Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2010, 01:03 AM   #21
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Memories

Breaking the Common was like a boss song for me - impossible at first. Actually, iirc, when I joined the site, the news heading was about the release of six new songs, one of them which was Breaking the Common.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:06 AM   #22
trumaestro
I don't get no respect
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I remember when max forever was released...

yep
trumaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:17 AM   #23
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz

My freshman roommate in college showed me FFR. I still remember failing Contra-distinction, the first song I ever played. I worked really hard to FC Story of Snowman and Sunshine Girl in the first days. A friend of mine tried to convince me that playing with two hands just had to be superior to my one-handed gameplay. This was before multiplayer, so we sent challenges to each other and I kept beating him, leading me to believe that one-handed was superior. I wish I lost those early challenges and played spread earlier =(

We were so cute back then. We thought Uber Rave was ridiculous. We thought HELLBEAT was impossible. My college friends lost interest in FFR pretty quickly, and thought I was kind of weird for liking it so much. My roommate Prem never came back to FFR ;_;
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
All_That_Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:30 AM   #24
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Kid next to me in comp. class was playing. I found the URL and decided to play with him. Made my first account 2 days later. Switched to 2 hands after I failed Zelda Remix one handed (like before the bonus Yoshi round and everything) and yeah. We both thought Alpha Helix was hard -I passed it first by hitting each note in the trill as a jump...- and getting 100 combo on Bubbleman was godly.
He soon quit, I continued on, and picked up a lot of ridicule for it. But, meh, I had to be different.
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:33 AM   #25
SnS
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I think I just googled it when I was looking for an online DDR game to play.

Wow, I remember almost all of you guys. This brings back memories!
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:35 PM   #26
babyangel
FFR Player

I miss playing ff7 boss theme..=(
babyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:41 PM   #27
Kibblre
Caelondia Represent
FFR Veteran

I don't know how, but I remember talking to Patashu on AIM and SM and he told me about FFR. I was playing SM at the time and remembering getting 8 greats or so on Quasar 1.2x. I think I was about 11 or 12 when I signed up, and I remember my first song being Bethoven Virus or CIA Rave; I can't remember which.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:45 PM   #28
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I was writing up an AP Chem lab one day, when a friend sent me an IM saying that this game is addicting. I tried it out and loved the game so much. I joined and made my first account, but it has a retarded username. So I made this account instead.

I started out playing with two hands (thank god), and was able to FC 7's. Gradually, I increased my speed mod over time, and change my key settings, and now here I am. I have gotten a few friends addicted to this game, but not as addicted as I was. Oh man, great times.
iironiic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:55 PM   #29
alloyus
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
FFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Played DDR for the first time a few months before I joined, really liked it even though I couldn't pass beginner songs XD so I decided to find some sort of online version, found this site. Stayed a one hander for about 1.25 years, ended up switching to spread after getting dominated by Green Twilight in the third official tournament. And LOL at everyone having problems with Alpha Helix and such at first, I had problems with THE COLOR OF BATTLE XD (As in, passing XD)

^FFP_D0pey btw
alloyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:04 PM   #30
Vanilla Mnm
cavs
FFR Veteran

I first started when I saw this girl in my computer class playing this game, and I asked her what 'that was' and she said FFR, so she showed me it and then I dated her for 7 months. xD

And I played my first 12,000 games one handed until ELRayford, my only FFR friend for a long time, convinced me to try spread.

Then two summers ago, I remember getting 100M-300M score nearly everyday, I'd stay up all night, until 9am sometimes. Sometimes I'd be dancing on webcam with Jteh xD oh good times. That's probably my favorite memory.

And then.. have you ever played a song and you AAA'd it and you were amazed & really happy?, lmao. Like probably when most of you first got Oni.. I didn't get the same feeling when I AAA'd Oni than I did when I AAA'd my first level 10, Life Light.

Idk there's a lot of other things, but I forget. I remember my first tournament I hosted, first place won like 800 credits.

ps this is a good thread to read through.
Vanilla Mnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:24 PM   #31
Starshot
/DJS\
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to Starshot Send a message via MSN to Starshot Send a message via Yahoo to Starshot

It's blurry, but I think I signed up to download a simfile. Played for a bit. Then in no particular order:

• Envied those who made music
  • Attempted to make music
  • Made ****ty music
  • Made really ****ty music
  • Have a break and make an album that didn't suck
  • Get ignored by larger, signed artists
  • Made another ****ty album
  • Left FFR due to conflict of interest
  • Got a boatload better at music
Old 11-15-2010, 08:25 PM   #32
orangeade
FFR Player

Good thread orangeade

Thanks orangeade

Also I remember I stole this name from somebody in Maplestory. Oh yeah, played that game since launch date at the age of 10 or 9 I believe.

