was around me and attack the dead peoples.. I just ran right in to the group, slaughtering the un-dead... which sounds odd, how can you kill the already deceased... hmm.. I beat them to a pulp until they gave out. xDDD I could jump REALLY high, and hover in the air quite some time to plan my next blow to the Zombieness... I found an electric saw.... lets just say I made my way to Portland easily. =D

Err, sorry.. o.o;; typed a lot haha.

JOIN the Spartans or DIEEEEE. =D (go to my random thought)
DJ_Swabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:29 PM   #8
cC@Zz
FFR Player

I've been having a Lucid dream almost every night for the past month. I don't why I'm having them more often than usual but its cool.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:57 PM   #9
~HentaiXXX~
Banned

Send a message via MSN to ~HentaiXXX~

Never had one...or maybe I have..I don't know, but I would like to experience one.
~HentaiXXX~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:28 PM   #10
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GamerShadow

I have never had a lucid dream yet. ;_;
Old 07-26-2007, 02:44 PM   #11
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien

I might've had a lucid dream a few times, but if so I can't remember. Sounds awesome, and since it's your own head, if you can be conscious of your dream state while still maintaining the dream state...you really could do anything.
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:49 PM   #12
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

i don't know if i've had one of these, but... sometimes when i'm sleeping and dreaming, i'll wake up. but as long as i don't open my eyes, my dreams continue. but i'm awake. it only lasts for a little bit because i always have to open my eyes for no reason. it makes me mad sometimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
blindreper1179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:42 PM   #13
Sir_Thomas
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Ive made sooo many posts on other forums about lucid dreams because I experienced a few. The latest one I went on a flying killing spree cus thats exactly what I thought years ago when I had one. "Why didnt I go on a flying killing spree?"

I threw someone into the wall with my mind BTW.

The first time I had one, I "woke up" because there was a singing fking dragon... singing about how he was gonna kill me. The disneyesque of the whole thing made me realise it was a dream. Then I figured "Uhm yeah I would rather not stick around for the dragon pwning me. I usually wake up when I fall in a dream so ill just jump off this cliff to wake up."

I didnt wake up... Turns out you wake up from a dream due to the shock of falling.. There was no shock seeing I knew exactly what I was doing, and I knew it was a dream. I landed in another dream (Where I did NOT have consciousness in.).

Method A.)
1.)Throughout the day, every hour or half hour or so; pinch yourself.
2.) After a week or two... once you formed a habit out of it, try to dream.
Tell yourself before sleeping to dream over and over. It usually works. After a few days your dreams should be more clear.
3.) While dreaming, seeing you formed a habit of pinching yourself in real life, you should do it in your dream. When you pinch yourself, you'll realise you felt no pain and you should realise you are dreaming.

Method B.)
1.) Before sleeping tell yourself to dream.
2.) While you are really tired, think of something odd to dream about.
When you focus on this, it gets really hard to concentrate on this when you fall asleep. When you start falling to sleep, your mind will wander off. Try to keep focusing on this. It will take longer to sleep if you have a problem concentrating while dozing off.
3.) If you dreamed of something really screwed up; you should easily know its a dream.
4.) Fly around and fk **** up. Go balls out.
Sir_Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:51 PM   #14
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

I never dream anymore since like 2-3 years.
But thanks for those cool tipps Sir_Thomas.
Gonna try that out. And then get control over my dreams and let my fantasies go crazy.

CBR
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:08 PM   #15
l Endorphin l
Maybe

If any of you have a lucid dream in the next few nights, do me a favor. Walk through a mirror, tell me what happens =)
Old 07-27-2007, 12:12 AM   #16
DJ_Swabber
Is feckin' leget, betch.™
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Talking Re: Lucidity >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Thomas View Post
Ive made sooo many posts on other forums about lucid dreams because I experienced a few. The latest one I went on a flying killing spree cus thats exactly what I thought years ago when I had one. "Why didnt I go on a flying killing spree?"

I threw someone into the wall with my mind BTW.

The first time I had one, I "woke up" because there was a singing fking dragon... singing about how he was gonna kill me. The disneyesque of the whole thing made me realise it was a dream. Then I figured "Uhm yeah I would rather not stick around for the dragon pwning me. I usually wake up when I fall in a dream so ill just jump off this cliff to wake up."

