Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2008, 07:30 PM   #1
glimdanten
FFR Player

Default Fett's Vette

Hello,

Bit of a newbie question but is it possible to download the simfile (or whatever it is called) for Fett's Vette that is on FFR? That is definetly one of my favorite songs and I have found a couple of simfiles for it around but none are nearly as good as the one on the game. Id really like to be able to practice it on my PSP.

Thank you for all of your help,

Last edited by glimdanten; 03-29-2008 at 07:30 PM.. Reason: Spelling mistake
glimdanten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 07:41 PM   #2
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr
Default Re: Fett's Vette

Yeah, it should be. Go to the Sim File DB or ask and admin or a particular moderator for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 07:47 PM   #3
Silver_Brian
¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(o_°)/¯
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

FFR official simfiles aren't supposed to be public. Meaning you're not supposed to have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogle-master
i now have another excuse to grow a dick
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishFishRevolution View Post
"i've seen your little boy's penis"
Silver_Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:08 PM   #4
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

The simfile as it exists in the game is only available in the game. If someone has duplicated it and uploaded it into the simfile database, that's when you let an admin or moderator know, and bannings happen.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:00 AM   #5
QuadCore
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
The simfile as it exists in the game is only available in the game. If someone has duplicated it and uploaded it into the simfile database, that's when you let an admin or moderator know, and bannings happen.
why?
what reason is there to ban someone over that? like i understand abusing the uploading system, or uploading a duplicate is something which shouldn't be done. But, why would uploading a file from the FFR client be so bad?
Old 03-30-2008, 01:28 AM   #6
Silver_Brian
¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(o_°)/¯

It has to do with publicly releasing artists' music. When we get permissions from artists, sometimes they dont' want their music publicly distributed. This is truer of bigger, well-known groups, as opposed to in-house artists.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-30-2008, 01:37 AM   #7
QuadCore
FFR Player

i understand such illegalities, sounds like a silly to worry about songs which ffr already is aloud to use, and not worry so much as to songs that they don't have permission to host. Maybe I'm missing a key factor here, but i don't see the issue.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:14 AM   #8
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Because the band/label gives FFR permission to use the song. Not you. You do not have permission to use the song, because you aren't FFR. So when people get songs and stepfiles from FFR, they are violating the agreement that FFR made with the band/label.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:23 AM   #9
QuadCore
FFR Player

facepalm.jpg

edit: So FFR, as an entity has made an agreement to the band/label not to leak there songs? so if one, was to exploit the client, and show others how to download the file, that would in turn put FFR in a situation which i assume it wouldn't like to be in, so why have such a binding contract? either way im leaving this thread before i say something stupid to you.

Last edited by QuadCore; 03-30-2008 at 03:27 AM.. Reason: //dun wanna get banned on my birthday
QuadCore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 04:42 AM   #10
omgwtfToph
FFR Music Producers
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to omgwtfToph

seems like a pretty weak argument when you can upload pretty much any song (yes, illegally) to the sims database, including other songs by the same artist

but what do I know
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
omgwtfToph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 08:32 AM   #11
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I don't think they would care all that much. Its happening like 8x as much on Morpheus and Limewire as it is on some small, under the radar site like this.

I think is okay if you buy the CD. You're just sharing it with everyone else.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 04:15 PM   #12
Silver_Brian
¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(o_°)/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
small, under the radar site like this.
We used to be this. Not so much anymore.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-30-2008, 04:32 PM   #13
DayMan951
yfwdbwdsb
FFR Veteran

Another reason it isn't allowed is...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudden2 View Post
To stop people from asking this every day, this might help.

Synth wants FFR originals to stay in FFR because if they got released to the public then people would just put them in StepMania and not want to play FFR anymore because they already got all of FFR's songs in Stepmania, defeating the purpose.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:09 AM   #14
glimdanten
FFR Player

Ahh, damn

Well thank you for all your help. Unfortunately FFR tends to lag or bug frequently on my computer (its a crap one), so it makes it very difficult to play not to mention I enjoy being able to play away from my computer with my psp. Kudos to the simfile author that made it, as it is the best version of Fett's Vette I have seen.