I also remember thinking breaking the common was impossible, and ****ting myself when I pressed... I think the HOME key and then some weird box popped up and made that weird noise? Startled the crap out of me when I was 11 and had to stop playing FFR for a few weeks because I had NO idea how it did that and I was scared it would happen again. Lol. I'm such a pussy
Old 11-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #33
flash dualist
u wot m8?
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to flash dualist

I remember back then when I didn't have an ffr account, I was playing breaking the common one handed and I was using an old keyboard.
flash dualist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:58 PM   #34
tangomango
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I first came to this site in computer class in '05. I saw someone play Flight of the Bumblebee, and it looked fun, so I tried playing and failed within 5 seconds. I also had an extremely hard time with the bonus round of Legend of Zelda. I never really saw the need to make an account though, and kinda forgot about the game until '07 when my friend challenged me to play him on MP.
tangomango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:03 PM   #35
DragonIIDX
Not dragon, but dinosaur
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to DragonIIDX

searched for Simfiles and this site came up. then played the main game. it was back in 05-06? i wish i made an account sooner... this is the best site ever
DragonIIDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:16 PM   #36
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

I found the site in '07 and made an account, but I was on dial up, so I couldnt load a game. During this time I played a some stepmania and made some really crappy stepfiles. The file AAA on stepmania had very similar notes to the version on here, and I thought it was impossible to pass. Now I can FC that song in SM on a good run.

In 2009, on the college's internet connection, I began playing and became rather active. I remember writing down the songs I had not played yet and doing them all in a row to improve my average rank. I began making goals (10 AAA's, 200 FC's, ect) in sets of four or five at a time, and I'm now up to working on my 8th set of goals from when I started playing.

The next day or so will also mark a change in my playing: I'll be using a real keyboard, which I've already found helps my PA. Hopefully I can be a solid D2 player in this Christmas tourny instead of at the back of the pack.

Although I've only been here really since 2009, I have many good memories playing this game.

TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:58 AM   #37
remedy1502
remederpin
FFR Veteran

I started playing cause some guy at school was playing FotBB. I thought it looked cool, so I signed up on FFR that night.

I remember getting 5-0-0-0 on Secret Zombie Room on my 3rd day of playing FFR. I thought that was incredible. Played Alpha Helix a ton, and that Megaman song (it's a 3 I believe), I swear it had such a hard stream part in it (lol). One-handed switched to 3-finger after 2 months, then eventually switched to spread after another 7 months or so (somehow I still remember that it was November).

I just recently beat my Vertex Beta score which was gotten with avmisses in septermber 2007. That's some good skill progression going on XD
remedy1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:05 AM   #38
awein999
(ಠ⌣ಠ)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to awein999

a little over three years ago my best friend told me "I think you would like this game" and showed it to me on the computer....biggest understatement ever.
awein999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:32 AM   #39
duddychuck@yahoo.com
Retired
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to duddychuck@yahoo.com Send a message via MSN to duddychuck@yahoo.com Send a message via Yahoo to duddychuck@yahoo.com Send a message via Skype™ to duddychuck@yahoo.com

I saw some guys playing FFR in the computer lab at my school in 2007, I played like a few game a month then I was wondering what the credits were and why I wasnt getting any so I made an account in September 2009. And I wasnt expecting to actually use the site, I was just curious. Hence, gay ass user name rofl I didnt want to think of anything but then i made my profile all cool and stuff and got into the forums and all that extra stuff and here I am (:
Old 11-16-2010, 05:32 AM   #40
Simonsmp
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Simonsmp

My memories are when I had tier points, apparently I don't anymore and my sig is void.... sadfayse.
AAA's: 85 (Normal) + 19 (Other) = 104 (Total)
FC's: 265 (Normal)
Tier Points: 23 + 1 = 24
Best AAA: Ancient's Death (VD)
Best FC: Takecore of Yourself (VC)
Best Tier Song: 3/5 - The Games We Played, Part 4 - 15 or fewer -or- 3/7 - Rondo Alla Turca - 60 or fewer -or- 3/4 - Etude To A Dragon - 4 or fewer
Nationality: AUSSIE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj_leonine View Post
Aussies make me moist.
Simonsmp is offline   Reply With Quote