I didnt wake up... Turns out you wake up from a dream due to the shock of falling.. There was no shock seeing I knew exactly what I was doing, and I knew it was a dream. I landed in another dream (Where I did NOT have consciousness in.).

Method A.)
1.)Throughout the day, every hour or half hour or so; pinch yourself.
2.) After a week or two... once you formed a habit out of it, try to dream.
Tell yourself before sleeping to dream over and over. It usually works. After a few days your dreams should be more clear.
3.) While dreaming, seeing you formed a habit of pinching yourself in real life, you should do it in your dream. When you pinch yourself, you'll realise you felt no pain and you should realise you are dreaming.

Method B.)
1.) Before sleeping tell yourself to dream.
2.) While you are really tired, think of something odd to dream about.
When you focus on this, it gets really hard to concentrate on this when you fall asleep. When you start falling to sleep, your mind will wander off. Try to keep focusing on this. It will take longer to sleep if you have a problem concentrating while dozing off.
3.) If you dreamed of something really screwed up; you should easily know its a dream.
4.) Fly around and fk **** up. Go balls out.
I fly in my dreams nearly EVERY NIGHT.. I've been doing this for years too. And there is always this shadow creature that follows me... I see it outside of the dream world too (wont get in to that >.>)

When I do fly in my dreams, I have to flap my arms as hard as I can to get lifted off the ground.. sometimes getting a running start than flapping makes me get up faster.

Ohh, and.. whenever I am inflicted with pain in my dream.. I FEEL IT. I always have.. one time I had this horrid dream of being in a group of people (which were all african-american, I'll get to why..) and I was too. We were in the back of a jeep and traveling through what appeared to be a desert (at night) well, we stopped all of a sudden... and QUEEN LATIFAH comes out, screaming "I HATE YOUR KIND, I WANT YOU ALL DEAD".. she starts swinning around a chain with a bowling ball at the end of it smacking the people from the jeep, and she glares at me and runs towards me with a gun and shoots at me.. I run and run and find my backyard screen door, and I peer inside to see that Talk Sex With Sue Joe Hanson is on.. o.0 I watch for a while as she plays with adult toys, and then the damn Queeny comes over to me and says "I fecking hate you, DIE BLACKY" and shoots me in the side... I feel it.. I feel the hot, stinging, awful pain of the bullet in my side... she shoots me again and again in the stomach.. and I drop to the ground.. I close my eyes and vision goes red as she continues shooting me until I am -dead- and I wake up.
I had a single tear running down my cheek when I woke up cause it hurt so much.

lolz! SORRY, I just ranted again... . . I love dreaming!

JOIN the Spartans or DIEEEEE. =D (go to my random thought)
DJ_Swabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:28 AM   #17
blargherness
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blargherness

I've only had about 2 controllable dreams. A few lucid ones, but only 2 controllable. I wasted one of the controllable dreams, I woke up quickly anyway. I've wanted one ever since my first but after failing to control my dreams month after year, I began to not think about it anymore. I wish I'd be able to more often, I've only flown once when I wasn't controlling the dream. It was awesome, but ended quickly. I've never bothered to try the scheduled pinch. I've pinched myself in dreams, noticed the lack of pain, but that felt normal because dreams often make you think illogically anyway. Usually I gain control but don't think about it. I realize I'm dreaming then just kind of tell myself to wake up because the world I'm in is always warped and creepy for unknown and unremembered reasons, and all I'd want in the entire universe was to wake up and get out. I'd then wake up inside my dream over and over again, never actually waking up in real life. This usually repeats until I wake up for real.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:02 AM   #18
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lightknight924

I have controllable dreams all the time. I'm like "Yeah I'm dreaming, I'm going to go off and do crazy **** like fly!" and my mind is like "Fck no you're following the laws of physics."
Lightknight924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:18 AM   #19
Lvytn
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lvytn

My cousin says he experiences them nearly every night. He says he dreams about his DnD games. lol. Yea. I though I had a lucid experience during a dream once. But. I probably didn't. =(

Anywhere.fm/TheSorrow
Lvytn is offline   Reply With Quote