Thank you once again,
glimdanten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:23 AM   #15
Afrombean
FFR Player

On the topic of illegality of releasing the MP3 for public use:

The song in question used to be available on mc chris's website for free. Part of the album "Life's a Bitch and I'm Her Pimp" I believe it's called, which was also available for free on his website. In fact, part of me wants to say that it's still there on his site somewhere and I'm just failing to find it. Regardless, I don't think he would have any qualms about someone downloading it without paying him for it.

But as was said, the stepfile should not be made publically available for reasons detailed here, as quoted above:

"Synth wants FFR originals to stay in FFR because if they got released to the public then people would just put them in StepMania and not want to play FFR anymore because they already got all of FFR's songs in Stepmania, defeating the purpose."

ps
Quote:
as it is the best version of Fett's Vette I have seen
You do know it's cut up in the FFR version, right?
Afrombean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-5-2008, 12:07 AM   #16
nwprtsmkr
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to nwprtsmkr Send a message via Yahoo to nwprtsmkr

All I know is that this is a public site, making the music public. Same with avitars. The person above has Stephen Colbert for theirs. Stephen Colbert gave Comedy Central permission to use his image, not that single person in these forums. Same goes with all art/avitar that isn't original. The internet was made for sharing information (Or for pr0n, depends on if you listen to Avenue Q xD), and people get upset about the sharing of information. Here is the question though: The artist says it is for FFR use only, that I can't have it. So FFR keeps the files tucked away. Last time I checked there were THOUSANDS of programs that will record sound that plays through your speakers. But what do I know? I'm just a noob ^_^

nwprtsmkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-5-2008, 12:16 AM   #17
Izzy
Snek

Ya, getting any of the music is easy. But the step charts is less easy. Still synth wants ffr files on ffr exclusively. Just because he can.. well try.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-5-2008, 10:42 AM   #18
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Just because it is easy to do something illegal doesn't mean it's not illegal or suddenly becomes okay because you can do it.

There's a disclaimer on the simfile database that says the content isn't actively or heavily moderated, and puts the onus on artists to see where their music has been used. If any artist was notified that their songs were being used without permission and contacted FFR, those songs would all be deleted from the database.

Basically, the simfile database is banking on fair use, and the fact that nobody profits from a song appearing in the database for others to download to given them justification to put the onus on the artist to complain.

But don't think that if someone came along and said "Hey get my songs out of that free database" that they wouldn't vanish very quickly.

Yes there are programs that can record the song as it comes out of your speakers, and there are programs that can pull the MP3 right out of the flash embedding and save it. But there are also programs to log all your keystrokes and get your credit card number. Just because there's a program for it doesn't mean it's automatically okay to use that program.

Between permissions issues with artists and record labels, and Synth's desire to keep the stepfiles on FFR unique to FFR, it seems pretty clear that the spirit and letter of the rules tell you to -not- attempt to get exact copies of the MP3s or Stepcharts in FFR.

Every artist that is okay with their music being downloaded will have their music freely downloadable on their own websites, and the global permissions thread has a giant pile of websites belonging to artists who gave permission for their music to be used, and that's pretty much the only "allowed" means of getting FFR songs.
Old 05-5-2008, 09:08 PM   #19
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

If you want to take the time to get a similar MP3 and copy all the arrows from the FFR file into SM, go ahead, just don't upload it anywhere.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-5-2008, 09:25 PM   #20
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

If an artist (or simfile author for that matter) contacts us wanting us to remove a song or songs from the DB, we will.

As has been mentioned, we don't want the STEPFILE being public... the mp3, while we do care about that, the responsibility is on the uploader for the DB.